Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
usmcmom

Duggars Raided by Homeland Security

Recommended Posts

Rachel333

KNWA has confirmed with Homeland Security Investigations that there was a raid on the Duggars' home. I don't really know what that means, and it sounds like it doesn't necessarily involve Josh.

On 11/18/2019 at 3:12 PM, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Yeah, Reddit is full of some sketchy links to a human trafficking ring in AZ? I will take the FBI statement at face value and wait for the next scandal 😂.

So I doubt the Duggars are involved at all, but that's very much a real case where a bunch of pregnant Marshallese women were kept in a house in Springdale, Arkansas so their babies could be adopted. The attorney is from Arizona but the adoptions seem to have mostly happened in Arkansas. Here's an article from an Arkansas news station. It's not that much of a stretch to connect it to the Duggars given that a CPC in the Duggars' area was involved and they have a history of associating with CPCs. Again, though, I'm not aware of any actual evidence of the Duggars being involved.

  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meh
Timetostoplurking

Homeland security was apparently at the Duggars.  Wow.  

Edited by Timetostoplurking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xan

 

17 minutes ago, Timetostoplurking said:

Homeland security was apparently at the Duggars.  Wow.  

...........................................

From KNWA:

by: Ninette Sosa, Garrett Fergeson

Posted: Nov 19, 2019 / 05:55 PM CST / Updated: Nov 19, 2019 / 06:03 PM CST

TONTITOWN, Ark. (KNWA) — Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) confirms to KNWA that agents raided the Duggar’s Tontitown home last week.

An HSI spokesperson said, “[I do not dispute the information that] HSI was present there [Duggar home] pursuant to an on-going federal criminal investigation.”

The reason for the raid was not disclosed by HSI and the U.S. District Attorney for Western Arkansas will not comment on the incident when asked by KNWA.

The Duggar family is probably best known for television reality shows titled “19 Kids and Counting,” and “Counting On.”

Josh Duggar was sued earlier in 2019 for real estate fraud and that trial is scheduled to begin next year.

The patriarch of the family, Jim Bob Duggar, served in the Arkansas of Representatives for Washington County from 1999 to 2002. He was vice-chair of the House Corrections and Criminal Law Subcommittee.

The youngest Duggar, Jedidah, 20, who filed papers to run for State Representative, said he did not know anything that was going on at the family home. “I don’t live there and I am not aware of any investigation.”

Stay with KNWA News as we continue to gather more information.

(Sorry. Wasn't able to get the photos in the article to save and post.)

.....................................

I wonder who the subject is for the "federal criminal investigation"??

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clairice

Thanks Xan for the article, i've seen this reported on fb but not been able to read as am in the uk, much appreciated :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xan

This latest news isn't going to help Jed's campaign at all.  I thought it was interesting that he said he didn't live at the family home now.  Maybe he and Jeremiah are living in his district now.

  • Upvote 32
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xan

Now they're reporting that Homeland Security also raided Josh's business.  (Car lot?)

............................................................

NORTHWEST ARKANSAS (KFSM) — Homeland Security Investigators say they will not dispute allegations that they have raided a Northwest Arkansas business owned by Josh Duggar.

Investigators can not go into details on the federal investigations unless federal charges are filed.

It is not known at this time what business or when the incident happened.

Duggar made headlines in 2015 after several of his sisters spoke out against him and the sexual molestation allegations he faced.

In June of 2015 Duggar parents Jim Bob and Michelle confirmed during an interview that Josh was guilty of molesting five victims — four daughters, two of whom were confirmed to be Jessa and Jill, and one babysitter.

After his name appeared on the list of Ashley Madison users in August, Josh admitted to cheating on his wife and having a porn addiction. He checked in to a long-term rehab facility on Aug. 25.

Duggar was then accused of battery by adult entertainer Danica Dillon in November of 2015.

Stay with 5NEWS for updates on this developing story. 

Edited by Xan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kelsey

This is a rollercoaster. 😲 

  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spent
Destiny
10 minutes ago, Xan said:

Now they're reporting that Homeland Security also raided Josh's business.  (Car lot?)

............................................................

NORTHWEST ARKANSAS (KFSM) — Homeland Security Investigators say they will not dispute allegations that they have raided a Northwest Arkansas business owned by Josh Duggar.

Investigators can not go into details on the federal investigations unless federal charges are filed.

It is not known at this time what business or when the incident happened.

Duggar made headlines in 2015 after several of his sisters spoke out against him and the sexual molestation allegations he faced.

In June of 2015 Duggar parents Jim Bob and Michelle confirmed during an interview that Josh was guilty of molesting five victims — four daughters, two of whom were confirmed to be Jessa and Jill, and one babysitter.

After his name appeared on the list of Ashley Madison users in August, Josh admitted to cheating on his wife and having a porn addiction. He checked in to a long-term rehab facility on Aug. 25.

Duggar was then accused of battery by adult entertainer Danica Dillon in November of 2015.

Stay with 5NEWS for updates on this developing story. 

Can you link to the story?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waffle Time
FeministShrew
bella8050

Well damn now I'm confused. Hope some larger outlets pick this up and we can get more information. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
princessjo1988

I think it's both? 

In which case, buckle ourselves in. I think it's going to be a bumpy ride. 

 

I feel for the kids and Anna, regardless of how this shakes out. 

JB and Michelle should be hanging their heads in shame. 

  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants

Holy shite. If this involves Josh, poor Anna.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dizzy
nelliebelle1197
5 minutes ago, princessjo1988 said:

I think it's both? 

In which case, buckle ourselves in. I think it's going to be a bumpy ride. 

 

I feel for the kids and Anna, regardless of how this shakes out. 

JB and Michelle should be hanging their heads in shame. 

Hey Jo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dizzy
nelliebelle1197

This is weird. Homeland Security does not DENY but did not confirm. I am really confused. Homeland Security???  Immigration? Terrorism? International human trafficking?

  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants
5 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

I hope it involved MedicCorp. That would take out the majority of the male cast for Counting on. 

When I heard Homeland Security, that was my exact thought, but why the car lot?

Edited by SassyPants

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rachel333
2 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

This is weird. Homeland Security does not DENY but did not confirm. I am really confused. Homeland Security???  Immigration? Terrorism? International human trafficking?

Probably just different sources wording it differently. The first (KNWA) article worded it as "Homeland Security Investigations confirms."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marmalade

But if it had to do with MedicCorps, wouldn't they gave gone after JD? 

Looks like the Redditors had it half right. Yes in raids, just got the agency wrong. 

So, in light of all this, Anna was justified in shutting down comments on IG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rachel333

And from their website, the types of crimes HSI covers include:

Quote

 

Financial crimes, money laundering and bulk cash smuggling;

Commercial fraud and intellectual property theft;

Cybercrimes;

Human rights violations;

Human smuggling and trafficking;

Immigration, document and benefit fraud;

Narcotics and weapons smuggling/trafficking;

Transnational gang activity;

Export enforcement; and,

International art and antiquity theft.

 

 

Edited by Rachel333
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 15
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.