IGNORED

M is for Mama 5: Praying for Lunch

Coconut Flan

Dear Abbie, being pro-life doesn't end when a child is born.  Being pro-life means doing what you can for everyone to better their circumstances throughout their life cycle.  The kids didn't ask to be born into poverty, and they are no different than your kids.  Why?  No matter age, race, beliefs--kids are kids.  They don't see color, appearance, social class.  They see a friend.

I had a medically fragile kid I was assigned to in a daycare.  One day, another kid (S) was being picked up by an aunt.  The aunt asked S about my kiddo, M.  S said, "That's M.  He's just like the rest of us.  Isn't he cool?"  M has a wheelchair, is non-verbal, etc.

Adults have it all wrong.  We see all the wrong things.  Look outside your bubble.  There's so much good, so much positivity you refuse to see.

Sincerely, 3splenty

Edited by 3splenty
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 17

I’m following AH on Instastory where she has done a day in the life of posts the last 2 days. It’s pretty clear that AH spends limited time in parenting her kids. She runs around a lot ( gym, teaching classes at the gym, shopping...). When she’s at home, her mom is present and dealing with the kids, likely as their teacher, much of the time. I thought they went to a co-opt? Maybe that only happens once a week. Yesterday, after her mom was at AH’s house all day teaching kids, AH’s mom took 4 of the kids home for the night. AH was left with the 2 oldest and 2 youngest kids at home. Wonder who cared for the littlest ones? And does her husband work from home? 
I see AH as being very competitive, and being at home with a bunch of kids does not appear to be her jam, at all. She appears happiest when she is out and about focusing on herself!

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I’m following AH on Instastory where she has done a day in the life of posts the last 2 days. It’s pretty clear that AH spends limited time in parenting her kids. She runs around a lot ( gym, teaching classes at the gym, shopping...). When she’s at home, her mom is present and dealing with the kids, likely as their teacher, much of the time. I thought they went to a co-opt? Maybe that only happens once a week. Yesterday, after her mom was at AH’s house all day teaching kids, AH’s mom took 4 of the kids home for the night. AH was left with the 2 oldest and 2 youngest kids at home. Wonder who cared for the littlest ones? And does her husband work from home? 
I see AH as being very competitive, and being at home with a bunch of kids does not appear to be her jam, at all. She appears happiest when she is out and about focusing on herself!

This has been very clear for the past few years. She doesn’t like homeschooling. She doesn’t like being pregnant. She doesn’t like being a stay at home mom. She doesn’t like dealing with toddlers. She doesn’t like having a bunch of kids. She finds any excuse to not have to deal with the life she chose. 

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This has been very clear for the past few years. She doesn’t like homeschooling. She doesn’t like being pregnant. She doesn’t like being a stay at home mom. She doesn’t like dealing with toddlers. She doesn’t like having a bunch of kids. She finds any excuse to not have to deal with the life she chose. 

I am pretty sure the only thing she likes is lots and lots of attention and praise.  Because shes the bestest person ever!

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Agreed. And fwiw, I would not have enjoyed homeschooling , having a bunch of kids or being PG every other year for decades either, so  I DIDN'T! 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Agreed. And fwiw, I would not have enjoyed homeschooling , having a bunch of kids or being PG every other year for decades either, so  I DIDN'T! 

I would say that most women don’t choose a life like Braggie’s for a reason. I’m so glad we have more choices. Statistically, Braggie is in a small minority. Which she thinks makes her special. But really, she likely would have been happier if she lived a more mainstream Christian life. But Braggie won’t do mainstream. Because it doesn’t give her the attention she craves. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would say that most women don’t choose a life like Braggie’s for a reason. I’m so glad we have more choices. Statistically, Braggie is in a small minority. Which she thinks makes her special. But really, she likely would have been happier if she lived a more mainstream Christian life. But Braggie won’t do mainstream. Because it doesn’t give her the attention she craves. 

Recently in the Maxwell forum there was a thread on attachment parenting. I mentioned my daughter using such. Her daughter co-slept for 5.5 years, as a quick example. Anyhow, what I didn’t mention was the fact that my daughter has chosen to only have 1 kid. She said there is no way that she could do this, plus work( kid attends the primary school on the same campus where my daughter is the HS Principal) with more than 1. So, she and her husband decided one and done. It’s too bad that AH doesn’t have the strength and conviction to make the choices that better align with her personality and life style. Instead, she expects others to expend their energy to meet the needs of AH’s choices. I have no doubt that IRL, AH is biotch on wheels.

• Upvote 6

I realize the thread has moved on but I just got caught up on Abbie today. I don’t make my bed every day, although I did today after reading this thread. I usually have to get up for work at 4AM and everyone else is still asleep at that hour. I most often make it right before I go to bed because I like orderly covers. ??‍♀️ Making the bed 10 days in a row is an accomplishment for some of us, and we aren’t all completely uncivilized animals if we don’t. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

I can't leave my house if the beds are not done or if there are dirty dishes in the kitchen. A couple times I've been late to my work for this reason (I have flexible schedule, though). I just can't. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I make my bed most of the time because cat hair. Dishes in the sink? Ummm...out of sight, out of mind? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

My disability makes “properly” making the bed nearly impossible, so I just throw a fitted sheet and a comforter on and call it good.  Besides, I still can’t do “square corners” to save my life.

• Love 7

20 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I make my bed most of the time because cat hair. Dishes in the sink? Ummm...out of sight, out of mind? 

Our cats both like to crawl under the covers and sleep. But it’s cold here. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

@Kailash mine don't really get under the covers, it's just that if I don't make the bed, they'll sleep on the sheets and leave their hair there as a memento of their naps. My long haired male is famous for leaving his hair wherever he goes. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

@Kailash mine don't really get under the covers, it's just that if I don't make the bed, they'll sleep on the sheets and leave their hair there as a memento of their naps. My long haired male is famous for leaving his hair wherever he goes. 

Ours are both short hairs, so I hadn’t thought about long haired. Makes sense.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, feministxtian said:

This is precisely why I don't like great room style houses. The kitchen in my house is it's own room and I love that.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, SuperNova said:

This is precisely why I don't like great room style houses. The kitchen in my house is it's own room and I love that.

I like our house chopped up into different rooms because it helps with noise. My kids are so damn loud and having all the walls makes their shrill screams a little quieter when I’m in the other room.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Our house is old. Built in 1912 old.  Each room is a separate room with either a door to the next room and/or a door to the central hallway.  You can go into any room, shut the door(s) and have peace and quiet.

Mr. Dress and I like to spend time together in the same room, but not every minute. The house obligingly lets us be apart doing whatever we want and then come back together when we want.

Suits us perfectly.

• Upvote 10

OKay who the HELL is paying for all of those flights...I am considering a cruise next year to Europe with my two kids and I am not sold yet on it...That's a very long flight or a bunch of flights with connections not to mention the other costs. who think this is a good idea??

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, feministxtian said:

This is why I love my dishwasher so much. It's a cupboard that I can both hide the dirty dishes in and take out magically clean ones. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, SuperNova said:

I severly love that my tiny kitchen has 4 walls and a door. Close that door and nobody see's that I have dirty dishes in the sink and a full laundry basket (washer is in the kitchen). Since we got HGTV last summer I watch a lot of house hunters and flipper shows when I watch TV and I don't unterstand their need for knocking down walls to create these big open spaces. But I also don't get how someone can say a 1500 sq ft home is tiny. And my bed gets made once a week when I change the sheets and covers. And nobody sees that, since my bedroom door is mostly closed.

9 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

This is why I love my dishwasher so much. It's a cupboard that I can both hide the dirty dishes in and take out magically clean ones. 

Well, my dishwasher is voice controlled and is at the moment busy playing videogames in the room next door.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14
  • Love 2

My kitchen used to have four walls, but a previous owner took one out.  A few of my neighbors have the same type house, and they still have the fourth wall along with cabinets and counter space where I just have open floor.  So I did something wacky this winter:  I took out the dishwasher that wasn’t working anymore, and replaced it with shelf space.  And I love it.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

I severly love that my tiny kitchen has 4 walls and a door. Close that door and nobody see's that I have dirty dishes in the sink and a full laundry basket (washer is in the kitchen). Since we got HGTV last summer I watch a lot of house hunters and flipper shows when I watch TV and I don't unterstand their need for knocking down walls to create these big open spaces. But I also don't get how someone can say a 1500 sq ft home is tiny. And my bed gets made once a week when I change the sheets and covers. And nobody sees that, since my bedroom door is mostly closed.

Well, my dishwasher is voice controlled and is at the moment busy playing videogames in the room next door.

There’s your problem! Don’t watch House Hunters. It’s all bullshit. I will watch it when I want to shout at the TV. When I was in my 20s I let hgtv and house hunters make me believe I wanted all the same things they want in a house. Then I de-brainwashed myself after I had kids. I got rid of what didn’t work for me and kept what did. And I guarantee my House would be considered ugly, small, outdated, dark, and chopped up. But it works well for ya for the time being.

• Upvote 8

I think houses here are more open for air circulation. I couldn't imagine the summer a/c bills with trying to get every room in the house cool enough to live in. As it is, we usually need fans in the bedrooms to make them cool enough to sleep in when it's been 110+ during the day. 

My house in VA was the closed off type and rooms were either too damn hot or too damn cold pretty much all year round. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

18 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I couldn't imagine the summer a/c bills with trying to get every room in the house cool enough to live in. As it is, we usually need fans in the bedrooms to make them cool enough to sleep in when it's been 110+ during the day

That's one thing they never mention on those shows. Rooms with doors are easier and cheaper to heat / cool

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic