Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, bea said:

Please, somebody, leave a comment asking her if she’s going to continue homeschooling after the divorce.

Also? Apparently if your kid wants to learn science or math, they’ll just teach themselves. I had no idea!

I’m pretty sure she will demand a huge amount of child support from him in order to financially support her litter. Plus she will guilt Anna and charity into helping her. Anna already works for her. 

• Upvote 5

On 4/22/2020 at 1:37 AM, Marmion said:

In response to TAM , I will post this reply in German .  Ich spreche nur ein bisschen Deutsch. Ich bin überwiegend deutscher Abstammung. Und ich bin der Meinung, dass das kollektive Wohlergehen der Nation Vorrang vor den egoistischen Wünschen der einzelnen Person haben sollte. Wenn einige Leute denken, dass dieser Standpunkt mich zum Äquivalent eines Nationalsozialisten macht, dann soll es so sein. Besser ein ethischer Sozialist  als ein kurzsichtiger, berechtigter, egoistischer Individualist, würde ich behaupten .   P.S. If any one doesn't understand German , here is a link to Google translate .  https://translate.google.com  In short , I feel that abiding by , and enforcing the quarantine is not doing the " Reich " thing , so much as it's simply doing the "recht" thing .  As Benjamin Franklin once put it .  

Marmion, your German is impressive ! As a translation for "entitled", may I suggest "verwöhnt" (spoiled), "anmassend" (presumptuous) or even "verweichlicht" (mollycoddled) ? (Sorry, teacher here, can't help myself !)

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, bea said:

Please, somebody, leave a comment asking her if she’s going to continue homeschooling after the divorce.

Also? Apparently if your kid wants to learn science or math, they’ll just teach themselves. I had no idea!

That doesn’t work. I had a foot doctor teaching my geometry class in high school. I had to learn everything on my own, all the teacher did was read from the book. Without a tutor I would have failed the class. I am very good at math, algebra specifically. I was home schooled you until the 8th grade. My older brother couldn’t figure out algebra. Without a tutor he would have failed. He was home schooled through high school. My older brother is very smart but even smart people need help. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

14 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

https://savedmag.com/taking-back-your-childs-education-activist-mommy-elizabeth-johnston/

TAM wrote about why she home schools and why parents should. As a home schooled kid I hated it. I felt my education was lacking and I wanted to be around other kids my own age. As an adult I see that if done right it can be very successful. It is rarely done right. Most parents do it because they are lazy or don’t want their kids indoctrinated by the public schools. I was able to carry the morals I was raised with throughout high school, when I was finally able to attend public school. I never smoked, drank, cussed, or had sex. None of my friends cared. It didn’t matter to them. Sending my out for school didn’t mean my parents no longer had to raise me. They were still my parents. 

A little bit OT. Germany is one of just a handfull of other countries in the world where homeschooling isn't allowed. You can choose a religious affiliated private school for your child, but you can't homeschool them. And from time to time someone challenges that and everytime the judges tell them the same thing. That school is not only education but also learning to function in a greater society where you are confronted with people of various backgrounds and beliefs. And that a child has a right to that, no matter the religious or cultural beliefs of their parents.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

6 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

A little bit OT. Germany is one of just a handfull of other countries in the world where homeschooling isn't allowed. You can choose a religious affiliated private school for your child, but you can't homeschool them. And from time to time someone challenges that and everytime the judges tell them the same thing. That school is not only education but also learning to function in a greater society where you are confronted with people of various backgrounds and beliefs. And that a child has a right to that, no matter the religious or cultural beliefs of their parents.

I have heard , from reading up on such cases as this 

https://m.dw.com/en/european-court-rules-against-german-homeschooling-family/a-47021333 , that the prevailing basis for Germany outright banning homeschooling is due to concern over parallel societies arising . 

The ECHR recently agreed to review the family’s case, Wunderlich v. Germany, specifically examining whether German authorities’ actions breached the “right to family life” protected in Article 8 of the European Convention on Family Rights.

The German government submitted replies to the ECHR in late January, claiming the children’s seizure was justified to force them to attend local school so they would learn how to deal with people who think differently. Previous court rulings in Germany have supported the ban on homeschooling, arguing education is a state function and the government has a compelling interest in preventing religious or ideological “parallel societies.”

https://world.wng.org/2017/04/german_family_continues_fight_to_homeschool   I suppose that Germany is concerned about on one hand this development https://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/muslims-in-germany-life-in-a-parallel-society-a-547717.html , and on the other hand also this  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2018540/Neo-Nazi-children-taken-care-German-authorities-bid-beat-rise-Hitler-worship.html . 

• Upvote 5

Anna sounds full on brainwashed. She’s painting her mother as a saint and her father as a devil. That’s not usually how these things work. From what I’ve seen, both of her parents are trash. And she can’t see it. How sad.

27287FF0-5041-49EF-961C-5DFAB0832E05.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

"My precious, innocent mother"
"She is not destroying anyone"

Does Anna know who her mother is?

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

"My precious, innocent mother"
"She is not destroying anyone"

Does Anna know who her mother is?

It amazes me that she can constantly edit and post the content for her mom’s social media and say she’s completely innocent. She knows her mother calls people names constantly. She knows she bullies them. She knows she shames people for being gay. There is nothing innocent about her. Just because she married a shitty person, doesn’t make her a saint. Often trash people marry trash people. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Anna sounds full on brainwashed. She’s painting her mother as a saint and her father as a devil. That’s not usually how these things work. From what I’ve seen, both of her parents are trash. And she can’t see it. How sad.

27287FF0-5041-49EF-961C-5DFAB0832E05.jpeg

If TAM was caught up in a one on one cult , in addition to the other religious cults she adheres to , then I feel pleased to she has finally gathered up the motivation to leave .  

Spoiler

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-intelligent-divorce/201305/what-awful-marriages-cults-have-in-common  But , like with the case of Allison Mack , with cults it can be hard to determine whom is the victim , and whom is the perpetrator .  Often times the same person will be both at the same time , to some extent .  https://www.newsweek.com/smallville-allison-mack-arrested-cult-keith-raniere-nxivm-dos-898050    

After analyzing the facts of Allison’s situation, there is no definitive answer as to whether or not she was both a victim and a trafficker. Sex trafficking is an intricate, highly convoluted industry that uses psychological and physical forces to coerce its victims. These same forces can also be used to manipulate traffickers, who may have started out as trafficked victims. Allison’s story has taught us that this widely underminded possibility can be true for a multitude of cases, if not her own.

https://www.dressember.org/blog/allisonmack  

• Upvote 1

This is how women feel trapped and stay in abusive situations for so many years, like my mother has.

Anna: Your mother has literally been contributing to this exact problem, very publically and with great reach, for years. SHE called all divorces a sin (until she had one of her own). SHE promoted patriarchy and the woman's role as a helpmeet to her husband. SHE made it so doubtlessly countless women chose to stay with their abusive husbands because they listened to her "advice."

Now I am fully aware that someone can be both an abuser and a victim, and that's likely the case here. But, Anna, you would do well do take a very good look at the toxicity your mother has been spouting for years, and continues to spout even after everything that has come out and happened in the past few months. You are continuing to promote the toxic cycle of abuse with your support of your mother's hateful views. If you actually care about abused women, you need to overcome your parents' brainwashing (and I know that isn't easy) and start to really look at the horrible consequences of both your parents' actions.

• Upvote 18

There have been reports that TAM is poisoning her children against Patrick and accusing him of witch craft. Whatever that means.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 3

I'm not WK or defending Patrick Johnson in any way, in the least. He has some really heinous wacko beliefs. But do we have any independent verification of the terrible things TAM said he did?

I don't mean Anna saying he did them because of course TAM told her children the same things she posted online. It looks as if TAM is preventing/encouraging the children to cut contact with their father so I doubt they've heard his story.

As far as I know Patrick hasn't put his side of the story out on social media or in any way publicly defended himself. I suspect if he wanted to there might be some very ...um... unflattering things he could say about TAM. However, thus far he's remained silent. I wonder what his story is compared to TAM's.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I'm not WK or defending Patrick Johnson in any way, in the least. He has some really heinous wacko beliefs. But do we have any independent verification of the terrible things TAM said he did?

I don't mean Anna saying he did them because of course TAM told her children the same things she posted online. It looks as if TAM is preventing/encouraging the children to cut contact with their father so I doubt they've heard his story.

As far as I know Patrick hasn't put his side of the story out on social media or in any way publicly defended himself. I suspect if he wanted to there might be some very ...um... unflattering things he could say about TAM. However, thus far he's remained silent. I wonder what his story is compared to TAM's.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he did actually cheat. But the crazy thing is, TAM and Trick both advocated beating babies and taught followers how to get away with it. So it kind of amazes me that she would accuse him of abuse when they are so pro baby abuse. It’s just a weird mind fuck. I guess they are great at compartmentalizing. Like many fundies. 

• Upvote 8

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he did actually cheat. But the crazy thing is, TAM and Trick both advocated beating babies and taught followers how to get away with it. So it kind of amazes me that she would accuse him of abuse when they are so pro baby abuse. It’s just a weird mind fuck. I guess they are great at compartmentalizing. Like many fundies. 

That stuff was made up didn’t you know? How do I know it was made up? TAM said so. Though I would argue taking your kids to PP and forcing them to protest is child abuse.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

That stuff was made up didn’t you know? How do I know it was made up? TAM said so. Though I would argue taking your kids to PP and forcing them to protest is child abuse.

It’s hilarious that she can say it was made up when there’s proof! Sure they deleted the website but as many know, the internet is forever. She’s just like trump. Produce hard evidence right in front of his face and he will still claim it’s fake. A narcissist will stick to the lie no matter what. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s hilarious that she can say it was made up when there’s proof! Sure they deleted the website but as many know, the internet is forever. She’s just like trump. Produce hard evidence right in front of his face and he will still claim it’s fake. A narcissist will stick to the lie no matter what. 

It's part of gaslighting , which is also characteristic of cult mind control , more specifically information control .  https://kitkennedy.com/2018/09/12/what-is-gaslighting/  ,  https://freedomofmind.com/bite-model/  

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

It is so interesting to me that this has been going on for 16 years and despite that she has made promoting a godly marriage and family and values her mission (I don’t agree with her tactics or content, but she would say that was what she was doing). Maybe her way of sticking her head in the sand and pretending like everything was fine in her home and marriage?

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, mhainlen said:

It is so interesting to me that this has been going on for 16 years and despite that she has made promoting a godly marriage and family and values her mission (I don’t agree with her tactics or content, but she would say that was what she was doing). Maybe her way of sticking her head in the sand and pretending like everything was fine in her home and marriage?

In the last 16 years, I’m pretty sure 6 if he children were born. If you want to stay in an unhappy marriage, fine. But why bring 6 more kids into a crappy situation? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

In the last 16 years, I’m pretty sure 6 if he children were born. If you want to stay in an unhappy marriage, fine. But why bring 6 more kids into a crappy situation? 

That’s so sad. For someone who is supposedly only living to impress God (bring glory to Him, etc, whatever catch phrase you want to use there), she cares an awful lot about her appearance to the rest of the world. Which I’m sure is how they ended up with all those extra kids.   

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

On 4/21/2020 at 7:05 PM, Lgirlrocks said:

8D60E246-EDFA-4AC0-A5D4-9AA636475104.thumb.png.02cf88b4492bacdf4acab58f574a8200.png

I know people that survived the Holocaust. They would agree to disagree with you TAM. I reported this. This is so far off base even for her. It’s not hurting her to have to stay home from church. It’s not infringing upon her religious freedom. She is protecting herself and others around her by staying home. I was a healthy person who went to work, I’m a housekeeping supervisor at a hospital. I got Covid. More than likely I got it from a nurse who had it for two weeks and came to work. She thought she had the flu. I also could have gotten from someone that didn’t know they had it. 

Apparently this has come to have an impact even as far north as Ohio .  

Acton is now the target of angry Ohioans frustrated by the weeks of quarantine who are convinced the state overreacted to a threat that has claimed more than 1,270 lives in the state. Small but loud groups of demonstrators have picketed outside her house, drawing the ire of DeWine...  

But it's not just sign-carrying protesters who are mad at Acton. Just this week, the Republican-led Legislature moved to curb Acton’s powers even though she works for a GOP governor.

DeWine was also forced to defend Acton after a local GOP legislator compared her actions to save Ohioans from the coronavirus to what the Nazis did during the Holocaust. Acton is Jewish.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/dr-amy-acton-s-handling-coronavirus-crisis-made-her-ohio-n1202441?fbclid=IwAR1R44L2QP0W-HBwBFtfDKzLKv2sllWh12PwD5YpGsF9pkrCt4-LdGYWoiM   

• WTF 5

6 minutes ago, Marmion said:

Yes, they are stillpicketing Dr Acton’shouse even though Ohio is in the process of reopening. DeWine is a Catholic republican man. Dr Acton is a Jewish woman. Of course the assholeswould rather protest outside her home instead of Dewine’s. She’s not even the one making all the final decisions. That’s DeWine. Yet they are continuing to protest her house. They were last there on Friday I believe.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 1

Homeschooling is a tricky one. I think there are some good reasons to do it, eg if the child has a learning disability and/or finds the school environment hard (eg if they have ASD), or if the family moves a lot and homeschooling is easier than constantly changing schools. But fundies do it for crazy reasons, and often provide their kids with a terrible education. 

TAM is just... awful. Such a horrible, horrible person.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

I never had kids, but if I had, I wouldn’t have homeschooled them because I know I would majorly suck at it.  Homeschooling well takes WORK, not just throwing workbooks at them or plopping them down in front of a video class.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

187A1960-C317-4924-BCBC-A99FE96FBD89.thumb.png.4fc1f59e2e0e8ab693c1811b5e55f287.png

dear Anna,

your mom isn’t special. She didn’t make sacrifices for you that other moms don’t make for their own kids. Your mother chose to keep having a kids with your father while he was cheating. She harasses people for being different or having different beliefs and still calls herself a Christian. She has not been persecuted. Being told you are horrible for doing bad things isn’t persecution. I hope one day your bubble gets popped and you see the world from a better perspective. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3