IGNORED

Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged

HandHoldingHeathen

19 minutes ago, Johannah said:

Wait, I might be wrong. I think they might be divorced??? ?

There's literally no mention of Kory's first wife in the entire blog. The girls call their stepmom Kerry instead of Mom. I searched pretty hard for obits and found nothing... I also assumed he was widowed but I think you might be right.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, EmiSue said:

A female Duggar pilot? Will JD feel threatened?

Why would he be threatened? Is he a pilot or something?

• Haha 27

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

There's literally no mention of Kory's first wife in the entire blog. The girls call their stepmom Kerry instead of Mom. I searched pretty hard for obits and found nothing... I also assumed he was widowed but I think you might be right.

There’s a Mother’s Day post by Kerry that talks about how the girls will never be her own even though she sees them as her own. And then goes on to mention that they will be with their mom on Mother’s Day. I wonder if their mom is fundie too? A part-Japanese bride with divorced parents would be a very interesting addition to the Duggar family. 

• Upvote 15

9 hours ago, EmiSue said:

Will Abbie? 

5 hours ago, Johannah said:

Based on their blog, it seems like Japanese culture is celebrated in Katey’s extended family to some extent. I would love to see how world-traveler-Jim-bob-who-says-hola-in-Asia handles anything remotely culturally different. He seemed to struggle to even pronounce the name Milagro at Josiah and Lauren’s jinder reveal!

How far back are their Japanese roots? I did wonder the background of their surname. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, Nashville92 said:

Not sure if this goes here or not but the girl Justin was pictured with recently had her family featured on the Alert Family Camp Instagram page.  I figured she would be IBLP but that prety much confirms it

Oh who is she? Has anyone fallen down her families rabbit hole. How old is she? I’m most curious about her because this could be one of the youngest possible “getting to know you” couples. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

How far back are their Japanese roots? I did wonder the background of their surname. 

She's either 1/4th to 1/8th, unsure which. According to the blog her great-grandmother was the first to immigrate from Japan.

58 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Oh who is she? Has anyone fallen down her families rabbit hole. How old is she? I’m most curious about her because this could be one of the youngest possible “getting to know you” couples. 

Jump back one page for more info!

• Thank You 4

Oh I saw info on Jed’s girl. I must have overlooked the info on the one Justin was pictured with. 

16 hours ago, EmiSue said:

Nah, as soon as she pops a kid out 9 months after the wedding, her flying days will be over.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 5

8 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I'm not sure of her age, I would guess 18 or under because I believe she's been pictured hanging out with Johannah at her birthday get together,  someone on DuggarsSnark had previously found her name.  Shes from Texas, has ties to Arkansas, looks to have 5 siblings from the picture.  I think I found her pinterest also, it's just wedding stuff.  But her family appears to be IBLP/ATI

Edited by Nashville92
  • Thank You 3

18 hours ago, EmiSue said:

Didn't Joy get lessons at some point as well?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Didn't Joy get lessons at some point as well?

Yes, I think around the courtship with Austin or when they were engaged because he likes to fly too IIRC. All the things we know about this girl make her look like the perfect new sister in law. I think we will heard news pretty soon, especially considering that Election Day is Nov 3, they will have to become official at least a couple of months before the election if they want to capitalize on the news to gain votes 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

The family blog shows her 16th birthday in 2014 so she should be around 21-22.

Edited by Ever
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ever said:

The family blog shows her 16th birthday in 2014 so she should be around 21.

Katey Nakatsu is 21.  Justin's rumored 'special friend' is probably under 18.

• Upvote 6

Joy took a few preliminary flying lessons with JD when she was staying busy after graduating/ waiting to get courted. That never panned out but she did complete her party throwing course with Sierra around that time and learned how to smash oreos together with icing and roll it into balls.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15

lordhamercy on me but I watched a bit of the 50th birthday video on the Nakatsus' blog. They've included a photo of an 'all genders restroom' and written '??? welcome to California!'.

Like, piss off already, you have one of those IN YOUR OWN HOUSE.

(ETA: well, maybe not. I guess they'd call theirs a two-jinder restroom)

Edited by AprilQuilt
  • Upvote 16
  • Rufus Bless 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CaricatureQualities said:

Joy took a few preliminary flying lessons with JD when she was staying busy after graduating/ waiting to get courted. That never panned out but she did complete her party throwing course with Sierra around that time and learned how to smash oreos together with icing and roll it into balls.

One laughing upvote isn't enough... I need charts and graphs to show all my guffawing at this.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, CaricatureQualities said:

Didn’t she also have a photo opp of her doing an ‘internship’ with a politician? Probably Austin’s relative . I think the internship consisted of the photo opp. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Katey Nakatsu is 21.  Justin's rumored 'special friend' is probably under 18.

I thought that’s who we were talking about. I’m getting lost I think lol

On 6/10/2020 at 10:38 AM, Nashville92 said:

Not sure if this goes here or not but the girl Justin was pictured with recently had her family featured on the Alert Family Camp Instagram page.  I figured she would be IBLP but that prety much confirms it

Can you share the photo? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ever said:

I thought that’s who we were talking about. I’m getting lost I think lol

Can you share the photo? 

IG isn't letting me link, but her family is one of the most recent pics on the ALERT Family Camp page.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

IG isn't letting me link, but her family is one of the most recent pics on the ALERT Family Camp page.

Any of these?

Spoiler

C5392DE2-EC31-4D69-9C9A-7D880F6FBF41.thumb.png.a9db4c9b9bc45be67975819df8fe56af.png

Spoiler

D54E7FDB-D52D-4FA5-8AC0-01FAF0D650A9.thumb.png.00d9f3e5a2ca4bbddc8b6035e9917a70.png

Spoiler

C38640CE-38E6-4880-8E3D-3B9CC7E1FF8B.thumb.png.e74a7849a22e3fd1e71d59a06ae1c04f.png

Or this one 

Spoiler

917C1714-5748-4EA8-ABC5-A383F29257E2.thumb.png.9d19a4070d59c69f220fb24824a0571a.png

Edited by AussieKrissy
Found more pics

@AussieKrissy Last pic is her family.  I wonder if they're still together/even were together as I haven't heard anything lately.  I looked back through the Duggar Instagram feed and she's definitely in the pics from Johannah's last birthday and I believe Pickles might've posted a picture from the Arkansas Pro Life walk in January 

Edited by Nashville92
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

I followed the link to Katey’s pilot photo.  This is the ad that showed up.  I definitely haven’t been googling engagement rings, so it must be a sign that things are getting serious lol.  

1606A35E-18DE-4BD5-85E2-97410D2AD421.thumb.png.c7dc123634b238afb37bc48f8fcc4ccc.png

• Haha 15

1 hour ago, Nashville92 said:

@AussieKrissy Last pic is her family.  I wonder if they're still together/even were together as I haven't heard anything lately.  I looked back through the Duggar Instagram feed and she's definitely in the pics from Johannah's last birthday and I believe Pickles might've posted a picture from the Arkansas Pro Life walk in January 

Blue shirt girl? 

17 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Blue shirt girl? 

I think she’s the green shirt girl.

• I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic