IGNORED

Lori Alexander 73: Looking for Reading Comprehension, Empathy, or Self-awareness.

7 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Did you see On the Basis of Sex by any chance?  It was about one of the first sex discrimination suits where the plaintiff won.  The plaintiff was a man caring for his elderly mother and he'd been denied a tax exemption for the expenses of a paid caregiver for his mom.   A woman would have been granted the exemption.  Ruth Bader Ginsberg was his attorney. 

It's a terrific film!

It was actually case from here in beautiful central New Jersey.  A wife died in childbirth and the husband applied for Social Security benefits so he could stay home and care for the newborn.  He was denied because the benefit at the time was only for widows.  RBG and her clinic at Rutgers Law School* (shameless plug for my alma mater)   took the case all the way to the Supreme Court.  She won of course,  because she's RBG and now Social Security offers benefits to widowed parents (moms or dads) of minor children under 16 or disabled.  Incidentally, RBG performed the guy's second marriage a few years ago. So there you have a  Jersey story that doesn't involve Bruce Springsteen.  You can thank me later.

* She left Rutgers long before I got there and I regret not having the opportunity to take a class with her.

Edited by cindyluvs24
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 9

What I’ve seen with working with children is if the dad puts in any small amount of effort, and I do mean small, they’ll get at least visitation. However, that’s when they tend to discover they know shit all about their kids lives and can’t even figure out how to take their kids to the doctor. That’s of course a jaded, judgmental thought. On average, it’s the mothers who are bringing their kids into therapy. 

What the guys on Lori’s page don’t realize is that they’re divorced because they’re awful people. 

Also, if guys don’t want to have to pay child support the solution is simple, don’t have sex. Or stop complaining about protection and begging women not to make you use a condom. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

11 hours ago, cindyluvs24 said:

It was actually case from here in beautiful central New Jersey.  A wife died in childbirth and the husband applied for Social Security benefits so he could stay home and care for the newborn.  He was denied because the benefit at the time was only for widows.  RBG and her clinic at Rutgers Law School* (shameless plug for my alma mater)   took the case all the way to the Supreme Court.  She won of course,  because she's RBG and now Social Security offers benefits to widowed parents (moms or dads) of minor children under 16 or disabled.  Incidentally, RBG performed the guy's second marriage a few years ago. So there you have a  Jersey story that doesn't involve Bruce Springsteen.  You can thank me later.

* She left Rutgers long before I got there and I regret not having the opportunity to take a class with her.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know how that came about. An unmarried child from 16-18 that is in school will get benefits. From SSA website:

Who receives benefits?

Certain family members may be eligible to receive monthly benefits, including:

A widow or widower age 60 or older (age 50 or older if disabled);

A surviving divorced spouse, under certain circumstances;

A widow or widower at any age who is caring for the deceased’s child who is under age 16 or disabled and receiving benefits on their record;

An unmarried child of the deceased who is:

Younger than age 18 (or up to age 19 if he or she is a full-time student in an elementary or secondary school); or

Age 18 or older with a disability that began before age 22.

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

What the guys on Lori’s page don’t realize is that they’re divorced because they’re awful people. 

Exactly. 

For years, I thought that divorce was the worst, the unforgivable sin that immediately disqualifies a person from any service to God.  Yes, I believed that, and no, I didn't come up with it on my own.  You see where such beliefs come from!

Now I've been married long enough and seen enough to know that divorce is not the root of the problem. Even Jesus said that the root of the problem wasn't the divorce itself, but hardness of heart. Whose heart is hard? The one of the person who finally gives up and files, or the one who won't change their ways? 

• Upvote 10

9 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Also, if guys don’t want to have to pay child support the solution is simple, don’t have sex. Or stop complaining about protection and begging women not to make you use a condom. 

I would pay cash money to see anyone in power tell men to “keep it in your pants or use a condom” instead of telling women to “keep your legs closed.”

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 12

10 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Sounds fair to me.  If they are going to tell women not to have sex if they don't want to be mothers, they can do the same if they don't want to be fathers. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 12

19 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Oh! I almost forgot to share this! It’s a screenshot somebody shared on Twitter. 

C554E6DF-26BA-4361-A4C0-EAC3E1151F97.jpeg

OK, seriously. Lori is either in serious cognitive decline or one of the dumbest people ever to figure out how to get on the internet, or a combination of both. @Ken could you please explain to your wife what "medical debt" is, why it's not a choice, and how she'd be in loads of it if she hadn't managed to hitch herself to you? Also please get her to a doctor for a checkup, her brain function appears to be dropping toward the level of a potato. 

(Also, @feministxtian - for some reason I can't send messages on my iPad, but wanted to send a hug and let you know I'm thinking of you this time of year!)

• Upvote 12
  • Love 4

11 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

OK, seriously. Lori is either in serious cognitive decline or one of the dumbest people ever to figure out how to get on the internet, or a combination of both. @Ken could you please explain to your wife what "medical debt" is, why it's not a choice, and how she'd be in loads of it if she hadn't managed to hitch herself to you? Also please get her to a doctor for a checkup, her brain function appears to be dropping toward the level of a potato. 

(Also, @feministxtian - for some reason I can't send messages on my iPad, but wanted to send a hug and let you know I'm thinking of you this time of year!)

I was scratching my head on this one as well.  I read this as the person was asking about debt due to illness/hospital bills etc.  The person did not ask about medical school debt.  

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I was scratching my head on this one as well.  I read this as the person was asking about debt due to illness/hospital bills etc.  The person did not ask about medical school debt.  

I agree...she didn't read the whole comment thoroughly, or she misunderstood, or she's just plain incapable of reading comprehension at this point. She just went right to her default answer about college debt.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

14 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

What I’ve seen with working with children is if the dad puts in any small amount of effort, and I do mean small, they’ll get at least visitation. However, that’s when they tend to discover they know shit all about their kids lives and can’t even figure out how to take their kids to the doctor. That’s of course a jaded, judgmental thought. On average, it’s the mothers who are bringing their kids into therapy. 

But, but men have urges, have needs that a woman must fullfill or they will wither and waste away if no woman they deem worthy is taking care of that. And if she get's pregnant, than it's only her fault, because he only wanted his natural need fullfilled. Why is he than responsible for a child he never wanted? We can't punish these poor men, because they only followed their nature and can't expect them to pay or even care for children they never wanted, what a crime.*

*This post can have traces of sarcasm found in them

4 hours ago, onemama said:

Exactly. 

For years, I thought that divorce was the worst, the unforgivable sin that immediately disqualifies a person from any service to God.  Yes, I believed that, and no, I didn't come up with it on my own.  You see where such beliefs come from!

Now I've been married long enough and seen enough to know that divorce is not the root of the problem. Even Jesus said that the root of the problem wasn't the divorce itself, but hardness of heart. Whose heart is hard? The one of the person who finally gives up and files, or the one who won't change their ways? 

If put away the religious aspect of marriage it just leave's a contract between 2 people, who will get certain rights and obligations and promising to care for each other when saying "I do". Sometimes you find someone with whom you will stay forever, sometimes you don't, every divorced couple has their own story and own reason to go their separate ways. And like other contracts, I don't see any non- religious reasons to not cancel a marriage contract.

23 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Oh! I almost forgot to share this! It’s a screenshot somebody shared on Twitter. 

C554E6DF-26BA-4361-A4C0-EAC3E1151F97.jpeg

Well, she is in her cruelty almost logical. Since women in her world are at home and don't have any income, they can't pay their medical debt off and so, no medical services for her, if her male family members can't pay for that. You can always pray for your healing and well, if that didn't happened your'e a sinner and deserve it. Since we know that she didn't posses any empathy, that answer surprises doesn't me.

And I'm in the middle of binge- watching season 3 of the Handmaids tale, that didn't brings out my optimistic and sunny side of personality.

Edited by klein_roeschen
forgott a word
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I agree...she didn't read the whole comment thoroughly, or she misunderstood, or she's just plain incapable of reading comprehension at this point. She just went right to her default answer about college debt.

Or, she's just that out of touch. I'd be willing to bet she went from her parents taking care of all her medical costs to Ken taking care of all her medical costs, and has no idea that "medical debt" is really a thing. I'm sure Lori has never had to even think about whether to go to a doctor or not because of costs. I bet she's never had to debate whether to pay $2400 - $12000 a year (those are real figures, BTW) for insurance that only covers preventative care until an $8000 deductible has been met, or to go without insurance and hope all is well for the year. 

I have a couple more days to decide, but I'm leaning toward no insurance at this point. $2400 is more than preventative care would cost, and with the $8000 deductible on top of that? Any major illness or injury is going to bankrupt me at this point anyway, and I can put away that $2400 into emergency savings instead of giving it to an insurance company that'll just profit from it. 

All Lori knows is that she goes to the doctor when she needs to, and that's it. Ken pays for everything, she is simply clueless.

Lori, the world's laziest leech.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 7
  • I Agree 1

@Alisamer - I gave a sad reaction because of the sad state of affairs our country has put people in when it comes to health care. I am sorry your decision is between plan option one (poo) and deuce under (i)nsurance guarantee (dung). 

• Upvote 12

Under Lori's FB post whining that women are short-sighted and selfish, so men have to lead: '...innocent children and babies, too...' 'They were not innocent, and neither are you.'  Babies aren't innocent?  WTF??!  It's been there for almost half an hour as of now, so we can probably assume that Lori is OK with it, since she hasn't used her lightning delete finger that she brags about.  

15092348.jpg

• WTF 7

1 hour ago, klein_roeschen said:

every divorced couple has their own story and own reason to go their separate ways.

I agree with you, @klein_roeschen.

3 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I read this as the person was asking about debt due to illness/hospital bills etc.  The person did not ask about medical school debt.  

And Lori only saw the word "debt" and gave her standard answer: ok for men, if necessary. Never ok for women. She doesn't realize that her answer is cruel or stupid, or both.  She doesn't seem to read full comments these days. Remember the ones of a certain troll taking the mickey?  They made it through to  her comment section. She didn't read past the male name and "I agree..."

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

have a couple more days to decide, but I'm leaning toward no insurance at this point. $2400 is more than preventative care would cost, and with the $8000 deductible on top of that? Any major illness or injury is going to bankrupt me at this point anyway, and I can put away that $2400 into emergency savings instead of giving it to an insurance company that'll just profit from it. 

i gambled last year and didn't need a doctor.  Wondering if I can do it again this year...  few more days to decide.

Edited by SweetLaurel
adding
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 4

CB2F843E-B7C8-405A-95C5-5DD5C9010965.thumb.jpeg.1e9a5110e51a38a3e1fffa84461f4518.jpeg

Can’t find any studies because there aren’t any. It depends on the person. Most guys I know think about the here and now not the future. Most females I know plan for their futures. It also depends on if they have a family. 

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, rayneflower said:

I think Lori needs to see this. 

FB_IMG_1576013918000.jpg

There needs to be a third column, just for Lori, who puts herself first. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

6 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

But, but men have urges, have needs that a woman must fullfill or they will wither and waste away if no woman they deem worthy is taking care of that. And if she get's pregnant, than it's only her fault, because he only wanted his natural need fullfilled. Why is he than responsible for a child he never wanted? We can't punish these poor men, because they only followed their nature and can't expect them to pay or even care for children they never wanted, what a crime.*

*This post can have traces of sarcasm found in them

Ya know, I’ve been thinking. If part of a plant is diseased and can’t be cured or a human limb can’t be saved people cut it off to save the rest. Perhaps, if men are experiencing the withering or wasting away of their penis they should just .... cut it off. You know to save the whole person. I mean it’s kinda what Jesus said, right? It’s a win, win really. No one gets pregnant and no one sins. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Under Lori's FB post whining that women are short-sighted and selfish, so men have to lead: '...innocent children and babies, too...' 'They were not innocent, and neither are you.'  Babies aren't innocent?  WTF??!  It's been there for almost half an hour as of now, so we can probably assume that Lori is OK with it, since she hasn't used her lightning delete finger that she brags about.  

15092348.jpg

This was from this afternoon's post, wasn't it? Because oddly enough, the whole thing has disappeared from Facebook. :think:

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Loveday said:

This was from this afternoon's post, wasn't it? Because oddly enough, the whole thing has disappeared from Facebook. :think:

I reported it. Not sure if that’s why it is gone though. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

5 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I reported it. Not sure if that’s why it is gone though. 

Oh, I hope it is why. Thanks for reporting it.:clap: I need to start doing that more often myself with some of her posts and their resulting comments. 

Of course, now we'll get a post about how persecuted she is and how that makes her just like Jesus. :roll:

Edited by Loveday
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Something Lori needs to get through to her narrow minded head-

GOD gave these women the skills and knowledge to become doctors, lawyers, nurse, executives, government officials, etc. They are doing Gods work. She just cant see it that way. 

Does she not use female doctors or nurses? Does she find a all male doctor with male nurses too? She is a ungrateful shrew. She needs to get a grip on reality. 

Is it bad I hope Ken divorces her for a non virgin, tattooed, and has debt? Or one of her sons, or daughter. (Lori's head would explode if one of her kids weren't straight and narrow) 

• Upvote 7

Apparently Alyssa is already recruiting Lori to babysit.

What is wrong with these people?  Lori has openly admitted to inflicting pain on babies.  What mother would EVER leave their child with her?

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 5

30 minutes ago, Koala said:

Apparently Alyssa is already recruiting Lori to babysit.

What is wrong with these people?  Lori has openly admitted to inflicting pain on babies.  What mother would EVER leave their child with her?

It makes me furious and sad anytime I see Lori with her grandkids. I am always, for some reason, surprised that Alyssa would leave her baby with Lori.

I don’t fault Alyssa for working, if that is what she is doing  I just thought she’d be a little more protective of her child. She is taking the easy and dangerous way out by leaving him with Lori. 

And to raise my snark level considerably, I’ll just say it:   I guess that baby makes for some great Instagram posts, though, so she got that out out of him  

• Upvote 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic