IGNORED

Lori Alexander 73: Looking for Reading Comprehension, Empathy, or Self-awareness.

1 hour ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

It would really serve Lori right if one day she needed a first responder and the only one available was a woman who said , "I'm sorry. You are so right.  I need to go be a keeper at home now. I'm sure a man will be along to help you soon."

She is the battiest.  The other night there was a sweet segment on the local news about the contributions of all first responders, firefighters, and police officers - men and women.  The police chief made the point that half of the population is female, and those women sometimes need female first responders in some delicate situations that men might feel uncomfortable dealing with.  He also said that he is happy to have all types of people and personalities because everyone contributes to society in a special way.  It really was beautifully said, but Lori would have missed the point entirely.  

• Upvote 15

47 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

She took the service people doodle off of Facebook!  

Covering the lily white ass perhaps? 

Hopefully her family made her take it down. It was disgusting the way she was bragging about teaching a grandchild to be disrespectful to female first responders. 

As much time as Lori spends with those kids; and as much as she brags about teaching them to be hateful, it is hard to imagine that they might be pleasant children. I continue to be amazed that her kids leave their children with her.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

Looks like today's doodle was removed from Facebook.  I wonder why.  I don't think it was something FB would remove from breaking their rules, so maybe Ken stepped in?  Or did enough negative comments finally got to her?

ETA: This is old news!  ?

Edited by hollyfeller
Clarification
  • Upvote 5

Hopefully Ken put a stop to it, I hope someone got a screenshot of it!  

That was uncalled for and highly inappropriate. 

Lately, things that should stay between her, God, and her journal should stay there. Some stuff she needs to NOT put on Facebook.

Edited to add, it is Still on Twitter. 

Edited by rayneflower
  • Upvote 6

10 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Hopefully her family made her take it down.

Even though son Ryan and DIL Erin probably agree with most of Lori's blatherings (or they don't care and are just using her for free babysitting all the time)....I would have to think that they are enough around "normal" people to know it's wrong for Lori to continually use their children as propaganda tools for her toxic views.   Remember the post about how she was all proud of her 4  yo granddaughter scolding a grown woman on the beach for showing too much skin supposedly?  That tweet/post disappeared too. 

If it were my kids Lori was using like this, I would put my foot down and state in no uncertain terms that she was to NEVER refer to my kids in a post again.   But by their silence, I feel like they are endorsing her behavior all the more. 

The other thing bothering me today is how Lori always tries to "soften" her positions by adding "I don't write these things to offend, but..."  Like somehow that makes it all ok.    It's not OK, Lori. It's not OK.   Like yesterday with Veterans, and before with the death of RAchel Held Evans and everyday with ordinary women just trying to do the best they can. Your words are empty. You DO mean to offend and adding that is offensive....It's you taking the blame off of yourself, and putting it on others.  NO -- you bear the responsibility!  

Addition: It's only 6:30 a.m. her time and she already has tweeted 4 times and posted on FB and IG. She's definitely in a manic mode today. Expect another video soon. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 13

13 hours ago, Caroline said:

She is the battiest.  The other night there was a sweet segment on the local news about the contributions of all first responders, firefighters, and police officers - men and women.  The police chief made the point that half of the population is female, and those women sometimes need female first responders in some delicate situations that men might feel uncomfortable dealing with.  He also said that he is happy to have all types of people and personalities because everyone contributes to society in a special way.  It really was beautifully said, but Lori would have missed the point entirely.  

Several years ago, a 17 year old girl was abducted in our state. She was found and rescued by law enforcement.  This post makes me recall the image of her running into the arms of a female FBI agent when they got her safely out of the cabin the man was holding her in.  After her ordeal, I doubt the men seemed as safe. So what if that woman had not been there to make her feel safe? 

There is absolutely a need for women in those professions 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

The other thing bothering me today is how Lori always tries to "soften" her positions by adding "I don't write these things to offend, but..."  Like somehow that makes it all ok.    It's not OK, Lori. It's not OK.   Like yesterday with Veterans, and before with the death of RAchel Held Evans and everyday with ordinary women just trying to do the best they can. Your words are empty. You DO mean to offend and adding that is offensive....It's you taking the blame off of yourself, and putting it on others.  NO -- you bear the responsibility!  

Lori absolutely means to offend. She seems to have two joys in life - offending people and hurting people. I suspect the world is lucky she's also so lazy and stupid... imagine what kind of damage she could do if she was willing to work at it!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

Watching Bambi this morning, thank you Disney Plus! 

She needs to take a piece of advice from a wise bunny. 

If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

Lori continues to blow me away with her meanness. At this point she’s only looking to cause controversy and gain brownie points with her followers. How is posting about how you don’t respect women in service godly? Sure you might not agree with women being in the military but you can still show respect for the fact that they sacrificed for you. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

On 11/11/2019 at 3:07 PM, older than allosaurs said:

Or maybe she's drinking?

This is a definite possibility. She wouldn't be the first fundy hypocrite to do so.

• Upvote 9

She's gone off the deep end and she's sinking hard. Someone made her mad. She's on a working mother kick, like really bad. She's going to upset the wrong person (maybe in her church) and they are going to let her have it.  Hopefully her pastor (hopefully Ken) will tell her she needs to tone it down, or take a Facebook break. She's gone to far lately. She's trying to go viral and become a overnight sensation. She's hurting her family by doing all this. I hope she reads this blog or Ken still does. She needs help, she needs to get a mental check. She's gone 100% loopy!! 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Aaron the "pastor" of Repentance Cry writes:

"After the Fall, God firmly and protectively set up the gender roles for humanity. In Genesis 3, God said to the woman: “I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy DESIRE SHALL BE to thy husband, and he SHALL RULE over thee.”

The word “rule” in Hebrew is the word mashal. It literally means, to have dominion, to reign, to rule, to have power over. God’s divine plan is for the husband to have dominion over, to reign over, to rule over, and to have power over his wife. When that order is reversed, the husband and wife become the very antitheses of God’s plan. Their marriage becomes fingernails on the chalkboard of God’s holiness."

Has this man noticed that the Bible says we're REDEEMED from the curse?  We're no longer under some curse.  Because of Jesus.  Jesus set us free from the law of sin and death,  the Bible says.  This man is no pastor.  This man is an abuser and fosters the abuse of women by perverting scriptures to give men power over women. 

God have men AND women dominion over the earth.  Not over each other.  Mercy of God this man is a false teacher. 

• Upvote 14

45 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Aaron the "pastor" of Repentance Cry writes:

"After the Fall, God firmly and protectively set up the gender roles for humanity. In Genesis 3, God said to the woman: “I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy DESIRE SHALL BE to thy husband, and he SHALL RULE over thee.”

The word “rule” in Hebrew is the word mashal. It literally means, to have dominion, to reign, to rule, to have power over. God’s divine plan is for the husband to have dominion over, to reign over, to rule over, and to have power over his wife. When that order is reversed, the husband and wife become the very antitheses of God’s plan. Their marriage becomes fingernails on the chalkboard of God’s holiness."

Has this man noticed that the Bible says we're REDEEMED from the curse?  We're no longer under some curse.  Because of Jesus.  Jesus set us free from the law of sin and death,  the Bible says.  This man is no pastor.  This man is an abuser and fosters the abuse of women by perverting scriptures to give men power over women. 

God have men AND women dominion over the earth.  Not over each other.  Mercy of God this man is a false teacher. 

Or an alternative way to look at this is a pattern of relationships. How often is there a pattern of a women doing everything to please her husband, to desire her husbands affection and the husband being an abusive asshole (ruling over her)? So maybe it’s not so much of a curse but a description of what men will do? I mean right in the next verse Adam throws Eve under the bus for his own poor choices. 

Why else would it say desire? Desiring your husband isn’t a bad thing is it? Why would a husband respond to desire by ruling over his wife? It just doesn’t sound healthy. 

Regardless, you’re right. We’re free from those old patterns. Just as we’ve made farming and child birth easier we can heal marriages too. We don’t have to sit in that curse anymore. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

I have a few thoughts about Lori’s salt and light post. 
I hated being home schooled and begged to go out for school. We lived in a super shitty school district. My mom ended up enrolling me in charter school for the 8th grade. Kids noticed that I didn’t cuss. Most didn’t care. No one cared that I was a “Christian” most of them were too. I was picked on and treated like shit by girls who I went to church with not ones I went to school with. It sucked. I stayed true to my faith through part of college. Then I realized I had never believed in god and finally declared it. 
my younger brother went for high school. He had to. My dad was dying and my evil mother had to work because we would have been homeless. My evil mother trusted god to take care of us but he kept sending her paying jobs instead of it raining money. Guess she didn’t have enough faith? My younger brother is still a Christian and has kept his faith.

my older brother was home schooled until college and believes god exist but he is a jerk. No real faith. Home schooling doesn’t equal raising godly children.

i do believe kids should get some say in their education. It is their life. I loved learning but my mom poured all of her energy into my older brother. It stunted my education. 

• Upvote 8

Lori and Ken, who are college-educated, fostering a great love of reading in their 4 children, and then sending them to a real high school with the expectation they (at least the sons) would go to college, is totally different than a 22 year old with an 8th grade math (Joy Duggar - algebra) education and has never read a classic novel, only the Bible and some Mormon fiction, homeschooling 10+ kids. 

My neighbors across the street are fundie-lite and homeschool their 6 kids. They both were college-educated, expected their sons (and daughters -- 2 year degree) to go to college and get a job. They had a rigorous homeschool program and online high school classes. They enrolled in community college classes as juniors & seniors in HS. 

Honestly I think they learned racist history and didn't touch on evolution, but at least they were prepared to function in society and were academically prepared to go to college. In addition, they are literate enough that now they could read things and expand their minds. 

Lori would prefer her minions to be barely literate and groveling so they don't turn from the faith. 

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, kmachete14 said:

Lori would prefer her minions to be barely literate and groveling so they don't turn from the faith. 

You mean, so they don't turn from Lori? Because I really don't think she cares what they believe in, as long as they believe in HER. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

From the comments of today's blog post:

826402698_fan1.PNG.d93c801ac80d4a8f538a5bc2bf5b6f30.PNG

fan.thumb.PNG.7497e77bd27852a28b652622603895d2.PNG

Hard labor at 14, but in the meantime, he's on track to finish up calculus...at 9.  Because, of course he is. ?

Edited by Koala
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

Ummm...let him learn other tasks without calling it hard labor.  How to properly paint a house (interior and exterior), doing repairs, how to change the oil in a car, carpentry, plumbing -- none of which requires a yard.  The box walls are high and thick with this crowd.

ETA:  But can he tie his own shoes?

Edited by wallysmommy
  • Upvote 14

oh yeah, I had to comment on that "M" post. As a teacher, I couldn't help myself. 

I have a feeling this child is doing single-variable algebra. For example: x + 3 = 9. Solve for x. An advanced 7 year old can do that. 

Anyways, I did leave a comment leaving the appropriate math skills for a 9 year old and encouraging parents to use standards or a grade based curriculum. 

• Upvote 12

17 minutes ago, Koala said:

From the comments of today's blog post:

826402698_fan1.PNG.d93c801ac80d4a8f538a5bc2bf5b6f30.PNG

fan.thumb.PNG.7497e77bd27852a28b652622603895d2.PNG

Hard labor at 14, but in the meantime, he's on track to finish up calculus...at 9.  Because, of course he is. ?

I'll take things that never happened for $500, Alex

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, Loveday said:

You mean, so they don't turn from Lori? Because I really don't think she cares what they believe in, as long as they believe in HER. 

I feel like even some of her die hard followers are starting to turn against her. Shes gotten to radical and starting to go against her own 'teachings'  

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Hard labor at 14, but in the meantime, he's on track to finish up calculus...at 9.  Because, of course he is.

RIGHT....at 7 he is doing calculus.....and I have a bridge to sell you....

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic