IGNORED

Dillards 81: Volunteering for God

samurai_sarah

I called it a long time ago that there was a huge feud with JB and Derick. I remember mentioning how based on his Twitter tirade around a year and a half ago, that it was obvious JB had the girls sign over papers to give him the money and that Derick was fighting with him over it. People didn’t really believe it back then. I even remember discussing how it was obvious Jill was being isolated from the family because of Derick but some people didn’t really think that was the case.

I find it interesting that Jill had coffee with Ben Seewald’s sister who doesn’t come across as fundie and I believe has posted about disagreeing with her family’s beliefs. I also think she works.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 9

On 11/15/2019 at 2:17 PM, theotherelise said:

@KeepingChrysanthemum I don't have access to instagram right now and don't want to google "jill dillard sex marriage counselling" at work lol, so this is based on memory. She talked about counseling being helpful, specifically related to physical intimacy. I'm not sure if it was directly "this helped us" or just heavily implied that it had helped them. And it could have been in a story, not a post, I don't remember. I probably should have been more clear, because I don't think she's said anything about counseling related to communications, etc. But she has encouraged people to seek professional help to strengthen their relationships, beyond the silly bedroom games she's recently shilled and the militant submissive wife lessons of her upbringing/ATI.

Derick and Jill both brought up seeking professional help in their sex advice posts. Derick brought up women with daddy issues in his post. I think this is where people got the idea that they were getting counseling. They never actually said they were getting it.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

I find it interesting that Jill had coffee with Ben Seewald’s sister who doesn’t come across as fundie and I believe has posted about disagreeing with her family’s beliefs. I also think she works.

Jessica is a police officer! Judging from Instagram, it seems like she's been accepted back into the fold a bit more since joining the force and getting engaged/married. There's no solid proof she was ever actually ostracized, but she's the only Seewald child to move out upon reaching adulthood instead of waiting until marriage (and there was the whole incident with her basically announcing Surgeon's birth and sex before Ben and Jessa said anything...)

Jill, to me, comes off as one of those people who can sincerely make friends with anyone. Though she'll probably try to convert them if they aren't her personal brand of Christian.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 6

I think Jessica meeting up with Jill is probably more about her 1.6M IG followers than a genuine desire to hang with her.  She’s shilling Plexus as a side hustle and is apparently taking notes from Jill’s R+F “friend”.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

I don’t know. Jill has been all over the news with Derick’s latest rant against JB. After that, she posted a pic with #besthubbyever and had coffee with Jessica.

I’m sure Jessica and Jill discussed the latest media meltdown together. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jill shares with her about the rift between Derick and JB. It must be difficult for people pleasing, golden daughter Jill to be caught in the middle and she probably doesn’t have the right coping tools. She has only recently been posting more pictures with personal friends and I haven’t seen many pics of her with her siblings.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I don’t know. Jill has been all over the news with Derick’s latest rant against JB. After that, she posted a pic with #besthubbyever and had coffee with Jessica.

I’m sure Jessica and Jill discussed the latest media meltdown together. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jill shares with her about the rift between Derick and JB. It must be difficult for people pleasing, golden daughter Jill to be caught in the middle and she probably doesn’t have the right coping tools. She has only recently been posting more pictures with personal friends and I haven’t seen many pics of her with her siblings.

Agreed. And I am still waiting for a comment from Jill thanking her parents for watching the boys. We recently saw Jessa comment that thanked JB and M for watching the boys when she and Ben went out for her birthday. So it seems that JB and M are not anti- grandchild sitting.

• I Agree 1

59 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

. So it seems that JB and M are not anti- grandchild sitting.

Oh, come on! Hannie and the girls are keeping those kids, not Jim Bob and Michelle

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 6

54 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Oh, come on! Hannie and the girls are keeping those kids, not Jim Bob and Michelle

Yes, even Jordyn and Josie are old enough to be expected to help out with them now. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Yes, even Jordyn and Josie are old enough to be expected to help out with them now. 

Bold of you to assume Josie "most perfect totally amazing proof that all life is precious" Duggar would ever be asked to help. I honestly don't think that Josie will ever be asked to lift a finger with the grand kids. In all the instagram posts she's in she seems to look adn act so much younger then the other girls, despite being like, 11 months younger* then Jordyn.  I think Josie is too hardcore coddled by her parents and everyone else to have to take care of a baby. 

*wasn't there one of those little info boxes in one episode of 19KAC that said something like "For one week Mckenzye, Jordyn, and Josie are all the same age" or something? 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

I keep reading this title as volunteering for gold....

Also in another thread there is a picture of Jill and the boys at one of their Monday night family nights  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

Bold of you to assume Josie "most perfect totally amazing proof that all life is precious" Duggar would ever be asked to help. I honestly don't think that Josie will ever be asked to lift a finger with the grand kids. In all the instagram posts she's in she seems to look adn act so much younger then the other girls, despite being like, 11 months younger* then Jordyn.  I think Josie is too hardcore coddled by her parents and everyone else to have to take care of a baby. 

*wasn't there one of those little info boxes in one episode of 19KAC that said something like "For one week Mckenzye, Jordyn, and Josie are all the same age" or something? 

Yes, all three girls will be 10 from 12/10 until Jordyn turns 11 on 12/18.

• Upvote 10

On 11/17/2019 at 1:37 AM, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I think Jessica meeting up with Jill is probably more about her 1.6M IG followers than a genuine desire to hang with her.  She’s shilling Plexus as a side hustle and is apparently taking notes from Jill’s R+F “friend”.

1.6M IG followers?!?!?  Wow.  Does she have the most of any Duggar kid?  If so, do you think it's because she's the most popular or because she was the first married daughter?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Baba O'Riley said:

1.6M IG followers?!?!?  Wow.  Does she have the most of any Duggar kid?  If so, do you think it's because she's the most popular or because she was the first married daughter?

Jessa actually has the most Instagram followers out of all of the Duggar accounts. She has 2 million followers. Jill s in 2nd place and I believe the family account is in third place. 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

Jessa actually has the most Instagram followers out of all of the Duggar accounts. She has 2 million followers. Jill s in 2nd place and I believe the family account is in third place. 

That must kill Jeremy. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 39
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, coffeebean7 said:

I feel really in the dark , what was Derrick's recent rant against JB?

It’s discussed on pages 18-20 of thread 80 and there are screenshots. Not really a rant, more like shit-stirring in the comments.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Eeewwwww has anyone checked out Jill's IG stories today?? The Dillards are toilet-philes in literally almost every sense ?.

Sam enjoying his morning toilet water & cereal.

Seriously tho, with a father as dilly as Derick, it's not wonder he'd feel drawn to the porcelain throne. He probably senses an affinity between it and the vibe Jillydums and Dummydick emanate. 

Similis cum similibus, gross!!

mrbean2.PNG

mrbean.PNG

• Disgust 13

Kids and toilets! My daughter used to always try and get in the toilet, we however did the smart thing and put one of those toilet locks on there. I would probably throw up if I found her eating toilet bowl cereal. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 - Jill's contact name for Derick in her phone ?

2 - she responded quite differently than her husband to why they're not on CO anymore. And has a slightly different timeline saying they stopped before Sam's birth.

D70A402E-A509-48E9-94E8-1A6767CBE644.jpeg.f4c39b291e26eb481b44b25e36900dfb.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 9

I truly, truly don't mean this in a horrible way but....what a coherent statement to come from Jill!

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 4

It's not true, though... a couple years before Sam was born, Israel was born. They were still filming when Jill did her jinder reveal for Sam (hard to forget that weird scavenger hunt for toddler clothes and Cathy's obvious disappointment at it being another boy). As far as I can tell, that was the last episode the Dillards appeared in, and it aired July 3rd, 2017, just days before Sam was born. It was definitely filmed sometime after February 2017 when Henry was born because the same episode description has the Seewalds adjusting to being a family of four. Jill is definitely fudging the timeline here.

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Sorry Jill, #besthubbyever is way too butthurt about it for it to be an amicable and mutual parting of ways.  You’re not fooling anyone. 

But her comment was surprisingly well-written.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

@singsingsing - I read Jill's comment as: "a couple years ago, just before the birth of Samuel," not "a couple of years before the birth of Samuel."

That at least potentially follows the timeline of when they last filmed as cast members. TLC announced Derick would no longer be featured in November 2017. Sam was born July 2017. Joy's wedding (filmed May 2017) was the last episode I think they were in as cast members...

Here is the episode list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Counting_On_episodes#Season_6_(2017)

They are listed in two episode descriptions in season 6 which started airing in September 2017. Most of the season appears to have been filmed up to Joy's wedding (May 2017). Then the last episode is a tacked on wedding special for JoKen. That wedding special is the only episode that would have been filmed after Sam's birth and before the November announcement from TLC. I don't know if they were full cast members for that episode or were just there. Season 7 of course goes back in time before the wedding special at the end of the previous season, starting filming in summer 2017. The Dillards are not featured in season 7 and it aired after the TLC decision, beginning February 2018.

I had previously thought it was clear that the Jazz comments were the definitive end of the cast member relationship, but looking at the TLC statement, it sounds possible that the Dillards did back out voluntarily prior to the Jazz comments:

https://twitter.com/TLC/status/929484003811479553?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Derick has said he was upset about TLC not helping with medical costs associated with Sam's birth in July 2017. Jill's reply says they left before Sam's birth. It's definitely still a bit foggy, but mostly because of all the Derick comments. Jill's reply is more of a PR-style answer to brush aside questions. Meanwhile Derick is sh*tposting on twitter!

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic