• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

John David and Abbie 9: Yet Another Baby Watch - Grace is Here!

Born Skeptic
On 2/28/2020 at 11:41 AM, Born Skeptic said:

No.  The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program is run by the US Department of Health and Human Services.  It was established as a no-fault alternative to allowing lawsuits against vaccine manufacturers.  In the 1980's, a number of vaccine manufacturers were planning on getting out of the vaccine manufacturing business due to huge increases in the number of lawsuits filed alleging harm or potential harm.  This loss of manufacturing would have led to serious shortages of vaccines and a very real threat to public health and safety.  

It is true that filing a claim does get the alleged reaction listed on adverse reaction reports.  So does filing any complaint of adverse reaction to any vaccine or medication.  That is why most drugs and vaccines have a list of "possible side effects" that is miles long.  Even ridiculous things get listed like flu symptoms as a reaction to Tamiflu and joint pain symptoms as a reaction to arthritis medication.

Anti-Vexers use the existence of the Vaccine Injury Compensation Fund as "proof" that vaccines cause injury.  At the same time, they portray it as a sham because very few cases are actually awarded damages because true, provable, lasting vaccine injury is extremely rare.  It is ironic that a fund that was set up in response to increasing lawsuits by anti-vaxxers is twisted into "proof" of the dangers of vaccines. 

Quoting myself and bringing this back up because it is timely.  The first COVID-19 vaccine clinical trial just started in Seattle on March 16th.  This is a potential vaccine for a disease that was unknown until it was information was released in late December 2019.  It was gene sequenced in January 2020 and the vaccine was developed in February, 2020.  That is an unprecedented (less than) months from disease discovery to clinical trial.  Without the Vaccine Injury Compensation Fund - and the clearing of a lot of red tape - this would not be happening.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

Born Skeptic
Posted (edited)

to correct the above:

This is a potential vaccine for a disease that was unknown until information was released in late December 2019.

This is an unprecedented (less than) three months from disease discovery to clinical trial.

I must have been distracted when posting above.

Edited by Born Skeptic

Spent
The Mother Dust
On 2/4/2020 at 6:02 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Have you seen JD?  No one could love the earth enough to use his bathwater.  I've never seen him where he didn't look like he was covered in a filthy sheen.

Just be glad you're not expected to sleep with him. 🤮 I am sad to say, one of my good friends who i've known since childhood, ended up marrying a man because he is rich, however he is one of those guys who also always looks like he hasn't bathed in while.  It's frickin gross.  Sometimes when I've found myself feeling a little envious of her house, etc, I think "yeah, but she has to sleep with though.  OH VOMIT.  Nevermind, i'm not envious anymore.  Bleah."  

Spent
indianabones
On 3/19/2020 at 7:55 AM, Born Skeptic said:

Quoting myself and bringing this back up because it is timely.  The first COVID-19 vaccine clinical trial just started in Seattle on March 16th.  This is a potential vaccine for a disease that was unknown until it was information was released in late December 2019.  It was gene sequenced in January 2020 and the vaccine was developed in February, 2020.  That is an unprecedented (less than) months from disease discovery to clinical trial.  Without the Vaccine Injury Compensation Fund - and the clearing of a lot of red tape - this would not be happening.

And they still haven't contacted me about my application to be a subject! ☹️

Born Skeptic

Phase 1 clinical trials are small.  This one enrolled 45 healthy subjects.  Maybe they had enough volunteers before they got to your application.