IGNORED

Girl Defined and Vision Forum

Laura2730

So everyone knows Kristen and Bethany and their whole immediatefamily, live in San Antonio, Texas. I found this video proving they were a part of it- they feature in Vision Forum's 'Mother of the Year Award' (awarded to Michelle Duggar):

Spoiler

3.08: Elissa Baird

3.24: Heidi Baird

3.33: Rebekah Baird

4.19: *Kristen Baird (now Clark)

4.45: Suzanna Baird

+ I've done some digging- and Elizabeth Kraemer (married to John Kraemer) who is part of the Girl Defined conferences was also loyal to Vision Forum, in addition to Kristen's sister-in-law Brianne Clark (maiden name Renfro- father Paul Renfro founded a church with Voddie Baucham). I have photos (Titanic celebration- including pictures with Lourdes Torres, Liberty and Jubilee Phillips  + pictures with the Valenti and Melissa Keen/Turly family) proving Elizabeth's and Brianne's Vision Forum involvement- but unfortunately the only evidence of the Baird family (and thus Girl Defined) being involved with Vision Forum is the above video.

So it looks like that's where their beliefs have come from originally!

Edited by Laura2730
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 16
  • Love 1

Thank you, @Laura2730!

19 hours ago, Laura2730 said:

but unfortunately the only evidence of the Baird family (and thus Girl Defined) being involved with Vision Forum is the above video.

Damn! I want to see pictures of them shaving their father, or video of an acting part in an awful movie in the film festival. Ah well - I shall settle for a few chipper "Thank you, Michelle!" shots.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Thank you, @Laura2730!

Damn! I want to see pictures of them shaving their father, or video of an acting part in an awful movie in the film festival. Ah well - I shall settle for a few chipper "Thank you, Michelle!" shots.

Unless one of you can dig some photos up from somewhere of them, GirlDefined seem to have done a good job at scrubbing the internet free of their ties to VF

• Upvote 4

Someone made a post asking if there has been a replacement to VF. And the answer is no. My opinion is that people don’t want things like VF anymore. Fundie and evangelical culture has evolved. In 2019, fundies and evangelicals want to get their daily dose of fundie preaching not by blog, newsletter, email, magazine, book, or even conference (although those are still fairly popular). Fundies want to watch their favorite fundie YouTube channels and follow their picture perfect instagrams to feel close to Jesus. Sure they still might attend a conference occasionally or they might buy a book. But it’s cheaper and easier just to watch the Girl Defined channel. I’m sure there were lots of people who would have loved to attend VF conferences and buy all their merch. But they just couldn’t afford it. But most people have access to YouTube and can watch GD. That’s where fundie land has gone. The Baird girls know this and have cashed in on it. Maybe they learned a few things watching Dougie.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

Looks like they didn't waste much time cashing in on the fundie maiden market after their erstwhile idol, Doug Phillips, went down:

Since launching GirlDefined Ministries in 2014, our goal has always been the same – to help modern girls understand and live out God’s timeless truth for womanhood. In a day and age when girls and women receive so many conflicting messages about their value, purpose, and identity, they desperately need to know that the only one who can define them is the One who created them. [Emphasis added]

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Looks like they didn't waste much time cashing in on the fundie maiden market after their erstwhile idol, Doug Phillips, went down:

Yes, sort of how Philip Telfer suddenly saw a need for a Christian film festival in November of 2013:

https://www.philliptelfer.com/2019-filmmakers-guild/

If Doug ever imagined that his followers would come to his aid if he ever fell on hard times, he's learned better now. They feast on the bones of your work like vultures, Dougie, just like you would if you saw an opportunity.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2019 at 2:00 PM, thoughtful said:

Thank you, @Laura2730!

I've just found this photo on Bethany Beal's (Baird) instagram- it features Kristen Clark (nee Baird) from Girl Defined and Lourdes Torres- so its highly likely they were involved in VF and/or went to BCA under Doug Phillips

Spoiler

Screenshot_2019-12-18_at_17_53_39.thumb.png.ec061c913575fcdbe2475b0098c42dfb.png

• Thank You 7

On 11/13/2019 at 2:00 PM, thoughtful said:

Thank you, @Laura2730!

Here's another one- Bethany and Elissa Baird are pictured at a party featuring Joshua, Liberty and Jubilee Phillips!

Spoiler

615882437_Screenshot2019-12-18at19_41_17.thumb.png.2e4215a48baaa214d74889e3d22d8878.png

• Thank You 6

11 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

They also have ties to IBLP...

Yep + Kristen and Bethany both attended IBLP's EXCEL in Dallas

Spoiler

29646150_Screenshot2019-12-18at17_46_36.thumb.png.7c4248fe2f5ab35ac3bc9506821bef78.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2019-12-18_at_17_46_53.thumb.png.c0279f1f298350f0daf05cbbb62d2ae3.png

Spoiler

1051884405_Screenshot2019-12-18at17_47_00.thumb.png.ffc31051282ce4d999bf3a7072fe27d6.png

• Thank You 4

The smugness of those two is definitely Doug level. But I can’t hate them: they introduced me to Cody Ko

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2