IGNORED

Lori Alexander 73: Looking for Reading Comprehension, Empathy, or Self-awareness.

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

I’ll just leave this right here. 

9D992D6E-3706-4F9C-9068-C95D9584A7D3.jpeg

WOW! Lori is *so* ignorant of the Bible and of actual Christianity.

Here's a spontaneous sermon from me. (These things happen.)

Pursue education: "Get wisdom, get understanding. (Do not forget my words or turn away from them.) Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding." - Proverbs 4:5-7

Pursue a career with monetary compensation: "Yet we urge you, brothers and sisters... to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody." - 1 Thessalonians 4:10-12

Invest your life in Jesus in order to follow God's will (investing in people is secondary): "Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship." - Romans 12:1

Women, statistically, will usually outlive their husbands. Therefore, it's far more likely that a married woman will gather at his deathbed than that she will be attended by her husband at her own. I suppose, when a beloved husband lays dying, his wife would name all of his virtues and tell him what he meant to her: because they were in love. I suppose that she would still find plenty to say, even if he did spend some of his time and effort on getting an education and making a living, and not all of it 'investing' in her. Likewise, the children (and husband, hypothetically) of a working woman could certainly honour her for her investment in them, for her blessed and praiseworthy life -- in spite of living a balanced and normal modern life.

*This* is what it means to store up treasures in heaven: "Be careful not to practice your righteousness [acts of charity] in front of others to be seen by them. Your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. And when you fast, wash your face, so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven: for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Therefore do not worry about tomorrow. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Matthew 6 (selected verses)

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

So, one of her tweets today is BLASTING female Nurses. Saying they need to be home with their children instead of working. 

Nursing was originally a womans role. It is predominantly women. Especially in labor and delivery. 

She can kiss my ass. That was out of line, way out of line. Nurses are amazing people and they deserve respect!! When my mother in law was dying it was the nurses who came daily who kept my husband and I sane and supported us throughout her disease. 

Nursing needs women, there are women's issues that women would rather have a female nurse in the room for certain lady exams. It's a security thing. Women feel more comfortable with female nurses. It's the world we live in! 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

50 minutes ago, rayneflower said:

So, one of her tweets today is BLASTING female Nurses. Saying they need to be home with their children instead of working. 

Nursing was originally a womans role. It is predominantly women. Especially in labor and delivery. 

She can kiss my ass. That was out of line, way out of line. Nurses are amazing people and they deserve respect!! When my mother in law was dying it was the nurses who came daily who kept my husband and I sane and supported us throughout her disease. 

Nursing needs women, there are women's issues that women would rather have a female nurse in the room for certain lady exams. It's a security thing. Women feel more comfortable with female nurses. It's the world we live in! 

My family is full of nurses. They would find Lori contemptible, but they'd still do everything they could to take care of her if she ended up in one of their hospital beds. It's just what they do.

No matter how much a nurse might get paid, it's never enough, in my book.

The things nurses have to do for people would make Lori run screaming if she was required to do even one of those things for a member of her own family. Hell, I'D probably run screaming. The difference is, I think I'd come back and get down to it once I stopped screaming. Lori wouldn't stop til she got to Door County, where she'd vacation for three months. :my_dodgy:

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Uh oh. Is Christmas going to go the way of Halloween? Next year will Lori celebrate Christmas only because Ken says she has to (oh poor submissive Lori! What a martyr for the cause!)

On fb her followers are having a pissing contest over who celebrates the fewest Christian holidays. Apparently those who celebrate the least are the best Christians. Kind of like the the "who's the poorest" contests they regularly have with each other.

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, rayneflower said:

So, one of her tweets today is female Nurses. Saying they need to be home with their children instead of working. 

Just for fun , I'll put this here .   

Edited by Marmion

She'll be on her deathbed saying "Give me my phone.  I must continue my ministry.  The blasphemous working women need to be chastised."

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 16

Lori would have ran screaming mad if she had to do what I did when my MIL was sick with severe dementia, and living with my husband and I. My house was a mess because I was up sometimes 24 hours straight when hospice placed her on their watch list.  Not to mention, my amazing husband would clean the house, cook dinner, and help me with Mom;  so I didn't have to do Lori can't handle big tasks, she can barely handle small tasks. She doesn't even know compassion, I don't know how Ken doesn't just pack his bags and tell her to F off. She needs a reality check. She doesn't know what people go through. 

She would run for the hills if she was having to be a caregiver and sit by someones bedside hours at a time only taking a break to go to the bathroom, get meds together, let the dogs out, etc. She wouldn't know how to manage everything. She can barely manage a house or kids. 

She's saying these things because she doesnt have the COURAGE to be a nurse, or sit by her husband when they thought he wasn't going to make it. IF it's not what Lori wants, she doesn't care. She doesn't have the compassion or heart to even be a decent wife or mother. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

We know neither Lori nor Ken ever acknowledged the nurses who took care of him when he had his “Lyme’s Carditis” (seriously; if I nearly died, I’d pronounce my disease correctly, but whatever) 

But maybe Lori heard Ken make a passing comment about those nurses - a comment that was almost complimentary. I doubt it, but something has triggered her newest anti-nurse rant. 

Regarding the “death bed” nonsense she shared earlier - I wonder how Lori’s poor mother felt if she had any awareness that her daughter could not come to her bedside as she died. How must her father have felt that his daughter was so vile and selfish?  Lori’s sisters? I wonder if the whole family just operates to please Lori. 

What if, when Ken was so ill, Lori’s sons had said “Sorry, Mom and dad; we’re not going to go to the hospital.  Keep us posted.”  

• Upvote 17

6 hours ago, Florita said:

On fb her followers are having a pissing contest over who celebrates the fewest Christian holidays.

Um...uh.. this is In. Sane. Seriously BSC

Wouldn't Christians want to celebrate Christian holidays?  They are in honor of a Christian event or milestone -- you  know monumental things like Christ's birth and Resurrection. Or is celebrating forbidden for fundies?

I'll admit that we Catholics might have what seems like an excess of celebrating - what with saints' feast days, All Saints and All Souls days, the Assumption of Mary, to name a few.  But they are important days to us. Not that we go all out with big dinners and decorations.  There is no Assumption of Mary tree.

But ..uh... oh yeah I forgot... Catholics aren't Christians according to fundies.  Never mind the above. 

Edited to add:

What's with this Christmas is evil thing that God has revealed to so many of Lori's leghumpers?

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 12

I think Lori has a negative on anything that requires celebrating; and the focus being off her. 

She needs to pick up a BIBLE and read it cover to cover, she needs to stop nitpicking the Bible. 

• Upvote 9

15 hours ago, kpmom said:

And when your husband is (possibly) on his death bed, your children will be gathered around him, but you'll be two hours away at a vacation house.

I'm sure he prefers it that way. Who would want to see Lori by his deathbed?

• Upvote 9

Last night Lori posted an article about Kanye preaching in a men's prison. Among the responses was this one:

Madam, it is posts like this that remind me how gullible you are.

And then Ken responded thusly:

Gullible or willing to trust others until they prove differently in the faith? Jesus was pretty gullible Himself wasn't he :)?

To which, after she most likely picked her shocked jaw up off the floor, another reader responded:

Ken Alexander, did you just call Jesus gullible!? He knew all hearts and thoughts!

From Ken:

*crickets*

Of course, didn't Ken once say that Jesus was wrong about something? Nothing that comes from Ken surprises me after that one. :my_dodgy:

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 6

Lori's got more adulation for Kanye on Facebook. I want to say I didn't see that coming, but I should have. IME at Christian school, evangelicals fall hard and quickly for any celebrity that gives even just lip service to Jesus-y stuff. I remember Sammy Sosa had a little "Jesus helps me hit home runs" schtick during the big home run year of 1998, so they proclaimed him a Christian and were enamored with him but hated Mark McGwire for never being Jesus-y and at some point saying the phrase "the man upstairs".  A lot of them were very hard core about their sports teams having to have (alleged) "Christians" in order to be worthy. 

They also passed around weird rumors about random celebrities converting to evangelicalism. None were ever true. 

• Upvote 9

20191116_113344.thumb.jpg.9423514cad3b7a9decada016b7cb1165.jpg

I decided to make this tweet appropriate: 

I get butt hurt when I get unfollowed. No one should disagree with me. It matters highly to me. I preach to go viral again. I am starved for attention. If you disagree with me, then you are wrong. I am always right. I am pushing my beliefs on you because I want to brainwash everyone. 

That's better. 

I'll be praying for you Lori. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Lori's got more adulation for Kanye on Facebook. I want to say I didn't see that coming, but I should have. IME at Christian school, evangelicals fall hard and quickly for any celebrity that gives even just lip service to Jesus-y stuff. I remember Sammy Sosa had a little "Jesus helps me hit home runs" schtick during the big home run year of 1998, so they proclaimed him a Christian and were enamored with him but hated Mark McGwire for never being Jesus-y and at some point saying the phrase "the man upstairs".  A lot of them were very hard core about their sports teams having to have (alleged) "Christians" in order to be worthy. 

They also passed around weird rumors about random celebrities converting to evangelicalism. None were ever true. 

They wouldn't have liked McGwire anyway, he's Catholic. And asked for permission to meet the Pope when he came to St. Louis. A cardinal and a Pope

cardinal and a pope.jpg

• Upvote 6

32 minutes ago, eport said:

They wouldn't have liked McGwire anyway, he's Catholic. And asked for permission to meet the Pope when he came to St. Louis. A cardinal and a Pope

cardinal and a pope.jpg

Yes. They were up in arms about that when it happened. Sosa is actually Catholic as well. But they refused to believe that. 

They had a list of accepted local and national athletes that were on the "Christian" list and whose teams they could root for. And they were convinced the then-coach of Nebraska football was evangelical. It was well known in Lincoln, where I as good as grew up, that he attended a large United Methodist church, a denomination they considered not Christian, but, of course, I was lying. 

Among the celebrities rumored to have converted to evangelicalism during the time I was there were Ozzy Ozbourne, Jane Fonda, various Nebraska football players, Tom Cruise (he left Scientology!), Nicole Kidman (they were still married then), Princess Diana, and a lot of less famous ones I don't remember. Fonda had said she attended a Bible study around that time, but it was at a liberal mainline church. Usually the rumors were from " a friend of a friend of a friend" of someone's friend from church. And just to be clear, it was the teachers doing this, not the teenage students. The kids were savvy enough to never believe it. 

• Upvote 7

Does anyone else find it creepy that Lori just loves to remind us how women have breasts, ovaries, etc...?

It's like she has some obsession.

Yes, Lori, we all took biology and know what the girlie parts are for.  

Did you know men have testicles to help make babies? God gave men those for a reason as well.

Edited by Free Jana Duggar
  • Upvote 13

You know who don’t celebrate any holidays? Jehovah’s Witnesses. I bet Lori and her humpers would disapprove of JWs. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Now she hates Sunday School (although I think this is a rerun post).  She evidently doesn't understand that sometimes kids make a connection with their Sunday School teacher that enriches their lives.  I remember my 1st grade SS teacher -- she was my friend's mother and I loved her until she died a few years ago.  54 years ago she taught me, and I can remember the joy of being in her class.  I remember my 6th grade teacher who died of cancer in her 40's.  I remember my 9th grade teacher, who had  just returned from Vietnam and is still a wonderful friend.  This is more of her isolation strategy that she lives by in her own life.  

• Upvote 10
  • Love 4

It's her way of telling her followers, leghumpers,  that women are not to be teaching anywhere. That all women are supposed to do is give their husbands sex, cook, clean, and make babies.

I still remember all my Sunday School teachers!

Most all SS are parents or grandparents, they know how to work with children, they know how to engage with them. They've had more life experience than people who just stay home do. It also gives the children a chance to interact with other adults. Children need a chance to interact with other parents and kids, not just siblings and parents. 

• Upvote 10

7 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Does anyone else find it creepy that Lori just loves to remind us how women have breasts, ovaries, etc...?

Omg, yes.  She says that same thing over and over again.  Drives.me.nuts.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic