IGNORED

John David and Abbie 9: Yet Another Baby Watch - Grace is Here!

Coconut Flan

3 minutes ago, albireo said:

I didn't, but IIRC there were some people predicting that they'd start preventing pregnancy due to hyperemesis.

It seems awfully early to predict that while she's still pregnant/has a newborn. If they haven't welcomed a new child in four years, then speculate away, but it's just too early to do that. 

I doubt they'd do it anyway. The bible specifically mentions that childbirth is to be painful, and I'm going to guess that 9 months of hell isn't going to stop them. 

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I like the name and I guess now we are back to no known pregnant Duggars.... I wonder who is next?

Joy is my guess.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 19

When I saw the announcement I was like “Didn’t we know about this baby already?” then I remembered I was thinking of one of the other 40 Duggar girls born recently. Good luck to these Duggarling cousins, something tells me that they’re going to be mixed up all the time.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Glad that both Abbie and the baby seem to be doing well. I like the name and was happily surprised that there was no connection to airplanes (though I would not be surprised if they did a newborn photo shoot that had some planes in it). 

Now that Grace is born, I wonder what is next for the Duggars, since we do not know of any of them being pregnant or courting at the moment. Someone will probably announce a pregnancy soon (my guess would be Jinger and Jeremy, though there are a few it could be), though I suppose there could be a courtship announcement since it's been a while since any of them courted (I could either see it being Jed or Jana).

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, Caskett4ever said:

Glad that both Abbie and the baby seem to be doing well. I like the name and was happily surprised that there was no connection to airplanes (though I would not be surprised if they did a newborn photo shoot that had some planes in it). 

The wedding was “Love is in the Air” themed. The newborn photoshoot can be “Love is in the Heir” themed. ✈️

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Haha 28

9 minutes ago, viii said:

It seems awfully early to predict that while she's still pregnant/has a newborn. If they haven't welcomed a new child in four years, then speculate away, but it's just too early to do that. 

I doubt they'd do it anyway. The bible specifically mentions that childbirth is to be painful, and I'm going to guess that 9 months of hell isn't going to stop them. 

She also hasn't yet had a baby AND HG at the same time.

All of the comments I've seen in the past about having both (ex. on forums discussing the Duchess of Cambridge's HG and even here I think) indicate that that's a really difficult thing to deal with. If she suffers from HG a second time leading to hospitalizations for dehydration etc. and also has to simultaneously deal with a baby *without* a full-time nanny (sister helpers notwithstanding) it might make her think seriously about how she would handle doing so continuously for years and whether it works for their family and herself.

Or not. Clearly that's something that will only be seen over time.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

Quite the bow on that little cap. Cute baby nice name I watched the little pregnancy announcement video. They all sound the same.  Everyone, not just the babies, is starting to blur for me. 

Edited by WiseGirl
Add text
  • Upvote 2

When I saw the first picture I was shocked there wasn’t a bow. How would we know she’s a girl?

thankfully they made up for it with that obnoxiously giant bow in the next picture. Phew. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

No other GrandDuggars have been named after Michelle until now so It's a lovely tribute to her. 

Witnessing what an abusive parent Michelle has been makes it hard to consider any tribute to her 'lovely'. 

Glad the baby gets a decent name though, since she'll have enough other shit to deal with. 

• Upvote 36
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

Abbie had the baby on 7th January. Grace Annette Duggar, weighing 7lb 11oz  and measuring 20.75 inches.

I absolutely love her name. No other GrandDuggars have been named after Michelle until now so It's a lovely tribute to her. 

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/abbie-duggar-gives-birth-to-baby-girl-with-john-david-duggar-pic/

Wasn’t Michael (and the whole M theme) a tribute to Michelle?

The name is pleasant and if Grace ever breaks free of the cult she’ll fit right in with normal society. It makes me yawn with boredom, but that’s probably a sign of a good name really.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 10

34 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I like the name and I guess now we are back to no known pregnant Duggars.... I wonder who is next?

I think Jinger is pregnant now.  She has extra tired eyes in all their recent pics, and that could be from having morning sickness between all the staging and the 50 takes per post I'm sure Jeremy insists on. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I just read the article and it says 7 lbs 11 oz.

I do like the name and the ode to Abbie and Michelle. With all the people’s names predictions I kind of convinced myself that she was going to have an aviation name 

According to AbbieJohn IG the baby weighed 7-15oz

3 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

I think Jinger is pregnant now.  She has extra tired eyes in all their recent pics, and that could be from having morning sickness between all the staging and the 50 takes per post I'm sure Jeremy insists on. 

Or being in a place where weed is legal...maybe her eyes only look tired and she's actually discovered edibles.

I know, unlikely, but I bet her posts would be way more amusing if it were true.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 22

HG is miserable. It’s even harder the second time around when you have to take care of a child while you are also sick. I ended up waiting 6 years between pregnancies because of it. Got HG the second time too, although it was a little better given that there is an FDA-approved drug for it now. 

• Love 8

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Or being in a place where weed is legal...maybe her eyes only look tired and she's actually discovered edibles.

I know, unlikely, but I bet her posts would be way more amusing if it were true.

Please let it be this!  I haven't watched any of the shows in 10 years but I would 100% pay money to watch fundies get high and talk about their childhoods. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 4

22 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

According to AbbieJohn IG the baby weighed 7-15oz

I did see that but they corrected it to 7-11 

Edited by VBOY9977

You know the novelty of new babies has worn off at FJ when 2 hours after the announcement is released the thread has only grown by a page and a half.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, PurpleCats said:

You know the novelty of new babies has worn off at FJ when 2 hours after the announcement is released the thread has only grown by a page and a half.

Which is probably more interest than Michelle is capable of showing.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3

I actually tried watching a few Nr-Kids-and-counting episodes (was trying to distract myself form stuff) I had to stop, because I found Michelles voice insufferable!!

• Upvote 1

Anyone else amazed by the fact that, in a family full of crazed fundamentalists, it has taken this many GrandDuggars to get to one named "Grace?" The 2nd generation has Joy, and JinJer have Felicity, but it seems to me like either Hope or Grace would have flown off the shelf early.

(Not counting middle names!)

• Upvote 10

Grace is a mainstream name here and not one just used by religious people so that itself didn't scream ultra religious, they called her Gracie in the post and that sounds like a cute nick name. Both Abbie and Joseph now have used their middle names as first names for their children. I thought Mary or Marie in honour of Mary and Jana would have been in her name but Annette is at least different from a name that has already been used by the Duggar siblings and it honoured a family member. 

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, mysweetetc said:

Anyone else amazed by the fact that, in a family full of crazed fundamentalists, it has taken this many GrandDuggars to get to one named "Grace?" The 2nd generation has Joy, and JinJer have Felicity, but it seems to me like either Hope or Grace would have flown off the shelf early.

(Not counting middle names!)

You say not counting middle names, but Jordyn's full first name is "Jordyn-Grace", so technically they did even if it's not used regularly.

Counting middle names, Johannah's middle name is "Faith" and Josh and Anna have daughters with both Hope and Grace as middle names, and Josiah and Lauren's daugher has Milagro (Miracle) as a middle name. So they are using similar names in some way, just not in obvious ones.

• Upvote 12

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic