IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M'Kids 21: This Thread Can Drink Now

choralcrusader8613

Dropping by for the audiobook discussion. If your local library doesn't have digital lending, check the systems for the large cities in your area.  In CA, any state resident can get a free Los Angeles county card and download their materials. They have a lot more audiobooks than my local library system.

Also, my local library has some materials listed as available as MP3 files, which you can download to a thumbdrive.

(Whispers: In re: Steven Fry read HP books. I have a friend that bought a bootleg thumbdrive with all the audiobooks on it. Works well. *ahem*)

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

On 12/1/2019 at 2:44 PM, mollysmom said:

When I was a firefighter/emt there was an elderly gentleman who had been with the fire company for 50+ years. His name was Adolf & he was honestly the sweetest person I have ever met in my life. There's really no point to what I'm saying, he's just the only person I've ever met with that name. 

My father became A Joseph after WW2.  He was born in 1920 and named after an uncle. He was also Jewish. The DMV had no trouble letting him use an initial instead of Adolph but a friend who hated her first name Linda hade to get it legally changed to just L to get it off her license.

• Upvote 3

On 11/28/2019 at 4:11 PM, Naga Viper said:

Maryella. Not a big fan, but I have a work associate named Mariel, so I don't hate it either. And I knew someone whose parents Ralph and Ella decided that naming her "Ralphella" was just peachy, so there's definitely worse out there. (Not Raphaela, mind you, which would've been a perfectly reasonable and sensible middle ground. RALPH-ella. Fail.)

That spelling, tho. Gives me an earworm every time I see it: "Maryella, ella, ella, eh, eh, eh."

OMG how weird. I work with a Ralphella (pronounced Ral-Fella) and I was just thinking about her when I saw Maryella.

• Rufus Bless 1

On 12/9/2019 at 9:57 AM, Sullie06 said:

OMG how weird. I work with a Ralphella (pronounced Ral-Fella) and I was just thinking about her when I saw Maryella.

...there can't be more than one of them, can there?

I have no idea where "my" Ralphie is or what she's doing. I think she had two kids, last I heard? I suppose there could be more by now.

• Upvote 1

I bootlegged the Stephen Fry version of the audio books after Jim Dale made me fall asleep one too many times. I feel bad, but I absolutely HATE the Jim Dale versions. They do nothing for me except make me wonder if I have narcolepsy. Doesn't matter what I'm doing - driving, running, working on a computer, putting together a puzzle, etc, I turn on Jim Dale and I get overwhelmingly sleepy. I actually am worried that I might doze off at work just thinking about his monotone. Stephen Fry was so much better! I hate that I can't buy them in the US.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 12/10/2019 at 2:46 PM, Naga Viper said:

...there can't be more than one of them, can there?

I have no idea where "my" Ralphie is or what she's doing. I think she had two kids, last I heard? I suppose there could be more by now.

The one I know is probably late 40s. She only has one child I believe though. 

12 minutes ago, wendy-sparkles said:

Thanks, W-S.

So do we think this is somehow related to the Homeland Security stuff? (I don't see how it could be, but it seems like a rather large coincidence that Josh is ordered to appear in court related to his business dealings so soon after the other matter...)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, scoutsadie said:

So do we think this is somehow related to the Homeland Security stuff? (I don't see how it could be, but it seems like a rather large coincidence that Josh is ordered to appear in court related to his business dealings so soon after the other matter...)

I don't see how it could be related as it doesn't appear to be something the feds would have any interest in.

Perhaps just further indication of general bad behavior?  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

No, this was a case of a brother selling another brother's land without his consent. Nothing that Homeland Security would be involved with.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

Um guys... I know we snark about the giant bows that fundies love to bestow upon their daughters, but I'm pretty sure that this one may be eligible for some prizes. ? 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20191217-010032.thumb.png.ecf7f88952da2a6a5bebaa3b389c23d9.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_20191217-010027.thumb.png.3e48e0bd4ab3202a1629c8575607f6b8.png

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 1

Looks like a child who put a christmas decoration on her head. Not too snarkworthy in my opinion. My daughter has put crazier stuff on her head when she was that age- like a pair of leggings, when she pretended to be a floppy eared bunny. I totally took a picture. Would not post it on social media, though.

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

11 hours ago, marmalade said:

No, this was a case of a brother selling another brother's land without his consent. Nothing that Homeland Security would be involved with.

Instead of a TV show about a fundamentalist family with a lot kids, JB should have offered up a show on how to be an opportunistic business shyster. I truly believe that shady business/tax practices will be what ultimately brings the Duggars down. 

Also, if you buy a property, you always make sure the deed is changed to YOUR name. 

Dumb and lazy, a bad combo.

• Upvote 5

28 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

The link isn't visible in Europe, would someone be kind enough to copy and paste the article?

Here you go.  It's very long and not very interesting.  Part 1 is the background. 

Summary.  Josh (or his company) bought some land, apparently sold to him illegally, and is refusing to cough up  answers.   Apparently on the grounds that his part in this case of the battling cousins is irrelevant.  In typical Duggar fashion he's sending his lawyer to court instead of going himself.  Next court date is in April. Unless Josh appears in court himself in April he'll be held in contempt and have sanctions against him.

ALB Investments held in contempt of court; Josh Duggar ordered to answer for the company

KNWA

by: Ninette Sosa

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 / 04:59 PM CST / Updated: Dec 16, 2019 / 11:35 PM CST

BENTONVILLE, Ark. (KNWA) — Josh Duggar, formerly with TLC’s “19 Kids and Counting,” was requested to appear in court on a “Motion to Show Cause” and “Contempt,” on Monday, December 16, involving a real estate lawsuit, according to Benton County court records.

The original date to appear was December 9, but it was moved to the 16th of December.

Duggar was not in court but was represented by his attorney Travis Story.

Judge John Scott entered an order for contempt and sanctions.

Monday’s court hearing, filed by the Petitioner, was for an order “compelling Respondent ALB Investments to appear and show cause for failing to comply with an order to answer discovery and for sanctions,” per the court document.

Duggar has until 4 p.m. CST, December 17, to answer the questions (about 30 of them) from the Petitioner’s attorney and if the deadline is missed, “the judge said a body attachment will be issued,” said Echols’ attorney Kesha Chiappinelli, with Mostyn Prettyman, PLLC Northwest Arkansas Lawyers. “That means it’s like an arrest warrant because you must appear in court.”

Judge Scott let Story know that going forward that any reference to ALB, any motions … we expect to see in the form of Josh Dugger. The judge also ordered sanctions to be paid to the Petitioner for $3,500.

The case, Carl Echols v. ALB Investments, LLC and Edward L. Lewis, involves property purchased by Echols in 2006. “He paid $17,500 for the land,” according to Chiappinelli.

Echols did not record a deed but has lived on the property since while paying property taxes, according to court documents.

Court records show that Echols paid his cousin, Edward Lewis, and was given a signed and dated bill of sale along with the description of the property.

In 2016, back taxes were owed and Echols paid, according to his attorney.

One of the times, Echols tried to pay back property tax he was told by the State Commissioner of Lands that ALB Investments — of which Duggar is a member — is the property owner. Echols redeemed the land at one point, but the redemption deed went to Lewis who was the last owner on record, according to land records.

In 2016, Lewis then sold the land for $1,000 to ALB, according to court documents. Duggar with ALB signed this deed to purchase.

Lewis is being sued for fraud and breach of contract.

Chiappinelli said, “he [Duggar] signed the deed for the property [in 2016] as an agent of ALB; therefore his relationship with Lewis is relevant.”

KNWA requested an on-camera interview about today’s hearing, but Story denied the request.

The relevant bit. 

The next court date is for the trial, April 27, 2020.

READ BELOW, IN PART, “BRIEF IN SUPPORT” CASE NO. 04 CV-19-761
Defendant has failed to respond to most of the second set of interrogatories and has not cited a legitimate reason. For example, Interrogatory 15 asks how Josh Duggar (a member of ALB Investments) knows separate defendant Edward Lewis. The answer is that “ALB Investments” has no knowledge of this.
Interrogatory 16 asks how long Josh Duggar has known Edward Lewis and the nature of the relationship. The answer given is the same.
Interrogatory 17 asks when Josh Duggar, the member of ALB Investments who signed the deed to the property in the name of ALB (see Warranty Deed in Exhibit F), found out the property was for sale. The answer is that, “ALB Investments has no knowledge of the information requested by this interrogatory.”
Contrast that with Interrogatory 20 which asks if Josh Duggar was involved with ALB’s acquisition of certain properties. The answer is “yes” he was involved with the property which is the subject of this lawsuit and another property.
Interrogatory 21 asks which members of ALB know Edward Lewis. The answer given is that Josh Duggar knows Mr. Lewis but only in his individual capacity and therefore ALB has no knowledge of the information this interrogatory seeks.
… defendant’s evasiveness in the discovery process is an abuse of the corporate form. Josh Duggar is the only member of ALB Investments. Josh Duggar bought the property at issue in the name of ALB Investments, not in his individual name. Josh Duggar had a relationship with Separate Defendant Edward Lewis who sold him the property which is the subject of this lawsuit; regardless of how he came to know him, once Josh Duggar bought the property in the name of ALB Investments, the details of his relationship with Edward Lewis became relevant to this lawsuit and thus discoverable.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

https://www.nwahomepage.com/news/knwa/alb-investments-held-in-contempt-of-court-josh-duggar-ordered-to-answer-for-the-company/

• Thank You 9

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:42 AM, finnlassie said:

• Sukka (SOCK. SOMEONE TRIED TO NAME THEIR KID A FUCKING SOCK.)

I was watching that wedding dress show - and the brides name was Duvet. "Well," said her mother, "Duvets are always very comforting and that's what she is - a comfort to our family." 

I say that's just MEAN...

11 hours ago, dharmapunk said:

Looks like a child who put a christmas decoration on her head. Not too snarkworthy in my opinion. My daughter has put crazier stuff on her head when she was that age- like a pair of leggings, when she pretended to be a floppy eared bunny. I totally took a picture. Would not post it on social media, though.

I used to do that alllll the time to my sons pants when he was a baby. Either they went on his head because it was adorable - or they went on mine to make him giggle. 

• Upvote 1

When Plaintiff’s counsel asked Mr. Story by phone if he himself was a member of ALB Investments he refused to answer and stated he would have to speak to his client about that first. If Mr. Story is an agent or officer of ALB Investments then Plaintiff will need to call Mr. Story as a witness which means that Mr. Story has a conflict of interest.”

This quote, above ? is from the Radar On Line  article that I quoted in my post on page Page 1  of another thread.  It states that Mr. Story, the Lawyer representing, Duggar, was asked if he himself was an agent or officer of ALB.

According to the “BRIEF IN SUPPORT” CASE NO. 04 CV-19-761" in the KNWA article

Interrogatory 21 asks which members of ALB know Edward Lewis. The answer given is that Josh Duggar knows Mr. Lewis but only in his individual capacity and therefore ALB has no knowledge of the information this interrogatory seeks.
… defendant’s evasiveness in the discovery process is an abuse of the corporate form. Josh Duggar is the only member of ALB Investments. Josh Duggar bought the property at issue in the name of ALB Investments, not in his individual name. Josh Duggar had a relationship with Separate Defendant Edward Lewis who sold him the property which is the subject of this lawsuit; regardless of how he came to know him, once Josh Duggar bought the property in the name of ALB Investments, the details of his relationship with Edward Lewis became relevant to this lawsuit and thus discoverable.

Can we assume that Mr. Story has given an answer to that question, meaning we now know that Josh is the only member of ALB Investments?  Or, do we wait to see if that question will be answered through the discovery process, that Duggar and his Lawyer have been avoiding?  I really want to know if Story is in on this!  He smells fishy to me!

Thanks @Palimpsest for the links.  I tried quoting you, but I was having difficulty with it working for me.

Edited by Flyinthesoup

20 hours ago, Flyinthesoup said:

This quote, above ? is from the Radar On Line  article that I quoted in my post on page Page 1  of another thread.  It states that Mr. Story, the Lawyer representing, Duggar, was asked if he himself was an agent or officer of ALB.

According to the “BRIEF IN SUPPORT” CASE NO. 04 CV-19-761" in the KNWA article

Can we assume that Mr. Story has given an answer to that question, meaning we now know that Josh is the only member of ALB Investments?  Or, do we wait to see if that question will be answered through the discovery process, that Duggar and his Lawyer have been avoiding?  I really want to know if Story is in on this!  He smells fishy to me!

Thanks @Palimpsest for the links.  I tried quoting you, but I was having difficulty with it working for me.

You are welcome.  :)

It looks as though Travis Story, Esq. said that he himself is not an agent of ALB, and that Josh was the sole person involved with ALB Investments.  And that Josh only had a "personal relationship" with Edward Lewis (who is accused of selling ALB land that he didn't own) so ALB and Josh have nothing to do with the case.  Except Josh bought the land for his ALB LLC so that is a load of legal poppycock. if you ask me.

Attorney Travis Story seems to be kept on permanent retainer by the Duggar clan.  He's come up time and time again on behalf of both Jim Bob and Josh in their fishy business dealings.  I don't know why JB doesn't just follow the law instead of waiting to get sued or having his business licences terminated.  He's been sued multiple times.  https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jim-bob-duggar-businesses-shut-down-159710/

Josh certainly seems to be following in Daddy's footsteps when it comes to business. 

And here is Story, Esq. representing Josh and ALB back in 2015 when Josh "sold" his own house to a company he owned.  Possibly to hide assets in advance of another lawsuit.  https://www.gospelherald.com/articles/60098/20151125/jim-bob-duggar-urges-josh-sell-family-home-protect-property.htm  

I think Story also represented Josh in his case against the town and county for releasing his sexual offence records.  The case that was dismissed.

8 hours ago, RainbowSky said:

What's an ALB anyway? No Js to be found in that name!

A Lecher Busted?

The Duggars have loads of companies and I suspect it is a way to hide assets.  I don't think anyone has found them all although many have tried.  I'm not sure whether this has already been posted here, my apologies if it is old news. 

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-duggar-familys-llcs.html/

• Thank You 3

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

You are welcome.  :)

It looks as though Travis Story, Esq. said that he himself is not an agent of ALB, and that Josh was the sole person involved with ALB Investments.  And that Josh only had a "personal relationship" with Edward Lewis (who is accused of selling ALB land that he didn't own) so ALB and Josh have nothing to do with the case.  Except Josh bought the land for his ALB LLC so that is a load of legal poppycock. if you ask me.

Attorney Travis Story seems to be kept on permanent retainer by the Duggar clan.  He's come up time and time again on behalf of both Jim Bob and Josh in their fishy business dealings.  I don't know why JB doesn't just follow the law instead of waiting to get sued or having his business licences terminated.  He's been sued multiple times.  https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jim-bob-duggar-businesses-shut-down-159710/

Josh certainly seems to be following in Daddy's footsteps when it comes to business. 

And here is Story, Esq. representing Josh and ALB back in 2015 when Josh "sold" his own house to a company he owned.  Possibly to hide assets in advance of another lawsuit.  https://www.gospelherald.com/articles/60098/20151125/jim-bob-duggar-urges-josh-sell-family-home-protect-property.htm  

I think Story also represented Josh in his case against the town and county for releasing his sexual offence records.  The case that was dismissed.

A Lecher Busted?

The Duggars have loads of companies and I suspect it is a way to hide assets.  I don't think anyone has found them all although many have tried.  I'm not sure whether this has already been posted here, my apologies if it is old news. 

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-duggar-familys-llcs.html/

Thank you, once again, I appreciate your work!

To the underlined & bolded, did I miss that int the article?  Or, is that an assumption, based on the fact only Josh is named as the property owner?  I know that LLCs in Arkansas, do not have to name the agents involved, thus making it hard to find out that information.

Mr. Story is very involved in Duggar affairs, which is why I think he's up to no good. :D When I started searching his name, while back, I came up with all kinds of dealings with the Duggars, as well as other people that are questionable.  

• Upvote 1

Are there more kids there than the Mkids and the Wallers?

In particular I can't identify the middle girl on the swing, nor the newborn that Mackynzie is holding. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic