IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M'Kids 21: This Thread Can Drink Now

choralcrusader8613

Last thread here:

For those not up to date, the newest thing going around Reddit and other areas of the internet is that a controversial reality family in Arkansas had an FBI raid, and some have decided that it was Josh. Regardless of what side you're on in regards to the Reddit rumor, this is a doozy for whoever it is.

Friendly reminder to keep the discussion free of speculation. Thank you and enjoy this new section of the Duggar roller coaster ride.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Arrgh, the thread locked while I was writing and I forgot to copy my post! I think they’ve learned a lesson from the revised statements during Joshgate I and II (will this be part III?), and are taking their time to address it. I also think that if it’s not true, a denial just brings more attention. The upcoming baby gives them a perfect opportunity to show Josh in a positive way and make it clear that he’s at home. 

• Upvote 9

So I checked Arkansas news. There was a search warrant issued for the parents of the child who fought a mystery illness.  Other interesting news includes two college chemistry professors manufacturing meth.  Breaking Bad anyone?

Nothing Duggar related and it doesn't surprise me no comments, in their eyes today is the Lord's day as it is Sunday. 

This may be a case of where there is smoke there is fire or it could be people boarding the speculation bus (looking at you Reddit). Time will tell. Now I must go read about these college professors because it is far more interesting than Duggar rumors.

Edited by WiseGirl
Spelling is hard
  • Upvote 18
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

It appears Lots of People really really really want the Duggars or really Josh Duggar to have a huge horrible scandal again. Preferably a sexual one which is beyond disturbing.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

If there is anything going on, I feel like the added publicity if Jed running for political office could bring it out in the open. I think there could definitely be financial crimes with a lot of the family (especially Jim Bob), but that's just a guess. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

It appears Lots of People really really really want the Duggars or really Josh Duggar to have a huge horrible scandal again. Preferably a sexual one which is beyond disturbing.

I think people want legal justice for what he put his sisters, a family friend and his wife through. Christian based therapy, that Josh has only had, is dangerous and doesn’t address the mental side of addictions. It’s ok to believe in God, but it’s also ok to believe in mainstream mental health experts who use logic and reasoning to deal with addicts.

• Upvote 31
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Anna “liked” the picture that Amy today. Doubtful she’d be liking Instagram posts if her house had just been raided by the FBI.

Personally, I think this was some “embellished gossip” that went viral.

I am sure there is some shady business  dealings with the family that should be looked into...

• Upvote 18
  • Love 1

For Anna and the children’s sake I hope it’s not true. However, the man did not receive adequate treatment and in some cases even proper treatment doesn’t work.  If this is true maybe the Duggars will finally be done.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

The DuggarFam account just posted a pic of the younger kids with Amy's baby.  I wouldn't be shocked at any scandal sadly but this is a big one to believe, especially with a tie in to a gossip site that admits they make up stories. 

I would be turning my comments off too. I would think a large percentage of their supports know nothing about this rumor, if it's false there's nothing to say about it, just let it blow over. Now if everyone in the family was on lockdown mode today (or goes into it in the future) then I'd say they are getting ready for backlash. 

I do not want anything kid related to be true at all. However I will enjoy some good schadenfreude if any of them gets taken down for the Medic Corps scam or something of that nature.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

I would be turning my comments off too. I would think a large percentage of their supports know nothing about this rumor, if it's false there's nothing to say about it, just let it blow over. Now if everyone in the family was on lockdown mode today (or goes into it in the future) then I'd say they are getting ready for backlash. 

Same here, so far its a few gossips taking what another site has said and speculating. Since know one knows about it then mentioning will bring it to the attention of others. Opera singer Katherine Jenkins once released a statement denying she was having an affair with David Beckham, someone had asked her if she was but it wasn't widespread gossip so her releasing the statement made it look as if she was trying to get attention in the press and using the Beckham's for attention. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I just  hope it's  something that  will  finally bring this family down.  These  assholes don't deserve a platform. I hoped it'd happen  last  time but  nope.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

In order for there to be a criminal there has to be a victim. The fact people want someone to have potentially be sexually assaulted is disgusting.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, bella8050 said:

I do not want anything kid related to be true at all. However I will enjoy some good schadenfreude if any of them gets taken down for the Medic Corps scam or something of that nature.

Oh damn, I think it’s all rumours and nothingness, but now that you’ve mentioned this I would LOVE one of the Duggars to be shown to have broken laws with their Medic Corps crap.

Whatever the next scandal is, I kind of don’t want it to be Josh. Both for the sake of the poor M kids and because he’s already off the show, written off as a bad apple etc. If it’s someone different, it’d go further towards showing the whole family is rotten. And it should go without saying that I hope whatever (if anything) comes out, it doesn’t involve a child being harmed.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

Spoiler

People on Reddit are saying that Anna removed all her ig pics of non-bio children that reside with J&A.

Spoilered to mention something being talked about on Reddit. I cannot confirm if it's true bc I don't have ig. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Kelsey said:
  Hide contents

People on Reddit are saying that Anna removed all her ig pics of non-bio children that reside with J&A.

Spoilered to mention something being talked about on Reddit. I cannot confirm if it's true bc I don't have ig. 

What? Do they have non-bio children residing with them?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

10 minutes ago, Kelsey said:
  Hide contents

People on Reddit have been burning up her Instagram page for a week or more about the Noooooreee Rod|Nathan Keller engagement and for 24 hours with this rumor. She is probably making it worse by trying to protect herself from THEM.

• I Agree 2

14 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

There is a rumor that they had a13 year old cousin living with them.

Yes, she's 12 or 13 and has been living with the Smuggars for a while...maybe around a year?...as a "helper." This is according to various Reddit threads dating back months. The relative has appeared in several of Anna's Instagram posts. I guess she was living with them to help Anna raise her own freaking children, because (surprise surprise) almost six kids in ten years is kind of a handful. I'm not sure what fundie family would voluntarily send their kid to live with Joshley of all people, but there you have it. The fact that Anna deleted all photos of her is........concerning. :( 

(Hopefully this doesn't violate any FJ rules. I'm purposefully not disclosing the minor's name or exact relation to the family. Please delete if I've crossed any lines!) 

• Upvote 15
  • WTF 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Honestly, if my husband had a history like Josh’s and I was just about to give birth to a new baby when a rumour started - I would turn comments off too. She may be in early labour and not wanting to deal with it when she comes back after baby is born. That doesn’t explain Jed though.

But there’s no way I’d be in her situation (I would have divorced him long ago - actually wouldn’t have married him in the first place) 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

Yes, she's 12 or 13 and has been living with the Smuggars for a while...maybe around a year?...as a "helper." This is according to various Reddit threads dating back months. The relative has appeared in several of Anna's Instagram posts. I guess she was living with them to help Anna raise her own freaking children, because (surprise surprise) almost six kids in ten years is kind of a handful. I'm not sure what fundie family would voluntarily send their kid to live with Joshley of all people, but there you have it. The fact that Anna deleted all photos of her is........concerning. [emoji20] 
(Hopefully this doesn't violate any FJ rules. I'm purposefully not disclosing the minor's name or exact relation to the family. Please delete if I've crossed any lines!) 

Why the fuck would they think it was remotely appropriate to have a pre teen girl living in their house with his history. What parent would offer up their daughter on a platter in that situation??

I know he was a child when it happened, yada yada yada, but still - seriously??? Why would HE put himself in that position as well??
  • Upvote 26
  • Disgust 2
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 2

I have a feeling With Jed running for office plenty of skeletons will come out of the closets.  Due to his history Josh is an easy target.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

That's Amy's comment, she isn't denying anything, her saying she doesn't comment on her family... Yeah sure.

I'm all for the FJ rule of not trying to interact with Fundies and just watch from afar though.

Here's hoping they got into some tax shit for profiting off the Bahamas hurricane with their shady as fuck organisation.

I do remember they stated tax exempt status pending and that they're quite sure they'll get it. They didn't and also left the Bahamas quite abruptly.

Screenshot_20191118_133240.png

Edited by squiddysquid
  • Upvote 10

33 minutes ago, kiwi said:

Why the fuck would they think it was remotely appropriate to have a pre teen girl living in their house with his history. What parent would offer up their daughter on a platter in that situation??

Or, frankly, in any situation. Who sends their young daughter away for a year to help a relative out with their children? I can think of very few circumstances in which that would make sense.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 11

A pre teen girl is...a kid. Why on earth would anyone send yet another kid to a woman who already has too many to care for? Especially when the husband has a shady past involving young girls? The whole thing is sketchy af.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic