IGNORED

John David and Abbie 9: Yet Another Baby Watch - Grace is Here!

Coconut Flan

On 1/10/2020 at 9:22 AM, JustEnough said:

All the M kids are named for her though aren't they? I thought that was why they said they were going to use M for all of their kids first names. 

Josh did explain that he and Anna were going with M names a tribute to Michelle, it might even have been when he only had one Mbaby. He said that while his parents went with J as in Jim Bob, he and Anna were going to name all their babies with M as in Michelle.  6 for 6. 

However, TLC would like us to pretend Josh Duggar doesn't exist, so did he ever say it?  ?

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, shesinsane said:

Josh did explain that he and Anna were going with M names a tribute to Michelle, it might even have been when he only had one Mbaby. He said that while his parents went with J as in Jim Bob, he and Anna were going to name all their babies with M as in Michelle.  6 for 6. 

However, TLC would like us to pretend Josh Duggar doesn't exist, so did he ever say it?  ?

I thought it was on the "Today Show" when they found out Mackynzie was a girl that he said that?

• Upvote 2

On 1/10/2020 at 2:08 AM, KnittingOwl said:

It’s called Diclegis. It doesn’t work for everyone, but it worked well for me. I could actually keep small meals and liquids in my body. 

Diclegis was huge for me. I didn't have HG but I had "morning sickness" my entire pregnancy. I finally started taking Diclegis mid second trimester when was still throwing up every morning at work. I had to take it the entire time, I was still puking the morning i delivered. 

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like John and Abbie decided to keep most of the labor private. Good for them! You could tell Abbie was feeling very anxious getting closer to the due date. I just had my daughter 6 days ago and I can't imagine televising the whole shebang. Nobody wants/needs to see me at my most vulnerable. It's bad enough those poor nurses had to witness all my writhing and moaning (though I know they've seen it all). 

I felt bad that she kept having to go back and forth to the clinic plus getting sent home from the hospital for stalled labor. I was induced for both my kids so I've never labored at home but I imagine having to load up into the car multiple times while having contractions was pretty miserable. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 25

6 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

It looks like John and Abbie decided to keep most of the labor private. Good for them! You could tell Abbie was feeling very anxious getting closer to the due date. I just had my daughter 6 days ago and I can't imagine televising the whole shebang. Nobody wants/needs to see me at my most vulnerable. It's bad enough those poor nurses had to witness all my writhing and moaning (though I know they've seen it all). 

I felt bad that she kept having to go back and forth to the clinic plus getting sent home from the hospital for stalled labor. I was induced for both my kids so I've never labored at home but I imagine having to load up into the car multiple times while having contractions was pretty miserable. 

Congrats on your new baby!  Hope you're both doing well.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

John and Abbie's birth video is almost bearable, except for Michelle. There is absolutely no reason to fill a long video with painful labor. We know that's how babies arrive, without all the details of each and every labor. Possibly another sign of a bit of maturity on their part? Can you tell I'm old and think that labor should be a little private?

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

John and Abbie's birth video is almost bearable, except for Michelle. There is absolutely no reason to fill a long video with painful labor. We know that's how babies arrive, without all the details of each and every labor. Possibly another sign of a bit of maturity on their part? Can you tell I'm old and think that labor should be a little private?

Who is going to be the first DIL to say no to Michelle at the birth.   That they want their own mom/sisters/people with whom they're close, but not inlaws.  

If someone opts for none outside of spouse and staff she won't be nearly as offended as if the queen of birthing is exiled from her domain as others attend.

How close can these DIL even be to Michelle?  

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

How close can these DIL even be to Michelle?

Right. Possibly Anna, who likely needed Michelle during the time she lived with them, might be somewhat close to Michelle. Also, Anna joined the Duggars back when Michelle appeared to have a modicum of 'mothering' still left in her, giving Anna the chance to bond more with her. Otherwise I cannot see the in-laws developing a truly close relationship with Michelle.

Maybe one will pull an Alyssa some time. It made me chuckle when Kelly Jo was not allowed to go into the birthing room.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Bobology said:

Right. Possibly Anna, who likely needed Michelle during the time she lived with them, might be somewhat close to Michelle. Also, Anna joined the Duggars back when Michelle appeared to have a modicum of 'mothering' still left in her, giving Anna the chance to bond more with her. Otherwise I cannot see the in-laws developing a truly close relationship with Michelle.

Maybe one will pull an Alyssa some time. It made me chuckle when Kelly Jo was not allowed to go into the birthing room.

I was thinking that after I posted, I agree that Anna probably feels close to Michelle.

I haven't seen evidence that Michelle is capable of feeling close to anyone currently outside her uterus, so I doubt it's mutual...but Anna's neediness and then the scandal stuff I bet she clings to M like an annoying bible spouting barnacle.  

I did not know that about Alyssa - that's pretty great!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Anna was part of the family before Josie & Jubilee, and that probably made a big difference in bonding with Michelle, too. 

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Giraffe said:

Anna was part of the family before Josie & Jubilee, and that probably made a big difference in bonding with Michelle, too. 

You guys give Michelle more credit for ever having human emotions than I do.

I should try to be less curmudgeonly.

• Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

22 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

You guys give Michelle more credit for ever having human emotions than I do.

I should try to be less curmudgeonly.

To play devil’s advocate, I only said Anna bonding with Michelle.

Speculation ?

I’m not convinced Michelle bonds with much of anyone anymore.  But I could see Anna and Michelle having a much better bond than Michelle has with most others. Anna was the first in-law and Michelle probably had forked up expectations that Anna was rescuing Anna’s husband from himself. Michelle hadn’t gone through the pregnancy with Josie yet and the oldest girls ran the house which would’ve given Anna & Michelle lots of time to get to know each other. Anna strikes me as very needy of authority’s approval and doing whatever she thought she needed to to win it (even to her own detriment) so she probably was genuinely wonderful to have around during that time. She had just left her “close knit” family and willingly glommed onto the Duggars. 

Edited by Giraffe
Riffle
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

To play devil’s advocate, I only said Anna bonding with Michelle.

Speculation ?

I’m not convinced Michelle bonds with much of anyone anymore.  But I could see Anna and Michelle having a much better bond than Michelle has with most others. Anna was the first in-law and Michelle probably had forked up expectations that Anna was rescuing Anna’s husband from himself. Michelle hadn’t gone through the pregnancy with Josie yet and the oldest girls ran the house which would’ve given Anna & Michelle lots of time to get to know each other. Anna strikes me as very needy of authority’s approval and doing whatever she thought she needed to to win it (even to her own detriment) so she probably was genuinely wonderful to have around during that time. She had just left her “close knit” family and willingly glommed onto the Duggars. 

Furthermore, when Josh did stray and cheated, Anna went straight to the TTH and listened to her “advice” about staying with her golden son. Then had two more kids with him. Anna may need an authority, but Michelle needs everything to look fine. If she didn’t appreciate Anna for not making Josh’s disgrace “worse” by being the first divorced Duggar, then she’d be an even more awful human than she already is.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

As a cynic I think it’s more basic- the ones that depend financially for their comfortable lifestyles on JB &M gush about them - I wouldn’t be surprised if Anna & Turd are totally dependent apart from whatever Anna can make with ads on Instagram- even where they live & all the thrifting- rent, food, clothing & travel, plus medical costs for a family of 8 costs more than anyone is prepared to pay Josh. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

I hate to admit this... but after the birth, when Abbie's dad bent down and kissed her forehead:

*all the feels*

JD mentioning their house is only 660 sq ft and them trying to be "green" also struck me as kind of anti-Duggar-ish.  The cynic in me says that's not going to last long, but good for them for at least having a smidge of environmental awareness.  (Not that living in a teeny house makes up for the constant airplane usage, however.)

• Upvote 23
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

I always wondered if Anna didn't latch on to M & JB because she was so young when she married Josh, and Josh was so NOT mature enough to be married and a father and she needed someone to  help her deal with motherhood and how to deal with Josh. I always felt that Anna married Josh to help her parents out by removing another mouth to feed and clothe from their over crowded home.  

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, GutenbergGirl said:

JD mentioning their house is only 660 sq ft and them trying to be "green" also struck me as kind of anti-Duggar-ish.  The cynic in me says that's not going to last long, but good for them for at least having a smidge of environmental awareness.  (Not that living in a teeny house makes up for the constant airplane usage, however.)

I haven’t seen the birth special- so does JD give any examples of their ‘green’ lifestyle? For a Duggar that could mean using china plates and silverware. They use planes and a helicopter- I’ve never seen them use public transport.

maybe they mean wearing second hand clothes or sharing their bath water?! 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

sharing their bath water?! 

Have you seen JD?  No one could love the earth enough to use his bathwater.  I've never seen him where he didn't look like he was covered in a filthy sheen.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I always wondered if Anna didn't latch on to M & JB because she was so young when she married Josh, and Josh was so NOT mature enough to be married and a father and she needed someone to  help her deal with motherhood and how to deal with Josh. I always felt that Anna married Josh to help her parents out by removing another mouth to feed and clothe from their over crowded home.  

I always thought that too. I also think Anna’s parents saw stability when it came to the Duggar family. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I thought green (in the way he used it) meant Inexperienced. Like, this was their first time having everyone over at the same time and they were green (isn't green behind the ears another way to say it?) Anyway, that's how I took it. 

• I Agree 2

11 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

I thought green (in the way he used it) meant Inexperienced. Like, this was their first time having everyone over at the same time and they were green (isn't green behind the ears another way to say it?) Anyway, that's how I took it. 

Wet behind the ears.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, GutenbergGirl said:

I hate to admit this... but after the birth, when Abbie's dad bent down and kissed her forehead:

*all the feels*

I teared up a little, it so sweet. 

I watched the video where most of the family came to see Gracie, I noticed Austin came to see her but Joy wasn't there. I wonder if she's still having a hard time with all the little girls.  We've only seen her holding Bella at Christmas and she looked a little sad in that photo. I can't imagine having to be around all those little girls who where born when your little girl should have been born, it has got to be hard for her. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

45 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I teared up a little, it so sweet. 

I watched the video where most of the family came to see Gracie, I noticed Austin came to see her but Joy wasn't there. I wonder if she's still having a hard time with all the little girls.  We've only seen her holding Bella at Christmas and she looked a little sad in that photo. I can't imagine having to be around all those little girls who where born when your little girl should have been born, it has got to be hard for her. 

I think Joy is there. Towards the end when they are doing a family photo, I think she is standing near the door with Austin. She has her hair pulled back and wearing red shirt. It looked like her to me anyway.

• Upvote 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic