IGNORED

John David and Abbie 9: Yet Another Baby Watch - Grace is Here!

Coconut Flan

While I'm on a tear about the lack of hump. We're not even bothering with links to photos of the new babies. (Or did I miss it? )

Nothing more fun than the requisite page of BEC bow snark and no photo of baby fundie girl.?

Spoiler

1544568291_2020-01-0914_14_02.thumb.jpg.aaa86c3f49ca34d217ff127f87f54605.jpg

This is Baby Bowie Bird. He is pink and glittery and fabulous. And named after David Bowie because of Labyrinth, glitter, acid head boppy bird. Also Big Bird.

Gracie Annette I hope you find your way to Jim Henson or David Bowie one day wnen you hurt and they make you feel loved and special as God. They were his special children too.

Edited by AliceInFundyland
Liitle more
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 7

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I like the name and I guess now we are back to no known pregnant Duggars.... I wonder who is next?

Jinger, Joy, maybe Jill, 

• Upvote 4

Yes, they are similar and fairly trendy, common names, but isn’t that better than Spurgeon, Chloe with a K and an accent mark and Kolton?  After Spurgeon, I just hold my breath before each name is announced. They made us all wait a week+ and THAT’S the name that they chose? I really thought that they were joking. I know that I should move on, but I feel for that kid.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I like the name and I guess now we are back to no known pregnant Duggars.... I wonder who is next?

I think the next 'big announcement' will be a courtship.

I think Jinger and possibly Joy are pregnant. I struggle to speculate about Joy potentially being pregnant due to recent events but she was looking a little round in Jessa's Christmas video. I think Jill could announce Dillard #3 later this year too.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8

On 18 December 2019 at 11:48 PM, catlady said:

@Kaylo, it depends.  Most single wide and double wide “mobile homes” can be hauled via semi or professional movers to a home site in a park or on private land.  And frequently, they never move again; but they can be moved if necessary.  They don’t have wheels or hitches attached like smaller trailers, but they can still be picked up and carried away.  

There is a separate category of manufactured homes that are not mobile.  My cousin and her husband have lived in one since around 1990.  Its components were factory-built, transported to their land, then assembled on site over a concrete foundation.  The foundation is a crawl space rather than a full basement, but the house itself is a basic ranch plan and is not meant to be moved from its current location.  Since it was built so long ago, I no longer recall how it compares to a traditional mobile home, but they do not live in hurricane territory, and they have very low risk for tornadoes.  They do get high winds, but I’m pretty sure they’ve never had any significant storm damage.  

I think the house you are describing is what's called a Pre-fab in the Uk. Pre-fabricated in a factory then settled permenently on its concrete foundation. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

HG is miserable. It’s even harder the second time around when you have to take care of a child while you are also sick. I ended up waiting 6 years between pregnancies because of it. Got HG the second time too, although it was a little better given that there is an FDA-approved drug for it now. 

Is it Zofran? I was miserable sick each time, and for longer with each pregnancy. I think they finally gave me zofran for the last one, but it didn’t help a whole lot. IV zofran is MUCH more effective; maybe they do that if you end up hospitalized for HG. I had it when I was in the ER with a bad gallbladder, and it worked very well.

Kate Middleton had that same condition with all three of her pregnancies. I want to say it was so bad that she was hospitalized overnight with the first two. 

3 hours ago, Angelface said:

From the photos it appears that this was a hospital birth. I hope that Jill, Jessa and Joy take notice.

Could it have been because of her condition and  she really had no choice?  I just read the US weekly article and John David said she had seven weeks where she couldn't really do anything. They made multiple visits to the ER and she was hospitalized twice b/c she was dehydrated. 

Edited by dawn9476

4 hours ago, Jasmar said:

Is it Zofran? I was miserable sick each time, and for longer with each pregnancy. I think they finally gave me zofran for the last one, but it didn’t help a whole lot. IV zofran is MUCH more effective; maybe they do that if you end up hospitalized for HG. I had it when I was in the ER with a bad gallbladder, and it worked very well.

It’s called Diclegis. It doesn’t work for everyone, but it worked well for me. I could actually keep small meals and liquids in my body. 

I had Zofran during my first pregnancy. I agree that the IV form is much better! Oral didn’t work well for me. I had to take Phenergan. 

1 hour ago, dawn9476 said:

Could it have been because of her condition and  she really had no choice?  I just read the US weekly article and John David said she had seven weeks where she couldn't really do anything. They made multiple visits to the ER and she was hospitalized twice b/c she was dehydrated. 

I had it with both pregnancies, and it doesn’t automatically make you high risk. I would guess it’s more likely that Abbie felt more comfortable delivering in a hospital. I would if most of my SILs had complications that became emergencies. Or maybe she tried a home birth and had to be transferred. 

• Upvote 4

I like the name Grace, lovely and normal. And I like the nickname Gracie, and how they went for the full name on the birth certificate instead of the nickname version. I don't really like the middle name Annette, but I understand why it's there. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

7 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

I think the house you are describing is what's called a Pre-fab in the Uk. Pre-fabricated in a factory then settled permenently on its concrete foundation. 

They're called pre-fabs here, too. We lived in one in Alaska. Several years ago in Alabama I was the secretary for a mobile home dealer who also offered a separate line of pre-fab homes people could order. They weren't as popular though, which I found interesting since this is Tornado Alley.

• Upvote 2

In the Baby Name Thread someone pointed out that they basically named the baby Grace Grace (or Grace Gracie) since Annette is a nickname for Anna which derives from the Hebrew word for "grace".

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

Could it be possible that Abbie loved the name Annette before she knew it was Michelle's name?  My sister is named one of my mom's favorite (rather unusual) names that happens to be a common family name on my dad's side.  The Burnetts could never use Annette (Annette Burnett is quite the rhyme), so maybe Abbie filed it away as something she wanted to use once she had a different last name. :confusion-shrug:

• Upvote 5

If Michelle is the most Godly mother and role model that  the 2nd generation Duggars so often profess, I am shocked that it’s taken this long for ONE OF THESE COUPLES to name their daughter after the best mother ever! I thought Jinger or Jessa would have done the honor, but Nah.... 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

If Michelle is the most Godly mother and role model that  the 2nd generation Duggars so often profess, I am shocked that it’s taken this long for ONE OF THESE COUPLES to name their daughter after the best mother ever! I thought Jinger or Jessa would have done the honor, but Nah.... 

All the M kids are named for her though aren't they? I thought that was why they said they were going to use M for all of their kids first names. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, JustEnough said:

All the M kids are named for her though aren't they? I thought that was why they said they were going to use M for all of their kids first names. 

Yet no Michelle, which is better than Mack or even MaryElla, although I do love the honor for GMM. I love naming kids after someone in the family.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Yet no Michelle, which is better than Mack or even MaryElla, although I do love the honor for GMM. I love naming kids after someone in the family.

Me too ❤️ All three of our small humans have three names (plus surname) and all nine names were carefully chosen and eight are directly chosen for family members. The ninth (Small Human #3's first name) was a special favourite of my partner so it got a pass ?

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, JustEnough said:

Before I even knew much about the Duggars, I thought this was a very nice thing to do, since JB and Michelle honored Jim Bob with all the J names. That was, also, before we found out quite how much of a terrible person Josh is. I thought it was kind of obnoxious for all the kids to have J names, when only one parent has a J name. I know a family who named all their kids names starting with "P", but both the parents had names starting with "P" also!

I like the name Grace Annette, it's pretty and classic and unlikely to cause the kid any stress. I hope she feels loved, lives a happy life, gets to dream big (and reach for those dreams), and only has one or two siblings at most. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Before I even knew much about the Duggars, I thought this was a very nice thing to do, since JB and Michelle honored Jim Bob with all the J names. That was, also, before we found out quite how much of a terrible person Josh is. I thought it was kind of obnoxious for all the kids to have J names, when only one parent has a J name. I know a family who named all their kids names starting with "P", but both the parents had names starting with "P" also!

Michelle and Jim Bob didn't choose J names to honour him, they didn't start out planning to only use J names they liked Joshua and had her second pregnancy Caleb, they liked J names for Jana and John David and then decided to use J names from then on. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

I don't think they named their miscarriage until much later, long after they had had more J  kids. Maybe it was after Jubilee? Someone with a better memory than me might remember.  Of course, I may have remembered it incorrectly.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

I don't think they named their miscarriage until much later, long after they had had more J  kids. Maybe it was after Jubilee? Someone with a better memory than me might remember.  Of course, I may have remembered it incorrectly.

Apparently the Biblical Joshua had a friend named Caleb, so they had that in mind for a second son.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

6 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

No it was mentioned before Jubilee. 

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

On 1/9/2020 at 3:55 PM, Smee said:

Wasn’t Michael (and the whole M theme) a tribute to Michelle?

Anna’s father’s name is Michael so that’s more for him.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic