IGNORED

James MacDonald “biblically disqualified” from being a minister

47of74

James MacDonald has been sent to the HBC prayer closet

The elders of Harvest Bible Chapel, one of the best-known megachurches in the United States, released a statement Sunday declaring that their founding pastor, James MacDonald — whom they fired in February — was biblically disqualified from ministry and can never return to leadership at their church.

MacDonald was terminated as senior pastor in February “for not being ‘above reproach’ and for having a ‘sinful pattern of inappropriate language, anger, and domineering behavior.'”

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

3 hours ago, Flyinthesoup said:

OK, I thought the was the James and Stacey McDonald, not MacDonald.  I don't know this one.  I guess it's time to learn.....:P

Yeah easy to get those fundies confused.  This MacDonald was forced out of his corporation church earlier this year and police were investigating after he allegedly asked a buddy about hiring a hitman to kill his former son-in-law.  And was busily reviewing the naughty sites to see if his daughter was featured on them.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

17 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

after he allegedly asked a buddy about hiring a hitman to kill his former son-in-law.  And was busily reviewing the naughty sites to see if his daughter was featured on them.

It's almost as though the personality characteristics of mega church founders are not the characteristics that make a good pastor.  Hello, Mark Driscoll, et al.. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10

It's almost as though the personality characteristics of mega church founders are not the characteristics that make a good pastor.  Hello, Mark Driscoll, et al.. 

We have a Wil Wheaton clone as rector at our church. He’s doing a fantastic job.

If we had a MacDonald clone I think our church would’ve shut down by now.
  • Upvote 3