IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who is a Tool)? Part 11

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

That's the one!  I was trying to remember, "Did that house really have an indoor pool?" 

8 hours ago, VVV said:

But $1300/month is not particularly cheap for an apartment in San Antonio, which is not to be compared with Austin when it comes to housing costs. Austin is insane. We were paying $600/month for our son's small bedroom in a house with a shared kitchen and bath, and I'm sure that room is going for quite a bit more now.

Yes, Austin rents and housing prices have spiraled out of control in the last four years or so and property taxes are sky high and continuing to rise.   The larger portion of our property tax was fixed when we turned 65, so we're fortunate in that regard.  Not so for our younger neighbors.  

8 hours ago, VVV said:

Sonterra (where the apartment complex is) is a subdivision in Stone Oak, which is mostly pretty upscale but not in the same league as Shavano Park.

I drove a visiting friend to San Antonio and dropped friend off at someone's house in Shavano Park.  Seriously way upscale, leafy, established. 

This must have been a year ago, because when I got on Loop 1604 in rush hour traffic to drive home, I've never seen such a stunning display of wildflowers, even for Texas -- Indian Blankets (Firewheels) blanketing every inch of the roadsides for miles.

• Upvote 5

18 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

From 2004 until sometime after the Fall of the Tool in 2013.

A special warranty gift deed conveying the property to VFM was executed between the Leiningers & VFM in April 2004:

129332993_WarrantyDeed_A.thumb.png.4e0897cb7d9fd8f9dc7f30f24f32ffdf.png

Warranty Deed_B.png

Wow!  Thank you so much. So about 10 years.  I flipped through pics of the house yesterday, and it looks gorgeous.  For some of the Phillips kids, that must have been the only house they'd ever known.  What a change.  Edit to ask any Degreed Law Professionals, TM, that "Know All Men..." at the top....is that super speshul dick-haver lingo, or is it legit legalese (though old fashioned) still used in other legal contracts?

Edited by The Mother Dust
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Mother Dust said:

Wow!  Thank you so much. So about 10 years.  I flipped through pics of the house yesterday, and it looks gorgeous.  For some of the Phillips kids, that must have been the only house they'd ever known.  What a change.  Edit to ask any Degreed Law Professionals, TM, that "Know All Men..." at the top....is that super speshul dick-haver lingo, or is it legit legalese (though old fashioned) still used in other legal contracts?

Thatʻs probably standard language for legal documents.

Re: the house. Guessing that it's been upgraded a bit since the Phillips family occupied it. There are some photographs from their time there and itʻs difficult to make a direct comparison between then & now. Still, itʻs a huge house with a great view & location, and even back in the day it must have been quite comfortable.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

21 hours ago, dripcurl said:

Well this is cryptic, it’s the only thing on Beall’s story right now.

A map of all the places her estranged husband might be? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

A map of all the places her estranged husband might be? 

Who knows, maybe so! But now it’s just all easter stuff. If it was posted exactly 24hrs before I found it, I would’ve assumed it was part of a bugger story, but it was posted only 5 hrs before I found it and there was nothing before or after. I don’t even understand the map formatting on it, I am not sure which app she is using? It’s so weird.

• I Agree 3

Reading the ongoing speculation about where Doug Phillips will show up next, I’m reminded of something one of my former bosses said. She had had a very checkered career, and she blithely dismissed anyone who’d gotten fired with, “Just find a new market!”

Doug’s BS could transfer pretty easily to a variety of fields. The real question is: Where and how will he find a pigeon as fat as Leininger to bankroll his next criminal spree? 

• I Agree 6

In which Dougie remembers his glory days the tragedy of the sinking of the Titanic...

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

Oh, the glory of those so very manly Christian cosplay days! 

Unrelated to the Titanic:  I've said it before and I'll say it again. 

Beall reads.  And based on some Instagram pics, what she's reading is NOT Christian literature.  It's mainstream. In my mind this is an indicator that she's searching very far outside the constricted fundy Jesus bubble to find new ideas and ways of thinking about things to navigate the challenges of her current life.  Beall, keep reading and thinking and reflecting.  Talk to your kids about what you are reading.   Let in the fresh air.

I'd also reaaaaaaly like to know where she currently stands in regards to Trump. 

On 4/13/2020 at 1:25 PM, MamaJunebug said:

Doug’s BS could transfer pretty easily to a variety of fields. The real question is: Where and how will he find a pigeon as fat as Leininger to bankroll his next criminal spree? 

I know, right?  But Doug went into showbiz, where everybody's a talker and a bullshitter, and, as they say, money talks, bullshit walks. Doug's got no money and he's just one of a bazillion people trying to sell their vision to people who've heard it all before. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 11

On 4/15/2020 at 4:21 AM, AnnaSofia said:

In which Dougie remembers his glory days the tragedy of the sinking of the Titanic...

Quarantine may well have me overthinking, but...I'm trying to figure out why this annoys me so much. I love cosplay, haha. I think it's because there is a hint of "lets dress up like the people who were in a tragic accident."  They aren't going to dress up like someone who was a 9/11 victim, because thats modern clothing, and it wouldn't be fun.  Feel free to tell me if I have quarantine brain.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

@The Mother Dust, I totally agree. I can’t TELL you how much I agree!

Edwardian fashion is fun - the hairstyles are pretty and relatively easy, the boys’ clothes are snappy - why didn’t VF just host parties in honor of pure-hearted [sic] Regency-era dancing  (Edwardian dress mimics the Regency style, and only the hands touch in the old dances), or the lovely, pure lifestyle of [upper class] maidens & manly mens in the 1900’s?

Because DP lurrved the chance to overact in purple-toned drama,* I’m thinking. Such a queen, that one. I’m still surprised he wasn’t caught with a boy. 

*The disaster of the Titanic wasn’t melodramatic in the least.  It was another result of human (male!) arrogance and pride. Hm. That explains a lot in Doug’s attraction to it and fixation on it, no? 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

I wish I could tie up and gag DPIARBT and force him to read this article about the differences between the sinking of the Titanic and that of the Lusitania. It took much longer for the Titanic to sink than the Lusitania—hours vs. minutes—allowing the Phillips-endorsed sexist courtly bullshit to take place. (I know that really happened was far from the self-sacrificing Great White Male tea party DPIARBT envisioned.)

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

@The Mother Dust, I totally agree. I can’t TELL you how much I agree!

Edwardian fashion is fun - the hairstyles are pretty and relatively easy, the boys’ clothes are snappy - why didn’t VF just host parties in honor of pure-hearted [sic] Regency-era dancing  (Edwardian dress mimics the Regency style, and only the hands touch in the old dances), or the lovely, pure lifestyle of [upper class] maidens & manly mens in the 1900’s?

pour vous 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

@The Mother Dust, thank you so much for sharing this! It helps explain the underpinnings and silhouette of the wedding dress of my paternal grandmother, who was born in 1901 and married in 1918. She told me that she was so slender that they put tea towels in the bosom of her dress to give fullness to her bustline.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, The Mother Dust said:

pour vous 

Oh golly!  Thank you, sincerely, for the schooling - I had no idea THIS was “Edwardian!” I always thought the high-waisted, flowy-pillar gowns that looked like Jane Austen-era wardrobe were it. Ugh, the wasp-waisted look! Ugh!  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Oh golly!  Thank you, sincerely, for the schooling - I had no idea THIS was “Edwardian!” I always thought the high-waisted, flowy-pillar gowns that looked like Jane Austen-era wardrobe were it. Ugh, the wasp-waisted look! Ugh!  

Actually, I didn't even catch on that what you described was different.  I just saw you mention Edwardian, and I knew this youtuber I like had just posted a video about it, haha.  Edit to add, for anyone who likes period dress, Bernadette Banner wears these clothes most of the time.  As opposed to our fundies, she dosen't fetishize it, but has a true (secular) appreciation for it.  

Edited by The Mother Dust
  • Thank You 1

23 hours ago, The Mother Dust said:

Actually, I didn't even catch on that what you described was different.  I just saw you mention Edwardian, and I knew this youtuber I like had just posted a video about it, haha.  Edit to add, for anyone who likes period dress, Bernadette Banner wears these clothes most of the time.  As opposed to our fundies, she dosen't fetishize it, but has a true (secular) appreciation for it.  

1,000 thanks! I briefly followed “Quaker Jane,” a 20-something at the time, who wore 1830’s style Quaker clothing daily.  Love people who do their own thing just because! 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 3

On 4/17/2020 at 1:19 AM, MamaJunebug said:

The Jane Austen style is called Regency. I love it all! 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I love Jane Austen anything but I hate the high waisted regency stuff. It just isn’t figure flattering. It’s right under the boob. Which isn’t the smallest part of most people’s waist. The smallest part is a little further down past the rib cage. But I will say, it’s likely to be much more comfortable than say, Victorian dresses. Plus you could probably wear the same dress through most of your pregnancy in regency dresses. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hmm, Beall has mentioned the presence of her husband, and is happy to “finally go through Costco incognito”, which makes it sound like she must get spotted by folks a lot? Maybe she’s gotten some some questions by folks IRL about her husband and she is making it clear things are somewhat normal? Trying to prove something as always? Beall is our Cryptic Queen ? Or maybe my husband and I’s commiserations during last night’s quarantine haircut over our families’ brief affairs with Vision Forum (but we’d might not have met without it!) is making me want Major Tea about the Fundies Of Old so I am grasping at straws here.

3F8A34E5-DE26-454E-8322-375C27E2262B.png

2C2979FD-CA6A-487A-B3A3-CB61690CAA40.png

• Thank You 6

4 minutes ago, dripcurl said:

Beall has mentioned the presence of her husband

To Beall:

679669676_SureJan.thumb.png.e42df2051f1c7c073b74b766620115d7.png

Interesting that DPIART has not appeared on any of the family's public social media  (including those of his children, his siblings & their offspring).

Latest sighting was last August, when many in the Phillips clan got together to celebrate Peggy Phillips' 80th birthday.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

On 4/17/2020 at 12:47 AM, The Mother Dust said:

pour vous 

That is a fascinating video! I will be looking for more from this person, I could use a good rabbit hole to go down. Thank you @The Mother Dust!

• I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 4/27/2020 at 3:21 PM, hoipolloi said:

Interesting that DPIART has not appeared on any of the family's public social media  (including those of his children, his siblings & their offspring).

Compared to how often and what he posted during his boho phase...

He's doing a blackout on public social media. The only reason for this that I can think of are legal/financial problems. Who knows what's being posted on private IG and fb. 

• Upvote 7

Surely "my husband won Monopoly" means "he ran off with everyone's money" :P

• Haha 17

I know some places are starting to ease pandemic restrictions, but is a trip from Texas to Tennessee a wise idea right now?

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic