IGNORED

Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged

HandHoldingHeathen

3 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Wasn't JB an extremely lazy politician once he was elected? Wonder if Jed was just taking a page out of his book too early.

That's what I've heard. And JB evidently never cared enough to try to run for office again after he lost. I'm not shocked that they didn't really try at all. They think they can continue to fail upward. They've been doing it for years now. If an incompetent, deranged ignoramus like Trump was able to become president on the basis of a bunch of failed businesses, a reality tv show, being white, and having a penis then surely Jed! can become a rep on the basis of.......a bunch of failed businesses (in his family), a reality tv show, being white, and having a penis.

• Upvote 18

7 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Hello my Us friends I'm glad to see that not only Jed! has loose (even if only by 700 votes, but I will take all I can) by it seems (?) that also his idol has lost. Do you think we will see deflection posts from the Duggar to hide for a while that the boys will have to go back home after the loss? Maybe a couple of pregnancy announce plus gender reveal from Kendra and the engagement announcement from Justin and Claire, at that point, it will be almost Christmas and there will also have been the birth of Jinger's baby with relative article, photos, etc 

Then it will be the new year and who will care anymore if Jed and Jer are home nobody (apart people with a brain and memory) will associate their being back at TTH with the loss in the election 

I’m sure you’re right - there’ll be lots of ‘ look, a cute baby’ type posts to deflect from their failure.

Also, I seriously doubt that they ever really left home- he needed an address in the location to stand in the election and the ‘shucks, boys moving into a house’ was filler for the show as a break from gender reveals and wedding dress shopping. I think they probably had all their meals and had their laundry done at the big house.

• Upvote 11

14 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Sounds like the majority were very happy with Megan Godfrey and didn't want change.  

I went on her website and she is more than qualified for the position.  More qualified than Jed!. 

My six-year-old is more qualified then Jed.

11 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

if the abuse hadn't happened I suspect it would have been Josh he would have pushed for it,

Definitly! But not if the abuse hadn’t happened, for JB it was enough that it wasn’t known.  Josh was already on his way to a political career before the scandals. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

16 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

He didn't try at all, but we don't know if this is something he even wanted.  JB says jump, and if you want to stay on the teat, you jump.  He just didn't jump very high.

I am a little surprised Jim Boob didn't run the other twin.  He's better looking, better spoken and (and this is just my perception) appears to be more intelligent.  Maybe they just flipped a coin.

This is just speculation on my part, but I would not be at all surprised if it was Jed's idea. He's child #10, smack bang in the middle of the 19. He came in the middle a string of boys. He's just so generic. But he knew that daddy loves politics and power and attention and following in his footsteps would make him stand out among his siblings. The time was right after daddy's favourite son and favourite daughter had fallen from grace in recent years.

He reminds me of my BIL, son #4 before they finally got their daughter. The least-wanted son. He was the one to show interest in joining his father's business.

• Upvote 23

6 hours ago, baldricks_turnip said:

He reminds me of my BIL, son #4 before they finally got their daughter. The least-wanted son. He was the one to show interest in joining his father's business.

I've seen a similar dynamic in play with an ex of mine. I can't/won't speculate as to why, but he was clearly his dad's least favorite kid and spent so much time and energy trying to get his dad's approval. It was heartbreaking.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 7

23 hours ago, Bobology said:

These two statements... I had't thought about this until now because I kind of had/have the same thought as @JenniferJuniper above. Jed likely doesn't want to work any more than most of them and maybe he, Jed, cooked up the politician gig. He may see that gig as something that wouldn't create much work for him and therefore appealing. What if he, Jed, wanted all this and JB did nothing more than offer a pittance of support? What if JB feels that Jed really isn't quite ready for this, or worries Jed would "see" too much for his young, protected virginal eyes? It seems if JB is the one who wanted this that he could have contacted all sorts of people who could help Jed learn what to do during an election. Maybe JB is relieved. I'm pretty sure JB realizes being successful at that job entails more work than Jed is willing to do.

I'm not sure I agree that jed doesn't want the job or that jb thinks it's too wordly, but you make a great point about a potential jb sabateur.  I'd forgotten about he's ridiculous inferiority complex when it comes to his sons. This whole campaign I've been astounded at the total failure to learn from past mistakes...why wouldn't he have his son canvassing for more than just a few days and hosting events and networking and posting relevant content etc....unless daddy failed politician can't handle the thought of a successful politician son! Of course!

I feel confident jed really did want the job though because from a duggar perspective it's a perfect job.  You can show up as you please, or not, do as your constituents wish or not and collect a healthy salary and benefits package regardless of how little work you do. 

I realize their little watch party event was a disgusting super spreader and totally not okay, but how fun to be a fly on the wall watching all the smug entitlement melt off their pasty faces as Megan's win was called ?

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

I will be anxious to see as "always on tv" aged kids begin adult lives, how many will decide to go do job training at least or go to Bob Jones, Pensacola or the TN Crown College the Bates' have gone to. I just think someone will want that. Joe went for the semester but I'm sure that was a storyline for the show since he quit when the Josh scandal hit.

Now, as for Jed/Jer lets see if they have to move home or if a courtship happens now instead.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Didn't Jeremiah just get his real estate license? Maybe that's why Jed ran...so they were both "working"....

Edited by nsgoblue
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, nsgoblue said:

Didn't Jeremiah just get his real estate license? Maybe that's why Jed ran...so they were both "working"....

How many house flippers does that family need?

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

How many house flippers does that family need?

Exactly.  And their brokerage, Good Neighbor Realty, has no public presence.  I've long wondered what they actually do other than buy and sell shit for themselves and maybe a few friends?

• Upvote 9

Good Neighbor Realty is closed (I looked it up over the weekend). I assume JB consolidated real estate resources after Mary died. That was her business.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 9

14 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Good Neighbor Realty is closed (I looked it up over the weekend). I assume JB consolidated real estate resources after Mary died. That was her business.

That's interesting, since the AR Real Estate Commission lists it as active.  Joe is the principal broker. ?

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I saw it listed as "permanently closed." But I will take the state's word for it, unless they haven't caught up their paperwork. ?

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, lezajenda said:

I realize their little watch party event was a disgusting super spreader and totally not okay, but how fun to be a fly on the wall watching all the smug entitlement melt off their pasty faces as Megan's win was called ?

I had the exact same thought. This must have been pure gold.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, mpheels said:

I wonder if “permanently closed” is just for the office location, and not the business/license?

Very possible. I just used Mr. Google and found the listing.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone remember Katey Nakatsu? We were speculating that Jed was courting her after he followed her on Instagram (a few other Duggars followed her too). Her Instagram is gone now, though... Anyways, in Jessa's most recent YouTube video about their superspreader family fall festival she asks Jed if he's painting a pumpkin "for his darlin'", and he basically laughs and says sure. Anyways, someone on Reddit took a screenshot of the finished pumpkins and LOOK:

Screenshot_20201126-214950.png.77360f4bdc9e18dee95debbb6eeb9017.png

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 21
  • Love 1

This is the sleuthing that I'm here for! (yes, I know it was reddit sleuthing in this case, but indianabones reported it back here)

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 10

Ok I have forgotten the details and what this chicky babe fundie maiden looks like. Anyone want to recap and share a pic please for others who may have forgotten. 

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah, she’s courting one of the boy twins. I still think it’s Jer, tho. They at least have similar interests. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Ok I have forgotten the details and what this chicky babe fundie maiden looks like. Anyone want to recap and share a pic please for others who may have forgotten. 

Here is the Nakatsu family blog.

They're from Arizona. Katey is 22. When she was 14, her dad and stepmother decided that Gothard was the best thing since sliced bread. (They may have been heavily influenced by watching 19 Kids and Counting.) They pulled Katey and her younger sister out of public school, started homeschooling them, and got them to dress modestly. Katey went on Journey to the Heart pretty soon afterwards and was completely drinking the koolaid. They have tons of pictures on their blog with well-known fundies, like the Staddons and Bates and Maxwells and Wallers. The parents run a "biblical internet radio station". After graduating from homeschool Katey worked at a "prison ministry in Florida" (aka with the Keller family). Oh, and they have their own plane- the dad flies it and Katey got her own pilot license recently. Katey's dad wrote a password-protected blog post on biblical betrothal a few years ago, and they stopped posting to their blogs last year. Katey's deletion of her Instagram makes me think they're cleaning up their social media.

I also think she's probably dating Jeremiah over Jedediah, simply because Jer is so much better looking ?

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 16

10 minutes ago, indianabones said:

I also think she's probably dating Jeremiah over Jedediah, simply because Jer is so much better looking ?

Every Duggar son has “married up” looks-wise so far, so it wouldn’t surprise me if she is dating Jed. Especially with these humper families, I don’t think it matters too much which Duggar they snag, as long as they get one.

• Upvote 6

Well if Jessa was asking Jed about his darlin’ in that YouTube video, and he’s the one who painted the katey pumpkin, then I assume Jed is the one with Katey and not Jer?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

We don't know who has made the Katey pumpkin, just in a part of the video Jessa ask Jed if he is doing one for his "beau" or so he said yes and then after others scene around we see the table with the finished pumpkin and the one with the Katey write on it could have been made from Jed or Jer 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic