• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Maintenance Coming Read more... ×
Coconut Flan

M is for Mama 5: Praying for Lunch

3splenty
On 12/2/2019 at 11:19 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

My tree looks a hot mess. There are like 5 ornaments on one branch and big gaps where there isn’t a single ornament. It’s full of homemade ornaments that are quite messy looking because they were made by a preschooler. But my kids had a blast decorating it. They love it. It makes me happy that decorating makes them happy. We will have a perfect tree when they are teens and they think decorating a tree is “lame” or “boring.” 

And then you'll realize your tree was always perfect.  ❤

Wine time!
Snarkasarus Rex

The elf is the bane of our existence.  We set an alarm in the morning to remind ourselves that it needs to be moved before Baby gets up.  
I may or may not have forgotten to move the elf one time....

09B769A8-F29A-4A1E-9FC9-C422A689286F.thumb.jpeg.4080c8ba03c65a171c0357a7b134638f.jpeg

Meh
AliceInFundyland

I like Christmas.

I like kids.

I've been hanging out with you people for years now and this is the first time I've heard of "the elf"

I could write a five paragraph essay about freaking meconium.

Neither of them sounds like a fun time.

Wasn’t Santa enough? Or that nice Jesus guy? I am completely unimpressed with the parenting duo that generated this scheme and foisted this trap on all of you. My condolences.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

Waffle Time
Hane

I hate that pervy-looking Elf on the Shelf with the fire of a thousand suns. 
However, if these cute little Kindness Elves had been around when my child was little, I’d have been all about them!

JermajestyDuggar

Braggie’s latest post is longer than shit and I can’t screen shot it. But it’s so typical Braggie. Go take a look for yourself so you all can barf in your mouths. 

SassyPants
11 hours ago, mhainlen said:

I’ve seen some great FB posts where the parents show the elf with a broken leg and say that he has to stay in the same place for 6 weeks.  Or that he had a concussion and was on bed rest, etc. Lets you put the elf out, give it a good story, and then forget about it until next year.  

Passing this on to my daughter.

Has anyone seen the elf encased in an ice cube with the Frozen Queen (Anna? Elsa?) pointing at it? 

Happy
ViolaSebastian

Time for my once-a-year posting of the most hilarious article ever:

"The Elf of the Shelf is Preparing Your Child to Live in a Future Police State, Professor Warns."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2014/12/16/the-elf-on-the-shelf-is-preparing-your-child-to-live-in-a-future-police-state-professor-says/

TuringMachine

The #economicsofeternity are evident in Nature itself. A plant must die before it produces good fruit. If it stays alive, it stays alone. God did that on purpose

I'm not a botanist, but that doesn't sound right to me. Pretty sure that lemon tree in my parents yard produces perfectly good lemons while being alive.

Waffle Time
catlady
9 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

I'm not a botanist, but that doesn't sound right to me. Pretty sure that lemon tree in my parents yard produces perfectly good lemons while being alive.

likewise for my tomato plants; they produce well in the summer then they're alive, but once the cold weather hits and they die, I don't get any more tomatoes.

PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea
23 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

You are much more educated that Smug-About-Her-Homeschooling-Upbringing Abbie, that's for sure!

Some plants do put out a bunch of seeds just before they die. Many do not. I'm guessing Abbie got this pearl of wisdom from an Instagram quote of a Fundigelical preacher and took it for her own.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

JermajestyDuggar

So Braggie will be giving up here weekly date nights with her husband? 

C0D3BCD3-F872-49E7-94BC-7C49592AECC6.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 3

SassyPants
1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So Braggie will be giving up here weekly date nights with her husband? 

C0D3BCD3-F872-49E7-94BC-7C49592AECC6.jpeg

Bwahhh. Surely you jest. She fills her cup from her mother’s vessel.

JermajestyDuggar
45 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Bwahhh. Surely you jest. She fills her cup from her mother’s vessel.

Right? She fills her fucking cup until it overflows. And then brags about how hard her life is even though she chose to have 8 kids. I say this all the time but she is INSUFFERABLE.

SuperNova

It's not surprising that she doubled down. There is literally zero chance of a permanent way out for Abbie. After 8 kids there is no going back to the kind of alone time and self care that a narcissistic person like Abbie needs to recharge her batteries. No matter what she still has to go home eventually. 

For all practical intents and purposes, Abbie is a single parent stuck at home day in and day out whether she wants to be or not. She's deeply unhappy and needs to give meaning to her misery so she's latched on to this idea that she needs to spiritually "die" and seek happiness in sacrifice. I have a sneaky suspicion that she's doing her damndest to stave off a major depressive episode. All this shit she's spouting to bolster herself up reads like a person who's drowning and that's genuinely sad...for the kids. She's in a prison of her own making and the children will be the ones to pay for it.

JermajestyDuggar
1 minute ago, SuperNova said:

It's not surprising that she doubled down. There is literally zero chance of a permanent way out for Abbie. After 8 kids there is no going back to the kind of alone time and self care that a narcissistic person like Abbie needs to recharge her batteries. No matter what she still has to go home eventually. 

For all practical intents and purposes, Abbie is a single parent stuck at home day in and day out whether she wants to be or not. She's deeply unhappy and needs to give meaning to her misery so she's latched on to this idea that she needs to spiritually "die" and seek happiness in sacrifice. I have a sneaky suspicion that she's doing her damndest to stave off a major depressive episode. All this shit she's spouting to bolster herself up reads like a person who's drowning and that's genuinely sad...for the kids. She's in a prison of her own making and the children will be the ones to pay for it.

But she has a lot of help. She’s not actually with all 8 kids for 24 hours a day. She finds escape everywhere. She gets away from her kids when she teaches her exercise classes. She escapes when her mother homeschools her children. She escapes every Thursday night for date night. She escapes when they do homeschool coop. She escapes when her mother takes her children for weekends. She escapes when Braggie and Shaun go on little vacations. She escapes when Ezra is the designated other parent inthe house. She has way more “me time” than any other mother of 8 kids I’ve ever seen. 

SuperNova
1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But she has a lot of help. She’s not actually with all 8 kids for 24 hours a day. 

I get that but what I'm saying is that nothing feels like an escape when you always have to go back to the place you don't actually want to be. 

JermajestyDuggar
6 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I get that but what I'm saying is that nothing feels like an escape when you always have to go back to the place you don't actually want to be. 

Oh I see. Yes, that makes sense. 

kesmom

The baby is 1 right? She’s either dreading the next one or already pregnant. 

JermajestyDuggar
10 hours ago, kesmom said:

The baby is 1 right? She’s either dreading the next one or already pregnant. 

The baby won’t be one until January. Braggie seems to have gaps around 2 years. So I really hope she’s not pregnant yet. Ezra needs a break.