IGNORED

Lori Alexander 73: Looking for Reading Comprehension, Empathy, or Self-awareness.

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

I’m just going to leave this recent tweet right here. To avoid confusion, we women are “Satan” in this comparison. Right? And of course, men are God. 

48226862-0C64-4131-98CC-9A9D590FD482.jpeg

Except, Lori, men aren't God. Really. They aren't. :roll: So, no, it's not the same way.

• Upvote 7

I’ve seen photos of church signs with the phrase “Satan was the first one to demand equal rights.”

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 1
  • Angry 1
  • WTF 7

15 hours ago, rayneflower said:

All she wants to talk about how bad stuff is, how come she can never for ONCE say something good about things! She doesn't do anything but sit at her computer all day, she doesn't have to cook or clean. Ken makes good money.... Why can't for once she be happy about something in her life instead of all the negative! 

I was thinking the same thing yesterday.

Her whole blog consists of complaining that most women today do something she doesn't approve of, or don't do something she does approve of, then the commenters claim all the women they know do the unapproved of thing, or do not do the approved thing, except for them themselves.

They, and Lori, are the only people they know who do everything they should, and nothing they shouldn't.

You know, Lori, you are well into your 60's, your husband had a health scare last summer, why not enjoy the last couple of decades you might have left to you?  The world will keep turning without your blog and all your social media platforms.  I promise,

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

Whenever I watch a Lori video, it reminds me of this.  Especially this last one about "Sat-tan."

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 10.22.09 AM.png

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, smittykins said:

I’ve seen photos of church signs with the phrase “Satan was the first one to demand equal rights.”

Well, maybe he was right to demand them? The way the paint their omnipotend god is unable to work against satan shows me that he isn't his underling, but his equal, so equal rights. The same way as I'm equal to these loudmouths declaring me beneath them because of my lady bits

• Upvote 9

On December 17, 2019 at 7:22 PM, wallysmommy said:

Your husband is the opposite of the Lori man-trolls.  He was protecting you from Sandsie (Beansie's cousin who lurks in the dark waiting to injure you as you make sandwiches!  

We need to make a list of Beansie's associates. We have Sandsie and ... Frijolito? Is that right? 

On December 19, 2019 at 8:21 PM, usmcmom said:

I’m going to confess that we bought a third car for our kids; and that’s what we called it - “the third car” not “the kids’ car.”  I kind of pushed for it because our teenagers were either using my van or I was spending my evenings running them around. 

I think getting a car for kids is not necessarily spoiling. I got a car from my grandparents for my 16th birthday (it was a $250 1982 Dodge Omni!), and while my sisters didn't get cars for their 16th birthdays, they did end up with cars to drive. It was pretty much necessary - I mean sure, we could have continued taking the bus to school and not done any after school activities, but it was really nice to be able to have transportation. The very day I got my license I was hauling my sisters to girl scouts! 

It depends totally on the situation and the kid, I think. I couldn't possibly have worked to buy a car - how would I have gotten to work in the first place? Where we lived there was nothing within walking distance but other houses, and no public transportation at all. 

19 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Maybe "a close friend" means someone who said hello to her once, didn't have tattoos, no debt, was a virgin when she married, and was a keeper at home.

Maybe it was the woman with the fake boobs Lori wrote about being able to feel when she hugged her?

30 minutes ago, rayneflower said:

Lori can barely take care of herself and husband, how is she going to care for a possum? 

I suspect she intends to let it loose in the backyard and kick it any time it comes too close. How she expects it to stick around and eat all the ticks is anyone's guess.

• Upvote 11

55 minutes ago, rayneflower said:

Lori can barely take care of herself and husband, how is she going to care for a possum? 

I'm nor really a possum fan (don't hate them, just...don't particularly like them either), but I'd never put a possum, or any other animal, under Lori's 'care.'  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, delphinium65 said:

I'm nor really a possum fan (don't hate them, just...don't particularly like them either), but I'd never put a possum, or any other animal, under Lori's 'care.'  

Possums are on my very short list of animals I really dislike. Maybe because a couple of times gathering eggs in the dark I reached into a nest and nearly collided with the hissing possum that got there first. They are ugly little suckers close up and they have a lot of needle-looking teeth, not improved by egg slime.

But what I've been thinking about that last couple weeks is that recent study arguing that the more people are on social media, particularly Facebook and Instagram, the more unhappy and dissatisfied they (we?) become. Lori seems like a case study. Back in the days of her Always Learning blog, she was dogmatic and determined not to learn a single new thing, but she didn't seem all that miserable. She liked sharing recipes and posting pictures of her table settings along with the joys of submission. Now that she has blog plus Facebook plus Twitter plus Instagram plus trolling other people's blogs, she just seems -- and looks --grumpy all the time.

Of course another possibility is that once she stopped arguing with Ken about everything back then, it was nice to not be constantly fighting all the time. But after a while the shine of that would wear off and the problem is they still don't like each other much.

• Upvote 11

12 minutes ago, older than allosaurs said:

Possums are on my very short list of animals I really dislike. Maybe because a couple of times gathering eggs in the dark I reached into a nest and nearly collided with the hissing possum that got there first. They are ugly little suckers close up and they have a lot of needle-looking teeth, not improved by egg slime.

But what I've been thinking about that last couple weeks is that recent study arguing that the more people are on social media, particularly Facebook and Instagram, the more unhappy and dissatisfied they (we?) become. Lori seems like a case study. Back in the days of her Always Learning blog, she was dogmatic and determined not to learn a single new thing, but she didn't seem all that miserable. She liked sharing recipes and posting pictures of her table settings along with the joys of submission. Now that she has blog plus Facebook plus Twitter plus Instagram plus trolling other people's blogs, she just seems -- and looks --grumpy all the time.

Of course another possibility is that once she stopped arguing with Ken about everything back then, it was nice to not be constantly fighting all the time. But after a while the shine of that would wear off and the problem is they still don't like each other much.

I think that's a possibility.  How exhausting it must be to realize that others have different (legitimate) opinions and you feel like you have to always prove them wrong.  I don't use FB or Instagram, but my sister does.  Sometimes she tells me she's seen posts by other family members or friends and gets upset that she's not been included in whatever is going on.  My sister is a real extrovert who loves being invited all the time and enjoys entertaining and inviting others.  I'm the opposite of her and am always relieved when I'm not invited.  I hate parties.  Maybe extroverts become more upset with social media for this reason?  Maybe introverts don't care about social media for the same reason?  Interesting questions!    Is Lori a frustrated extrovert too who hates that she can't interact with all kinds of people because of religion?  If so, that's a pretty sad existence.

6 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Whenever I watch a Lori video, it reminds me of this.  Especially this last one about "Sat-tan."

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 10.22.09 AM.png

Dana Carvey was brilliant.  Church Lady was always my fave!

• Upvote 4

Liar Liar Pants on Fire Lori has now upped her ""sick game,"  In her women should suffer illness, etc. in silence FB doodle she says in her comments (bolding mine) --

"My family knew exactly what I was suffering from and I suffered for almost 30 years."  Previously she always said 25 years. Not that we ever believed that.

"I know someone very well who has struggled with illness for many years now and no one likes to be around her since she must tell everyone every little ache and pain she is experiencing. It's all about her."  Talking about herself?

"I didn't want my children to have to bear my burden. It was too heavy for them so I bore it." Like we believe that for a nano second.

"Oh, my family noticed that I was suffering but I decided not to grumble and complain about it which would make their lives more difficult than they already were. It was hard on them having such a terribly sick mother all of their childhood but they knew they could come home and I would smile at them and ask them about their day."  Came home from where? I thought she homeschooled? She always says she did.

'it isn't easy. It's simply a decision that I made. I became very ill when my children were all young and I wanted them to have a good childhood. I knew I could give this to them if I learned to suffer in silence so I did."  That Lori. Such a martyr.  Obviously not that silent as FJ  and the whole internet know all about her terrible "almost 30-year" illness.

You know if she really suffered in silence and never grumbled nor complained no one outside her family would know anything about her various ailments -- parasites, tumors, bad gut, skin lesions, etc, etc, etc. hypochondria, etc, etc, etc.

But we do. In excruciating detail. Sometimes with pictures. Because she Never. Shuts. Up. about her 25 oops 30-year illness.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 15
  • Love 1

Re social media: I’m an introvert and prone to depression, so I’m drawn to and post a lot of positive, thoughtful things and quirky humor (as well as serious and constructive political, religious, and philosophical content). I am very quick to hide bull$#!+ posts and block toxic people. My FB is a dictatorship. Don’t you  even TRY to ask me to “Like and Share!!1!!111!” one of those crappy memes about “My parents hit us and we never wore seatbelts or helmets and we turned out FINE!!!”, Karen.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

So I love opossums but then again I adore animals in general. Half of my Instagram feed is opossums. I have no idea why I find them so adorable. No living animals deserves the hell she’d put them through even a rodent. 

I had to do a presentation on media use and teens during school and there was some evidence to suggest the over use of media contributes to depression. Also things like this below is what drives people insane. It’s like people can’t just focus on one thing at a time. Biden was dragged through the ringer for being too handsy. Pelosi gets a ton of shit. Addressing one issue isn’t ignoring others. Just  because police focus on one bank robbery doesn’t mean they don’t address other things. But they don’t promote the murder of the unborn. And come on are you really going to tell me that Trump promotes sexual ethics? 

86253F47-9D34-4BAA-9DDF-50465489850B.png

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

So Lori can't remember her own history? Are we sure she doesn't have dementia or is she just gotten so plum crazy she is making her own stuff up now.

• Upvote 7

It makes me wonder if maybe all her 'health problems' could be caused by the fact she NEVER goes to a regular doctor, 'Black Salves' everything.... She's doing this to herself.

• Upvote 7

Guess it's hard keeping all those lies straight after a while

Omg possums! I have a full folder of possums too (insta is my antisocial social media - just pets and islands - post selfie and you get blocked) Never got why people hate them here until one decided move into the vent of our share house, we thought it was a dingo or a burglar first... Still want some as pets though :D

Spoiler

Screenshot_20191224_221637_com.instagram.android.thumb.jpg.4cce978bc43a92b95ae5735b78b9afdf.jpg

Screenshot_20191224_221655_com.instagram.android.thumb.jpg.d3530c76abae9609d5bf73d95045a8e3.jpgScreenshot_20191224_221725_com.instagram.android.thumb.jpg.5da389ce69cd504019fa70893212afc5.jpgScreenshot_20191224_221741_com.instagram.android.thumb.jpg.16200704b4536d530a16c02388c1fc29.jpgScreenshot_20191224_221747_com.instagram.android.thumb.jpg.9b115aaf9e17afb617f45d6f70278383.jpg

Screenshot_20191224_221605_com.instagram.android.jpg

Screenshot_20191224_221630_com.instagram.android.jpg

Screenshot_20191224_221803_com.instagram.android.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Love 10

LOL, now I'm imaging a herd of possums settling into Lori's piping system, be careful what you wish for... They'd drive her even more nuts!

Screenshot_20191224_230122_com.instagram.android.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • Love 3

Australian possums are much cuter and less bitey than North American possums. I thought Dame Edna was being a jerk until I saw how cute Aussie possums were!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 12/25/2019 at 4:09 AM, Dysfundamental said:

Australian possums are much cuter and less bitey than North American possums. I thought Dame Edna was being a jerk until I saw how cute Aussie possums were!

Oh yes, nothing beats the Australian possum; may I present the Australian pygmy possum:

Pygmy-Possum_Amanda-McLean-Copy-1.thumb.jpg.33453fcd0914108a68103a9cb2ab3842.jpg

Well maybe except for the elephant shrew. You gotta watch the video for the full cuteness effect to hit you - they have tiny wiggly noseees!! <3

Screenshot_20191224_230818_com.instagram.android-01.thumb.jpeg.d9601de9ff71f526cd78a74534de68de.jpeg

I just wanna boop the snoot. Chester Zoo

• Upvote 4
  • Love 10

Omgosh all the animal photos I’m in love! I hope everyone had a good holiday! 

So who decides what’s modest? Who gets to decide what’s extravagant and what’s discrete? Today’s outfit is a a dark pink velvet skirt with a teal sweater. The dress goes below  the knees and the sweater is a high neck. So is the color too loud and extravagant? But it’s quite modest..... I think the Amish would believe so. So in the end it’s whatever random man decide at random times because they’re too interested in everyone’s business. 

D2B0F885-57CE-4114-B8A6-F3FD936B0563.png

• Upvote 9

@Sarah92 Your outfit sounds gorgeous -- dark pink and teal is a combination I've never thought of.  Thanks for the tip.

So in the Modesty Discretion, etc. Olympics I'm not sure whether I'd place -- tan merino wool crew neck pullover, tobacco brown tank underneath and peeking out of the bottom, straight leg jeans, tan low wedge shoes.

So yeah, not sure..... I'm covered from neck to ankle, but ... well... ya know... the dreaded "eek you have a crotch" problem and then well .... the pullover does show I have girls (not small ones like Lori commands). So probably not a Modesty winner although I thought it was fine for a day off at home.

Oh well, what do I know jezebel unsubmissive woman with a job that I am.  :GPn0zNK:

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

Omgosh all the animal photos I’m in love! I hope everyone had a good holiday! 

So who decides what’s modest? Who gets to decide what’s extravagant and what’s discrete? Today’s outfit is a a dark pink velvet skirt with a teal sweater. The dress goes below  the knees and the sweater is a high neck. So is the color too loud and extravagant? But it’s quite modest..... I think the Amish would believe so. So in the end it’s whatever random man decide at random times because they’re too interested in everyone’s business. 

D2B0F885-57CE-4114-B8A6-F3FD936B0563.png

The way a woman carries herself and the way she dresses ought to promote whatever the hell she wants. There, it's fixed.  

• Upvote 14

• Coconut Flan locked this topic