IGNORED

Mills Family 4: Playing Magic for Jesus

nelliebelle1197

It looks like he hasn't been posting on youtube for a while  - I wonder if he's been posting everything to his facebook?  Or maybe he's read a few things here and decided he was making bad choices!  

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, justlooking said:

It looks like he hasn't been posting on youtube for a while  - I wonder if he's been posting everything to his facebook?  Or maybe he's read a few things here and decided he was making bad choices!  

His last public post was 11/25 -  Does "hoping for hope" make any sense?
First holiday season without Andrea is going to be extremely hard for him. I get that prayer is his anchor but he needs more than prayer to deal with his continued grieving.  It is good that he's not spending so much time with his youtube people, that was a huge concern.

Someone braved Tom's cluster of devotees by commenting...
"Please remember to take time to ENJOY the kids--time goes by so fast and before you know it their childhoods will have come and gone. I wonder if the kids could become involved in extra-curriculars with the public school. They deserve to have fun and not be home-bound taking care of the younger ones. They did not have them--you and Andrea did.:) They will have their own families to take care of in due time and for the rest of their lives. It simply is not their responsibility. I care deeply for your family and mean nothing bad in saying that--only to say what I feel is the truth and to render healthy relationships. Childhood is a season for them to have joy and not so much burden with the younger ones. Yes, of course they can help out, but Asher is not a father yet-- He is likely responding in that way as that is how he pleases you most. You will be glad in due time that you took on your role in that way and won't have any guilt to look back on for the rest of your life. If not, will he someday, as an adult, resent you when he is not so desperate to please you? Please, just think about it some and pray to see if that is what God wants too...."
:

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 8

Very long Magic livestream last night that I will not be watching all of! It was just with the older kids but I guess Asher didn't play (but I didn't watch much). I think Asher might have put the little kids to bed though while Tom set up the game and video ?Tom seemed a little happier which was nice

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

12 hours ago, under siege said:

His last public post was 11/25 -  Does "hoping for hope" make any sense?
First holiday season without Andrea is going to be extremely hard for him. I get that prayer is his anchor but he needs more than prayer to deal with his continued grieving.  It is good that he's not spending so much time with his youtube people, that was a huge concern.

Someone braved Tom's cluster of devotees by commenting...
"Please remember to take time to ENJOY the kids--time goes by so fast and before you know it their childhoods will have come and gone. I wonder if the kids could become involved in extra-curriculars with the public school. They deserve to have fun and not be home-bound taking care of the younger ones. They did not have them--you and Andrea did.:) They will have their own families to take care of in due time and for the rest of their lives. It simply is not their responsibility. I care deeply for your family and mean nothing bad in saying that--only to say what I feel is the truth and to render healthy relationships. Childhood is a season for them to have joy and not so much burden with the younger ones. Yes, of course they can help out, but Asher is not a father yet-- He is likely responding in that way as that is how he pleases you most. You will be glad in due time that you took on your role in that way and won't have any guilt to look back on for the rest of your life. If not, will he someday, as an adult, resent you when he is not so desperate to please you? Please, just think about it some and pray to see if that is what God wants too...."
:

OH WOW!  I wonder if anyone responded to that post?????  I wish Tom would have......

• Upvote 4

Long time lurker and first time poster. I’m watching the live from last night and Tom is back to making “googley eyes” with whoever keeps texting him on his phone during the live. Im only about a third of the way through the video. He seems happier but it’s probably because of who he is responding to on his phone. And he’s being so much obvious about looking at the camera and smiling this weird smile. Like he has a secret.  The younger kids played a different version of Magic at the start of the video that Solomon won. Then Asher went to put Hannah down for the night and the younger kids went to bed on their own. Thomas, Eden, Judah and Justus stayed up to play with Tom. Tom also mentioned they are doing Elf on the shelf. It’s a pretty boring video, which Tom said it would be. Someone mentioned wether or not they needed anything, and as usual he responded that they don’t need anything but he wouldn’t refuse anything that was sent to them. What he should have said was no, we don’t need anything, but feel free to send to someone who might really have a need. Im sure I will think of more as the video goes on. 

Edited by Mom2Bubby
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 11
  • Love 2

Ok. I finally got through the whole video. Asher didn’t play Magic as Tom said Asher doesn’t like it. The little kids actually went to bed quite easily on their own. They must have been tired as not another sound was heard from them, with the exception of once when Solomon came out( I think he needed to use the bathroom). At the beginning of the video Tom got out their Christmas blankets (that are kept in the attic) and each kid picked the one they wanted for this Christmas. It’s something they do every Christmas. He also said the ornaments on the tree this year are plastic bulbs that have all the flowers in them that Andrea kept and dried (that the family gave her.) He then went on to say how sad it makes him and how earlier he was having a rough day, but never mentioned how the kids might be feeling sad. A young Man named Little Gary, that Andrea used To take care of as a child was commenting on the feed. Tom talked about him and to him for awhile. He talked about Andreas funeral a bit. The young man was at Andreas funeral. Andrea took care of the young man(who actually lived with her family for awhile) Before Tom came into the picture.)Tom said He had heard lots of stories about him but hadn’t met him until the funeral.  Tom mentioned a few times how he is open to change in their lives right now. He said things change and move on, and he thinks the days of them all wearing the same colors is almost over. He said he expects to make a lot of changes from how they have been living. Tom said it’s almost time for Christmas break from Schooling.  After about an hour and a half, Asher Came out and sat on the couch but for the most part was off screen. He did get up to cook some chicken. Throughout the whole video Tom Was doing kind of a q&a. Judah was his silly self, and Eden and Justus were being silly with each other. Thomas was, well, Thomas. Almost every single time Tom would get a text, he would answer it and then smile this weird smile into the camera. Almost every-single-time. I think he was trying to be flirty. Or-something. Ugh. At the end of the video someone asked if Rachel Day lived in Wyoming and Tom Said no, she didn’t, but he didn’t know where she lived. Tom won the game-of course. The video was 2 hours and 18 minutes. Good thing I’m laid up recovering from a broken bone or I probably wouldn’t have made It to the end. Whew. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 16

3 hours ago, Mom2Bubby said:

Long time lurker and first time poster. I’m watching the live from last night and Tom is back to making “googley eyes” with whoever keeps texting him on his phone during the live. Im only about a third of the way through the video. He seems happier but it’s probably because of who he is responding to on his phone. And he’s being so much obvious about looking at the camera and smiling this weird smile. Like he has a secret.  The younger kids played a different version of Magic at the start of the video that Solomon won. Then Asher went to put Hannah down for the night and the younger kids went to bed on their own. Thomas, Eden, Judah and Justus stayed up to play with Tom. Tom also mentioned they are doing Elf on the shelf. It’s a pretty boring video, which Tom said it would be. Someone mentioned wether or not they needed anything, and as usual he responded that they don’t need anything but he wouldn’t refuse anything that was sent to them. What he should have said was no, we don’t need anything, but feel free to send to someone who might really have a need. Im sure I will think of more as the video goes on. 

He absolutely has a girlfriend, and has for a while.  He’s not even smart enough, or decent enough, to at least not play googly eyes with his new squeeze on his Lives.  Moron!   He also doesn’t care that people know about her because in his mind he deserves a girlfriend - way less than three months since the mother of his nine children passed away!  I could only watch about five minutes of his snooze fest Live.   He did say....I’m happy.   I wish someone would slam him into next year for the fool that he is.    

Even though Rachel would jump in bed with Tom if she had the chance, I don’t think she is the “One.”    Tom is lying when he says that he doesn’t know where Rachel lives.  He knows exactly where she lives, and everything about her   She has been in his pocket since the days before Andrea passed away.

The Go Fund Me is still up!   What is wrong with GFM that they allow that beggar to leave his account open indefinitely?!   He has no intention of taking it down   He’s a sham.   

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, justlooking said:

OH WOW!  I wonder if anyone responded to that post?????  I wish Tom would have......

These are the responses. Nothing from Tom. When I first posted there were only three but since I last looked Rachel commented (because she just can't help herself at this point)...

response #1  I strongly disagree. It is not for us to decide how Tom raises his family. They are a family and the children are quiet capable of helping out.

posters response of course they are

Mileena Mills I can’t tell if you’re being rude or not. But one thing people don’t get about my family is the bond. It’s so strong the kids enjoy being at home, taking care of each other, etc. I mean my great grandma raised her brothers. It’s not weird or new. And it creates a special bond that will always be treasured. And they love it. Family is everything and these kids get that.

Rachel Day Mileena Mills Exactly. Asher was Hannah's favorite person even before Andrea was sick. If anyone is a fan and has been watching for a while then they know how close the family is and how everyone enjoys helping and being there for each other.

This was the comment mentioned previously in response to Tom's facebook "Does "hoping for hope" make any sense?" post. I'm reposting the comment to give people here context ro the comments above without having to go back to my previous post)
Please remember to take time to ENJOY the kids--time goes by so fast and before you know it their childhoods will have come and gone. I wonder if the kids could become involved in extra-curriculars with the public school. They deserve to have fun and not be home-bound taking care of the younger ones. They did not have them--you and Andrea did.:) They will have their own families to take care of in due time and for the rest of their lives. It simply is not their responsibility. I care deeply for your family and mean nothing bad in saying that--only to say what I feel is the truth and to render healthy relationships. Childhood is a season for them to have joy and not so much burden with the younger ones. Yes, of course they can help out, but Asher is not a father yet-- He is likely responding in that way as that is how he pleases you most. You will be glad in due time that you took on your role in that way and won't have any guilt to look back on for the rest of your life. If not, will he someday, as an adult, resent you when he is not so desperate to please you? Please, just think about it some and pray to see if that is what God wants too....

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 9

14 hours ago, Mom2Bubby said:

Ok. I finally got through the whole video. Asher didn’t play Magic as Tom said Asher doesn’t like it. The little kids actually went to bed quite easily on their own. They must have been tired as not another sound was heard from them, with the exception of once when Solomon came out( I think he needed to use the bathroom). At the beginning of the video Tom got out their Christmas blankets (that are kept in the attic) and each kid picked the one they wanted for this Christmas. It’s something they do every Christmas. He also said the ornaments on the tree this year are plastic bulbs that have all the flowers in them that Andrea kept and dried (that the family gave her.) He then went on to say how sad it makes him and how earlier he was having a rough day, but never mentioned how the kids might be feeling sad. A young Man named Little Gary, that Andrea used To take care of as a child was commenting on the feed. Tom talked about him and to him for awhile. He talked about Andreas funeral a bit. The young man was at Andreas funeral. Andrea took care of the young man(who actually lived with her family for awhile) Before Tom came into the picture.)Tom said He had heard lots of stories about him but hadn’t met him until the funeral.  Tom mentioned a few times how he is open to change in their lives right now. He said things change and move on, and he thinks the days of them all wearing the same colors is almost over. He said he expects to make a lot of changes from how they have been living. Tom said it’s almost time for Christmas break from Schooling.  After about an hour and a half, Asher Came out and sat on the couch but for the most part was off screen. He did get up to cook some chicken. Throughout the whole video Tom Was doing kind of a q&a. Judah was his silly self, and Eden and Justus were being silly with each other. Thomas was, well, Thomas. Almost every single time Tom would get a text, he would answer it and then smile this weird smile into the camera. Almost every-single-time. I think he was trying to be flirty. Or-something. Ugh. At the end of the video someone asked if Rachel Day lived in Wyoming and Tom Said no, she didn’t, but he didn’t know where she lived. Tom won the game-of course. The video was 2 hours and 18 minutes. Good thing I’m laid up recovering from a broken bone or I probably wouldn’t have made It to the end. Whew. 

Thank you so much for the recap!  I was dying to know what he was saying about everything but didn't know if I could sit through the whole 2 hours!  HAHA  Appreciate it!

• Upvote 4

And they are still going crazy with candy, sugar…. tons of it... Thomas 's belly is bigger than ever (that kid won't get a girlfriend being that fat) and  also Tom.

The look that Tom makes for the camera is flirty, it's been a long time that I notice him doing that… as it's creepy af. 

Cute Eden is putting up weight also and getting a belly like her brother and father. I was glad to see Asher cooking something a little bit healthier and eating it... nobody can survive with ramen only.

Anyway, the woman texting kept on sending messages during the game, what shows her kind of respect for the family activity. I wonder if it is the one who complained about her picture, the one who said that Tom was "hot" in a live... that lady doesn't have good eyes for sure, needs to get some glasses for it... Let's place our bets about who might be the new girlfriend... lolol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9
  • WTF 2

9 minutes ago, Tekas_76 said:

And they are still going crazy with candy, sugar…. tons of it... Thomas 's belly is bigger than ever (that kid won't get a girlfriend being that fat) and  also Tom.

The look that Tom makes for the camera is flirty, it's been a long time that I notice him doing that… as it's creepy af. 

Cute Eden is putting up weight also and getting a belly like her brother and father. I was glad to see Asher cooking something a little bit healthier and eating it... nobody can survive with ramen only.

Anyway, the woman texting kept on sending messages during the game, what shows her kind of respect for the family activity. I wonder if it is the one who complained about her picture, the one who said that Tom was "hot" in a live... that lady doesn't have good eyes for sure, needs to get some glasses for it... Let's place our bets about who might be the new girlfriend... lolol

Ok, When I get home from work today I'm going to have to watch it -at least till I can check out the googly eyes - HAHA!.....I DID hear him say on the first 30 minutes or so I watched that he was happy....

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, under siege said:

These are the responses. Nothing from Tom. When I first posted there were only three but since I last looked Rachel commented (because she just can't help herself at this point)...

response #1  I strongly disagree. It is not for us to decide how Tom raises his family. They are a family and the children are quiet capable of helping out.

posters response of course they are

Mileena Mills I can’t tell if you’re being rude or not. But one thing people don’t get about my family is the bond. It’s so strong the kids enjoy being at home, taking care of each other, etc. I mean my great grandma raised her brothers. It’s not weird or new. And it creates a special bond that will always be treasured. And they love it. Family is everything and these kids get that.

Rachel Day Mileena Mills Exactly. Asher was Hannah's favorite person even before Andrea was sick. If anyone is a fan and has been watching for a while then they know how close the family is and how everyone enjoys helping and being there for each other.

This was the comment mentioned previously in response to Tom's facebook "Does "hoping for hope" make any sense?" post. I'm reposting the comment to give people here context ro the comments above without having to go back to my previous post)
Please remember to take time to ENJOY the kids--time goes by so fast and before you know it their childhoods will have come and gone. I wonder if the kids could become involved in extra-curriculars with the public school. They deserve to have fun and not be home-bound taking care of the younger ones. They did not have them--you and Andrea did.:) They will have their own families to take care of in due time and for the rest of their lives. It simply is not their responsibility. I care deeply for your family and mean nothing bad in saying that--only to say what I feel is the truth and to render healthy relationships. Childhood is a season for them to have joy and not so much burden with the younger ones. Yes, of course they can help out, but Asher is not a father yet-- He is likely responding in that way as that is how he pleases you most. You will be glad in due time that you took on your role in that way and won't have any guilt to look back on for the rest of your life. If not, will he someday, as an adult, resent you when he is not so desperate to please you? Please, just think about it some and pray to see if that is what God wants too....

Thanks for sharing this. I don’t find the original poster rude at all-I think they tried to be very careful in how they expressed their worry about their kids. It angers me that the responses were so defensive. I mean, come on-it’s one thing to be a tight knit family spending time together at home, and a completely different thing to be in charge of children day in and day out as the main caregiver(s). I know YOuTube is edited and we don’t see it all but this family has itself admitted the kids pretty much run the household. That is not age appropriate, especially in an industrialized country in the 21st century.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, Pleiades_06 said:

Thanks for sharing this. I don’t find the original poster rude at all-I think they tried to be very careful in how they expressed their worry about their kids. It angers me that the responses were so defensive. I mean, come on-it’s one thing to be a tight knit family spending time together at home, and a completely different thing to be in charge of children day in and day out as the main caregiver(s). I know YOuTube is edited and we don’t see it all but this family has itself admitted the kids pretty much run the household. That is not age appropriate, especially in an industrialized country in the 21st century.

Agree about the poster not being rude. She expressed it very well. Was refreshing to see that comment, especially considering it was someone on Tom's friend list, not just a random 'youtube people'. 
Sadly, it happens more than most are aware of (kids running households and being the parent)
In the case of the Mills' even before Andrea's passing the older kids (well Asher mostly) did above and beyond what a 14y/o should be expected to do.
I get that children can and should pitch in to help with chores. However, there is a huge difference between chores and running a household. Tom is very fortunate to have capable teenagers. Those teenagers are not so fortunate to have a father who has no idea how to be a parent.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Watched the live study group last night-hope I can post what I saw and heard without breaking any rules of the board. Heres my take on it-

Tom started off by saying his voice was still weird but he felt better. Hannah and all the kids were already in bed. 

He stated at one time they had a “Christmas cross” instead of a Christmas tree, but he had come full circle and had a tree again. People commented on how pretty the tree was. He said Andrea designed the tree. 

Claudia came out to see Tom and he gave her a hug and told her to go back to bed. Then she came out again and he again told her to go to bed. While the Bible Story was playing Claudia came out yet again. The she went back in her room. At one point he whispered to one of the older boys to put Claudia to bed. People on chat were saying how Claudia wasn’t bothering them by being up. 

For someone who doesn’t want to go to a church because he doesn’t want to listen to people “preach”, he is doing the same thing on these live bible Studies. He’s doing all the preaching and people are listening to him. It seems to me as anytime someone questions what he says, he gets defensive and basically says his way of believing is right but if you disagree, you can, but he still thinks he’s right. He feels you can disagree about the little things but the big things are the way they are and there’s no questioning they are the way he says they are. 

Rachel Day was on the live chat answering questions as usual and commenting to people who were trying to talk to Tom. 

Someone commented they thought it would be a good idea for Tom and the kids to donate in Andreas name to the library that  Andrea always took the kids to. He didn’t comment back. 

There was a “troll” who said something but it was deleted fast enough I couldn’t see what was said. Everyone started commenting on whatever was said and that there was a troll. Thomas took care of it before Tom even realized there was one. Whatever the person said, everyone was calling him a sicko. Really Got their panties in a notch over his comment. Wish I had been able to catch what he said before Thomas blocked it. 

Tom said at one point that he thought that the most righteous people got to live a long time but then his wife died and she was the most righteous person he knew so it shot that theory in the head. (Smh

Then another “troll” popped Up and was blocked. Yet again I didn’t get to see what the person said before he was blocked. Whatever he said Tom got a little defensive. He said that he didn’t mind atheists being part Of the Bible Study but if someone was just there to argue and throw out “bullet points” and not be a part of the conversation then they could start their own channel. A couple Of people in the chat kind of called Tom out on it saying he was too quick to dismiss this person just because they had a differing view from his and also that maybe he should have just turned the other cheek as God would have done. Someone said they were tired of atheists asking the same old questions. Two other people said atheists are just lazy because they don’t need to try to be better and they are as bad as Scientologists. 

Someone commented to Tom he was looking quite thin and they hoped he was well. One of his viewers commented back to the person there was nothing wrong with being thin. Tom Commented he didn’t mind being a little thin, it was great. 

Someone asked Tom if he had any formal training in the Bible and he said no, and then went on his spiel again of saying how he didn’t like the way preachers preach and he didn’t think formal training was necessary. He said he could go toe to toe with any of them and do just as well or better without training.

Someone commented they had received a private message from the person Tom blocked about them watching the Bible study and that they were going to hell for following the Mills family. 

Someone did a super chat and gave Tom $20 For sharing his knowledge of the Bible with them. 

Someone commented they thought that reading the Bible was the only way to learn and listening to a preacher you were only hearing their interpretation. (How is this bible study any different from that?) Tom said you shouldn’t be afraid to make people look dumb if they’re being dumb, but if they’re just being ignorant then you should never be mean to people who are just ignorant. (Huh?) 

One of the commenters got upset they were hearing bad things about church and they weren’t going to listen anymore. He commented he didn’t think going to church was bad but he didn’t think part of tithing should be paying for the pastors salaries and building funds and such. He said there was a church in Wyoming that paid $35k for their front doors. People were starting to get up in arms with how others were responding. He said he wouldn’t talk bad about churches( but didn’t he just do that?) -he thinks we should be generous with our fellow man-and prioritize that above the church. (That I agree with-oh dear, did I just agree with Tom Mills on something?) Quite a few commenters are saying the good things their churches do like food and toy drives and such. Tom kept trying to backtrack from saying bad things about churches but in the next breath would say something bad about churches. (I get what he means when he says there are good churches and bad, but he just doesn’t know when to be quiet.)

Oops-another “troll” asking where the alcohol is and the Bible study is lame for not having any-LOL. (Guess that one slipped by Thomas.)

Tom said he wasn’t going to ban the person for saying that as there was alcohol in Jesus’ day and the person was welcome there. (Guess he didn’t see the first comment they made-lol). 

Someone asked about divorce and said in a previous steam that Tom had talked about divorce. They were confused about it and asked if Tom could elaborate? Did he mean a man could divorce and remarry but a woman couldn’t? He ignored that question. 

One of the boys came into the kitchen and he told them that they weren’t on camera as it was pointing towards him. He then said they should probably wrap up the Bible Study. He said his style is to just prove people wrong. (Because He just knows he’s right of course-insert 97th eye roll) Now he’s leading a prayer. -And the end. An hour and 9 minutes. (This was just my interpretation of what I saw and I don’t mean to offend anyone if they had a different take on what was said in the live)

• Thank You 18
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Mom2Bubby said:

Watched the live study group last night-hope I can post what I saw and heard without breaking any rules of the board. Heres my take on it-

Tom started off by saying his voice was still weird but he felt better. Hannah and all the kids were already in bed. 

He stated at one time they had a “Christmas cross” instead of a Christmas tree, but he had come full circle and had a tree again. People commented on how pretty the tree was. He said Andrea designed the tree. 

Claudia came out to see Tom and he gave her a hug and told her to go back to bed. Then she came out again and he again told her to go to bed. While the Bible Story was playing Claudia came out yet again. The she went back in her room. At one point he whispered to one of the older boys to put Claudia to bed. People on chat were saying how Claudia wasn’t bothering them by being up. 

For someone who doesn’t want to go to a church because he doesn’t want to listen to people “preach”, he is doing the same thing on these live bible Studies. He’s doing all the preaching and people are listening to him. It seems to me as anytime someone questions what he says, he gets defensive and basically says his way of believing is right but if you disagree, you can, but he still thinks he’s right. He feels you can disagree about the little things but the big things are the way they are and there’s no questioning they are the way he says they are. 

Rachel Day was on the live chat answering questions as usual and commenting to people who were trying to talk to Tom. 

Someone commented they thought it would be a good idea for Tom and the kids to donate in Andreas name to the library that  Andrea always took the kids to. He didn’t comment back. 

There was a “troll” who said something but it was deleted fast enough I couldn’t see what was said. Everyone started commenting on whatever was said and that there was a troll. Thomas took care of it before Tom even realized there was one. Whatever the person said, everyone was calling him a sicko. Really Got their panties in a notch over his comment. Wish I had been able to catch what he said before Thomas blocked it. 

Tom said at one point that he thought that the most righteous people got to live a long time but then his wife died and she was the most righteous person he knew so it shot that theory in the head. (Smh

Then another “troll” popped Up and was blocked. Yet again I didn’t get to see what the person said before he was blocked. Whatever he said Tom got a little defensive. He said that he didn’t mind atheists being part Of the Bible Study but if someone was just there to argue and throw out “bullet points” and not be a part of the conversation then they could start their own channel. A couple Of people in the chat kind of called Tom out on it saying he was too quick to dismiss this person just because they had a differing view from his and also that maybe he should have just turned the other cheek as God would have done. Someone said they were tired of atheists asking the same old questions. Two other people said atheists are just lazy because they don’t need to try to be better and they are as bad as Scientologists. 

Someone commented to Tom he was looking quite thin and they hoped he was well. One of his viewers commented back to the person there was nothing wrong with being thin. Tom Commented he didn’t mind being a little thin, it was great. 

Someone asked Tom if he had any formal training in the Bible and he said no, and then went on his spiel again of saying how he didn’t like the way preachers preach and he didn’t think formal training was necessary. He said he could go toe to toe with any of them and do just as well or better without training.

Someone commented they had received a private message from the person Tom blocked about them watching the Bible study and that they were going to hell for following the Mills family. 

Someone did a super chat and gave Tom $20 For sharing his knowledge of the Bible with them. 

Someone commented they thought that reading the Bible was the only way to learn and listening to a preacher you were only hearing their interpretation. (How is this bible study any different from that?) Tom said you shouldn’t be afraid to make people look dumb if they’re being dumb, but if they’re just being ignorant then you should never be mean to people who are just ignorant. (Huh?) 

One of the commenters got upset they were hearing bad things about church and they weren’t going to listen anymore. He commented he didn’t think going to church was bad but he didn’t think part of tithing should be paying for the pastors salaries and building funds and such. He said there was a church in Wyoming that paid $35k for their front doors. People were starting to get up in arms with how others were responding. He said he wouldn’t talk bad about churches( but didn’t he just do that?) -he thinks we should be generous with our fellow man-and prioritize that above the church. (That I agree with-oh dear, did I just agree with Tom Mills on something?) Quite a few commenters are saying the good things their churches do like food and toy drives and such. Tom kept trying to backtrack from saying bad things about churches but in the next breath would say something bad about churches. (I get what he means when he says there are good churches and bad, but he just doesn’t know when to be quiet.)

Oops-another “troll” asking where the alcohol is and the Bible study is lame for not having any-LOL. (Guess that one slipped by Thomas.)

Tom said he wasn’t going to ban the person for saying that as there was alcohol in Jesus’ day and the person was welcome there. (Guess he didn’t see the first comment they made-lol). 

Someone asked about divorce and said in a previous steam that Tom had talked about divorce. They were confused about it and asked if Tom could elaborate? Did he mean a man could divorce and remarry but a woman couldn’t? He ignored that question. 

One of the boys came into the kitchen and he told them that they weren’t on camera as it was pointing towards him. He then said they should probably wrap up the Bible Study. He said his style is to just prove people wrong. (Because He just knows he’s right of course-insert 97th eye roll) Now he’s leading a prayer. -And the end. An hour and 9 minutes. (This was just my interpretation of what I saw and I don’t mean to offend anyone if they had a different take on what was said in the live)

Thank you so much for this awesome recap!  I can watch all his videos all the way through, but I cannot watch him sit on his throne and PREACH which you're right - is exactly why he says he doesn't go to a church!!!!!!  Good God.  I did finish watching the Magic game video last night and he was ABSOLUTELY texting and flirting with the camera the whole time.  Keeping his phone away from the table - I thought that was interesting.  Probably so Thomas couldn't see what he was texting.  Those kids are not stupid, they know he's probably texting with a woman.........UGH.....

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Mom2Bubby said:

Spanky Sproul, perhaps?  :wink-kitty:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Let's not go here.  This is a fairly young man who was raised in a super repressed environment, who just lost his mom and whose dad is exploiting him and his siblings for money, there is no sense in making comments about how no girl will wan't him because he gained weight.

Plus it plays into the notion that people who gain weight are "less than" and no one will love them, which is not true at all. 

I agree. The last guy I dated was heavy but honestly that didn't bother me one bit. I was (still am unfortunately lol) very attracted to him. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Mr. CL has always been heavy, and back in his single days, he had little trouble getting dates. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

The last person I dated was a heavy person. That part didn’t bother me. The fact that he was mama’s boy & grandma-boy & he expected me to spent time with his grandmother instead of going out together was the problem.  

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

@Jana814, yep, that’s the key!  If he were a nicer guy and treated you better, he may have been a catch.  And just like the recent discussion of Timbits and his marriage prospects over in Rodland, Tim is thin and reasonably good looking, but he too is a mama’s boy and his social media posts tend to portray him as a narrow-minded jerk.  So his looks won’t get him dates (or courting partners) because his personality is so unpleasant.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Mom2Bubby said:

Thanks so much for the great recap.   I didn’t attempt to watch any of it.  I cannot tolerate him.   He’s a narcissist, and he’s condescending.  

• Upvote 7

The 'I don't like being preached to' preachy folk like Tom are one big reason people are put off by religion.
He dislikes the very essence of himself (being preachy) but the ego is too great to realize it. Clergy = bad. Tom = god's gift to all.

Someone pointed out above about Bible Study being similar to church / being preached to. The way Tom does it, yes. On the other hand there are some wonderful styles of Bible Study where people share the lead, share their stories/testimony, and encourage discussion without prejudice.
Tom' style is to preach his take on the bible and condemns those either who's opinions don't match his or don't bow down to his views.

I appreciate those here who can tolerate watching Tom's videos to recap for us. Thank you!!

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

I watched some of the magic game night. Eww. I couldn't stomach very much of it. Tom was texting back & forth the whole time & making those gross flirty bedroom eyes aimed right at the camera. Right in front of his kids. That was so cringe worthy. Yuck yuck yuck. 

Oooh! I just hit a milestone! 1000 posts! Woo hoo! 

Edited by mollysmom
Celebration!!
  • Upvote 16

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic