IGNORED

M is for Mama 5: Praying for Lunch

Coconut Flan

On 12/2/2019 at 11:19 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

My tree looks a hot mess. There are like 5 ornaments on one branch and big gaps where there isn’t a single ornament. It’s full of homemade ornaments that are quite messy looking because they were made by a preschooler. But my kids had a blast decorating it. They love it. It makes me happy that decorating makes them happy. We will have a perfect tree when they are teens and they think decorating a tree is “lame” or “boring.” 

And then you'll realize your tree was always perfect.  ❤

• Upvote 3
  • Love 10

The elf is the bane of our existence.  We set an alarm in the morning to remind ourselves that it needs to be moved before Baby gets up.  
I may or may not have forgotten to move the elf one time....

09B769A8-F29A-4A1E-9FC9-C422A689286F.thumb.jpeg.4080c8ba03c65a171c0357a7b134638f.jpeg

• Haha 12

I like Christmas.

I like kids.

I've been hanging out with you people for years now and this is the first time I've heard of "the elf"

I could write a five paragraph essay about freaking meconium.

Neither of them sounds like a fun time.

Wasn’t Santa enough? Or that nice Jesus guy? I am completely unimpressed with the parenting duo that generated this scheme and foisted this trap on all of you. My condolences.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

Braggie’s latest post is longer than shit and I can’t screen shot it. But it’s so typical Braggie. Go take a look for yourself so you all can barf in your mouths. 

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, mhainlen said:

I’ve seen some great FB posts where the parents show the elf with a broken leg and say that he has to stay in the same place for 6 weeks.  Or that he had a concussion and was on bed rest, etc. Lets you put the elf out, give it a good story, and then forget about it until next year.  

Passing this on to my daughter.

Has anyone seen the elf encased in an ice cube with the Frozen Queen (Anna? Elsa?) pointing at it? 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

Time for my once-a-year posting of the most hilarious article ever:

"The Elf of the Shelf is Preparing Your Child to Live in a Future Police State, Professor Warns."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2014/12/16/the-elf-on-the-shelf-is-preparing-your-child-to-live-in-a-future-police-state-professor-says/

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The #economicsofeternity are evident in Nature itself. A plant must die before it produces good fruit. If it stays alive, it stays alone. God did that on purpose

I'm not a botanist, but that doesn't sound right to me. Pretty sure that lemon tree in my parents yard produces perfectly good lemons while being alive.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

I'm not a botanist, but that doesn't sound right to me. Pretty sure that lemon tree in my parents yard produces perfectly good lemons while being alive.

likewise for my tomato plants; they produce well in the summer then they're alive, but once the cold weather hits and they die, I don't get any more tomatoes.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

You are much more educated that Smug-About-Her-Homeschooling-Upbringing Abbie, that's for sure!

Some plants do put out a bunch of seeds just before they die. Many do not. I'm guessing Abbie got this pearl of wisdom from an Instagram quote of a Fundigelical preacher and took it for her own.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So Braggie will be giving up here weekly date nights with her husband? 

C0D3BCD3-F872-49E7-94BC-7C49592AECC6.jpeg

Bwahhh. Surely you jest. She fills her cup from her mother’s vessel.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

45 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Bwahhh. Surely you jest. She fills her cup from her mother’s vessel.

Right? She fills her fucking cup until it overflows. And then brags about how hard her life is even though she chose to have 8 kids. I say this all the time but she is INSUFFERABLE.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

It's not surprising that she doubled down. There is literally zero chance of a permanent way out for Abbie. After 8 kids there is no going back to the kind of alone time and self care that a narcissistic person like Abbie needs to recharge her batteries. No matter what she still has to go home eventually. 

For all practical intents and purposes, Abbie is a single parent stuck at home day in and day out whether she wants to be or not. She's deeply unhappy and needs to give meaning to her misery so she's latched on to this idea that she needs to spiritually "die" and seek happiness in sacrifice. I have a sneaky suspicion that she's doing her damndest to stave off a major depressive episode. All this shit she's spouting to bolster herself up reads like a person who's drowning and that's genuinely sad...for the kids. She's in a prison of her own making and the children will be the ones to pay for it.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, SuperNova said:

It's not surprising that she doubled down. There is literally zero chance of a permanent way out for Abbie. After 8 kids there is no going back to the kind of alone time and self care that a narcissistic person like Abbie needs to recharge her batteries. No matter what she still has to go home eventually. 

For all practical intents and purposes, Abbie is a single parent stuck at home day in and day out whether she wants to be or not. She's deeply unhappy and needs to give meaning to her misery so she's latched on to this idea that she needs to spiritually "die" and seek happiness in sacrifice. I have a sneaky suspicion that she's doing her damndest to stave off a major depressive episode. All this shit she's spouting to bolster herself up reads like a person who's drowning and that's genuinely sad...for the kids. She's in a prison of her own making and the children will be the ones to pay for it.

But she has a lot of help. She’s not actually with all 8 kids for 24 hours a day. She finds escape everywhere. She gets away from her kids when she teaches her exercise classes. She escapes when her mother homeschools her children. She escapes every Thursday night for date night. She escapes when they do homeschool coop. She escapes when her mother takes her children for weekends. She escapes when Braggie and Shaun go on little vacations. She escapes when Ezra is the designated other parent inthe house. She has way more “me time” than any other mother of 8 kids I’ve ever seen. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But she has a lot of help. She’s not actually with all 8 kids for 24 hours a day. 

I get that but what I'm saying is that nothing feels like an escape when you always have to go back to the place you don't actually want to be. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I get that but what I'm saying is that nothing feels like an escape when you always have to go back to the place you don't actually want to be. 

Oh I see. Yes, that makes sense. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, kesmom said:

The baby is 1 right? She’s either dreading the next one or already pregnant. 

The baby won’t be one until January. Braggie seems to have gaps around 2 years. So I really hope she’s not pregnant yet. Ezra needs a break. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Abbie’s post on a the dangers of self care made me lol. She’s kidding right? She’s like the poster child for self-care. She does all the things most people who talk about the need for self care struggle to make time for - she works out religiously, she teaches for fun, she delegates work to other people (cough reading while her kids do laundry cough), she takes time for romantic dates WEEKLY, she indulges and buys herself nice things for her house...what am I missing here? What aspect of self care is she missing out on? 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

Abbie’s post on a the dangers of self care made me lol. She’s kidding right? She’s like the poster child for self-care. She does all the things most people who talk about the need for self care struggle to make time for - she works out religiously, she teaches for fun, she delegates work to other people (cough reading while her kids do laundry cough), she takes time for romantic dates WEEKLY, she indulges and buys herself nice things for her house...what am I missing here? What aspect of self care is she missing out on? 

I honestly think Braggie’s idea of indulging in self care would be to never have to deal with her kids. Ever. She just hates motherhood that much. I think Braggie was raised to be a spoiled homeschool princess. She was BFFs with her mother and got a huge amount of attention from her. She likely got to do whatever she pleased. My guess is that because she never had to go to public school, she probably wasn’t ever forced to do things she didn’t want to do. Her mother was likely able to change any curriculum that Braggie didn’t like. Since her mom only had 2 kids to teach. I honestly think Braggie wouldn’t be such a princess if she had gone to public school. She would have had to get up early everyday, ride a bus, sit through boring classes, eat bland school lunches, and do plenty of homework. Braggie graduated from homeschool early because she didn’t have to deal with any of the bullshit we all had to deal with going to public school. It wasn’t because she’s smart. I am not trying to shit on homeschool or public school. I just think public school would have done a world of good for a fundie princess like Braggie. She would at least be a bit more self aware for fucks sake. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 2

Haha. Causing permanent scarring is hilarious. Sibling rivalry, amirite?  

"I distinctly remember doing schoolwork at a college library with my brother while my mom taught an English class. He was 12. I was 8. 
One day, Shae, who was my best frenemy and who absolutely loved getting a rise out of me (it wasn't hard; I was feisty), kept poking at me with a pair of scissors. 
We knew we couldn't be loud, so I remember hissing, "If you do that again, I will jab you in the leg with my pencil." He grinned. And did it again. 
So I jammed my pencil into his leg. #ididwarnhim
He still has a piece of graphite in his thigh to this day."

• WTF 8

21 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Haha. Causing permanent scarring is hilarious. Sibling rivalry, amirite?  

"I distinctly remember doing schoolwork at a college library with my brother while my mom taught an English class. He was 12. I was 8. 
One day, Shae, who was my best frenemy and who absolutely loved getting a rise out of me (it wasn't hard; I was feisty), kept poking at me with a pair of scissors. 
We knew we couldn't be loud, so I remember hissing, "If you do that again, I will jab you in the leg with my pencil." He grinned. And did it again. 
So I jammed my pencil into his leg. #ididwarnhim
He still has a piece of graphite in his thigh to this day."

It sounds like Braggie was the spoiled brat I imagined her to be as a child. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Yeah that’s freaking weird. What a psycopathic and calculated level of violence. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It sounds like Braggie was the spoiled brat I imagined her to be as a child. 

Agreed. She used the word "feisty" instead of brat. My daughter was a feisty kid growing up but that never included stabbing anyone. 

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic