IGNORED

Lori Alexander 73: Looking for Reading Comprehension, Empathy, or Self-awareness.

36 minutes ago, Koala said:

Apparently Alyssa is already recruiting Lori to babysit.

What is wrong with these people?  Lori has openly admitted to inflicting pain on babies.  What mother would EVER leave their child with her?

Oooh, where did you see that little tidbit?  

And I can’t imagine why they would let her babysit, but I also can’t wrap my mind around how blatantly she disregards things that she has declared commandments in the past. I clearly remember her saying a grandmother babysitting was not good enough, not God’s plan, etc.   I think it’s partly hypocrisy, partly that she honestly forgets half of what she says as soon as she says it.

• Upvote 8

A clever little observation from Lori for your afternoon delectation:

Something I have noticed, those presidents raised by single mothers like Clinton and Obama tend to be Left-leaning and those raised with fathers like Bush and Trump seem to be Right-leaning.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

Lori is 'teaching' a man again, and calling him short-sighted.  Oh, the irony.  

tm10293.jpg

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

We can overlook reprobate behavior because it suits our purpose, but if a woman works, she is doomed to hell.  For once, I agree with Liam and that kind of scares me.  It just shows how far off the cliff Lori has fallen that her fanboys are giving her pushback.

• Upvote 12

10 hours ago, Koala said:

Apparently Alyssa is already recruiting Lori to babysit.

What is wrong with these people?  Lori has openly admitted to inflicting pain on babies.  What mother would EVER leave their child with her?

Per the few IG stories I’ve caught, it appears Alyssa is in the gym several days per week and has also done some ad campaigns. Lori has watched the baby. I too am appalled, but then I think back to Alyssa’s friend who wrote a book with some questionable parenting beliefs, and I’m not necessarily surprised by her choice. We know she’s has a tumultuous relationship with her mother, she was the primary recipient of abusive parenting tactics, and she doesn’t exactly have the best educational foundation. I pray she has a realization of some sort. But Erin hasn’t. Those kids, who are allegedly home schooled, are also with Lori quite a bit. 

4 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

We can overlook reprobate behavior because it suits our purpose, but if a woman works, she is doomed to hell.  For once, I agree with Liam and that kind of scares me.  It just shows how far off the cliff Lori has fallen that her fanboys are giving her pushback.

I feel like I saw Liam post that he is a troll on 2.0 or one of the other sites but I can’t find the post so maybe it was someone else. I do know that he’s “liked” responses that clearly violate and challenge Lori’s beliefs. I’m pretty sure his cover photo is a stock image. 

• Upvote 3

The Suzanne Venker thread is dead so I'm going to share this here instead because Lori would love it.

So ladies remember, you aren't allowed to say no.  In fact, don't say anything at all.  And don't forget to have all the sex your man can handle!

78802575_2553280968042343_17520704903708672_o.thumb.png.8fabeedc512c2a972619e56fb0de2ff1.png

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 4

15 hours ago, usmcmom said:

It makes me furious and sad anytime I see Lori with her grandkids. I am always, for some reason, surprised that Alyssa would leave her baby with Lori.

Me too.  

Because Lori does all the posting with Ken occasionally coming to the rescue, we tend to think that he and their kids disagree with her ... and this is normal thinking on our part.  But, I think they agree with her more than disagree because they leave their kids in her care.  They know wht she has done ... it is all over the internet (in case they don't remember it), BUT they think it is okay because they swallowed the kool-aid.   

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

8 years trying to get pregnant. Cries, prayers, doctors, detox diets, more cries and more prayers and more doctors.

Get pregnant.

Deliver a beautiful baby. 

Sleeptrain the newborn. Cause mothers need a good sleep time to maintain their beauty. 

Use Lori (the person who neglected her kids, beat them and caused eat disorders in her 2 daughters) as a nanny.

I have the feeling that Lori is a bit more normal (less crazy) in her real life. She writes hateful posts and awful advices becuse she's a bad person, but we all know she does not follow her own advices. So Ryan and Alyssa leave kids there because they know they will be fed and diapers will be changed if needed... And nobody will be holding (AKA spoiling) the babies.

Alyssa seems so lovely, but I see a thick lay of vanity over her. And don't forget she is in the submission wagon. She just knows how to use a sweet and modern language, conversely to her mother.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

So today Lori's minions are trying to one-up each other on "who spends the most time with their kids/who has gone the longest without ever having time to themselves." 

We have one commenter who claims that her children were born at home and have literally never been separated from her. 

Another never left their children with a sitter/family member until they were in middle school. 

But yet...Lori's grandchildren spend tons of time with her while their parents do whatever it is they are doing. So needing time away from the kids is fine for her children, but absolutely forbidden for her followers. Of course. 

• Upvote 16

1 hour ago, SueEllenMishke said:

So today Lori's minions are trying to one-up each other on "who spends the most time with their kids/who has gone the longest without ever having time to themselves." 

We have one commenter who claims that her children were born at home and have literally never been separated from her. 

Another never left their children with a sitter/family member until they were in middle school. 

But yet...Lori's grandchildren spend tons of time with her while their parents do whatever it is they are doing. So needing time away from the kids is fine for her children, but absolutely forbidden for her followers. Of course. 

And no one calls Lori out for having a nanny. Hypocrite level infinity!

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, SueEllenMishke said:

nother never left their children with a sitter/family member until they were in middle school. 

Yes...strong irony today.   If I weren't banned on every platform, I would ask: if mother's arent' allowed to have breaks, why doesn't that apply to her daughters and DILs?   She has even written posts and made videos about how as part of her Godly grandmotherly duties she likes to give them "breaks"   SO let me get this straight.....the women in HER family can get breaks, but the rest of us...tough luck. 

She's on my last nerve today. 

• Upvote 12

5 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

I wonder where Ryan got his medical license.  

429348.jpg

Uh...exhibit A is Michelle Duggar’s last two pregnancies, I guess???

?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

56 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

?

Exhibit B Jill Rodrigues

• Upvote 8

51 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

?

I turned 40 this year and I've decided that even if I meet someone soon there is no way I want to get pregnant.  The chances of serious complications and birth defects is just too high.  Maybe it's selfish, but I'm not willing to take the chance!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

"There's a reason God made it so 50-year-old women can't have children."  My mother, after babysitting my niece and nephew for 8 weeks during the summer of around 1995 when they were 5 and 6 years old.  The same woman who called my cousin who is a Lori-huge-fangirl "a kook."

• Upvote 12

6 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

"There's a reason God made it so 50-year-old women can't have children."  My mother, after babysitting my niece and nephew for 8 weeks during the summer of around 1995 when they were 5 and 6 years old.  The same woman who called my cousin who is a Lori-huge-fangirl "a kook."

yup...I was taking care of my infant grandson back then, Nope, too old for this shit. I might be able to take a week or two of my 6 & 7 year old grands, but then I KNOW I'm going to want to send them home. 

• Upvote 10

It's odd that Lori hasn't posted to FB today.  She's already on Twitter, Instagram, and her blog. 

Wonder if she's in FB jail again...

Scratch that- HOPE she's in FB jail again!  I may be wrong for saying it, but I'd be practically gleeful if Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook banned her.  Sorry.  Not really, though...

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

Well she posted on her blog from a man who feels he shouldn't have more children because his wife is too busy being a mom to pay attention to him anymore, and that he feels the crushing weight of having to be their sole provider. AKA this man has discovered everything wrong with Lori's (and other fundies') philosophy. Of course, her blog post does nothing to fix the problem.

It's so contradictory to post that women should be with their children 24/7 and don't "need" breaks, and then the very next day post that women shouldn't focus on their children so much and their first priority is to their husband. Logically, wouldn't it make sense that a woman with less children and more time to herself would have more time and energy to do things with her husband? Not in Lori-land! 

• Upvote 13

40 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

Well she posted on her blog from a man who feels he shouldn't have more children because his wife is too busy being a mom to pay attention to him anymore, and that he feels the crushing weight of having to be their sole provider. AKA this man has discovered everything wrong with Lori's (and other fundies') philosophy. Of course, her blog post does nothing to fix the problem.

It's so contradictory to post that women should be with their children 24/7 and don't "need" breaks, and then the very next day post that women shouldn't focus on their children so much and their first priority is to their husband. Logically, wouldn't it make sense that a woman with less children and more time to herself would have more time and energy to do things with her husband? Not in Lori-land! 

Lori's never functioned without having self-care before, not once in her entire life. She had her nanny take care of her children so she could sleep. She had help when she was sick. She couldn't handle the stress of having Ken in the emergency room, so she went back to their vacation home...to do what? Self-care. She has no idea what it's like to just give and give and give until you're empty. And then have to give more when you're empty. She has no idea what it's like and cannot even fathom that feeling.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

59 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

Of course, her blog post does nothing to fix the problem.

It's so contradictory to post that women should be with their children 24/7 and don't "need" breaks, and then the very next day post that women shouldn't focus on their children so much and their first priority is to their husband.

Everything you said.  Her blog today answered exactly nothing .  Basically just reiterated what the guy wrote.

Anyone trying to learn anything from her is sadly misguided.  She is a walking contradiction.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

You would think that people so enamored of the "good old days" would know that children have pretty much always been raised by a WHOLE family, not just the mother with the father stepping in occasionally. The wealthy in many times would, like Lori, have nannies and nurses to help with the children. But children have always spent time with grandparents, friends, neighbors, etc. In biblical times I'm pretty sure most households were not mom, dad and their children. It'd more likely have been mom, dad, a set of grandparents, possibly aunts and uncles and cousins... maybe an apprentice if the dad was a craftsman, etc. Everybody worked as they were able, children through adult. Mom didn't spend entire days doing child care alone (until the oldest daughter was old enough to take over some of it). There have always been family, friends, etc. who helped out with children. Not just mom, and not just mom and the older siblings. 

On December 12, 2019 at 11:57 AM, SueEllenMishke said:

Do they realize how terrible that can be for their kids in the long run? Kids need to learn some independence, and to increase that as they are older in an age appropriate way. Lori seems to think that having a single mom will mess kids up (though her examples were the opposite of that, IMO), but don't they realize that never separating from mom is unhealthy also? I sometimes enjoy reading and watching true crime stuff, and while an unstable childhood isn't uncommon in the backgrounds of murderers and other criminals, some of the worst ones were actually unhealthily attached to their mothers, whether the father was involved in the family or not. 

What happens if, like we've seen recently, the mom has a sudden illness or accident leading to death? How is a child who has literally never been outside of their mother's shouting distance, and has never ever been cared for by anyone else, not even a family member supposed to deal with that? How is a child whose primary parent has never trusted another family member to care for them going to be OK with accepting comfort and help from others? How is a child who has never been trusted to spend time away from mom going to learn to trust themselves?

And how, exactly, is a child who has never been separated from their mother until middle school or older expected to get married and start caring for not only themselves but also their own children just a handful of years later?

Also, modeling that kind of self-sacrifice is terrible. I mean sure, the kids needs have to be met first, but parents are people and need to take care of themselves also. Kids have to understand that.

42 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Lori's never functioned without having self-care before, not once in her entire life. She had her nanny take care of her children so she could sleep. She had help when she was sick. She couldn't handle the stress of having Ken in the emergency room, so she went back to their vacation home...to do what? Self-care. She has no idea what it's like to just give and give and give until you're empty. And then have to give more when you're empty. She has no idea what it's like and cannot even fathom that feeling.

Lori has never known what it's like to give... at all. IMO, anyway. This is a woman who couldn't be bothered to come home when her mother was dying, or to stay with her husband when he was in ICU. Lori takes and takes, but never gives.

And don't get me started about her supporting Trump because he claims to oppose abortion. There's no way in this universe that man hasn't paid for at least one abortion. And besides, that's like supporting Satan because he likes dogs. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

Thank God I was an alligator mom. I could not and would not handle 24/7/365 with my kids....just no. When I lived in Indiana with the X, I'd drive home to VA every summer for a week or two, ditch the kids with my parents and GAME ON!!! My parents could spoil the kids rotten and I had no real responsibility for that time. I used to look forward to that! I mean, I didn't dump the kids and disappear, but it was more my parents spent time with the kids and I got to hang out with friends and be someone other than the kids' mom and the X's wife (which sucked ass anyway). When I moved back to VA, met and married Mr. Xtian, my friends and I would trade off on the kids...until they were 13-14 and didn't really need a babysitter. 

There's no way I could be around my kids 24/7, I'd lose my shit in a minute. There's STILL no way I could be around my kids 24/7. Love 'em beyond reason but they are the ones who have the ability to make me lose my shit in a minute.

• Upvote 10

4 hours ago, Koala said:

It's odd that Lori hasn't posted to FB today.  She's already on Twitter, Instagram, and her blog. 

Wonder if she's in FB jail again...

Scratch that- HOPE she's in FB jail again!  I may be wrong for saying it, but I'd be practically gleeful if Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook banned her.  Sorry.  Not really, though...

I sincerely hope she's in FB jail again!  That woman needs to be shut down.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Someone on Twitter just asked if she got a 30 day ban.  Is that a thing?  Please, please, please let it be a thing.  'Tis the season of gifts, after all.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic