IGNORED

Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged

HandHoldingHeathen

11 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Of course. 

1) Domestic use of active duty military for law enforcement in the U.S. is prohibited under almost all circumstances.  Cotton’s mention of seeing 101 ABN, an active duty unit, on the streets is a nod to Trump’s threat to invoke the Insurrection Act, which was only meant to be invoked in a wartime situation. Current and former military leaders have publicly spoken out against this, to include our current Secretary of Defense, Mark Esper. Tom Cotton is a veteran himself and should know better.

2) Trump wants to to declare Antifa a ‘terrorist organization’, which is illegal since it is a domestic movement. It is not even a formal organization. Even though Antifa does condone the use of violence, it hasn’t killed anyone. If he does declare it a ‘terrorist organization’, it will not survive a legal challenge. It’s simply Trump using fear and anger to rally his base against ‘the left’.

Side note, Tom Cotton is gunning for the SecDef job and will probably get it if Trump wins a second term since he’s a Trump loyalist. Trump is not happy with Esper, but I think his job is safe (for now).

I’m sure Jed doesn’t understand any of this, including Cotton’s self-interest in the matter.  Yet this man-child wants to be a voice for the people.

Thanks so much for that. ??:)

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I’m sure Jed doesn’t understand any of this, including Cotton’s self-interest in the matter.  Yet this man-child wants to be a voice for the people. babies and against da gays.

FTFY

• Upvote 6

If you’re on a television show and running for office, you should really be able to hit 300 Twitter followers.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 10

43 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

If you’re on a television show and running for office, you should really be able to hit 300 Twitter followers.

He is more active on IG tho, where he has 89k followers.

But on a whim I compared his IG presence to Megan Godfrey’s, and the difference is night and day. Megan is posting regularly, with useful info and what she’s working on for her constituents.  Jed is, well, just posting stuff about himself (he is a Duggar after all). I can’t figure out if he thinks he’s going to win so he doesn’t need to make an effort, or he simply doesn’t care about getting elected. In any case, I find his social media presence...curious.

• Upvote 16

11 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

But on a whim I compared his IG presence to Megan Godfrey’s, and the difference is night and day. Megan is posting regularly, with useful info and what she’s working on for her constituents.  Jed is, well, just posting stuff about himself (he is a Duggar after all). I can’t figure out if he thinks he’s going to win so he doesn’t need to make an effort, or he simply doesn’t care about getting elected. In any case, I find his social media presence...curious.

So I’m not on twitter and found it surprising to see his insta described as “more active.”  Ive been following his opponent for months now and  was just thinking what a lazy bum he’s been.  His last post is like, “its Mother’s Day, here’s a pic of me & my famous mom”

Nothing about current events...nothing about policy...issues unique to his disctrict...nothing implying he even has a clue as to the description of the job he’s running for.

I really think he thinks he can just type out a few conservative catch phrases like “religious liberty” and “second amendment” and add that to his d-list celebrity family name and  coast into an easy win.  And what’s really ridiculous is he might even be right!

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, lezajenda said:

So I’m not on twitter and found it surprising to see his insta described as “more active.”  Ive been following his opponent for months now and  was just thinking what a lazy bum he’s been.  His last post is like, “its Mother’s Day, here’s a pic of me & my famous mom”

Nothing about current events...nothing about policy...issues unique to his disctrict...nothing implying he even has a clue as to the description of the job he’s running for.

I really think he thinks he can just type out a few conservative catch phrases like “religious liberty” and “second amendment” and add that to his d-list celebrity family name and  coast into an easy win.  And what’s really ridiculous is he might even be right!

You're right, it's 'relatively' more active...lol.  Most of his activity on Twitter is just retweeting...he at least posts...something...on IG.  

But yeah, you wouldn't automatically know he is running for elected office by his SM.  I do worry that he will win by doing nothing, which will make him even more entitled.  

I guess the good news is his family doesn't live in the district he's running in?  So he doesn't get 30 votes automatically.

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 12

Jed’s only policies are connected to business owners ( like him), people who like to bang on about religious liberty when they mean ‘Christians’ who want tax breaks & the freedom to discriminate ( like him), and gun owners ( like him). There is no acknowledgment that anything else is important. He probably wants it to be ok for other members of his family to yell at women who choose abortion. Self centred and entitled. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

He may not understand the exact legal or constitutional implications of Cotton's tweet, but he absolutely understands and agrees with the message at the heart of it--which is to say, he believes that the US military can and should be used against citizens exercising their right to freedom of speech and freedom of assembly. I'm almost tempted to tweet at him and ask him if he thinks that Ruby Ridge was a proper use of federal military power, but I suspect that he either 1) doesn't know what that is and/or 2) thinks the military should only be used against the uppity blacks and the eeeeeeevil antifa death squadrons and not against Nice White Christians.

• Upvote 15

5 hours ago, Anna Bolinas said:

I'm almost tempted to tweet at him and ask him if he thinks that Ruby Ridge was a proper use of federal military power, but I suspect that he either 1) doesn't know what that is and/or 2) thinks the military should only be used against the uppity blacks and the eeeeeeevil antifa death squadrons and not against Nice White Christians.

I understand what you’re getting at here, but I think it’s important to note that Ruby Ridge did not involve military forces acting in a law enforcement capacity. Excessive use of force aside, the federal agencies involved in Ruby Ridge (USMS, FBI and ATF) do have a domestic law enforcement mandate.
Title 10 US Code (active duty) military forces do not, require special authority to do so, and hopefully at the invitation of local/state law enforcement. That’s what makes Trump’s threat so disturbing...it’s a total power move against state government (and something you’d think Republicans would be against).

What these idiots are also forgetting is that the military by and large doesn’t train for this. 

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

On 6/5/2020 at 9:19 PM, Snarkasarus Rex said:

MAYBE, he has Russian connections, or dirt on Hillary or Biden, or his opponent...your comment ^ made me think of Trump and 2016! Maybe Jed will sport a hat labeled MIPGA (make irresponsible procreation great again).

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

I saw that people were talking about Jed following a young woman named Katey Nakatsu on Instagram in another thread. Might be a potential courtship? She's 21 and lives in Arizona.

Here is her family's blog. Lots of pictures with familiar fundies (Mallys, Wallers, Bates, Maxwells, etc.)

If you look way back, you can read about how her family was inspired to join IBLP in 2012 after watching 19 Kids and Counting. They pulled their daughters out of public school, sent them to Journey to the Heart (fawning over the attention Gothard paid to Katey), had them stop wearing pants, and after Katey graduated from home school they sent her off to work in the Keller's prison ministry. They go to Big Sandy every year and seem to only hang out with fundie royalty. Oh, and they bought a private plane.

I feel so bad for those girls.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 27
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 7

Yep, the Nakatsus are definitely the Duggars' type of people. I would be surprised if she *wasn't* courting/going to court one of the twins.  They curiously stopped posting on their blog regularly last year...

• Upvote 9

Yeah, i feel pretty confident this gal and one of the twins will be the next to announce a courtship. 

• Upvote 4

Well, she looks like she could be one of his sisters, and isn't that a top requirement when it comes to Duggar daughter-in-laws? 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 9

Not sure if this goes here or not but the girl Justin was pictured with recently had her family featured on the Alert Family Camp Instagram page.  I figured she would be IBLP but that prety much confirms it

Edited by Nashville92
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

6 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Yep, the Nakatsus are definitely the Duggars' type of people. I would be surprised if she *wasn't* courting/going to court one of the twins.  They curiously stopped posting on their blog regularly last year...

They also have a password protected blog post about biblical betrothal.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • WTF 7
  • Thank You 1

I can't stop thinking about how the dad went from writing about his daughter's college funds in 2010 to potentially marrying his 21 year old daughter off to a Duggar in 2020.

I'm a bit older than Katey, but she and I grew up in the same town. She attended sister schools of my own and played on the same soccer league I played for. Our families vacationed in the same towns. I have a younger sister with a similar age difference. I can't even imagine what my life would be like if my parents had pulled me from school when I was 13, sent me to Bible brainwashing camps, and told me that college was no longer an option and that I would live with them until I moved into my future husband's home. It feels dystopian just thinking about it.

• Upvote 33
  • Sad 6
  • Thank You 1

On 6/5/2020 at 5:34 AM, Snarkasarus Rex said:

1) Domestic use of active duty military for law enforcement in the U.S. is prohibited under almost all circumstances.

I've been closely watching the ratf**kery play out with the administration deliberately using language that  conflates peaceful protests with riots; declaring Antifa a terrorist organization is definitely part of this gaslighting process.  This sets up the rationale to put active military on the ground here at home.  My more paranoid thoughts run toward the election and how this might play out, because with these people There. Is. No. Bottom. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

Oh my goodness. Hope it’s ok to say I went to JTTH with Katey Nakatsu in 2013! We were on different teams, and I never got close to her, but we would always say hi to each other at subsequent Big Sandy conferences and the like (until I stopped going in 2017 and moved the heck out of my dad’s house like a rebellious heathen ?). 

I think her family is the one that started Abiding Radio, which is basically a music-streaming app that has IBLP-approved music. I had no idea they used to be “normal.” By the time I met her family, I assumed they’d been in it for life haha! And I’m far too out of the loop anymore to know if they’re closely associated with the Duggars. But this is a little blast from the past for me!

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 21

Did she previously spell her name Katie? Her dad posted on the family blog about her baptism in 2012 and spelled it Katie, but everywhere else it’s Katey. Or could he have misspelled his daughter’s name??

1 hour ago, Johannah said:

Did she previously spell her name Katie? Her dad posted on the family blog about her baptism in 2012 and spelled it Katie, but everywhere else it’s Katey. Or could he have misspelled his daughter’s name??

They seem to have started out calling her Katie, switched back and forth between the two spellings, and then landing on Katey. I'm assuming it was Katey's choice of spelling.

Based on their blog, it seems like Japanese culture is celebrated in Katey’s extended family to some extent. I would love to see how world-traveler-Jim-bob-who-says-hola-in-Asia handles anything remotely culturally different. He seemed to struggle to even pronounce the name Milagro at Josiah and Lauren’s jinder reveal!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

I’m going down the Nakatsu family blog rabbit hole! Katey and her sister lost their mother at some point early in their lives. So tragic. Their father’s wife is not their biological mother. 

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic