IGNORED

John David and Abbie 9: Yet Another Baby Watch - Grace is Here!

Coconut Flan

JD and Abbie are definitely living in a trailer.  There is one that looks just like it down the road from me.

No way would my husband do my nails.  If would very messy very quickly.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe it’s a fake fireplace? They do make gas “fireplaces” that don’t need a real chimney. 

Actually I looked again and the maybe-fireplace I saw was in the place where the couples were being interviewed.  So yes, John and Abbie are living in what looks to be a very lovely trailer--2 bedrooms, probably? You can even see the hitch in front. I hope that they have some sort of outdoor deck or patio more than the little front stoop. 

Have we actually ever seen the "home" that JD got from the bank. It may have been this trailer all along. Or he could be still renting out that place. Or making further renovations on it.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Arkfundy said:

Is this the house he bought as rental property?

It isn’t the rental property, that house has brown siding. Although it could be on the same property.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Actually I looked again and the maybe-fireplace I saw was in the place where the couples were being interviewed.  So yes, John and Abbie are living in what looks to be a very lovely trailer--2 bedrooms, probably? You can even see the hitch in front. I hope that they have some sort of outdoor deck or patio more than the little front stoop. 

Have we actually ever seen the "home" that JD got from the bank. It may have been this trailer all along. Or he could be still renting out that place. Or making further renovations on it.

While it's much bigger than the RV Joy and Austin were living in, it's a single-wide mobile home, so 18 x 90 feet max. Those are generally a single bedroom plus kitchen, living/dining room and bathroom (or shower room plus toilet room). It's not going to be a huge space, but they seem to have plenty of room to move around and it does look pretty nicely finished inside with stacked washer/dryer near the bedroom, a dishwasher and full stove/oven in the kitchen, and all. It's quite a decent space for a newly-wed couple and even for a couple with a baby, but they're going to need more room soon if they plan to have multiple kids. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

My husband dyes my hair on a regular basis. It started off stressful with him unsure what to do and me screaming instructions at him, panicking that it would take too long and my hair burn off due to the delay.

Now he does a really good job at it, and we both enjoy it as a bonding experience. I wish he could do my nails as well, but I'm not sure I'm yet ready for the stressful first attempts.

I can't snark on a husband who is helping his wife out with her beauty regime, especially during pregnancy when it gets so much harder to reach certain parts of the body :)

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, SweetJuly said:

I can't snark on a husband who is helping his wife out with her beauty regime, especially during pregnancy when it gets so much harder to reach certain parts of the body :)

Except when Jill had Derick paint her toenails while everyone was getting ready for Jessa’s wedding to show off that she had a husband and they were going to have a baby. I’m still snarking on that.

Did we know before this episode that Abbie calls John David “John Boy”?

Edited by QuiverFullofBooks
ETA 2nd paragraph
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

Mr. May used to paint my nails. I'm a shaky person so often it was just neater when he did it. 

He also washed my hair a few times when I broke my wrist, that was far less enjoyable. 

I thought it was sweet that he did her nails, but less sweet when he explained it as "I went with her and watched, figured it looked easy and I could do it isntead of paying someone else to spend time with my wife.!" 

I love getting my nails done as a treat because it gets me out of the house for 90 minutes and I don't need to think about the 80 things on my to do list. You're not paying someone to spend time with your wife. You're paying for your wife to have a nice time out of the house. 

• Upvote 26
  • Love 1

That appears to be an older mobile home painted gray.  And from my semi expert eye maybe set on a pad or in a trailer park.  Not a shipping container and I’ve lived in similar

• Upvote 2

My husband used to paint my nails sometimes too. Though I did still go to the salon every so often it was a nice thing to do together. 

He was actually pretty good at it. He came to me with a bit of practice. The first time we were alone together and he was without shoes and socks I noticed he had glitter painted on both his big toes. It stuck me as odd that this 20 year old guy 9in the military, no less) would have glitter toe nails so I asked him about it. It turned out his little sister was 6 years old and when he was back home on leave he played nail salon with her and would paint her finger and toe nails. But he would only let her paint his big toes. Then, he would leave it on until it grew out. They continued the ritual until she was 12 or 13 and he carried it on with our kids when they were young. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 33

On 11/8/2019 at 8:09 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Probably something like this:

84ABB09E-482D-4443-ABC7-D872AC5B1F36.jpeg

Does it come in pink? You know, for girl airplanes. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 39
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Does it come in pink? You know, for girl airplanes. 

Bite your tongue! Airplanes can only be blue! She'd have to have a stewardess sleeper (done on purpose to feminize title) or a mommy plane.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

Wow, all your talk about airplanes makes me guess that... John David is a pilot. I am surprised, guys, very surprised. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Haha 18
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Bite your tongue! Airplanes can only be blue! She'd have to have a stewardess sleeper (done on purpose to feminize title) or a mommy plane.

Bite your tongue as well.   A stewardess is a woman with a job!   And she serves alcohol!  ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12
  • Love 2

Yeah but maybe she can serve grape juice instead and hand everyone a tract? Or better perform prayer or a mass christening while no one can escape. 

(Makes me think of a pastor we know. He goes swimming with some other pastors (male+female) from time to time. He joked, when there are three pastors in the pool with you at the same time, you are automatically christened.)

• Haha 17

7 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

oh no some of those uniforms are way to stylish and nike for any duggar girl to wear 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

I am a bit confused, why would they have a plane theme for their baby shoot?

Right? Why? You’d think one of them was a pilot or something. :shifty:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

Oy, they acted like Josiah wrote something “not G-rated” that Lauren made him erase, but instead of something mildly sexy it was probably something like “serve Lauren all meals and snacks in bed”

Edited by BadMurphy
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

I'm a nail tech. I want you all to know that we appreciate you choosing to come to visit us and sharing your lives with us!*

We're part nail beautifier and part actual therapist. ?

I thought John did a pretty good job with Abbie's nails, it was a little stressful to watch him doing the cuticles though. I thank him for taking her off her salon's books if she's going to want French polish every time; we all hate doing French. 

*Unless you're one of the rude asshole clients. 

Edited by HideousGreenShirt
Additional thought
  • Upvote 13
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 1

On 11/27/2019 at 2:32 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe it’s a fake fireplace? They do make gas “fireplaces” that don’t need a real chimney. 

I've seen trailers and modulars with real fire places.

Some are super nice!

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm always surprised by how many people aren't aware of "mobile" homes. We live in one. Its like 17x80 I think, we have 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, a large attached deck and patio, a carport, a 10x10 shed, a laundry room, etc. Its plenty of space for us two adults and our toddler and soon we'll be adding a newborn. The biggest downside is no basement so storage can get tricky (helps keep us from buying unnecessary stuff though), but we do know people who have purchased this type of home and placed it on a basement typically on land in the country. We live in a park and there's a variety of newer and older homes here so some are like John and Abbie's where they are smaller and metal but most are pretty modern looking. I actually grew up in a double wide and we had a living room, family room, 4 bedrooms, and an actual wood burning fireplace. Its not our forever home (if we had a basement and garage we would consider it though!) but its been a great starter home- renting a home of similar size and with similar features would cost us a couple hundred more per month at least and we aren't quite ready to buy a brick and mortar house yet. 

Pic of our house from the summer we moved in- the front garden bed is a lot fuller these days :) 

Spoiler

house.thumb.png.79c05fadd329cdffb497d23ee2b88801.png

• Upvote 36
  • Love 10

On 11/27/2019 at 12:51 PM, RosyDaisy said:

JD and Abbie are definitely living in a trailer.  There is one that looks just like it down the road from me.

No way would my husband do my nails.  If would very messy very quickly.  

I think they would take exception to you calling their Plane Hanger a trailer.   Because you know it has to be a plane hanger because JD is a PILOT and therefore it must be a hanger - because PILOTS and hangers, ya know? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

I think they would take exception to you calling their Plane Hanger a trailer.   Because you know it has to be a plane hanger because JD is a PILOT and therefore it must be a hanger - because PILOTS and hangers, ya know? 

Wait, JD’s a pilot??? When did that happen???

• Haha 13

Coming from Illinois, I'm terrified of trailers. It's been ingrained in me that you need to be tethered to a basement lol. I find it so interesting there are whole neighborhoods of neat mobile homes! Your house looks really cute! 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic