IGNORED

Lori Alexander 73: Looking for Reading Comprehension, Empathy, or Self-awareness.

Apparently, a couple of her former churches asked her to no longer “mentor” women.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

Just now, smittykins said:

Apparently, a couple of her former churches asked her to no longer “mentor” women.

Good for them! She doesn't mentor! She judges and pushes her beliefs on people. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

20 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I just saw comments from a couple of days back from a female orthopedic surgeon who said she doesn't feel guilty about working. Lori's replies were that she was misled and she said that other people could fulfill her role as a surgeon, but no one else could fulfill her role as a mother. The surgeon replied that she disagreed with Lori and that she feels being a surgeon is God's plan for her. 

And here Lori is also wrong. Not everyone can become a surgeon, it needs dedication, brain and talent, that not everyone had. The female surgeon who did my gastric sleeve over 3 years ago just got an award for her lifetime work dedicated to the research and developing in bariatric surgery. She is one of the leading surgeons in that field, is leading a study to collect the data on bariatric surgery, was leading in developing the guidlines for hospitals to get certificated to offer bariatric surgeries and developed the unique threatment programme of pre- surgery, surgery and post- surgery treatment wich consists of dieticians, sport programme and psychological conseling. And she is teaching general surgery at the university in Magdeburg, while still doing surgery. I don't know if she is married or had children, but she is a really nice and empathic person.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 13

Thats something that Lori doesn't understand, that you DON'T have to be married or have children to be successful or happy.  

My husband and I are talking about not even having children, if it happens it happens. Even if we don't have kids we're still going to be happy. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 8

@rayneflower I don't think that Lori knows what real happiness is. Or that success came in more shapes than just marry wealthy, stay home and raise kids that become the same like their parents.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 8

Just now, klein_roeschen said:

@rayneflower I don't think that Lori knows what real happiness is. Or that success came in more shapes than just marry wealthy, stay home and raise kids that become the same like their parents.

For real!

Stay home take naps all day, force feed slime salads, pay people to clean all day for you, force your husband into having another child, pay people to watch your children, then demand the months long vacation every year!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

49 minutes ago, rayneflower said:

Lori doesn't understand that a working mother, while yes they need to provide childcare for the children, at least they can provide a GOOD life for the children. More money to go on family vacations,

And she doesn't care if they go on vacations.  She also doesn't care if they are working so the family can simply eat.   Keep the lights on.  Have shoes.  She only cares that she is right about everything and feels the need to tell everyone how to live.   

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 4

I want her to live a day in the shoes of someone who is trying to live on one income, and a measley one at that. Raise multiple childgren on it, buy food, pay the mortgage, etc. So that she will see that it can't be done! Sometimes GOD gives a 'keeper' a hjob offer to answer prayers!! 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 4

On 11/9/2019 at 11:37 AM, hollyfeller said:

Here's a gem from today.  I guess penis = moneymaker?  So does that mean vagina = house arrest for life?  It's so ridiculous how some people want to assign roles based on genitalia.

biology.thumb.JPG.a989b6fcbf350b553ccdce66d049a7e6.JPG

This is pretty much the opposite of biology, isn't it? I mean, a mother knows a kid is hers. She has them one (or two or more for multiples) at a time, generally spaced a year or more apart. The man? He can go out and get many women pregnant, (creating many families) claim none of the kids are his, and before paternity tests just stroll off to keep spreading his genetic material around. So yeah, the woman has to raise and nurture the kids, but she also has to be the "breadwinner" in many cases. There's nothing about a penis that causes a man to provide for a family. The woman probably hopes he will, but there's no guarantee.

Historically it was probably the women Loris age doing more of the "keeping the home", while the younger women (and men) were out working. Extended families often lived together and literally everyone who could walk was doing some sort of work. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, rayneflower said:

I want her to live a day in the shoes of someone who is trying to live on one income, and a measley one at that. Raise multiple childgren on it, buy food, pay the mortgage, etc. So that she will see that it can't be done! Sometimes GOD gives a 'keeper' a hjob offer to answer prayers!! 

Have a car with two wheels in the junkyard and the other two on banana peels.  Go to the library to use a computer, within the allotted time.  Use one of those low-income phones with limited monthly minutes, no camera, and no Internet access.

• Upvote 8

50 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Have a car with two wheels in the junkyard and the other two on banana peels.  Go to the library to use a computer, within the allotted time.  Use one of those low-income phones with limited monthly minutes, no camera, and no Internet access.

I was just involved in a twitter conversation about seeking employment. A few said their employers would throw out written applications and such if they want people to apply online and they “don’t listen” and turn in an app by hand or ask for one anyways. And it reminded me of those in poverty who don’t have access to a computer or don’t live near a library. This makes finding a job 10x harder because employers can’t get their act together and be consistent on expectations. I’ve had a few of my applications “lost” in my teens because I didn’t know what the fuck I was doing  I feel like these are the same guys that pay 12 dollars an hour and expect people to have Master’s degrees and work experience. 

So anyways, add husband attempting to find a job with the above mentioned criteria. 

• Upvote 8

Has anyone watched her newest video?

If not, go check it out starting at the 33 second mark.  Something is clearly VERY wrong with Lori.  She is barely able to string her words together.

The more I am watching, the more I am STUNNED that her family hasn't sought medical intervention.  Listen carefully- even reading, she's confusing her words.  

This is crazy.  She looks completely unhinged, as well...

Spoiler

ee.PNG.3ca11055ee3546e086a6b0e23d6a621f.PNG

Edited by Koala
  • Upvote 7

4 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

And here Lori is also wrong. Not everyone can become a surgeon, it needs dedication, brain and talent, that not everyone had. The female surgeon who did my gastric sleeve over 3 years ago just got an award for her lifetime work dedicated to the research and developing in bariatric surgery. She is one of the leading surgeons in that field, is leading a study to collect the data on bariatric surgery, was leading in developing the guidlines for hospitals to get certificated to offer bariatric surgeries and developed the unique threatment programme of pre- surgery, surgery and post- surgery treatment wich consists of dieticians, sport programme and psychological conseling. And she is teaching general surgery at the university in Magdeburg, while still doing surgery. I don't know if she is married or had children, but she is a really nice and empathic person.

I thought the same thing too. Lori has said similar things in the past. For example, years ago on her old blog she talked about how women with children shouldn't be working as nurses. Her suggestion was that more men, women with adult children, and women without children should be nurses. 

Not everyone can become surgeons, nurses, physical therapists, or other needed medical professionals. There are probably some people who have the brain and the talent, but do not want work in healthcare.  I saw this with an intelligent male friend of mine. He considered going into nursing in college.  He's one of the kindest of people I know and I think he would have been a terrific nurse. But, when he talked with working nurses, he felt it would have been the wrong field for him because of crazy work hours, chaotic hospital environments, and other issues.  He went into engineering instead. 

Edited by lilwriter85
  • Upvote 8

28 minutes ago, Koala said:

There is something wrong with her. She's got the crazy eyes I see on some of the mentally ill homeless people here. But @Ken has no desire to get her help whatsoever. She's seriously in desperate need of help but will never get it. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

No, she doesn't go out preaching to her neighbors to repent.  She just gossips about everyone on social media and in her chat room.

• Upvote 10

Nursing is actually a great career for a working mom. They can work the weekend shift, three 12 hour shifts, and their husband/partner can be there with the kids so they don’t have to go to daycare. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

I would love for Lori to spend a day in someone else’s shoes, other than one of her leghumpers.  

I am an elementary school teacher. I had always wanted to be a teacher, since I was six years old. I also wanted to be a SAHM like my own mother.  When I was pregnant with my first child, I was torn. I wanted to stay home, but I also loved my students. Our financial situation made the decision for me. I returned to the classroom and left my son with a very good family friend. Yes, I felt guilt, but our family relied on my salary. 

After my second child, I was able to stay home. I toyed with the idea of homeschooling my children. I felt qualified, having a teaching certificate and teaching experience. My eldest did not respond well to me being his parent and teacher. The choice was made to send him to a Catholic school. After the second went to school, I needed more than sitting at home. I yearned to teach again. Like others have mentioned, teaching is a great career to have as a working mom. My schedule almost mirrored my sons’ and I had two grandpas on hand to help. My husband is in law enforcement and his crazy schedule sometimes made me feel like a single parent. 

My boys are now adults. They are successful and well educated. Even with 13 years of Catholic schooling, neither of them have any love for church. They are believers, they just don’t practice their faith. 

Back to my original point. I currently teach children that come from challenging homes. Some are from single parents, some live in poverty, some have parents that are incarcerated or fear a family member may be deported. I LOVE my students like they are my own children. I know they cannot wait to go to school because there is a sense of stability, peace, and no judgement. Lori cannot fathom that I would choose to be with these kids than a helpmeet for my husband. She cannot imagine that there are people with less than her. She is in a bubble and refuses to acknowledge that God has plans for all of us. The Bible is not an instructional manual or rule book. 

TLDR; I teach kids and don’t regret being with them and away from my family.  Working moms are awesome and have a lot to offer. Lori will never understand. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 13

Lori appears confused, angry even on her latest about women being silent in churches. Did someone in her immediate family ruffle her feathers? Did she encounter a woman, who was able to argue against Lori?  It seems that Lori had someone in particular in mind to tear down.  Also I agree that she is coming across more unhinged in every new video. Please @Ken, take her for an evaluation. 

Hope I'm making sense, because I've just had one too many glasses of wine. :)

• Upvote 9

I could only watch a few seconds of Lori's new video because everything about her speech and mannerisms was so annoying. I agree that she seems agitated, angry and confused and is stumbling over her speech. She is NOT a good public speaker and should not be making videos until she works on this. But I suppose she believes she's not supposed to be speaking, so it figures that the presentation would suffer.

I wonder if Lori would dare tell an incarcerated female Chinese house church pastor in the Chinese Underground Church, or a pastor's wife met with the same fate (incarceration by the State) that she was "blaspheming the Gospel"...

The nerve of this woman. Methinks she protests too much. If you know you are right, you aren't shouting from the rooftops constantly, "LISTEN TO ME! I'M RIGHT! YOU ARE ALL WRONG!" 

No. You are quietly confident and secure in knowing that you know that you are correct.

Lori is an insecure little girl.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

I'm in agreement,  I think Lori needs to go to a neurologist and get checked out. Shes in her 60s, it is very possible she could be in the beginning stages of dementia. 

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

"And she can never have an opinion that is not mine, for she is my wife."

Henry VIII speaking of Kateryn Parr in Phillipa Gregory's "The Taming of the Queen."

Sound familiar?

• Upvote 8

13 hours ago, ladyicantxplain said:

I could only watch a few seconds of Lori's new video because everything about her speech and mannerisms was so annoying.

I sat thru the whole thing, twice! :bangheaddesk:   My impression (speculation) she got into an argument with someone online or in person or with someone close to her on this topic (a family member perhaps).   In the past she had often admitted to making a video after having  a discussion in the chat room on some topic or about some "controversy" in the "Christian sphere/blogs" she reads.   I think she does this so she can be the ONLY/FINAL voice in the room. Where in other online areas or in person, the other person might try to make their point and back it up or there is ongoing dialogue by many.  But in Lori's videos she is THE ONLY AUTHORITY.

She seems mighty unraveled in that video like she is trying to hold it all together out of anger or frustration.  She appears close to tears almost. Something got her upset to the point she needed to make a video about it. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

16 hours ago, Koala said:

Has anyone watched her newest video?

If not, go check it out starting at the 33 second mark.  Something is clearly VERY wrong with Lori.  She is barely able to string her words together.

The more I am watching, the more I am STUNNED that her family hasn't sought medical intervention.  Listen carefully- even reading, she's confusing her words.  

I got about halfway through, where Lori is telling us when a woman can speak in church.  Why is she coming up with exceptions?  Doesn't her Bible say women are to be SILENT in church?  Doesn't she care about her god's perfect ways?  I thought Lori didn't want to talk about exceptions to her own 'god's' commands. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic