IGNORED

Dillards 81: Volunteering for God

samurai_sarah

3 minutes ago, FighterJet said:

Really? Did she block you for that? Someone's become highly hysterical, apparently.

Hahahah yep!!! That was the only time I ever commented on her Instagram. It was kind of a bitchy thing for me to say but it was super annoying! I don't know if she still does it but back then she did it every single selfie. Every. Single. One. It was so annoying! 

18 hours ago, mollysmom said:

Hahahah yep!!! That was the only time I ever commented on her Instagram. It was kind of a bitchy thing for me to say but it was super annoying! I don't know if she still does it but back then she did it every single selfie. Every. Single. One. It was so annoying! 

Lol, it's so morbid of someone to block someone else for stating... a basic truth everyone can see!

• Upvote 1

On 12/2/2019 at 12:49 AM, Maggie Mae said:

I'm sorry for your personal circumstances. I don't believe that anyone on this forum would want you to not have what you need, and no one is going to choose no food over food on a paper plate. 

That being said, we all still have our preferences. Just because you are in a shitty situation doesn't mean that the rest of us can't work to decrease our single use object consumption and prefer using non disposable plates and cutlery, and yes, talk about it. If that makes me a snob, sorry.

I was going to write something explanatory and conciliatory, but then the "just because you are in a shitty situation doesn't mean to the rest of us... " kind of reminded me that that's the attitude I would like to discourage.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 4
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • WTF 1

On 12/6/2019 at 1:07 PM, Georgiana said:

The Duggar finances are always a mystery, but the grown children over a certain age all seem to have a certain amount of capital available for their own projects, so I don't think JB is as diabolically greedy as some think.  While I do think there's definite unfairness and funny business going on with the earnings, I also think the kids are compensated in some fashion in their early 20s.  People have speculated they have trusts set up for the kids or otherwise have money they get access to when they reach a certain age.  I think that's probably the case.

In addition, Jill wrote a best-selling book as an adult.  I think it's very likely that she had a sizable nest-egg to her name when she came into the marriage, their costs of living were dramatically comped/reduced during their first few years of marriage (first at the Duggar fixer McMansion and then in S America, which should have allowed them to put money away), and I also think it's likely that JB/Derrick came to a financial settlement when they left the show.  Rather than a part-time job, I think it's more likely that this is the money that is allowing the Dillards to live as they do, and that Derrick works in order to offset the drain on their savings.  

Jill makes money through the brand sponsorships she does. She’s basically an MLM girl.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Confused 3
  • WTF 1

2 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Jill makes money through the brand sponsorships she does. She’s basically an MLM girl.

There’s a huge difference between brand sponsorships and an MLM. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 4

My mother has 13 siblings. I have 47 first cousins just on that side. When we were in a cult we lived in a house with about 20 other people. Whenever people say they only have a few cousins it’s honestly WILD to me. It’s not that I feel bad for people (big families have their issues too) but it’s just so far from my experience that I can’t really imagine what it’s like. Wouldn’t change it for the world though. There’s enough people that you can always find someone to take your side in a fight????? 

I do hope Jill is actually taking care of her kids teeth. My go to aunt gift is always underwear and toothbrushes because little kids love them. I guess they figure they’re just going to fall out anyway.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, purple_summer said:

I guess they figure they’re just going to fall out anyway.  

Not that I have to tell anyone here this but, it doesn't matter if they will just fall out anyway. That's true but now is the time to establish good brushing habits. 

• I Agree 3

5 hours ago, purple_summer said:

Whenever people say they only have a few cousins it’s honestly WILD to me.

I have no cousins, aunts or uncles. It sucks, I would love to have at least one cousin. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 15

9 hours ago, purple_summer said:

My mother has 13 siblings. I have 47 first cousins just on that side. When we were in a cult we lived in a house with about 20 other people. Whenever people say they only have a few cousins it’s honestly WILD to me. It’s not that I feel bad for people (big families have their issues too) but it’s just so far from my experience that I can’t really imagine what it’s like. Wouldn’t change it for the world though. There’s enough people that you can always find someone to take your side in a fight????? 

I do hope Jill is actually taking care of her kids teeth. My go to aunt gift is always underwear and toothbrushes because little kids love them. I guess they figure they’re just going to fall out anyway.  

It's harder to find someone to play Monopoly with to pass the time before Christmas dinner. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, purple_summer said:

Its hard for me to imagine too! My mom has 8 siblings and my dad had 5 so I have tons of cousins as well. I also have 4 siblings and my husband 5 so our son so far is #10 on one side and #12 on the other plus we have one on the way and one of my siblings is expecting again and two of my husband's siblings are too young for kids yet so likely more to come! The holidays sure are interesting. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/6/2019 at 1:47 PM, FighterJet said:

Does anyone think Jill might be working? A part time job maybe? 

It seems unlikely that Derdick'd be able to maintain a new home, law school (which was maybe gifted to him by Jim Bob? To keep him silent?), two boys and their lifestyle on a part time delivery man wage. They don't swim in riches, but they don't seem to have cut on their usual comforts, either. They eat out, go out with friends, the kids get toys and books (but no toothbrushes... I know), they own a car. On top of that, these type of Baptists usually look down on debt. If Derdick had indebted himself for real with a mortgage or university loans, that would explain in part why things have gone South between him and Jim Bob, as he's married to his daughter.

He's going to an accredited university for his law degree, right? I think there's a decent chance he's been taking student loans and living off loan refund money. Depending on the school, you can get a lot of excess funds if you take the maximum amount of loans allowable.

I know the whole "no debt" Duggar philosophy, but that comes from Jim Bob and we know how Derrick feels about his father-in-law so...it's a possibility. I'm sure Jill makes a tidy amount from her sponsorships but they would need to have another major income or savings source to live comfortably AND pay for law school.

• Upvote 4

On 12/4/2019 at 8:01 AM, viii said:

I'm very envious of these big families; I always wished I had a large family. 

Since neither of my sisters are home this year for Christmas, it will be me, my parents, and my grandparents. It's all right, but I always wished that I'd have 40 people gathered around, playing games and whatnot. 

Grass is always greener, I suppose.

On 12/6/2019 at 1:02 PM, mollysmom said:

It's her instagram. She's allowed to look how she wants. It's a fairly common pose. I mean, I'm not Jill defender, but I'd block someone who came out of nowhere to ask me why my face looked the way it does. That's just rude.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Grass is always greener, I suppose.

It's her instagram. She's allowed to look how she wants. It's a fairly common pose. I mean, I'm not Jill defender, but I'd block someone who came out of nowhere to ask me why my face looked the way it does. That's just rude.

Like I said...it was kind of a bitchy thing for me to say....I already admitted that. 

• Love 2

On 12/7/2019 at 4:04 PM, patsymae said:

I was going to write something explanatory and conciliatory, but then the "just because you are in a shitty situation doesn't mean to the rest of us... " kind of reminded me that that's the attitude I would like to discourage.

I really don't understand what your point is.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 4

21 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

There’s a huge difference between brand sponsorships and an MLM. 

Obviously... I meant to say that Jill basically acts like an MLM girl.

• Upvote 2

On 12/9/2019 at 2:10 AM, Gobbles said:

I have no cousins, aunts or uncles. It sucks, I would love to have at least one cousin. 

I have Aunts, Uncles & Cousins but they live 7 hours away, and we only saw them once a year. Honestly aside from 2 of them, none of them can stand me nor I them, they die hard Fox "news" watching, Trump loving, racist, far right wing assholes. My sister and I are fairly liberal as is one other cousin so the 3 of us are pretty much the black sheep of the family, one other is middle of the and road hates everyone right now and he thinks we are all nuts.  :laughing-rolling: 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I have Aunts, Uncles & Cousins but they live 7 hours away, and we only saw them once a year. Honestly aside from 2 of them, none of them can stand me nor I them, they die hard Fox "news" watching, Trump loving, racist, far right wing assholes. My sister and I are fairly liberal as is one other cousin so the 3 of us are pretty much the black sheep of the family, one other is middle of the and road hates everyone right now and he thinks we are all nuts.  :laughing-rolling: 

I'm in the same boat, my dad has 2 sisters, between them there's 5 cousins. The last time I saw them the oldest cousin was nearly 30 and I didn't see him, and the one right after me (I'm the second eldest) was completely insufferable. Her dad's brother (so her uncle but not mine) was a math teacher and was tutoring her over skype for free and she thought it was completely okay to go on and on about how stupid he must be for being an atheist. I mean she was 15, but it was just so insufferable. I wanted to reach across the table and slap her. 

I also had my grandfather say it wasn't his problem if a childs family doesn't have hot water or electricity because they're trying to afford cancer treatment for that child. 

So yeah you could say that I'm not really missing that side of the family. 

That said I wish I had more cousins or cousins closer in age on my mom's side. The one closest to me is 6 years younger then me, and the only other one is 11 years younger then me so no close cousins for me. 

8 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm in the same boat, my dad has 2 sisters, between them there's 5 cousins. The last time I saw them the oldest cousin was nearly 30 and I didn't see him, and the one right after me (I'm the second eldest) was completely insufferable. Her dad's brother (so her uncle but not mine) was a math teacher and was tutoring her over skype for free and she thought it was completely okay to go on and on about how stupid he must be for being an atheist. I mean she was 15, but it was just so insufferable. I wanted to reach across the table and slap her. 

I also had my grandfather say it wasn't his problem if a childs family doesn't have hot water or electricity because they're trying to afford cancer treatment for that child. 

So yeah you could say that I'm not really missing that side of the family. 

That said I wish I had more cousins or cousins closer in age on my mom's side. The one closest to me is 6 years younger then me, and the only other one is 11 years younger then me so no close cousins for me. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/9/2019 at 4:14 PM, Maggie Mae said:

I really don't understand what your point is.

That contrasting my (and others') "shitty situation" to "the rest of us" is indicative, to me, of a shitty mindset. But I'm not going to belabor it.

• Upvote 3
  • Move Along 1
  • WTF 2

Is anybody else seriously wondering if Jill will have more kids? Sam's 2.5 years old now, and still no announcement. This seems like a long spacing for a Duggar.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Is anybody else seriously wondering if Jill will have more kids? Sam's 2.5 years old now, and still no announcement. This seems like a long spacing for a Duggar.

My guess is that they’ll have a couple more after Derick finishes law school.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

I wouldn't be shocked if they announced in the next few months but I think they are waiting until Derick is done with law school. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

I think they will stop at two. Jill made a post about chosing her own path a while back, and her dear momma-in-law only had 2 boys.

• Love 1

I think Jill still wants more. In that video from a few months back she was arguing with Derick that he didn’t know for sure she wouldn’t be pregnant that year. It didn’t sound like someone who had decided she was done having babies. Derick has also dropped a lot of hints that he’s not planning to stop at 2.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

With no easy show money, a new home, no family supporting job and school tuition, I think the Dillards are edging closer to the realities of life in the real, adult world. Kids and living expenses are expensive.

• Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

With no easy show money, a new home, no family supporting job and school tuition, I think the Dillards are edging closer to the realities of life in the real, adult world. Kids and living expenses are expensive.

But despite her questionable marketing skills she still has quite a few paid partnerships- she’s even got cousin Amy paying her so  I imagine they’re ok for now- not rich but better than most students with a non working spouse.

a lot of her posts recently are about enjoying watching her children grow and develop- maybe there’s just a little spark of realisation that constantly being pregnant & having loads of kids isn’t the only parenthood option- you can actually still feel fulfilled with a smaller number. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic