• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Lori Alexander 73: Looking for Reading Comprehension, Empathy, or Self-awareness.

Wine time!
ladyicantxplain
On 12/6/2019 at 1:51 PM, usmcmom said:

In case any of you is wondering if Lori is, in fact, JUST LIKE JESUS, wonder no more. She is.  She is watched and persecuted just like Jesus. 

I have been thinking lately that her social media, mainly Twitter and Instagram for now, seem to be a way for her to document her persecution rather than to advance her “ministry.”

The persecution issues are very strong with this one. 

203B708C-91B4-438A-9916-28A46B64FD8C.jpeg

Ummmm.....no, Lori. NO!

This is what YOU HAVE DONE FOR YEARS TO OTHER WOMEN WHO GENUINELY DO MINISTER THE GOSPEL ONLINE!

You're projecting again.

There's a verse in the Bible about that:

New American Standard Bible 
"For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

She used to have an entire file in her chat room calling out all the "false teachers" who were women, of course. 

She's spent the seven years I've known her "scouring" Shiela Wray Gregoire's blog, and other women ministers' platforms, furiously looking for all the errors, and making sure she exposes them.

She shouldn't be too upset that others are doing the same to her blog and "ministry".

Edited by ladyicantxplain

Tired
Sarah92

I think the transformation part is what sickens me about her whole “ministry”. I can’t quite wrap my head around how turning into a “submissive” wife made her a better person. The Bible gives pretty clear guidelines on how we are to treat others. It seems like Lori has been in church most of her life. Did not learn anything? Or is her not learning anything a pattern? I was never taught about submission in detail but I was taught to be kind, loving, and have a servant heart. So the thing is, her meanness wasn’t because she didn’t know better and hadn’t learned about submission, it was because she made a choice to be mean. They had a dysfunctional marriage because they are dysfunctional people. 

Free Jana Duggar

Lori misuses the verse in I Peter about winning your husband without a word.  That passage does not mean to submit to mistreatment. It means if your husband is not a believer, don't nag him about going to church or accepting your faith. Let your kind actions and your example win him over to the Lord

It does not mean to take abuse and just pray things will get better. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 6

Red Hair, Black Dress

I have to say I love it when Ken throws shade on Lori. 

He posted a comment where everyone was discussing submission/ doms & subs that he (and by extension men in general) were to treat their wives with love and kindness whether or not the wives were submissive.

He stated that's how he treated Lori for all the years of their marriage when she wasn't submissive (umm.... I read that as wasn't kind/nice/loving/not bitchy). But of course he says they are happier and more in love now that she's decided to be submissive (i.e., not a raging harpy bitch).

Without defending Ken at all, let's unpack all the things he did for Lori all those years she was a mean bitch and treated him and the children like dirt:

• He made a very good salary 
  • Paid for a nanny and a housekeeper
  • His money bought a very large 6 bedroom house in a nice neighborhood
  • His money allowed Lori to stay home and not keep house/ raise the children
  • His money paid for Christian schools and later college
  • His money paid for all of Lori's organic food and her woo
  • He cooked for the children because Lori didn't
  • He did his own ironing because Lori wouldn't
  • He put up with Lori's mean bitchiness and all her years of being "so so sick" (jury is still out on believing Lori's 25-year long illness).
  • He put up with a sparse (non-existent?) sex life for years because only now that she's submissive does Lori agree to 5-10 minutes and some lube

And what did he get in return?  Lori. He got Lori. A woman who admits to thousands of followers that she married him without love ... or even like. A woman who couldn't be bothered to cook a meal or iron a shirt for over 25 years.  A woman he wanted to divorce. 

Divorce. That's what "convicted" Lori,. Not a change of heart but the threat of losing her meal ticket and cushy life. Lori submissive? Submissive my eye. Lori is looking out for herself -- just as she always has. Because the only person Lori loves is Lori. The only thing that matters to Lori is her cushy life.  If she has to be fake nice to Ken to keep it, so be it.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

Libby96
On 12/6/2019 at 2:51 PM, usmcmom said:

In case any of you is wondering if Lori is, in fact, JUST LIKE JESUS, wonder no more. She is.  She is watched and persecuted just like Jesus. 

I have been thinking lately that her social media, mainly Twitter and Instagram for now, seem to be a way for her to document her persecution rather than to advance her “ministry.”

The persecution issues are very strong with this one. 

203B708C-91B4-438A-9916-28A46B64FD8C.jpeg

This is irony at its finest.  Lori is not Jesus in this scenario.  She is the Pharisee who is judging other women, burdening them with all kinds of rules not mentioned in scripture.

There is not the Gospel for men and the Gospel for women.  There is just the Gospel.