IGNORED

South Dakota is on Meth

47of74

Ooops

South Dakota on Monday launched an antidrug campaign with the slogan "Meth. We're On It." and it quickly took the internet by storm.

The campaign, which includes billboards, TV commercials, and social media, aims to raise awareness about what's become an epidemic in the state. A campaign website also connects people with treatment options.

"South Dakota has a problem," said a message on the campaign's website, onmeth.com. "There isn’t a single solution because meth is widespread. But we can approach it from different angles, so it doesn’t take over counties, towns, neighborhoods. Let’s work together. Meth. We’re on it."

But all the attention was part of the point, Gov. Kristi Noem said in a statement to BuzzFeed News.

God and I thought only Kim Reynolds would be stupid enough to green-light something like this.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Haha 6

I initially thought it was a dumb slogan, but I'm not so sure now. It's definitely a way of getting people talking about meth problems. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

• Upvote 3

I live in South Dakota and was puzzled when I first saw this. On further reflection, I can see what they are trying to convey. On the other hand, I'm sure some people won't look further and South Dakota will be the subject of a lot of jokes. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Ummm. WOW.   

I lived in SD for five years and all I can say is... they mean well.   They were totally trying to be hip and missed the bus.  

And now I don't live there anymore.      :P

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Ummm. WOW.   

I lived in SD for five years and all I can say is... they mean well.   They were totally trying to be hip and missed the bus.  

And now I don't live there anymore.      :P

Well the being on meth would certainly explain #CovidKristi getting elected. 

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2