IGNORED

John David and Abbie 9: Yet Another Baby Watch - Grace is Here!

Coconut Flan

Where are John/Abby living?? I have no problem with a mobile home--even a single-wide but WHERE? Is that an abandoned commercial property? I'm on youtube watching Season 11/ep 12 and there's a gray building next to the trailer. What?? Very weird even for a very rural area [like where I live]

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

12 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Where are John/Abby living?? I have no problem with a mobile home--even a single-wide but WHERE? Is that an abandoned commercial property? I'm on youtube watching Season 11/ep 12 and there's a gray building next to the trailer. What?? Very weird even for a very rural area [like where I live]

They live on property owned by Boob. It houses the mobile home and a Marshallese church in the large building. It's a stone's throw from the RV park that's been in development for like 2 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

JB’s life is like an amalgamation of Monopoly and the game of Life. Lots of buying up random shite( most of them akin with the first block on the game board) and many cars filled with blue and pink pegs.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 37

All those kids should have enough money stashed to buy their own home by now. I'm starting to believe Derick, about JB controling the money. Or maybe he's gifting them all homes. I've also noticed these are average size homes. Looks like Joe & Kendra and Jessa & Ben are quickly out growing their homes. If you already KNOW you are planning for many children, why settle in a small house?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

All those kids should have enough money stashed to buy their own home by now. I'm starting to believe Derick, about JB controling the money. Or maybe he's gifting them all homes. I've also noticed these are average size homes. Looks like Joe & Kendra and Jessa & Ben are quickly out growing their homes. If you already KNOW you are planning for many children, why settle in a small house?

Remember, they are so surprised every time they get pregnant, so they probably hadn’t thought of a larger house. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 39
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Remember, they are so surprised every time they get pregnant, so they probably hadn’t thought of a larger house. 

Some things just are very surprising... John David is a pilot, young and fertile people having unprotected sex leads to pregnancies... and no one talks about it, ever. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

That & they are used to being stacked on top of each other like cord wood. The duggerlings for the last 15 years have lived in a 4 bedroom house with approximately 21 people. The boys are literally stacked on top of each other in those triple stacked bunks. 

• Upvote 7

11 hours ago, marmalade said:

They live on property owned by Boob. It houses the mobile home and a Marshallese church in the large building. It's a stone's throw from the RV park that's been in development for like 2 years.

I had to google the church. Ok, now it makes more sense. I knew about the attempt to develop an RV park--wasn't sure if it was to be a real trailer park, a campground, or an RV storage lot for the off-season. In other words, it was dirt cheap to move into it. I assume they will later build a house on the compound or elsewhere if they don't say "stick it" and go their own way in the future.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

As Zsu reminded us, you can fit a bunch of people in small spaces— it’s their stuff that takes up room! So just get rid of their stuff or never buy it in the first place. Those houses can fit a lot of little Duggars if they don’t have books or toys. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2020 at 6:20 AM, Tangy Bee said:

It's probably how JB keeps control. If you have the big nice house in your name then you have less incentive to "worK" for him.

• Upvote 9

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going out on a limb and saying tax write off. by having any family flights  for any reason, they can charge the gas as a taxable expense deduction (I do know the difference).  

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone

2 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Interesting. Who is teaching her you think? Are any of the Duggars pilots?

I think I heard her husband JD is one?!?! I am not sure though lol 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 22
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I think I heard her husband JD is one?!?! I am not sure though lol 

That seems kind of far fetched. I think we would have heard about it by now if that was the case. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 30

12 hours ago, princessmahina said:

That seems kind of far fetched. I think we would have heard about it by now if that was the case. 

I agree they'd have made it a plot point of the show or something. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 12

I bet they’re videoing it to use as footage for the show. These people are dull at the best of times but in a pandemic where they have to pretend to observe social distancing they really have very little to offer. 

• Upvote 7

My dad, brother, and husband are all pilots. Dad and husband are private pilots, and my brother was airlines but went back to corporate. I actually always planned on getting my license from the time I was a teenager but just never devoted the time and now I REALLY don't have the time. My thought was that even though I know and could do basic things, flying in a small plane frequently it's not a bad idea to know what the heck to do in case of an emergency. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

Like with driving, they can go farther together safely if they can switch before they get tired.

• Upvote 6

On 9/24/2020 at 1:59 PM, princessmahina said:

As Zsu reminded us, you can fit a bunch of people in small spaces— it’s their stuff that takes up room! So just get rid of their stuff or never buy it in the first place. Those houses can fit a lot of little Duggars if they don’t have books or toys. 

*Cough* Addison Duggar’s nursery, a pack-n-play shoved in a spare bedroom.

On 9/24/2020 at 1:59 PM, princessmahina said:

Every time I think about the Duggars being pilots, I reflect on Christian and Stephanie Nielson (NieNie Dialogues). Yep, those 2 fools needing to be in a small plane, albeit with a trainer, almost left their children orphans.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, SassyPants said:

To be honest, LittleJuly never had a nursery. She has been in our bedroom since she was born, first in a co-sleeper and now in her toddler bed right next to ours. A baby doesn't necessarily need a dedicated room for themselves.

It's the fact that the older children, especially the teens, don't have a private space to withdraw to, that I find more concerning.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 15

On 10/19/2020 at 6:58 PM, LillyP said:

My dad, brother, and husband are all pilots. Dad and husband are private pilots, and my brother was airlines but went back to corporate. I actually always planned on getting my license from the time I was a teenager but just never devoted the time and now I REALLY don't have the time. My thought was that even though I know and could do basic things, flying in a small plane frequently it's not a bad idea to know what the heck to do in case of an emergency. 

Yes, my husband is a pilot (Air Force right now), and he wants me to learn so I can land in case of emergency, but I have zero interest. ?

Edited to add: to land when we're flying in a small plane... I'm obviously not allowed in the AF jet ?

Edited by twoandthrough
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, SweetJuly said:

To be honest, LittleJuly never had a nursery. She has been in our bedroom since she was born, first in a co-sleeper and now in her toddler bed right next to ours. A baby doesn't necessarily need a dedicated room for themselves.

It's the fact that the older children, especially the teens, don't have a private space to withdraw to, that I find more concerning.

Oh, I totally agree, but for people who make a living off the number of kids that they have, you’d think that those people would make those blessings a priority. Yet, those kids actually seem to be an afterthought. For years, the Duggars evidently had kids sleeping on the couch because they had 15 kids in a 3 bedroom starter home. Assuming that JB and M housed the latest blessing in their own room, that leaves 14 kids between 2 tiny bedrooms. Can you even imagine? 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Oh, I totally agree, but for people who make a living off the number of kids that they have, you’d think that those people would make those blessings a priority. Yet, those kids actually seem to be an afterthought. For years, the Duggars evidently had kids sleeping on the couch because they had 15 kids in a 3 bedroom starter home. Assuming that JB and M housed the latest blessing in their own room, that leaves 14 kids between 2 tiny bedrooms. Can you even imagine? 

That is my issue - I don't think kids necessarily need their own rooms. I shared with a sister as a child, my kids will have to share... but I om only going on #3 and might have a 4th, possibly, if all the stars align. So will my eventual teenagers have their own dedicated rooms? Likely no unless I somehow become fabulously wealthy. But they won't be stacked like cordwood in two tiny bedrooms, and won't be teenagers/grown ass adults sharing rooms with young children. 

• Upvote 11

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic