IGNORED

M is for Mama 5: Praying for Lunch

Coconut Flan

And she's taking all these kids to Europe.  Strange places, busy streets, tiny kids with minimal supervision and plenty of new sights and sounds to tempt them.  Ugh.

• Upvote 5

50 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

And she's taking all these kids to Europe.  Strange places, busy streets, tiny kids with minimal supervision and plenty of new sights and sounds to tempt them.  Ugh.

We  ( now 2 oldsters) travel a lot, and between the time changes, food differences, language barriers and constant pace, it’s a lot of work and very tiring. Frankly, I think these 2 are off their rockers if they think extensive foreign travel involving many different countries is even remotely worth it at this stage of their lives. I can not imagine the chaos and misery that will ensue. Someone else has to be footing the bill.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

We  ( now 2 oldsters) travel a lot, and between the time changes, food differences, language barriers and constant pace, it’s a lot of work and very tiring. Frankly, I think these 2 are off their rockers if they think extensive foreign travel involving many different countries is even remotely worth it at this stage of their lives. I can not imagine the chaos and misery that will ensue. Someone else has to be footing the bill.

I’ll make a prediction. She will strong arm her mother into going. Telling her it’s a trip of a lifetime. But really she will act as nanny the whole time.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ll make a prediction. She will strong arm her mother into going.

I'm going to throw out a guess that she's already going (and/or paying for some or all of it).

ETA:  she said they went to the passport office.  $115 each kid X 8.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

#whatabighonor is having a birthday. Abbie actually used a hashtag instead of his name. This woman is insufferable. She mentions yet again that Honor is small for his age. I hope that he's having regular checkups. It may just be what Abbie chooses to show but Honor seems a little neglected to me. I won't run down the list yet again (bathroom flooding, getting hurt by the trampoline, etc.) because I know I harp on it but I'm genuinely bothered by the lack of attention for the little guy. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

What if the baby had turned on scalding hot water? We don’t keep our water heater on a high temp just in case. But who knows if Braggie does. She might like having very hot water for doing dishes. If he was able to turn on the cold, he could have turned on the hot while Braggie recorded away. Poor kid.

That's like....babysitting 101, Braggie.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

I've travelled to some big European cities with children. Two adults, two children. Great experience, but cities are exhausting and if you want the kids to enjoy it, it means dedication, patience and some budget, too. It's great to visit some monuments or walk panoramic neibourhoods, but only if you combine it with nice meals, parks, kids-friendly museums or activities etc. I take my kids to regular museums and monuments, but they need to balance it with some fun, too. I don't see Braggie willing to design a trip that fits her children and I'm sure she won't buy tickets for funny activities. Those kids will be overwhelmed, and the youngest 3 or 4 are not going to learn anything. 

She just want her pinteresty, instragrammy pictures. 

Also, she should go only to 1 area. I understand that she cannot go to Europe often, but if she wants to do such a long tour, she should go alone or just with the older kids. For the little ones, it's madness. If she went to London only (or Paris, or whatever big city) she could do a lot of 1-day journeys to beautiful, nearby locations, that her children will enjoy while being able to rest later. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Also, she should go only to 1 area. I understand that she cannot go to Europe often, but if she wants to do such a long tour, she should go alone or just with the older kids. For the little ones, it's madness.

But #hardisnotthesamethingasbad. Like you said, this isn't about her kids. This is about Instagram likes. Last time they travelled it was to CA with Shaun and Abbie seemed short fused then. She was on the verge of a meltdown over a restaurant mess and she kept hiding out in the bathroom to make hair tutorials. She also made a post about combing her hair with a dirty fork she found in the van. It was strange. I guess her goal will be achieved though because I'll definitely be tuning in to watch the overseas meltdown as Abbie once again martyrs herself for the sake of hearing, "Omg Abbie, how do you do it all?"

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I haven’t checked on Abbie in awhile but I watched her Trich video. She basically referred to asking for prayer for “OCD type disorders”. I don’t think Abbie understands that prayer AND therapy are important. She can find a Christian therapist and go. Maybe she does but she’s never talked about it and she’s admitted Trich is becoming more of a problem. In all, I feel her need to be “perfect” is very Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder-like (it’s not the same as OCD)... NOT saying she has that but she comes off like that. 

I wish she’d just get help or at least say “Thanks for praying everyone. I’m also seeking professional help for this” but she doesn’t. 

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 5

On 1/17/2020 at 8:27 AM, Melissa1977 said:

I've travelled to some big European cities with children. Two adults, two children. Great experience, but cities are exhausting and if you want the kids to enjoy it, it means dedication, patience and some budget, too. It's great to visit some monuments or walk panoramic neibourhoods, but only if you combine it with nice meals, parks, kids-friendly museums or activities etc

Yes. And I don't think this is going to happen. Abbie doesn't want to hang out in a playground in London, she wants to see Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament (I assume - I have no idea if this is considered Insta-worthy). Given the age range of the kids she'd be better off having some points where one parent takes the younger ones to the park to chill, and the other takes the older kids to somewhere. 

On 1/17/2020 at 8:27 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Also, she should go only to 1 area. I understand that she cannot go to Europe often, but if she wants to do such a long tour, she should go alone or just with the older kids.

She would do so much better basing herself in one area and doing shorter trips around it. If the trip is in fact only 10-14 days that is a lot of travelling for little to no real exposure to an area. Ticking off monuments and cities can be fun, but even without kids it can be really exhausting - and kids aren't usually that into monuments and museums unless they have good activities anyway. 

I am honestly wondering how even the flights are going to go - even relatively short flights can be difficult with kids. Is she planning on drugging them? Herself? Passing the baby off to the brother-dads in economy and sitting in First? Honestly, I can't imagine travelling with 8 kids to start with, let alone overseas.

• Upvote 11

10 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Honestly, I can't imagine travelling with 8 kids to start with, let alone overseas

Yes! And not to mention the dangers. I mean, she's going to touristic crowded places. I'm always worried about kids getting lost in that places. And as I said, we are 2 adults for 2 kids. I know her older children are very responsible, but still.

Also, if she's travelling in summer, it's very hot. Everytime she leaves the hotel, she needs water bottles and snacks for 10 people or to spend a lot of money in cafeterias. And a double stroller (or even a double stroller and a regular one, depending if her hotel is in the center or she is doing long public transportation commuting)!!! 

10 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

she wants to see Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament (I assume - I have no idea if this is considered Insta-worthy)

Sounds insta-boring haha. I see her in Portobello market pretending shopping as a fool, or visiting a fashionable café alone. Insta-places and, you know, you don't need to purchase tickets there.

Fortunately there are free museums in London, some are interesting for kids. Maybe Shaun can take the kids there. Or go by themselves, poor children!

• Upvote 2

She gave herself a goose egg by walking into a weight bar at the gym while checking FB.  

#putthephonedownbraggie  #reallifeisactuallynice

Also, apparently we're supposed to be impressed that she's made her bed 10 days in a row.

I wonder what discipline the kids get for not making their beds.  

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

She gave herself a goose egg by walking into a weight bar at the gym while checking FB.  

#putthephonedownbraggie  #reallifeisactuallynice

Also, apparently we're supposed to be impressed that she's made her bed 10 days in a row.

I wonder what discipline the kids get for not making their beds.  

Wow, I, an actual atheist without 17 kids am not impressed with 10 days. If I didn't make my bed, my whole day would feel off, my house would feel messy, etc. I've never not made my bed since the teen years. It centers me and starts my day off on the right foot like emptying the dishwasher, teeth brushing, and any other daily routine. Find something else to brag about, B. Goodness gracious, a 30 something making the bed is a given. Now please do something about all the wallpaper and ugly patterns in your home, I can't look at your instagram because of it, bleh. Her taste is just yikes to me. Also her beliefs. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Wow, I, an actual atheist without 17 kids am not impressed with 10 days. If I didn't make my bed, my whole day would feel off, my house would feel messy, etc. I've never not made my bed since the teen years. It centers me and starts my day off on the right foot like emptying the dishwasher, teeth brushing, and any other daily routine. Find something else to brag about, B. Goodness gracious, a 30 something making the bed is a given. Now please do something about all the wallpaper and ugly patterns in your home, I can't look at your instagram because of it, bleh. Her taste is just yikes to me. Also her beliefs. 

I couldn’t  decide between love and agree, but I do 100% agree with everything you wrote in this post. I cant recall ever not making the bed. Even my kids, who are now adults, make their beds. its how the day starts.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Why look, Braggie is now posting about abortion. She ended it by saying it’s not a debate and no one will change her mind. 

C5E46613-8096-4CE9-87BB-A173C84FD912.jpeg

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Why look, Braggie is now posting about abortion. She ended it by saying it’s not a debate and no one will change her mind. 

GREAT. Now the reverse also applies. Her mind cant be changed, and on this issue, the same could be said for most people, so why is she attempting to change anyone else’s mind? No debate for you AH, and the same could be said for most others. Not your body, not your choice, there’s no debate in that fact. IMO, having kid after kid that you barely tolerate and have “others” around to parent is beyond evil! Stones and glasshouses, AH.

• Upvote 13

Just now, SassyPants said:

GREAT. Now the reverse also applies. Her mind cant be changed, and on this issue, the same could be said for most people, so why is she attempting to change anyone else’s mind? No debate for you AH, and the same could be said for most others. Not your body, not your choice, there’s no debate in that fact. IMO, having kid after kid that you barely tolerate and have “others” around to parent is beyond evil! Stones and glasshouses, AH.

There is literally nothing she could ever say to change my mind on being pro-choice. I’ve actually had people debate me on it. Not once has anyone given an argument that actually made me waver in the least little bit. She lives a life that makes me very glad I’m totally sure in my pro-choice beliefs. She’s so obviously unhappy having more kids than she ever wanted. 

• Upvote 11

54 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There is literally nothing she could ever say to change my mind on being pro-choice. I’ve actually had people debate me on it. Not once has anyone given an argument that actually made me waver in the least little bit. She lives a life that makes me very glad I’m totally sure in my pro-choice beliefs. She’s so obviously unhappy having more kids than she ever wanted. 

This is my belief system too. There are just too many what ifs/ conditions that might come into play, which requires women to have choices.

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

"One of the greatest evils". OK. Has she ever posted about the number of homeless children in the US? How about the children being separated from their parents and held in immigration detention? How about the children in the foster care system? Has she ever volunteered to help a family who have a child with high level needs? Or anyone? 

STFU with the blatant virtue signalling Abbie, and if you really want to show that you're "pro-Life"? Get out there and help the already born children and their families who need it. 

• Upvote 13

9 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

"One of the greatest evils". OK. Has she ever posted about the number of homeless children in the US? How about the children being separated from their parents and held in immigration detention? How about the children in the foster care system? Has she ever volunteered to help a family who have a child with high level needs? Or anyone? 

STFU with the blatant virtue signalling Abbie, and if you really want to show that you're "pro-Life"? Get out there and help the already born children and their families who need it. 

In terms of helping other (LMFAO), she cant even take care of her own kids without her mother’s continual, consistent M-F help, and the extra hands her oldest 3 kids provide.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Virtue signaling at its finest. This is a white woman who has had (to the best of our knowledge) only healthy successful pregnancies and who lives in a bubble of upper middle class ideology. She's had access to a good education and has never been poor or homeless. Her biggest struggle, having 8 kids, is of her own making. None of her children face food insecurity and I'm positive that they all own warm coats. From all appearances she has a healthy support system of family and friends.

No one has the right to put laws on a woman's body but least of all a person like Abbie who has blissfully never seen the worst that life has to offer. So go on Abbie, pat yourself on the back for your morally superior choice, you sanctimonious insufferable bitch. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 3

• 2 weeks later...

Abby hasn't posted anything about puppies, so I take it Ruby didn't get pregnant (thank goodness). Or Abby got so much flack for irresponsible breeding that she decided not to post about it. But since she lives for attention, both good and bad, I don't think the latter option likely ? 
Anyway, good for Ruby and good for the dad-brothers that there is no puppy litter for them to take care of.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Marly said:

Or Abby got so much flack for irresponsible breeding that she decided not to post about it.

I think this is probably it.  For awhile there, the dog was a regular feature, then...poof, no sign of her for ages.  Braggie only posts what gets her the most positive responses/ego-stroking.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

I think this is probably it.  For awhile there, the dog was a regular feature, then...poof, no sign of her for ages.  Braggie only posts what gets her the most positive responses/ego-stroking.

That was the entire reason for breeding her in the first place. Attention. 

• Upvote 5

She could easily pray for people contemplating abortions without soliciting opportunities to send them judgy DMs

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic