IGNORED

John David and Abbie 9: Yet Another Baby Watch - Grace is Here!

Coconut Flan

48 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Sure, on a bigger, safer vessel, like a cruise ship. But on that kind of thing that can flip in a good wind gust, I’m not sure there is a safe way. I keep coming back to how anyone would enjoy themselves on a dingy with a little baby? I get wanting to spend time together as a family, but I do not get the venue. Different strokes, I suppose.

I've driven those boats and been in those boats since I was a baby (literally the same age as Grace), so I might be biased but I think it depends on the body of water and the general etiquette of people around you.  I always rode in the lap of the parent who wasn't driving.  They spaced themselves out so they were closer to the back of the boat but still spread out (helps reduce chance of flipping) and that it was fairly calm out on our fairly small calm lake.  Also the cottagers around the lake had a general respect for each other, so no one was going to come do donuts for fun around the boat and make it dangerous.  

You want to be holding the child so that they don't get bounced around and accidently bounced out if you hit a wake badly.  You also want to hold them so they don't get into things they shouldn't (grabbing things to drive with, playing with the gas tank, finding lost fishing hooks).

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

I'll admit, I am not a parent, or an avid boater. But I am nervous and unsure, and need to be assured that things are safe. I would have been uncomfortable with the situation even if they were my best friends or family members, because it doesn't strike me as particularly safe. 

• Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, dolcez said:

I'll admit, I am not a parent, or an avid boater. But I am nervous and unsure, and need to be assured that things are safe. I would have been uncomfortable with the situation even if they were my best friends or family members, because it doesn't strike me as particularly safe. 

I see your Mazzy Star avatar and claim you as a friend because I adore her!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, pook said:

I see your Mazzy Star avatar and claim you as a friend because I adore her!

Hi, friend! She's so talented! I haven't found many artists with such a soothing voice. She has a vulnerability about her that's simultaneously endearing and brave.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Natalie22 said:

I've driven those boats and been in those boats since I was a baby (literally the same age as Grace), so I might be biased but I think it depends on the body of water and the general etiquette of people around you.  I always rode in the lap of the parent who wasn't driving.  They spaced themselves out so they were closer to the back of the boat but still spread out (helps reduce chance of flipping) and that it was fairly calm out on our fairly small calm lake.  Also the cottagers around the lake had a general respect for each other, so no one was going to come do donuts for fun around the boat and make it dangerous.  

You want to be holding the child so that they don't get bounced around and accidently bounced out if you hit a wake badly.  You also want to hold them so they don't get into things they shouldn't (grabbing things to drive with, playing with the gas tank, finding lost fishing hooks).

I agree with all of this - I've been on boats since I was an infant and had my kids on boats since they were infants (all in a lake my family has frequented since my father was a child) - including boats like that. Depends on the boat, the water conditions, etc. And of course wearing life jackets.  I did hold my kids the whole time, but I think something like a laundry basket for safe keeping is clever when you are stopped or docked so they are safely contained while you tie off or are trying to do something. While moving though, no way would they be out of my arms. 

• Upvote 11

• 2 weeks later...

These guys have had the same thread since their first daughter was born last November and we're only on page 17. I wonder if they'll be announcing their second while we're in this same thread.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 10

6 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

These guys have had the same thread since their first daughter was born last November and we're only on page 17. I wonder if they'll be announcing their second while we're in this same thread.

They do seem to lay low. I wonder if it is their choice because of a desire for privacy or if the producers gravitate away from them because they are dull?

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, baldricks_turnip said:

They do seem to lay low. I wonder if it is their choice because of a desire for privacy or if the producers gravitate away from them because they are dull?

Honestly I think it’s because they’re dull. People were pretty interested in them at the wedding and they never seem to dislike being on camera as I have noticed with joy and Austin. 

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Grace was born in January, not November. Still a long time for one thread, but hopefully they still have a while to go before announcing #2.

• Upvote 3

According to Duggar Data they are due to announce on April 30 2021, so yes If they stay on the schedule they still have a long time before announcing

• Upvote 3

For many fundies (looking at you John David and Abby, Joe and Kendra, and Torie and Bobby), I think the best we can hope for is that they have a very limited social media release. I don't see any of the three couples changing their views, so the most satisfaction I can have is if they keep it to themselves. Unfortunately, it seems like we see Joe and Kendra more. Limited social media means fewer threads.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

11 minutes ago, FrumperFan said:

Did I just see Abbie in leggings in the latest CO ep?

If you’re talking about the toe nail painting scene, She had a skirt over them

Spoiler

D0474D32-9523-40AB-A9BF-E97D11EA4D73.thumb.jpeg.c814738a6daa6dfdde6860845517e549.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

If you’re talking about the toe nail painting scene, She had a skirt over them

Hide contents

D0474D32-9523-40AB-A9BF-E97D11EA4D73.thumb.jpeg.c814738a6daa6dfdde6860845517e549.jpeg

ahh missed that shot. At least good that the 2nd gen girls (ladies, women?) do wear trousers when heavily pregnant (Joy) or in labour (Abbie). Michelle used to seemingly give birth in those collared frumper dresses

Is Abbie skirts only. I’m sure I have seen her in scrubs though. Maybe she only wears them for filming like the Bates do? 
edit to add the next photo is the exact same except no masks  eye roll... yes you don’t wanna get chipped  for no masks  but yes you still want your nice photo... 

12872D27-6EF5-48A3-9377-B5429060F115.png

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 1

I'm watching the episode where Abbie has Grace and when considering the outside vs the inside of Abbie and John's mobile home I was reminded of the SNL 'commercial' from the early 90s... The Chameleon XLE

edit: link didn't work but you can google it if you have a couple of minutes to waste.

Edited by Bobology
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Recent photo of Abby out with Joy and another person....wearing jeans

She actually looks really comfortable and herself / at ease. It just really affirms to me how much they have to put an act on for the show. I feel like everything from her smile to body language looks really relaxed in this photo - like any other mom. Yet when you see her on the show or in interviews she seems SOOOO unsure of herself. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 6

It seems like Abbie has replaced Jill as Joy’s favorite big sister. I don’t think I’ve seen a photo of Joy and Jill together like this one ever. And I don’t think I’ve ever seen Israel and Sam with Gideon. Kind of sad that JB put this wedge into the family, but Jill and Joy are adults who are capable of making choices.

• Upvote 10

48 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

It seems like Abbie has replaced Jill as Joy’s favorite big sister. I don’t think I’ve seen a photo of Joy and Jill together like this one ever. And I don’t think I’ve ever seen Israel and Sam with Gideon. Kind of sad that JB put this wedge into the family, but Jill and Joy are adults who are capable of making choices.

Could potentially be because Austin and John David are close. I believe they mentioned how they've worked together on projects and stuff even before Joy and him were official. I can see Austin getting along much better with JD than Derrick.

Obviously, that shouldn't mean she can't hang out with her sister if she wants to.

• Upvote 6

Pure speculation here. Joy and Abbie may have more of a friendship. Joy may see Jill as more of a mother figure than an equal which could make a difference. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

On 8/20/2020 at 4:45 PM, Natalie22 said:

We have a boat (bigger than that one) and we've taken my son on it since he was a wee little guy. Life jackets are a must - they have them for infants. Like - not optional, don't argue with me. You want to be on the boat or the dock? Life jacket. You don't want to wear it - that's fine, we'll stay home. 

When he was small (he's 7 now) - he was in someone's arms or cuddled on the seat next to us. And he always always fell asleep. Now he's bigger so he'll sit next to Daddy or cuddle with me. And we have degrees of boating. Calm day - everyone goes! Bumpy Day - Mom & Boy likely don't go (we have a cottage on an island so on those days - we'll take the ferry). Really bumpy day - Daddy only. My son hated bumpy rides before this summer and now is somewhat okay with them. He thinks they're more fun now - but he still is seated for them. And always with the life jacket. And there are times when he's swimming in the lake when he'll wear it too. (If he's swimming and not just in ankle deep water)

• Upvote 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic