IGNORED

M is for Mama 5: Praying for Lunch

Coconut Flan

10 hours ago, anachronistic said:

Of course they do operation Christmas child, aka, operation waste money, confuse a child who may already be Christian and doesn’t need your crap while imparting cultural ideas that may not be what they want and forcing your particular special Christianity on them.

I swear it’s become the godly thing to do amongst fundies and evangelicals. They can’t just do OCC. They also have to post about it. And how it teaches their children so much. Because you know that’s all that matters. Teaching their children. Who cares about the repercussions the crap they sent has. As long as their kid learns something and they can brag about it on social media!

• Upvote 9

You know what it would be good to teach your kids? That it’s important to help people who need help, full stop. Maybe fill a few local wish lists through your local police department or department of child services. Go to Walmart and pay off toys in layaway. Donate to a women’s crisis shelter. Don’t toss some shit in a shoebox so a Muslim kid in Lebanon gets a Barbie and a Bible pamphlet and tell yourself you’re helping.
And do it YEAR ROUND, because people need help year round.
Don’t toss crap in a shoebox and tell yourself that you’re teaching your kids an important lesson.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 6

7 minutes ago, bea said:

You know what it would be good to teach your kids? That it’s important to help people who need help, full stop. Maybe fill a few local wish lists through your local police department or department of child services. Go to Walmart and pay off toys in layaway. Donate to a women’s crisis shelter. Don’t toss some shit in a shoebox so a Muslim kid in Lebanon gets a Barbie and a Bible pamphlet and tell yourself you’re helping.
And do it YEAR ROUND, because people need help year round.
Don’t toss crap in a shoebox and tell yourself that you’re teaching your kids an important lesson.

The Bateses, Duggars, Maxwell’s, and Braggie have all now bragged about doing OCC on social media. They are all patting themselves on the back for doing practically nothing. But that’s the fundie way, right?

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Remember the folks being referenced belong to religious organizations that do not believe that actions matter. In fact, thinking you can attain salvation via your actions is in direct conflict to these folks’ beliefs. The only earthly mission for these folks is to constantly and continually affirm their belief in JC as the only, true creator and savior. In light of this, I’m not sure why stuffing shoe boxes at Christmas time is blog worthy for one Christian of this ilk, let alone multiple individuals. It’s as if all these people work off 1 central template.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

It’s as if all these people work off 1 central template

That’s a succinct way of explaining fundies to people. That’s why anyone straying from the norm is so interesting to us FJerites.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Braggie is back with nothing special or noteworthy to brag about but that doesn't stop her. How can one person be so self absorbed? 

"I haven't washed my hair in 10 days (I think it's a record?), my mums are more than mostly dead, and my pants (which are basically culottes...my homeschooled 12-year-old self is so proud right now) stretched out from when I put them on this morning, and now I'm worried I walked around with a .02" sliver of ghostly white belly hanging out at church all morning. But, considering the ridiculously CUTE bunch I'm surrounded by, what can I do but grin my face off?

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 4

5 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Braggie is back with nothing special or noteworthy to brag about but that doesn't stop her. How can one person be so self absorbed? 

"I haven't washed my hair in 10 days (I think it's a record?), my mums are more than mostly dead, and my pants (which are basically culottes...my homeschooled 12-year-old self is so proud right now) stretched out from when I put them on this morning, and now I'm worried I walked around with a .02" sliver of ghostly white belly hanging out at church all morning. But, considering the ridiculously CUTE bunch I'm surrounded by, what can I do but grin my face off?

I will never understand her obsession with bragging about how dirty her hair is. Sis, just take a shower. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

She has 2 brother dads who can watch the sibs for 20 minutes while she showers and washes her hair. Perhaps Shaun could play dad for a while after dinner so Braggie could bathe.

-- Or better yet, get up a little earlier Braggie and wash your filthy hair.

10 days!! That's disgusting.

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I just think it’s strange to brag about something like that. Is she trying to be relatable? Is she fishing for complements? For example, she wants people to say, “your hair looks amazing for not washing it for 10 days!” I honestly don’t have an issue with her not washing her hair for 10 days as long as it doesn’t smell. If she wants dirty hair, it doesn’t affect anyone but her. Unlike many of her other life choices.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

I've got it - she could name her wanna-be future book after that currently popular one "Girl, Wash Your Face."  

"Girl, WASH YOUR HAIR!"

On a related note, a BAPTIST news outlet posted an article about how OCC is not so great.  Baby steps.  

https://baptistnews.com/article/stuffing-shoe-boxes-for-the-worlds-poor-maybe-you-should-reconsider/?fbclid=IwAR33aWMjp-pdaKKQukaE7142m_T6Rx45tjAnKl1Ce9cpm04zGLDc5BRLNBc#.XdPqwFdKi73

• Upvote 12

12 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

I've got it - she could name her wanna-be future book after that currently popular one "Girl, Wash Your Face."  

"Girl, WASH YOUR HAIR!"

On a related note, a BAPTIST news outlet posted an article about how OCC is not so great.  Baby steps.  

https://baptistnews.com/article/stuffing-shoe-boxes-for-the-worlds-poor-maybe-you-should-reconsider/?fbclid=IwAR33aWMjp-pdaKKQukaE7142m_T6Rx45tjAnKl1Ce9cpm04zGLDc5BRLNBc#.XdPqwFdKi73

It’s definitely baby steps since it seems to be so ubiquitous amongst the “look at me!” Christians. I doubt they will stop anytime soon. Unless there is another Christian charity that becomes popular and gives the person the same amount of smug satisfaction as sending a bunch of crap in a box halfway across the world. 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

-- Or better yet, get up a little earlier Braggie and wash your filthy hair.

10 days!! That's disgusting.

I hate washing my hair. It's such a process. I wash mine 2, maybe 3, times a week.  I would never, ever, ever go 10 days. That IS disgusting! Especially since she works out every day!

I imagine her hair is pretty thick and takes a long time to dry, which might be why she doesn't wash it often. So, here's another idea: cut like 12 inches off it! It'll take less time to wash AND dry!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

The problem with 10 day old hair is that it's going to smell and unfortunately the owner of the hair probably won't smell it. I have hair to my waist and I just can't wash it every day. It's heavy and takes forever to dry so I wash every 3-4 days. On day 4 my hair isn't exactly the freshest so thats the day it gets braided.

I'm sorry but 10 days is nasty when you have that much hair. TX is a warm state and there's no way that girlfriend isn't sweating when she exercises. I hope she changes her pillowcase nightly.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Yeah. My hair is super thick, shoulder-length.. I wash it once or twice a week but rinse it through daily (because sweat, ew!) I only can handle this regimen because I currently use no styling products. I couldn't do it otherwise.

Thinning it, layers and short were the best beauty decisions of my life.

Cut it. Ladies. Your crown of glory will be so much more glorious when it suits your countenance.

Long hair worship in religion is so stupid. Useless suffering.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Yeah. My hair is super thick, shoulder-length.. I wash it once or twice a week but rinse it through daily (because sweat, ew!) I only can handle this regimen because I currently use no styling products. I couldn't do it otherwise.

Thinning it, layers and short were the best beauty decisions of my life.

Cut it. Ladies. Your crown of glory will be so much more glorious when it suits your countenance.

I have very average thickness. It’s not thick or thin. Just right in between. But I will never have long hair again. You know those Facebook memories that come up each day? Mine was from about a decade ago and my status update said I knew I needed a haircut. Because I’d just got my hair caught in my car door ? It is just so much extra work and hassle for me to have long hair. So it will go as long as a few inches past my shoulders and then I’ll get a cut. Life is just easier for me with shorter hair.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

She's had it short before, so I'm not sure why she's letting it get soooo long right now. In her "about me" section of her blog, it's above her shoulders and looks 1000% better in my opinion. It's bouncy and not weighing her down.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have very average thickness. It’s not thick or thin. Just right in between. But I will never have long hair again. You know those Facebook memories that come up each day? Mine was from about a decade ago and my status update said I knew I needed a haircut. Because I’d just got my hair caught in my car door ? It is just so much extra work and hassle for me to have long hair. So it will go as long as a few inches past my shoulders and then I’ll get a cut. Life is just easier for me with shorter hair.

This is so interesting to me because I have extremely thick hair with a fair amount of texture and long hair is way lower maintenance for me. When it is short I have to heat style it and put product every day just to get it to look presentable. Otherwise it sticks up and out all over the place. At least when it’s long I can just tie it back or braid it. But I don’t think I would have waist length hair again. That was way too heavy.

So I guess I’m gross but I’ve probably gone 10 days without washing my hair before. In my defense, like I said, I have extremely thick hair that takes about an hour to blow dry, nevermind air drying. Air drying can take up to two days in high humidity. And my hair doesn’t get super oily anymore because my scalp is just used to producing less oil. I’m ready for a wash now but it’s been about 4 days I think. HOWEVER, I never go that long in between washes if I’m also working out regularly. Those long stretches happen usually when I’m busy or sick and can’t do to much physical activity. If I’ve been exercising the longest I can stand without a wash is two days. Three if it’s winter and I’m using a good dry shampoo and wearing a hat. If she’s exercising daily then yeah, that’s nasty. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Hashtag Blessed said:

This is so interesting to me because I have extremely thick hair with a fair amount of texture and long hair is way lower maintenance for me. When it is short I have to heat style it and put product every day just to get it to look presentable. Otherwise it sticks up and out all over the place. At least when it’s long I can just tie it back or braid it. But I don’t think I would have waist length hair again. That was way too heavy.

So I guess I’m gross but I’ve probably gone 10 days without washing my hair before. In my defense, like I said, I have extremely thick hair that takes about an hour to blow dry, nevermind air drying. Air drying can take up to two days in high humidity. And my hair doesn’t get super oily anymore because my scalp is just used to producing less oil. I’m ready for a wash now but it’s been about 4 days I think. HOWEVER, I never go that long in between washes if I’m also working out regularly. Those long stretches happen usually when I’m busy or sick and can’t do to much physical activity. If I’ve been exercising the longest I can stand without a wash is two days. Three if it’s winter and I’m using a good dry shampoo and wearing a hat. If she’s exercising daily then yeah, that’s nasty. 

See my texture is weird. I have a mix of texture all over my head. I wish my hair would just pick one texture. 

2 hours ago, therulesofjinx said:

She's had it short before, so I'm not sure why she's letting it get soooo long right now. In her "about me" section of her blog, it's above her shoulders and looks 1000% better in my opinion. It's bouncy and not weighing her down.

I think it’s pretty likely she will eventually cut it off and donate it to a charity. She will make a huge production out of it and brag about how generous she is to donate her beautiful hair to make wigs for children with cancer. Because if Braggie does anything for anyone else, she must tell the world.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

@bea I saw that! Finally! Am I remembering that she said she thought it ended up being like 12 days??? Do you care to share what else she blathered on about in the gazillion stories she posted? I watched the first one where she talked about her hair, but I can't stand her voice and smug attitude so I skipped right on past the rest of her stories. Didn't want to give her extra views, anyway.

Edited by therulesofjinx
Added something I forgot to mention the first time!
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I got to the “I WASHED NY HAAAAAIR YOU GUYS” and started laughing. She was nattering on about how sooooo many people want her advice on what to do with their kids doing Things That Are Bad and that’s when I stopped watching. Having eight kids doesn’t make you a good parent.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, bea said:

I got to the “I WASHED NY HAAAAAIR YOU GUYS” and started laughing. She was nattering on about how sooooo many people want her advice on what to do with their kids doing Things That Are Bad and that’s when I stopped watching. Having eight kids doesn’t make you a good parent.

I’ve come to the opposite conclusion! I think she would have been a much better parent to 3 kids. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

On 11/18/2019 at 9:42 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Is she trying to be relatable? Is she fishing for complements?

Why not both?

The longer I look at her Instagram, the sadder I get for her kids :(

• Upvote 3

Abbie made a post about Della's 9th B-day. What 9 year old is label obsessed? Can you just stop being an asshole for one day? Consider it a gift to the birthday child.

"I love that you came downstairs to breakfast this morning in your "old-fashioned," "new" dress from Goodwill. You couldn't care less about name brands or what's popular. You are true to your old soul, and it is inspiring to see."

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie made a post about Della's 9th B-day. What 9 year old is label obsessed? Can you just stop being an asshole for one day? Consider it a gift to the birthday child.

"I love that you came downstairs to breakfast this morning in your "old-fashioned," "new" dress from Goodwill. You couldn't care less about name brands or what's popular. You are true to your old soul, and it is inspiring to see."

I’ve only come across one label obsessed 9 year old and she was just emulating her label obsessed mother. It’s amazing that Della isn’t obsessed with Anthro clothes like Braggie.

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic