IGNORED

Dillards 81: Volunteering for God

samurai_sarah

2 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

Derick should ask Jon Gosselin what it was like fighting TLC when they were backing Kate.

He thinks he’s cleverer than everyone else.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I'm ashamed to admit I would totally read this for the entertainment/enjoying JB's head exploding, as much as a loathe Derrick. But he's not getting my money; I'd use the library. Derick's not getting a cent from me.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 14

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

Actually I’ve just looked at his twitter feed- there’s a reply on 14 November to someone who’s saying he is no match for the legal resources of Discovery - usual Derick arrogance 

“I don’t think you understand how our legal system works. You don’t get a pass on justice just because you have resources. That might work if it’s a close call, but not otherwise. You just might not hear about it because they settle out of court.”

i think he’s talking about an expose of TLC rather than the Duggars in the hope they’ll pay him off.

edited to add- as a lawyer with over 30 years experience- I’m afraid you often do get a pass on justice if you have enough resources.....

What does he really think he will expose that job got the money and not the kids I am sure tlc has all there legal bases covered there and I don't think reality star kids in Arkansas are protected under the law as are say child stars in California.

Edited by Ivycoveredtower
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

It's also interesting to note that Jill was not at thanksgiving had a friends giving instead she seems to be hanging out with mainly Amy lately though it is interesting TLC let her be in Jessa's birth episode though honestly jessa made it sound like Jill was the last person she wanted to call but had no choice because everyone else was out of town. On the other hand Jill was just hanging out with Jessa's in laws so who knows and I wonder if she will be featured in grandma Mary's funeral episode.

Playing catch up here don't mind me

but uh, given Jill's "Midwife" training being what it was (shitty and wasn't her teacher super shady?)  Jill would be the last person I'd want to call too. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

If Derick's writing a book it's probably about the evils of TLC and the persecution of good pure Trump-humping Christians by the fake news librul media. Sadly I doubt it would be the exposé of the Duggars we'd all hope for.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

Actually I’ve just looked at his twitter feed- there’s a reply on 14 November to someone who’s saying he is no match for the legal resources of Discovery - usual Derick arrogance 

“I don’t think you understand how our legal system works. You don’t get a pass on justice just because you have resources. That might work if it’s a close call, but not otherwise. You just might not hear about it because they settle out of court.”

i think he’s talking about an expose of TLC rather than the Duggars in the hope they’ll pay him off.

edited to add- as a lawyer with over 30 years experience- I’m afraid you often do get a pass on justice if you have enough resources.....

Is he really suggesting that justice in the United States isn't heavily influenced by the amount of time, resources, and money the parties in question have? I have serious side-eye for a law student who doesn't acknowledge a rather fundamental principle of justice in the U.S. 

Spoiler

447ECC82-BE57-4A19-8A93-9504125F12AA.gif.cb1f54691b9242d8719e2cae153850bc.gif

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 9
  • Love 9

I honestly don’t think he’s going to write it, but what interest would a Duggar book realistically generate if it wasn’t a tell-all?  It might be interesting to some if Jill wrote a book about her family, but I don’t think that’s what he was aiming at.  

I agree with the notion that he wants Boob to fork over money by threatening to write a book. Is the Bank of Cathy and Grubhub not keeping the Dillards in the lifestyle they are accustomed to?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, FleeJanaFree said:

I'm ashamed to admit I would totally read this for the entertainment/enjoying JB's head exploding, as much as a loathe Derrick. But he's not getting my money; I'd use the library. Derick's not getting a cent from me.

Oh I am sure they will end up at goodwill at some point I might throw a dollar at a used copy

Edited by Ivycoveredtower
  • Upvote 5

I hate to be “that person” but I called it almost two years ago that JB receives all of the money (because it’s likely the kids signed it over to him in some sort of joint account), that Derrick was feuding with JB over money and would write a tell all. I made memes of books with his face on it and posted it in the threads here.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 7
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, apandaaries said:

I mean, he could definitely make a quick buck here. People always love exposés. But it would burn every last Duggar bridge. It doesn’t seem that he really takes Jill’s considerations into account when feuding with her family, so maybe he’ll go for it. But it’s not like he’d be living large off the profits forever. 

A quick buck from leghumpers.
He will make one book sale from us here on FJ.  Someone here will take one for the team and then let us know what is in it. Who can we nominate??????? Who volunteers????
plus anything juicy will be in mags. We can read it there. :) 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

If one of the two library systems I have a card and gets it, I would take one for the team. Otherwise, I'll see if it shows up at the Dollar Tree.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

My dad was one of 6 kids and my mom one of 5. I grew up with lots of aunts, uncles, and cousins and I loved it. My kids have 2 cousins on my husband’s side that they rarely see and my brother doesn’t have any children. We used to be very close, but I haven’t seen or talked to him in almost a year. After years of trying to maintain a relationship with him, I finally gave up. I feel like an only child and I’m sad for my kids that they don’t get to experience those cousin relationships that meant so much to me when I was a kid.

As far as a Duggar tell-all being penned by the Dilllards, I feel it’s necessary to resurrect this gem to remind everyone:

BD2C9E8C-D026-40A7-9072-1ADB30105444.png.55c71c998b7400ffddad385c7af44b69.png

What was Cathy referring to here?

9 hours ago, Idlewild said:

He thinks he’s cleverer than everyone else.

Well, in his immediate environment that is probably a pretty low bar.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

I don't look at his twitter, so maybe I'm missing something here, but from what I can tell, someone just said he should write a book. I don't see where he said it would be a tell all? 

13 minutes ago, viii said:

I don't look at his twitter, so maybe I'm missing something here, but from what I can tell, someone just said he should write a book. I don't see where he said it would be a tell all? 

If you click on the in touch link up thread you can see the tweet a person said they could make bank writing a book you know there is crazy in that family.

Derricks said that's the plan but it will take time as he has to sit down and out line everything in between classes. He doesn't come straight out and say it's a tell all but its implied.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 8

20 hours ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

... After years of trying to maintain a relationship with him, I finally gave up. I feel like an only child and I’m sad for my kids that they don’t get to experience those cousin relationships that meant so much to me when I was a kid.

My mom and dad both came from 2-children homes, and then they ended up having 8 kids.  My mom's sister had two, and my dad's sister never married, never had any kids.  However, my dad had several cousins that he grew up with, and one especially was like a brother to him.  So that cousin's children are technically (I think) my second cousins but we saw a lot of them and remain close to this day.  Same with my two cousins on my mom's side.  When we get together, oh the laughter!!  I mean, the neighbors must wonder what we are drinking and we are mostly stone cold sober lol.  Just a lot of great memories.

But even though my brother had 3 kids, one of them only a few months difference in age from my son, and we lived nearby, those cousins are not close at all.  I agree - it makes me sad.  However, my son takes his friendships seriously, so I am hoping that even though he may not ever have a close relationship with his cousins, he'll have some good strong friendships to fill that gap.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

My mom has three siblings and all of us cousins (18 total) are super close in age -- almost every single one has an "age partner" and some of us have two of the same age! It was so fun growing up and the youngest ones are still "growing up." 

My dad has four siblings and yet I only have 5 on that side. They are all younger, only two fit into my youngest brother's generation and the others are still in middle school and seem more like nieces / nephews than cousins.

I am the first of my siblings to get married and I do worry that my siblings won't be married any time soon and my future kids won't have the same experience. My husband only has one sibling and it's the same deal. 

• Upvote 1

No one wants a tell all from derick. We want a tell all from one of the kids who grew up in that mess but it seems unlikely unless one of the lost girls grows up and rebels. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Does anyone think Jill might be working? A part time job maybe? 

It seems unlikely that Derdick'd be able to maintain a new home, law school (which was maybe gifted to him by Jim Bob? To keep him silent?), two boys and their lifestyle on a part time delivery man wage. They don't swim in riches, but they don't seem to have cut on their usual comforts, either. They eat out, go out with friends, the kids get toys and books (but no toothbrushes... I know), they own a car. On top of that, these type of Baptists usually look down on debt. If Derdick had indebted himself for real with a mortgage or university loans, that would explain in part why things have gone South between him and Jim Bob, as he's married to his daughter.

8 minutes ago, FighterJet said:

Does anyone think Jill might be working? A part time job maybe? 

It seems unlikely that Derdick'd be able to maintain a new home, law school (which was maybe gifted to him by Jim Bob? To keep him silent?), two boys and their lifestyle on a part time delivery man wage. They don't swim in riches, but they don't seem to have cut on their usual comforts, either. They eat out, go out with friends, the kids get toys and books (but no toothbrushes... I know), they own a car. On top of that, these type of Baptists usually look down on debt. If Derdick had indebted himself for real with a mortgage or university loans, that would explain in part why things have gone South between him and Jim Bob, as he's married to his daughter.

The Duggar finances are always a mystery, but the grown children over a certain age all seem to have a certain amount of capital available for their own projects, so I don't think JB is as diabolically greedy as some think.  While I do think there's definite unfairness and funny business going on with the earnings, I also think the kids are compensated in some fashion in their early 20s.  People have speculated they have trusts set up for the kids or otherwise have money they get access to when they reach a certain age.  I think that's probably the case.

In addition, Jill wrote a best-selling book as an adult.  I think it's very likely that she had a sizable nest-egg to her name when she came into the marriage, their costs of living were dramatically comped/reduced during their first few years of marriage (first at the Duggar fixer McMansion and then in S America, which should have allowed them to put money away), and I also think it's likely that JB/Derrick came to a financial settlement when they left the show.  Rather than a part-time job, I think it's more likely that this is the money that is allowing the Dillards to live as they do, and that Derrick works in order to offset the drain on their savings.  

• Upvote 11

On 12/4/2019 at 5:02 PM, DarkAnts said:

Derick should ask Jon Gosselin what it was like fighting TLC when they were backing Kate.

Yes when I heard that Jon Gosselin interview I did think he and Derick should get together. Well, if they do they probably will never make it public, lol. Look both ways before seeing if there's any tabloid writers following them with cameras.(how it must suck to be a tabloid writer)

32 minutes ago, FighterJet said:

the kids get toys and books (but no toothbrushes... I know)

Is this a known fact? Honest question because Jilly muffin blocked me a few years ago when I asked her why she always looked surprised in her selfies. I mean, it's a selfie, you are taking the picture, so why do you look surprised every single time!?!?! So I wasn't sure if this was something she discussed on Instagram. 

• WTF 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

Is this a known fact? Honest question because Jilly muffin blocked me a few years ago when I asked her why she always looked surprised in her selfies. I mean, it's a selfie, you are taking the picture, so why do you look surprised every single time!?!?! So I wasn't sure if this was something she discussed on Instagram. 

No, they get toothbrushes for sure.  Izzy got a Paw Patrol toothbrush as a reward for something a while back, and there was much discussion around it on here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, mollysmom said:

Ehrm, not really, but Izzy's baby teeth always look rotten and she and Derick once made a big deal out of buying a toothbrush for him, leading some people to speculate whether it was the first time they'd brought oral hygiene up to him... I don't know how much of that is true. 

Really? Did she block you for that? Someone's become highly hysterical, apparently.

Well, what I truly wonder anyway is whether Jill has become emancipated enough to consider searching a job for herself or not.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic