Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Maintenance Coming Read more... ×
JermajestyDuggar

When your dad and brother don’t approve of your marriage

Recommended Posts

JermajestyDuggar

Sarah Washburn Lagoy got married in August and it was posted on FB. This was what her father Tom Washburn says under it publicly on Facebook. And her brother Tommy Washburn also puts in his two cents. I knew the Washburns were awful, but this is pretty low. Plus Sarah married the brother of her sister Abigail’s husband. No one seemed to have objections to Abigail marrying Silas Lagoy. But I see there are objections to Sarah marrying his brother. 

C4806243-EC34-4B5C-AA31-FDF6FC499E31.jpeg

DF4BFBB0-8DD6-4DC8-89AC-0E7EFFD19038.jpeg

Here is what Tom says: 

A235C4D3-9A45-4081-8A34-12474C28D5D5.jpeg

BTW, look how happy they are together. And Tom shits all over it because he thinks he owns his daughter like he owns a cow or a goat. 

05FF6B08-0142-4945-B338-D35E502F5C80.jpeg

  • Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 21
  • WTF 24
  • Thank You 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

By the way, there are a ton of back and forth comments from Tom and Tommy Washburn basically arguing with everyone on FB. They seem to be the only ones being total assholes and everyone else is saying, “just be happy for them.” Most of the arguing is on Tom’s page and Stephen’s page. At least they seem to have the support of the Lagoy family. Abigail is likely stuck right in the middle of it all. 

And now the extended Washburn family is putting Tom on blast. He sounds like an absolute monster. No wonder Sarah eloped. 

806886DB-78FD-4EAE-AC8D-FD9CFA489E06.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 7
  • Thank You 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
closetcagebaby

Well, fuck this guy and the high horse he rode in on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

And here is what James Manderino (the husband of Sarah’s holier than thou sister Hannah) has to say about it. The Mandarino’s are just as bad as Tom Washburn. Unfortunately they have a daughter already. I really hope they have all boys from now on. 

2ACC3866-10C1-4FBF-ABFB-EA5081DE0BEF.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Angry 8
  • Disgust 31
  • WTF 28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

Tom, Tommy, and the rest of the penis havers in the Washburn family have really shot themselves in the foot here. They basically make themselves look horrible to the majority of people. Therefore people surrounding the family will take Stephen and Sarah’s side in this and give them the support they need. Meaning Stephen and Sarah will likely be completely fine with Stephen’s family support and the support of friends. They will move on with their lives and will probably be quite happy. While the rest of the Washburns will pout and have little relationship with Sarah and any of her children. 

If you can’t tell, I’m totally rooting for Sarah and I hope she keeps making decisions for herself. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 28
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy
ViolaSebastian
17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And here is what James Manderino (the husband of Sarah’s holier than thou sister Hannah) has to say about it. The Mandarino’s are just as bad as Tom Washburn. Unfortunately they have a daughter already. I really hope they have all boys from now on. 

2ACC3866-10C1-4FBF-ABFB-EA5081DE0BEF.jpeg

He lost me completely at "like a slave." No, sir, I will not read any further. Poor Abigail--she's seeing this from both sides due to her marrying into the same family as her sister. What a disaster--he's going to manage to alienate both daughters by the end of all this. 

  • Upvote 26
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
5 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

He lost me completely at "like a slave." No, sir, I will not read any further. Poor Abigail--she's seeing this from both sides due to her marrying into the same family as her sister. What a disaster--he's going to manage to alienate both daughters by the end of all this. 

Plus Hannah agrees with everything James, her father, and brother say. So basically this couple is likely now cut off from most of her family. There are three Washburn children still at home. You can see that Stephen and Sarah are no longer friends with a lot of the Washburns on FB. Stephen said he blocked people who were being negative. So you can bet he blocked at least Tom and Tommy. And likely a few others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Botkinetti

I’m glad Stephan blocked the negative people. I imagine arguing with someone who believes he has the power to nullify vows would be like continuously banging your head against the wall.

  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

I want to add that these two got married in August. This isn’t some recent news. But Sarah and Stephen recently changed their status on FB to “married.” So Tom and Tommy have been waiting to throw their little hissy fit online for months. They are the epitome of the term “man child.”

  • Upvote 21
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy
ViolaSebastian

This just sounds like a temper tantrum because they eloped, to be honest. 

  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kelsey

WTF? He nullified their vows? Oh noes! I wonder why such a hissy if the brother was approved to marry a sister. I'm glad Sarah and Stephen did what they wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Botkinetti

I think he has been stamping his feet and yammering on because he wasn’t allowed to play the part of being an all-wise benevolent grand patriarchal authority. 

  • Upvote 23
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy
ViolaSebastian

I see this as more about the exercise of control rather than an objection to Stephen, necessarily. Daddy Washburn has struck me as something of a narcissist. For example, going with white full tuxedo with tails at Hannah's wedding, outshining the simple, black suit of the groom. He didn't get a chance to strut his stuff and be the star of the show and he's mad about it.

  • Upvote 20
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
13 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I see this as more about the exercise of control rather than an objection to Stephen, necessarily. Daddy Washburn has struck me as something of a narcissist. For example, going with white full tuxedo with tails at Hannah's wedding, outshining the simple, black suit of the groom. He didn't get a chance to strut his stuff and be the star of the show and he's mad about it.

I totally agree. He is a mega narcissist. And he really doesn’t give any reason as to why Stephen is so wrong for Sarah. Other than he didn’t jump through all the ridiculous hoops Tom demands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NonSOTDRT Teacher

You’ve lost me anytime you refer to another human being as “property.” Gross.

  • Upvote 20
  • I Agree 21
  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rachel333

Wow, it's been a while since I checked on what was going on with the Washburns, and that's some serious drama. He thinks he's nullified their vows? Seriously? And literally comparing daughters to slaves is pretty shocking even for a fundie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy
ViolaSebastian
Just now, Rachel333 said:

Wow, it's been a while since I checked on what was going on with the Washburns, and that's some serious drama. He thinks he's nullified their vows? Seriously? And literally comparing daughters to slaves is pretty shocking even for a fundie.

 

2 minutes ago, NonSOTDRT Teacher said:

You’ve lost me anytime you refer to another human being as “property.” Gross.

Right?! I mean, I'll admit I'm somewhat desensitized to this implicit suggestion of this after years on FJ and a volunteer job that deals, in part, with women in the 19th century. But Lord ham mercury, he just comes right out and says it explicitly, which makes my hair stand up on end. I mean, how can you type that and not have a visceral reaction to it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rachel333

I hope Sarah is doing well. Just about anything has to be better than living with her father.

I see the groom's father isn't a fan of the facebook drama.

CV7xTil.png?1

Edited by Rachel333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

Tom is just like Trump. He’s rarely challenged and has lived his life in smug rightness. He posted a hissy fit on social media (just like trump) and was genuinely surprised he received so much push back. He’s not used to that. And I bet his fragile little ego was hurt so bad. 

  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy
ViolaSebastian
1 minute ago, Rachel333 said:

NOTICE: I have started purging my friends list. If you like to use FB to deal with your family/friend issues than kindly unfriend me. People like getting thumbs up and getting people on their side but Social Media is not to discuss your family problems! It is discusting! Have enough drama in life without reading about it here. The whole world doesn't need to know and it doesn't solve any issues. Have a good day!

Wow, this response in light of Tom's is very telling. Methinks that the family itself is not the issue. Thank goodness for Daddy LaGoy (guys...I know this is serious, but I still can't with that last name), who appears to be a sane individual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
4 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Wow, this response in light of Tom's is very telling. Methinks that the family itself is not the issue. Thank goodness for Daddy LaGoy (guys...I know this is serious, but I still can't with that last name), who appears to be a sane individual.

I was under the impression that the Lagoys and Washburns has been friends for years. Tom has very obviously drawn a line in the sand and I imagine the relationship between these two families is likely over. 

I want to add, Abigail is aware of FJ and knows we talk about her family. I feel sorry for her. When this was playing out, she was probably thinking, FJ is going to talk about this public spat. How can we not?! Her father made it all very public with his hissy fit. And never deleted the post. 

Fun fact: the Lagoys have like 10-12 kids and they all have S names. So have fun keeping track of them all ;)

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy
ViolaSebastian
3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was under the impression that the Lagoys and Washburns has been friends for years. Tom has very obviously drawn a line in the sand and I imagine the relationship between these two families is likely over. 

I want to add, Abigail is aware of FJ and knows we talk about her family. I feel sorry for her. When this was playing out, she was probably thinking, FJ is going to talk about this public spat. How can we not?! Her father made it all very public with his hissy fit. And never deleted the post. 

I feel sorry for her, too. What a shame that they can't get along now, especially with not one but two couples marrying between the familes. This isn't quite as dramatic as the S'Morton fall out, but what an absolute shame for both the sons and daughters and any subsequent grandchildren that come along. Tom Washburn ought to be ashamed of himself.

Edited by ViolaSebastian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rachel333

It looks like Abigail kind of defended Sarah back in August. When Sarah announced the relationship someone commented

YNfe3G8.png?1

Tommy, her brother, thanked him for the comment, but Abigail wrote

vkWmDKr.png?1

A bunch more dramatic comments about Sarah's "sin" followed. Silas wrote:

q8nG78Y.png?1

Silas and Stephen's sister had a great comment:

2P9sGsZ.png?1

  • Upvote 27
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rachel333

:pb_lol:

GfPLP1P.png?1

I like Nathaniel too.

aYKlVBh.png?1

plldNX5.png?1

  • Upvote 31
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.