IGNORED

When Your Dad and Brother Don’t Approve of Your Marriage

JermajestyDuggar

He can’t even do that passive aggressive thing of inserting of Bible verses to back up his d-bag point—JRK 1:23, PIG 4:56, because he’s making it up.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

I'm deeply thankful right now that my family's Facebook squabbles are usually just telling my racist aunt to get bent. This is embarrassing to watch. 

5 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

:pb_lol:

GfPLP1P.png?1

I like Nathaniel too.

aYKlVBh.png?1

plldNX5.png?1

Wow, Nathaniel is bringing the hammer down. Good for him!

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And here is what James Manderino (the husband of Sarah’s holier than thou sister Hannah) has to say about it. The Mandarino’s are just as bad as Tom Washburn. Unfortunately they have a daughter already. I really hope they have all boys from now on. 

2ACC3866-10C1-4FBF-ABFB-EA5081DE0BEF.jpeg

Holy fucking shit balls. He literally compares her to a slave!!!

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 2

5 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Well Tom and Tommy Washburn seem nice :sarcasm:  Looked at Tom's FB page.  Looks like a ZZ Top wannabe.

They are fake Jews. That’s a whole other issue in the Washburn family. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1

Just now, Rachel333 said:

Another gem from James:

s61e8ml.png?1

Lol but James grew up totally mainstream and up and left his family a few years ago to meet a fake Jewish girl he met online. Then quickly converted and married her. So he can leave his family for a girl and that’s just fine. 

Here is Tom in his white tux with tails at Hannah’s “look at how Jewish we are!” Wedding:

9B6381DF-5D64-44F7-A35C-AAAB1C383D64.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 1
  • Confused 4
  • WTF 14
  • Thank You 8

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Lol but James grew up totally mainstream and up and left his family a few years ago to meet a fake Jewish girl he met online. Then quickly converted and married her. So he can leave his family for a girl and that’s just fine. 

IIRC, James' father was an attorney who was a liberal and his family, from their comments, tend to be progressive. Can you imagine having your kid make this huge, weird turnaround and talk about women as slaves? 

• Upvote 18
  • Sad 8
  • I Agree 4

It’s like a reality show of the worst kind where they all say the most horrible things and assume authority over everyone else. They are all competing to be the Grand Poobah of Patriarchy. 

• Upvote 17

Just now, ViolaSebastian said:

IIRC, James' father was an attorney who was a liberal and his family, from their comments, tend to be progressive. Can you imagine having your kid make this huge, weird turnaround and talk about women as slaves? 

Yes, his dad was a vocal liberal. But he passed away a year ago. I can’t imagine if one of my children turned out like James.

1 minute ago, Botkinetti said:

It’s like a reality show of the worst kind where they all say the most horrible things and assume authority over everyone else. They are all competing to be the Grand Poobah of Patriarchy. 

It’s a public patriarchal pissing contest. No one wins. But you can bet everyone involved is really pissy.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, Rachel333 said:

Uhhh

p3vX2PV.png

Yeah, Hannah is by far the worst female Washburn. She’s as smug and holier than thou as a person can get. She’s so smug she refuses ultrasounds when she’s pregnant. Because she knows best. She’s currently pregnant with her second. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 3

2 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

James is apparently "sort of a tough guy" :pb_lol:

XbXH4Bz.png?1

Lolololololol! Oh James. He’s so pathetic like a hurt little puppy. I just want to pat him on the head.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yeah, Hannah is by far the worst female Washburn. She’s as smug and holier than thou as a person can get. She’s so smug she refuses ultrasounds when she’s pregnant. Because she knows best. She’s currently pregnant with her second. 

Well we all know how that worked out for Nicole Naugler. (RIP William. ?)

• Sad 6

I'm totally new to these families - just came to this thread because it was 'hot'.  Wow, another bunch of crazies to look into and good for the one daughter for eloping.  Is there an intro page to these people somewhere?

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I'm totally new to these families - just came to this thread because it was 'hot'.  Wow, another bunch of crazies to look into and good for the one daughter for eloping.  Is there an intro page to these people somewhere?

Any thread titled Radical Femininity. Hannah had an online magazine or blog with that title before she got married. 

Ok found it: https://www.freejinger.org/topic/28213-radicalfemininity-a-treasure-trove-of-fundie-cliches/

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 19

I want to make it clear what I mean by calling them fake Jews. They are fundie Christians who have appropriated Jewish customs and holidays. Similarly to Gwen Shamblin Lara and some other Christian fundies. Tom and his wife were not born to Jewish parents. They were mainstream as is their extended families. They converted to this fundie religion when their oldest children were young. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 12
  • Thank You 17

:popcorn2:

This is getting interesting to watch. Even by Fundy standards. Glad to see so many speaking up against Tom.

Edited by Queen Of Hearts
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Any thread titled Radical Femininity. Hannah had an online magazine or blog with that title before she got married. 

Ok found it: https://www.freejinger.org/topic/28213-radicalfemininity-a-treasure-trove-of-fundie-cliches/

Thank you. I now know what I’m doing this afternoon.

So weird when fundie Christians adopt ancient Judaism  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8

1 minute ago, Rachel333 said:

I don't even know what's going on here, but there's definitely some history.

yNXMDsH.png?1

0pabcZb.png?1

Daughters are his property and he calls this man’s wife a witch. He’s just digging himself deeper and deeper. Boy do I feel sorry for his wife and daughters still at home (there are two).

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

Thank goodness the LaGoys are being more supportive than Sarah's supposed family. Here's Hannah's reaction to Sarah's new sister-in-law saying that Sarah has just gained a bunch more family.

JCQFA4f.png?1

In another comment Hannah calls the marriage "state-sanctioned fornication." :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 22
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 4