IGNORED

Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged

HandHoldingHeathen

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:35 AM, Jody said:

He doesn’t like to read. That’s the biggest problem. He doesn’t like any other religion than his own, has never had to pay rent, look for indurance, have a job interview....the list goes on and on.

Yeah - but those are also the qualifications the current occupant of the White House has. So... why should this guy be any different. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

21 minutes ago, Meggo said:

Yeah - but those are also the qualifications the current occupant of the White House has. So... why should this guy be any different. 

True, but I think at least the cheeto in charge can read, whereas Jed certainly can’t.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@ati_escapee, I believe you are the first to point out that Jed doesn't live in the district

The discussion about Jed’s political ambitions began in the Duggars by the Dozen 38 thread around page 11. Lots of discussion about the Duggar home district and the one that Jed wants to represent. He apparently is renting a home in District 89.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 12:26 PM, Jody said:

True, but I think at least the cheeto in charge can read, whereas Jed certainly can’t.

He CAN but he seems quite proud of NOT reading. Like it's some kind "I'm down to earth - not one of them high falutin' people who read by CHOICE...." 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Any Homeland Security raid-related discussion needs to go here (sent since Jed mentioned in article):

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Any Homeland Security raid-related discussion needs to go here (sent since Jed mentioned in article):

He’s doesn’t even LIVE there-he’s got no idea what’s going on !!?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Lets hope the Homeland Security raid discussions stay in the hearts and minds of the voters that Jed has to woo! : )

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Let's hope the Democrat representing this district puts up one hell of a good fight and that Jed soundly loses the election (and concedes in a timely manner).

Edited by FloraKitty35
added more to post
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

His statement on the alleged raid does beg the question of where Jed actually does live. If he's living in a house he's renting in the district he wants to represent, that's...interesting. Has the show ever acknowledged that some of the barely adult single boys may not actually live in the TTH but that the substantially older Jana still apparently does?

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

His statement on the alleged raid does beg the question of where Jed actually does live. If he's living in a house he's renting in the district he wants to represent, that's...interesting. Has the show ever acknowledged that some of the barely adult single boys may not actually live in the TTH but that the substantially older Jana still apparently does?

There used to a lot of speculation that JD had moved out of the TTH before he got married, but I remember back when CO first started, he and the other kidults appeared on Good Morning America and he said he still lived at home. If Jed doesn’t live in the TTH, it would be a major departure in terms of how all the kids have been treated up to now. I’m in the camp that Jed owns a house in the district in question but rents it out or has the occasional sleepover with accountability buddies to create the illusion of residency.

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

There used to a lot of speculation that JD had moved out of the TTH before he got married, but I remember back when CO first started, he and the other kidults appeared on Good Morning America and he said he still lived at home. If Jed doesn’t live in the TTH, it would be a major departure in terms of how all the kids have been treated up to now. I’m in the camp that Jed owns a house in the district in question but rents it out or has the occasional sleepover with accountability buddies to create the illusion of residency.

It also gives him deniability. Ya know when the feds show up to the family compound. Which is totally normal. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I’m in the camp that Jed owns a house in the district in question but rents it out or has the occasional sleepover with accountability buddies to create the illusion of residency.

He’s actually renting the house. The address and its owners’ names are easily found online. That being said, it’s very interesting that the raid and his candidacy forced him to announce that he’s moved out, even though that’s not been allowed for the adult children in the past. A precedent has been set!

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

He’s actually renting the house. The address and its owners’ names are easily found online. That being said, it’s very interesting that the raid and his candidacy forced him to announce that he’s moved out, even though that’s not been allowed for the adult children in the past. A precedent has been set!

Maybe not really.

A few years ago there was a story on our local news.  Some government official was getting a lot of flack because he didn't seem to be really representing the people of his district.  A reporter found out the address of his so-called home and it was a tiny little single wide mobile home that looked like a dump.  Rotted wooden steps leading up to the door, tall dead grass all around, and overgrown bushes everywhere.  

Back then, you could call up the electric company and inquire about the average monthly bill for that address.  (I had some friends that did that every time they were looking for a new house to rent, so they could estimate what the monthly bill would be.)  Anyway, when contacted, the electric company said that there had been no service to that address for the last couple of years.  Neighbors of the place said that as far as they knew, the last renters had moved out a couple of years previously.

In short, the guy who pretended to live there was just renting the place so he could run in that district, and he seemed pretty unhappy about the whole thing coming to light.

• Upvote 18
  • WTF 1

Maybe he's moved to the Bahamas and is waiting for the next hurricane so he can provide some godly help????

The whole thing just proves to me that this family is full of liars.  Jed is either living at home or isn't.  But in typical Duggar fashion they choose whatever 'truth' suits at the time and then they run with it.  They claim to be this big, happy family when on TV with all the unmarried kids harmoniously living together.  But now Jed needs to live elsewhere so the story changes?  Are they lying on the TV show or during Jed's campaign?  Either way - they're lying!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

54 minutes ago, Whydon'ttheyspeakintongues said:

Maybe he's moved to the Bahamas and is waiting for the next hurricane so he can provide some godly help????

The whole thing just proves to me that this family is full of liars.  Jed is either living at home or isn't.  But in typical Duggar fashion they choose whatever 'truth' suits at the time and then they run with it.  They claim to be this big, happy family when on TV with all the unmarried kids harmoniously living together.  But now Jed needs to live elsewhere so the story changes?  Are they lying on the TV show or during Jed's campaign?  Either way - they're lying!

I think I read someone where that JD is a pilot... easy to the Bahamas now.... 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

19 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I think I read someone where that JD is a pilot... easy to the Bahamas now.... 

Really?????   They should use that a bit more - like as a theme for major life celebrations.....

• Haha 12

I assumed they rented the house for Jed but he doesn’t actually live in it. I wonder if there will be a debate because I will pay to watch it. 

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
Fixed a double post
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Jed only has a few talking points:

Jesus good

LGBT bad

Jesus good

Abortion bad

Jesus good

Muslims, Catholics, and liberal Christians bad

Jesus good

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 12

Instagram post up.

Spoiler

"Since a lot of us don't live at the 'big' house anymore..."  Yeah.  Sure, Jed.  Like we all believe that you aren't still in one of those bunk beds.  Does Daddy let you live in the rental house now and then to keep up the illusion?  If Daddy wasn't so hungry for political power of any kind, he'd never let you leave without a bride.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I don’t think it’s hard to believe that he’s actually living in a rental house. He’s trying to win an election. Most voters will support or not support him based on his views. But for the undecided voters, more intangible things like integrity or being a good neighbor are going to influence them. Why lie about your living situation when it’s very easy to sleep in your official address every night? Jim Bob obviously prefers his adult children to live at home until they marry, but this is a special circumstance. Jed isn’t looking for an excuse to get out from under JB’s thumb so he can party and hang out with women. He’s trying to appear as upstanding and “grown up” as possible so people will vote for him.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

27 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I don’t think it’s hard to believe that he’s actually living in a rental house. He’s trying to win an election. Most voters will support or not support him based on his views. But for the undecided voters, more intangible things like integrity or being a good neighbor are going to influence them. Why lie about your living situation when it’s very easy to sleep in your official address every night? Jim Bob obviously prefers his adult children to live at home until they marry, but this is a special circumstance. Jed isn’t looking for an excuse to get out from under JB’s thumb so he can party and hang out with women. He’s trying to appear as upstanding and “grown up” as possible so people will vote for him.

I was about to post the bolded. If one of the adult women (Jana) were to move out of the big house then I’d be surprised. The Duggars have changed in a lot of superficial ways* and a male child moving out doesn’t strike me as unbelievable.

*I don’t for a moment believe they’re any less dangerous.  Imo, taken as a whole, the Duggar clan is outwardly more pinterest-y now than they were when 14 and pregnant again (or whatever their initial exposure was) first aired. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic