Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
HandHoldingHeathen

Jed is running for State House

Recommended Posts

grandmadugger
1 hour ago, AuntCloud said:

Possibly. Do you have a penis?

Sadly my two lumps are in my chest region not my groin region. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 21
  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimalkin

   Every single one of them just repeats things they have been told. I have never seen any of them expound on any topic whatsoever. They just regurgitate shit JB tells them. When you grow up isolated like that and have nothing to compare yourself to it’s easy to think your the smartest most talented person in the room. He know this because mommy told him so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tired
purple_summer

I hope they have some kind of debate so his stupidity can give him away. 

  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VGL

There was a riding near me in Ontario that elected a 19 year old homeschooled Christian to the provincial parliament a few years ago.  He was re-elected last year.  He is the Parliamentary Assistant to the Education minister.  He is of course anti abortion and same sex marriage.   I wonder if he has even had sex.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Oosterhoff

  • Upvote 13
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
singsingsing
1 hour ago, VGL said:

There was a riding near me in Ontario that elected a 19 year old homeschooled Christian to the provincial parliament a few years ago.  He was re-elected last year.  He is the Parliamentary Assistant to the Education minister.  He is of course anti abortion and same sex marriage.   I wonder if he has even had sex.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Oosterhoff

He's probably read a total of two books, a children's edition of The Bible, and '12 Rules for Life' by Jordan Peterson.

  • Upvote 13
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HereticHick
16 hours ago, AuntCloud said:

Possibly. Do you have a penis?

Thats an odd question to ask of Grandmadugger!

I assume that "Duggar Studios" (haha--how many films did they produce??) will be in charge of his media campaign.

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kelsey
15 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

Sadly my two lumps are in my chest region not my groin region. 

Sorry but you aren't fit to work for the campaign. You MAY be able to marry him and have his babies though.

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 16
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flippyflop

So I have read his election statement which is trite and predictable, lacking any depth. Here is the  thing I just do not get.  He is pro life but pro guns.  Regardless of your views on those two controversial issues, surely if you believe in protecting life you must have concerns about guns.  There have been many documented mass shootings in the US.  If you believe only God can take life would it not follow that you would support gun reform?

 

  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nervous
scoutsadie
18 hours ago, AuntCloud said:

Possibly. Do you have a penis?

And is it Christian?

 

(I know we've moved on from this, but did not want to deny you the enjoyment of this witty quip. 🤣 )

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 22
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
grandmadugger
2 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Sorry but you aren't fit to work for the campaign. You MAY be able to marry him and have his babies though.

Well I’m out 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 20
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
QuiverFullofBooks
5 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Sorry but you aren't fit to work for the campaign. You MAY be able to marry him and have his babies though.

Not unless she’s got an accountability partner (oh, God, my phone knows that phrase!) monitoring her FJ and other internet activity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
grandmadugger
3 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Not unless she’s got an accountability partner (oh, God, my phone knows that phrase!) monitoring her FJ and other internet activity.

I could bring my husband as my accountability partner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JustEnough
23 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

I could bring my husband as my accountability partner. 

Omg I'm dying. 

The mental picture of this... So so good 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jigsaw3
12 hours ago, VGL said:

There was a riding near me in Ontario that elected a 19 year old homeschooled Christian to the provincial parliament a few years ago.  He was re-elected last year.  He is the Parliamentary Assistant to the Education minister.  He is of course anti abortion and same sex marriage.   I wonder if he has even had sex.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Oosterhoff

 

Soooo glad he's not my MPP. I think his party nomination was shady too.

Edited by Jigsaw3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TZmom
10 hours ago, Jigsaw3 said:

 

Soooo glad he's not my MPP. I think his party nomination was shady too.

What is up with the tactics of the conservative party this year? In my hometown in Nova Scotia (I haven't lived there in 10+ years), country singer George Canyon was nominated to run under shady circumstances after the original conservative nominee dropped out, despite having lived in Calgary for the past 20 years. Polls were showing him neck and neck with the current liberal MP, Sean Fraser,  but luckily Sean won by quite a bit.

I have nothing against George Canyon, I don't know him but I've met his family, and they seem like nice people. The way he was nominated was just really strange and his team was trying to smear his opponents, which I really don't like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KeshetParparNesicha

Hey, Megan Godfrey. If anyone asks for a comment, can you please say, "It's great for kids to get involved in the legislative process, I think it will be very educational for him," or something equally condescending? Please? I'll donate to your campaign 🙏

  • Upvote 13
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Haha 7
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Someone Out There
On 11/9/2019 at 8:05 AM, Flippyflop said:

So I have read his election statement which is trite and predictable, lacking any depth. Here is the  thing I just do not get.  He is pro life but pro guns.  Regardless of your views on those two controversial issues, surely if you believe in protecting life you must have concerns about guns.  There have been many documented mass shootings in the US.  If you believe only God can take life would it not follow that you would support gun reform?

 

What about the death penalty?  Does he state his stance on that?  I don't understand the people who are pro death penalty and yet claim that they are pro life (particularly as a number of people killed from the death penalty are actually innocent).

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy
PennySycamore

@Someone Out There, the late Joseph Cardinal Bernadin talked a lot about the "seamless ethic of life".  It was not enough to be against abortion; to be truly pro-life, you also had to be against the death penalty and care about the quality of life of those already born.  Pope Francis has also been outspoken about the death penalty.  While some Catholics might hold with the seamless life ethic idea, probably few evangelicals do.  

  • Upvote 22
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cleopatra7
1 hour ago, Someone Out There said:

What about the death penalty?  Does he state his stance on that?  I don't understand the people who are pro death penalty and yet claim that they are pro life (particularly as a number of people killed from the death penalty are actually innocent).

I think Jed (or whoever will be writing his sound bytes) would probably say that the unborn are innocent life and worthy of protection, whereas people in death row are not innocent and deserve to be punished in whatever manner the state seems fit. That many people on death row are later found to be innocent has probably never crossed his mind, since the approved news sites he’s allowed to go on like Fox News don’t discuss these issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Someone Out There
1 hour ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I think Jed (or whoever will be writing his sound bytes) would probably say that the unborn are innocent life and worthy of protection, whereas people in death row are not innocent and deserve to be punished in whatever manner the state seems fit. That many people on death row are later found to be innocent has probably never crossed his mind, since the approved news sites he’s allowed to go on like Fox News don’t discuss these issues.

But, why should it matter if someone is innocent or not?  If you are considering abortion as murder, then the death penalty is murder too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smee

Anyone in here West Wing fans? I always liked the episode they did on the death penalty and how the immorality of it crosses religious lines. Jed Bartlet >>>> Jed Duggar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cleopatra7
10 hours ago, Someone Out There said:

But, why should it matter if someone is innocent or not?  If you are considering abortion as murder, then the death penalty is murder too.

For people like the Duggars, abortion is THE issue. If you honestly believe that there has been the equivalent of forty Holocausts because of abortion since Roe v Wade, everything else fades into the background. This is why attempts to make the pro-life ideology broader with things like the seamless garment fall on deaf ears, because it’s just seen as an excuse to vote for pro-choice politicians and not do anything about abortion.

From what I gather, the Duggars are very much into “law and order,” including (perhaps especially) very harsh punishments. In this view, it’s possible to do something so bad that the social order can decide that the criminal forfeits their own life. The unborn in contrast are seen as innocent victims who are given the death penalty for having done absolutely nothing. In real life, we’ve seen that the Duggars aren’t consistent, since JB claimed to be for the death penalty for incest, but worked assiduously to ensure that Josh never faced legal punishment for the molestations he committed. Josh is a good example of how the supposedly impartial criminal justice system tends to ensnare individuals who are poor and/or of color, while individuals from “respectable” backgrounds are not punished for doing the same things. 

  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Idlewild
8 hours ago, Smee said:

Anyone in here West Wing fans? I always liked the episode they did on the death penalty and how the immorality of it crosses religious lines. Jed Bartlet >>>> Jed Duggar.

I adored the West Wing. It’s being repeated here in the UK on Sky TV- I have downloaded and binge watched it. That’s one of my favourite episodes- but there are so many good ones- the script is phenomenal. And no, I cannot imagine Jed ever being in that league! 

Edited by Idlewild

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ati_escapee

I have tried to stay far away from this mess but I just can't help myself. My husband told me that he was running and I thought it was a joke. I had to Google his age because in my mind he was 13. 

I think we have already touched on the topic that he doesn't even live in the district?! They (The Duggars) own rental property everywhere, but I can't imagine that Jed actually lives alone. I can only assume that they already have a Republican representative in their *actual* district, so that's why he's trying to pretend to live somewhere else? I don't get it. I don't know much about Megan Godfrey, but she seems to do a lot with Springdale schools. Has Jed ever stepped in a public school? Does he have anything to say about education? Does he speak Spanish?! There are lot of Hispanic people in "his" district. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy
PennySycamore

@ati_escapee, I believe you are the first to point out that Jed doesn't live in the district.

If  woman can run for Secretary of Education in SC (and win, too) when she's an ardent homeschooler, then surely never having set foot in a public school should not hamper Jed in his ambitions.  Or should it?  Once I get back from vacation, I intend to donate to Megan Godfrey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.