IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who is a Tool)? Part 11

Coconut Flan

48 minutes ago, Banyan said:

Let's not jump to conclusions. There are other legal reasons why dissolved corporations are sometimes reinstated, included pending litigation, uncollected taxes and civil penalties. Also a court, the IRS, or any number of other agencies can order the secretary of state to reinstate a corporation for any number of legal reasons.

It's not uncommon to see corporate directors dissolve a corporation in order to try and avoid legal exposure, for example avoiding a nanny's lawsuit against the family patriarch for jacking off on her, or the nanny threatening to expose the family patriarch for snapping photos of his children's bottoms in the middle of the night. The nanny's attorney can petition the secretary of state to have the corporation reinstated so that it can be sued, and this can be done even years after the corporation was dissolved.

Hand me some more popcorn!  Because this is beyond my levels of understanding.  Let alone expertise.

The nanny's suit was rather conclusively settled out of court.  And a settlement was made.  I think that one is done. And I will never blame Lourdes for settling out of court, but she was represented by David Gibbs III.  There is a strong possibility that he torpedoed her case.

That stinker's performance for the Gothard and IBLP survivors should have had him disbarred.   Let alone his representation of Lourdes.  He tried to play both sides against the middle.  He stinks to high heaven.

I'd so love the IRS to go after the Tool!  The VFM and VFI stuff was so confused.  And there must be major dirt there.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

Did we ever find out for sure if VF was officially dissolved after the Fall 'O Tool?

According to this, Vision Forum Ministries status is "Reinstated".

704214266_Screenshot_2020-02-12VISIONFORUMMINISTRIESOpenCorporates.thumb.png.e5d18c559c4152cfe2bbbcbeb8dd4094.png

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_tx/0161396101

And Vision Forum, INC. is "active".

1163547272_Screenshot_2020-02-12THEVISIONFORUMINCOpenCorporates.thumb.png.4b48a9c08ecc219ef9770c4565c309ba.png

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_tx/0147109900

Great work, @AnnaSofia!  After I clicked on these links, I came up at anther bit of information.  It's out of my scope of understanding, but I'm guessing this was some kind of software someone was using?  Help, who can make sense of this for me, please?!  My screenshot isn't very good, HERE IS THE DIRECT LINK

Screenshot (1417).png

Edited by Flyinthesoup
Trying to fix my link
  • Thank You 6

15 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

OMG. VFM still has the "Hazardous Journeys" trademarked!   Perhaps we will again be treated to manly young men documenting their tourist jaunts to bring Dominion to the ends of the earth.

No, I can't sit through any more of those.  Having to see the Into the Amazon box sitting on the shelf is bad enough.

• Haha 8
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yet again, where is Doug?

"Lost and alone on some forgotten highway in the American Midwest, listening to Etta James and Big Mamma Thornton..."

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

On 1/12/2020 at 2:12 AM, AnnaSofia said:

I'm fairly sure that's Noelle. IIRC, she was the face of the "Beautiful Girlhood" collection for at least a few years, before being replaced by Lourdes Torres (in similar tableau, featuring the Phillips girls gazing up adoringly).

I haven't had any luck finding wedding pics.

The old Vision Forum page is archived, but the photos are not (other than one small thumbnail):

https://web.archive.org/web/20030803093528/http://visionforum.com/sp/sc/010719wedding.asp

https://web.archive.org/web/20101204042359/http://www.beforethekiss.com/testimony files/Joshua Noelle Goforth.html

And for shits and giggles:

https://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/09/us/new-christian-take-on-the-old-dating-ritual.html

At least no one had to roll under any fences...

I've managed to nab a copy of the Wedding!!!

• Love 1

Oh, my dears, it's obvs that brilliant auteur and Paterfamilias of the Year or perhaps decade, is, as befits his cinematographer moniker,  behind the camera TAKING THE PICTURE.  Oh, who am I kidding.  Doug has taken a powder, is hiding from creditors or both.  No public Insta for him. 

Also, I think that's the first time I have seen Beall's actual bare legs, which look pretty toned.  Maybe she's running again. 

Also, Mr. ex Fiance to MLM Oil Magnates is missing. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Also, Mr. ex Fiance to MLM Oil Magnates is missing. 

Yes, I wonder what Injustice has been up to lately. I hate to say this, but Joshua looks kinda hot with the long hair. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

On 2/24/2020 at 4:57 PM, DomWackTroll said:

Yes, I wonder what Injustice has been up to lately. I hate to say this, but Joshua looks kinda hot with the long hair. 

All of Doug’s children are good looking. Even though they were dealt a shit hand when it comes to a father, at least they all have their good looks to fall back on. And yes, good looking people have a leg up in life. It’s just the way it is. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Beall's story reminds me of my dear neighbor who has consistently referred to his out-of-town-girlfriend for more than 5 years.  I live in a really diverse (ethnically and religiously) neighborhood where we all look out for each other.  We all know this guy is gay.  Literally, the mailman knows he's gay.  The pizza delivery guy knows he's gay.  For whatever reason, he's not ready to be out, and that's okay.  We're protective of him, so we all smile and nod and ask about his long term girlfriend whom he his always visiting in faraway places.  Hey--he's a great guy who never bashed people or left thousands of lives--directly or indirectly--in ruins.

Which brings me to this gal, who is frantically trying to convince both us and herself--that the first 50 years of were not a devastating joke, and she is REALLY EXCITED about this time in her life.  BEING ALONE OVER 50 AFTER POPPING OUT 8 KIDS AND BEING BROKE IS TOTALLY GREAT!!!

Doug is obviously not living with Beall. 

You know that.  I know that.  The mailman knows that. 

She says Doug is 'taking the picture' or 'doesn't like to be a part of social media', which is a bald-faced lie, because the turd considers himself a 'cinematographer' (har har) advertising on at least several social media platforms.  'Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining', as Dame Judge Judy would say.

No one wants to admit that their entire life was built on a lie.  No one wants to admit they were an enabler for years.  She's ashamed, she's humiliated.  She's a laughing stock.  Her Fundie Prince, who built an empire shaming people, enforcing gender roles, extolling MODESTY, patriarchy, euro-centrism--ad nauseum and infinitum--was found ejaculating on their underage Latin nanny and has now run off to hang with burlesque dancers and scam credit cards.  Beall is now wiping wrinkly butts, selling her blood to survive and has turned to....Brene Brown.

I hope she actually absorbs some of what Brene' says about owning shame and living your truth.

I don't know if you guys read her public Instagram post a while ago about endings or beginnings or whatever bullshit--Fundies love their cryptic metaphors--but I'm really hoping she 'comes out' soon.  Look--I actually respect Beall for pulling on her big girl PANTS and reading Brene Brown.

Beall, if you're reading this--

Yes, there is power in scandal--people love a 'nasty fall from grace' story where a diminutive, self-righteous blowhard gets whats comin'.  But you know what has more power?  A juicy tell-all.  A story with a massive twist.  (I'm still praying we get one from Melania in the next decade or two)

Look at what Joshua Harris has done.  His IKDG book had massive success all over the world.  It wrecked lives.  He had the guts to own up, try to make amends, and take his books out of print.  While there has been some backlash from the community, I would venture to say that most people have admired his willingness to own up, apologize and have a conversation.  He's reached out.  And let me tell you, there have been some incredible conversations.

He too was manipulated.  He, too, felt the pressure of a conspiracy of silence.  Yes, he had a hand in some of it.  But he was also a victim of the system that he had been born into.

I would love to hear Beall's story.  Hell, I'd buy her a couple of shots and put my feet up.  Just imagine how powerful her story would be, and what we all could learn.

Doug stuck it to you seven years ago, Beall.  He left you to carry on the cover story.  Now--stick it to him.

Stick it to him.  

• Upvote 14
  • Confused 1
  • Love 4

Regarding the New York Times article published two days before the Twin Towers attack, what ended up happening to the couples mentioned in this article?  I guess I'm a little late to the party.  I'm assuming that allowing a FOURTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL to become betrothed to a TWENTY YEAR OLD MAN after they both HEARD MESSAGES FROM GOD didn't end well, but I could be wrong.

I had a dream last night with the Phillips family in it.

I was at some kind of a big gathering, standing and chatting with all the Phillips kids.  Beall was not there.  DPIART walked in, came over and tried to be all huggy and loving with his kids...and JT got right in his face and growled "don't you EVEN fucking try it.  get out of here, you're not welcome."

It was a good dream.  ?

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

Wondering how the Phillips family will be weathering the coming storm brought on by COVID-19. 

The only one of the adult children who seems to have a real job, presumably with benefits, is JTits (26) since he's working for Veritas Press. It's not clear if Liberty (23) is making a living from Operation Meatball. Jubilee (21) is in school in FL. Otherwise, the rest of the adult kids seem to be in service jobs of some kind. Before he made his IG private, Justice (25) seemed to be working at a TN restaurant, Faith (20) was working at Starbucks or something & selling her plasma. No idea of what Honor (about 19) is doing. If Be-all's home care work is her primary or only employment, that's not a lot for her + at least 3 kids to live on although her employment might be more likely to continue during the coming coronapocalypse than restaurant or barista positions. 

Since Doug doesn't seem to be around much if at all these days, there's not much use in speculating on HIS contributions to the family's well-being.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 3/12/2020 at 3:49 PM, hoipolloi said:

Wondering how the Phillips family will be weathering the coming storm brought on by COVID-19. ...

You make an interesting point but I gotta say, I can’t get too concerned for them. Unlike hundreds of thousands of abandoned wives (or girlfriends) and children, Be-all has wealthy in-laws to go to if things get really dire. 

We never have learned much about her family of origin, but chances are they weren’t poor, so if any of them are still with us, and if she’s really desperate, in theory she could crawl back to them. 

So many desperate women come from next to nothing.  I’m sorry the Phillips kids have to deal with this, but I’m sorrier for a lot of others. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

Elementary schools are closing right and left all over the country.  For families already living on the edge, especially those headed by a single parent, almost always the working mom -- how will they deal with child care for the coming weeks?  What will happen to kids who rely on a free lunch, and sometimes breakfast, at school.  This is painful in so many ways.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Elementary schools are closing right and left all over the country.  For families already living on the edge, especially those headed by a single parent, almost always the working mom -- how will they deal with child care for the coming weeks?  What will happen to kids who rely on a free lunch, and sometimes breakfast, at school.  This is painful in so many ways.  

The child care crisis has me worried, too. In many areas, though, school systems have organized meal drop-off stations for families with children dependent on school breakfasts and lunches.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

On 3/1/2020 at 5:42 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

All of Doug’s children are good looking. Even though they were dealt a shit hand when it comes to a father, at least they all have their good looks to fall back on.

Yes, but it pains me to know most of them won't be going to college or pursuing a profession like, oh, I don't know, the LAW, even though they are probably all very bright and talented.  I get the impression that the oldest son (can't remember his name) is a sort of handsome drifter. 

He could do the Alaska fishing season every year, make a ton of money and live off that while he backpacks and does other adventures during the rest of the year.  You see a bazillion of these guys in every little (and big) mountain town in the West.  However, when he finally settles down with a wife and the inevitable kids, that lifestyle is no longer viable. 

I'm not saying they didn't get a solid homeschooling foundation from Beall; I think they did.  But the two kids going to college I think will be the most successful.  I hope some of the younger kids go as well.  

I also find it interesting that the kids aren't courting/chaste dating/getting married  -- that we know of. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them went to college later in life. After seeing their siblings go to college and succeed.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them went to college later in life. After seeing their siblings go to college and succeed.

Gosh, I hope so.  Even if it's Spanky U.  (Sorry, can't remember the name of the school in Florida). 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Even if it's Spanky U.  (Sorry, can't remember the name of the school in Florida).

Or as someone dubbed it, the "School o' Sproul" :D ... makes me grin every time.

• Haha 7
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Yes, but it pains me to know most of them won't be going to college or pursuing a profession like, oh, I don't know, the LAW, even though they are probably all very bright and talented.  I get the impression that the oldest son (can't remember his name) is a sort of handsome drifter. 

He could do the Alaska fishing season every year, make a ton of money and live off that while he backpacks and does other adventures during the rest of the year.  You see a bazillion of these guys in every little (and big) mountain town in the West.  However, when he finally settles down with a wife and the inevitable kids, that lifestyle is no longer viable. 

JTits is the oldest and he's married to Delaney (Sproul), has a baby, works at Veritas and got a Scottish MA.  I think you must mean Justice.  He's the one who went fishing in AK, has a motorbike and flirted with an MLM.  Did Justice break up with his girlfriend (Kelsie?)  when I wasn't watching?

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Gosh, I hope so.  Even if it's Spanky U.  (Sorry, can't remember the name of the school in Florida). 

Reformation Bible College.  JTits got his BA degree from there and Jubilee is now a student.  It is not accredited, AFAIR.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

Re: school closings. Have very mixed feelings about this. On one hand, closing schools may improve our odds of flattening the curve, as we're all learning to say. OTOH, it's disastrous for parents. Not so old I don't remember that gut-wrenching panic over a lack of child care.

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hope so. Even something like Reformation Bible College is better than not going.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Howl said:

Yeah. I live in the North (U.S.), working full time for a generous employer, who has let us all know we can take weeks of paid time to help family who are struggling from this pandemic.  I don't have children, but my brother and sister who live in the South, have  kids in kindergarten and 1st grade, and their schools have closed.  Their employers are not so generous.  Meals aren't an issue for them fortunately, but childcare is, as both couples have to work.  Guess who has been asked to come down and watch the kids?  My sibs are just very lucky there is an aunty in the family who has the means and time to do this. And a very trusted relative at that, since the kids are so little.  Not many families do.

Edited by The Mother Dust
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

JTits is the oldest and he's married to Delaney (Sproul), has a baby, works at Veritas and got a Scottish MA.  I think you must mean Justice.  He's the one who went fishing in AK, has a motorbike and flirted with an MLM.  Did Justice break up with his girlfriend (Kelsie?)  when I wasn't watching?

Reformation Bible College.  JTits got his BA degree from there and Jubilee is now a student.  It is not accredited, AFAIR.

Yes, it appears that way.  It was either before or after tool-o-ween.  HERE is where it was first discussed it, towards the bottom of the page, where I mention it.

• Thank You 3
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic