IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who is a Tool)? Part 11

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Both Scott and Deborah Brown have repeatedly pushed child beating in the form of "Biblical discipline." 

Well shit.  I'll give myself credit for hoping against hope that Kelly's kids would be raised with gentle Christian parenting practices.  Sigh. 

For the gajillionth time, why the fuck do fundie Christians even have kids if all they're going to do is beat them repeatedly and grind them down into subservient pulps? 

Because they believe that being subservient pulps is the point of being a good Christian.  How sad is that?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Testing? 

ETA- ok, seems I can post here now. Yay!

VF mentioned Jesus, and the aspects of salvation, so infrequently as to be almost never. 

Scott Brown surely loves his grandchildren, but most likely sees the granddaughters as broodmares in the making. The boys? Who knows. But this is the guy who offered unpaid “internships” to young men and instructed them to bring their own bed linens, be prepared to do their own laundry (and cooking, buying their own groceries, and maybe their own kitchenware, I could be wrong, IIRC).  Again, unpaid. They got to bunk in one of his commercial buildings in downtown whatever city it is he owns real estate. 

And he’s part of the duo that tried to take over a church and tore it apart. Loving grandfather? I guess there’s a chance.

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 7

Doug may be absent from photos, but someone is posting up a storm on the old VF facebook page. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 4

4 hours ago, RebelliousEscapee said:

Doug may be absent from photos, but someone is posting up a storm on the old VF facebook page. 

Vision Forum -- come for the Christianity, stay for the racism & white nationalism.

Whoever is behind the recent VF FB content is not alone. Shoshanna Pearl Easling has been posting alarmist screeds to her FB page, in between her family news & Plexus: 

756983527_ShoshannaEaslingsRacistClaptrap.thumb.png.f3c5d0c4fa874e294738b3d2ea251b5e.png

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Disgust 3
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 3

4 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Shoshanna Pearl Easling has been posting alarmist screeds to her FB page

Notice the complete lack of details in her post.  This is the ultra-conservative, alt right,  wing-nut  Christian persecution fear generator running at very high speed.

"They are bringing in their ideas and passing laws that are unthinkable!"

Bitch, please.  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, RebelliousEscapee said:

Found it and  found this post, which, ironically, sounds a lot like the fundy mob mentality: 

Mobs are by their nature cruel, unruly and vicious. By their nature they are unfair and deny due process. They typically congregate under the auspices of a moral indignation which may be real, may be imagined, or may be a pretext concocted by power brokers hoping to manipulate others. The end results are never good.

This post conflates an overwhelmingly peaceful protest movement with unruly mobs. There are immense BLM protests with zero violence happening  in many cities that are not being covered by MLM.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, Howl said:

This is the ultra-conservative, alt right,  wing-nut  Christian persecution fear generator running at very high speed.

Absolutely. As a social media phenomenon, this is quite interesting, though. She usually does not refer to political matters  -- bad for reeling in new Plexus suckers, don't ya know. Lately, though, she's been posting this RWNJ crap interspersed with calls to pray for tRump. 

The VF posts are meant to whip up its white supremacist base, which we always knew formed a core if not majority of VF leghumpers. Between the Confederate cosplay and odes to Stonewall Jackson, Doug Phillips Is A Rapist Tool has always loved this stuff.

BTW, a forthcoming book looks at DPIART's role, and that of many others, in the perversion of Christianity in the US:

1859931204_ExcerptfromJesusJohnWayne.thumb.png.d9bba7a427bcac96221cc25744c1fb0a.png

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 3

My husband brought up last night how alarming it was how VF romanticized the confederacy. It’s scary how entrenched in racism evangelicalism is. Also, random, but - what are the birthyears/ages of the Phillips kids?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

"Fluffy, frilly, foppish, and foolish"? Well, Doug would be the expert there, wouldn't he?

And ask the clearly disgusted young woman standing next to him about "savage."

DP2.jpg

Edited by DomWackTroll
  • Upvote 14
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

BTW, a forthcoming book looks at DPIART's role, and that of many others, in the perversion of Christianity in the US:

Ooooh interesting! I’m always on the lookout for scholarly analysis of our favorite fundies. This book on philosophy of Quiverfull families just arrived and is next on my to-read list: Quivering Families: The Quiverfull Movement and Evangelical Theology of the Family https://www.amazon.com/dp/150642760X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_hhP5Eb2Q07VSF

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

I just love how short he is, solely because I just know it gnaws at him in the middle of the night when he can’t sleep.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

7 hours ago, dripcurl said:

Also, random, but - what are the birthyears/ages of the Phillips kids?

Joshua Titus, 27 - May 15, 1993

Justice Ellis, 25 - March 7, 1995

Liberty Elizabeth, 23 - September 24, 1996

Jubilee, 22 - April 5, 1998

Faith Evangeline, 20 - January 14, 2000

Howard Honor, 18 - August 26, 2001

Providence Mather, 16 - December 11, 2003

Virginia Hope, 13 - October 20, 2006

• Thank You 4

6 hours ago, Howl said:

I didn't realize that three of the kids are still teens. 

14 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

Joshua Titus, 27 - May 15, 1993

Justice Ellis, 25 - March 7, 1995

Liberty Elizabeth, 23 - September 24, 1996

Jubilee, 22 - April 5, 1998

Faith Evangeline, 20 - January 14, 2000

Howard Honor, 18 - August 26, 2001

Providence Mather, 16 - December 11, 2003

Virginia Hope, 13 - October 20, 2006

I am didn’t realize that all the girls are younger than me! Even Justice is a bit younger than me. So, when Faith was abroad with Doug when had his short-lived pervy cinematog adventure, she would have only been like 17?

Edited by dripcurl
  • Love 1

Also surprising to me that only one child is married and non of the eligible non-marrieds seem to be courting (that we know of).  Only one daughter going to college, if she is still at Spanky U. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Also surprising to me that only one child is married and non of the eligible non-marrieds seem to be courting (that we know of).  Only one daughter going to college, if she is still at Spanky U. 

If anything, it kind of highlights DPIART's & Beall's complete abandonment of the shite they peddled & profited from for so many years. You'd think that their leghumpers would see this hypocrisy and get a fucking clue, but I'm not holding my breath.

The fact that Liberty is in college -- even if it's Spanky U -- is a plus. It would be great to see more of her siblings do the same.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

The fact that Liberty is in college -- even if it's Spanky U -- is a plus. It would be great to see more of her siblings do the same.

Yes, this to the max. Or even doing community college in San Antonio.  Those poor boys.  They were raised to think of themselves as elites who will somehow be good providers, so I don't think any of them would sign up to learn a trade at San Antonio Community College.  Maybe do the paralegal program through Oakbrook? 

An a quick look at Beall's Insta account; they are still living in an apartment. They don't own a house.  How sad is that?

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, Howl said:

Yes, this to the max. Or even doing community college in San Antonio.  Those poor boys.  They were raised to think of themselves as elites who will somehow be good providers, so I don't think any of them would sign up to learn a trade at San Antonio Community College.  Maybe do the paralegal program through Oakbrook? 

An a quick look at Beall's Insta account; they are still living in an apartment. They don't own a house.  How sad is that?

Pride, meet Fall.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Hane said:

Pride, meet Fall.

I know, right? Talk about a house of cards. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

On 6/15/2020 at 6:55 PM, Howl said:

They don't own a house.  How sad is that?

??? Y'all are really letting your classist, privileged asses hang out in this thread.  

Edited by ladyamylynn
  • Upvote 1

@ladyamylynn, I think the problem here is that we’re contrasting the Phillipses’ current lifestyle with their former opulent one (to which they felt entitled and which they were convinced would last forever)—and not doing it as well as we could. 
Our Schadenfreude could be a little more nuanced. The Great Man (TM) and his Devoted Helpmeet (TM) deserve all the shade we throw on them—their dependent kids, not so much.

• Upvote 8

I wrote a post a year or two ago about where Beall is in her life and what she needs to do (in my personal opinion) to get ready for retirement, which isn't that far in the future for her.  She just turned 50.   

First, and only: Get a permanent job with benefits -- Federal, state, college or university.   Steady paycheck, benefits including health insurance.  When I worked for a Big State University  (mediocre salary, stellar benefits), they paid my health ins. premium, but for a set additional amount,  you could add one kid or 10 -- it cost the same.  She has a college degree.  She can do admin. in the same university system I worked in. 

Save up money for a down payment on a house/condo.  They're pissing $$$ away every month on a (probably) 3 bedroom apt.  They lived small in Durango; she can get a small 2 or 3 bedroom house in San Antonio for a reasonable price and turn the garage into living space. 

Put the two school-age kids in school.  Just do it.  Require any kids who have already graduated homeschool and still living under her roof to be in college AND  working.  That college can be community college, but something that leads directly to skill acquisition/professional credential that is directly applicable to getting a job and being self supporting. 

They have 8 kids.  One has a college degree, a graduate degree and a nice job thanks to marrying well to fundy royalty.  The other is in Spanky U.  getting a degree in who knows what.  That means there are six who are doing what exactly? 

If she doesn't do something now to prepare for the future, she'll have a big and not very good surprise on her 65th birthday.

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

??? Y'all are really letting your classist, privileged asses hang out in this thread.  

Do you just wander around this forum looking for stuff to be mad about, though?

• I Agree 3

On 6/12/2020 at 11:48 AM, Jasmar said:

I’m sure that was a thrill a minute for the 50% of attendees who weren’t men.

I've heard there are many women who are fans of 'manly friendship'.

• Haha 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic