IGNORED

Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged

HandHoldingHeathen

Megan's "we did it" post on instagram was the first thing I saw this morning and it gave more relief to my election anxiety than I've felt in the last four years.

That said...I think the fact that he lost speaks to what a lazy pile of poo he really is.  He moved to the district just in time to run, bought a bunch of Jed! merch for his friends and family - most of whom couldn't even vote for him and then did almost nothing to promote himself as a candidate or to register voters.  Any sort of work ethic or hussle and this could have been an easy win for him.  

Thank goodness for the Duggar work ethic.  May their lazy, arrogant male egos never learn from their mistakes!

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 18

Interesting that they were watching CNN instead of Fox (though it’s possible that Fox was on the big screen, which I couldn’t see clearly). Maybe they don’t have cable and CNN.com allowed streaming, but Fox didn’t.

• Upvote 7

He lost, yay... at least that’s some good news in 2020. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 11

Sounds like the majority were very happy with Megan Godfrey and didn't want change.  

I went on her website and she is more than qualified for the position.  More qualified than Jed!. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

The reality is, she won because Jert didn’t even try. As someone pointed out earlier, they bought Duggar swag, put some signs out and drove a truck around town, but that was the extent of his campaigning. No meet n greets, social media engagement, or even taking advantage of free airtime offered by local media to discuss the issues. 

He phoned his whole campaign in. Had he put an honest effort into it, he could have beaten her. 

• Upvote 14

15 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

He phoned his whole campaign in. Had he put an honest effort into it, he could have beaten her. 

Yeah, but that would be work. No one ever taught him what work is - he's a Duggar boy, and he's pretty far down the line. There will always be someone to bail him out. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

The reality is, she won because Jert didn’t even try. As someone pointed out earlier, they bought Duggar swag, put some signs out and drove a truck around town, but that was the extent of his campaigning. No meet n greets, social media engagement, or even taking advantage of free airtime offered by local media to discuss the issues. 

He didn't try at all, but we don't know if this is something he even wanted.  JB says jump, and if you want to stay on the teat, you jump.  He just didn't jump very high.

I am a little surprised Jim Boob didn't run the other twin.  He's better looking, better spoken and (and this is just my perception) appears to be more intelligent.  Maybe they just flipped a coin.

• Upvote 14

Just now, JenniferJuniper said:

He didn't try at all, but we don't know if this is something he even wanted.  JB says jump, and if you want to stay on the teat, you jump.  He just didn't jump very high.

I am a little surprised Jim Boob didn't run the other twin.  He's better looking, better spoken and (and this is just my perception) appears to be more intelligent.  Maybe they just flipped a coin.

I'll take your word for the intelligent part as I haven't watched them in years.  If they flipped a coin that would be more democratic in a sense than the kind of fundy political regime they'd like to implement.  

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, lezajenda said:

Any sort of work ethic or hussle and this could have been an easy win for him.

40 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Had he put an honest effort into it, he could have beaten her. 

These two statements... I had't thought about this until now because I kind of had/have the same thought as @JenniferJuniper above. Jed likely doesn't want to work any more than most of them and maybe he, Jed, cooked up the politician gig. He may see that gig as something that wouldn't create much work for him and therefore appealing. What if he, Jed, wanted all this and JB did nothing more than offer a pittance of support? What if JB feels that Jed really isn't quite ready for this, or worries Jed would "see" too much for his young, protected virginal eyes? It seems if JB is the one who wanted this that he could have contacted all sorts of people who could help Jed learn what to do during an election. Maybe JB is relieved. I'm pretty sure JB realizes being successful at that job entails more work than Jed is willing to do.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

That's a good point.  Jed may have been forced into it and therefore, just did the bare minimum to get by and look good.  Let's hope he and Jer can at least keep the apartment from this deal.  

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, JenniferJuniper said:

am a little surprised Jim Boob didn't run the other twin.  He's better looking, better spoken and (and this is just my perception) appears to be more intelligent.  Maybe they just flipped a coin.

If Jer is more intelligent (and that’s my perception as well), maybe he has enough sense to know that this is going to saddle Jed with a reputation as entitled and unqualified.

• Upvote 13

Someone on his FB suggests getting experience at city council or committee level before trying to run again. I think that’s a great idea but I doubt it appeals to a male Duggar- doing some actual work without the glory for it. He relied on his family fame, he wasn’t bothered about local issues - it was all generic Trump stuff without the detail- no explanation of eg religious freedom- what it means to him and what he’d do about it ; it was all about having his family and friends across the country wearing his t shirts and caps. Even the Spiveys got involved and they don’t even live in Arkansas.

As said above- these are lazy people. They are used to having their own way and working to ‘Duggar time’ and people giving them stuff because their name is Duggar. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

I agree that running was probably Boob’s idea, but I still can’t get over how low effort the campaign was. You’d think Boob would *make sure* he put in the effort, but...

I’m honestly scratching my head...they’re not well liked in the community, so why would they intentionally reinforce the idea they are lazy and entitled? Especially if the goal is higher political office? Maybe they really are that dense? 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I agree that running was probably Boob’s idea, but I still can’t get over how low effort the campaign was. You’d think Boob would *make sure* he put in the effort, but...

I’m honestly scratching my head...they’re not well liked in the community, so why would they intentionally reinforce the idea they are lazy and entitled? Especially if the goal is higher political office? Maybe they really are that dense? 

They are that arrogant.  He assumed he would win because he had a R next to his name.  Also it feed into their God complex. They want it therefore God wants to give it to them and since it’s preordained it will happen because nothing is more powerful than God.  ? 

• Upvote 13

Jed is the same age as Mhari Black, an SNP MP, was when she got elected as MP for Paisley and the difference between them both is staggering, not because of their political beliefs. She had a Job and an education outside her family surroundings, was able to represent herself enough to get elected and has done well in challenging the Conservatives in debates. I just can't see Jed being able to do that. 

Jed's age was not the only thing going against him, he seemed to not be putting an effort into campaigning, he has social media and grew up on TV, he could have used that to his advantage by making regular posts about what his policies were, posting about canvassing for votes and even just engaging with people on twitter. I don't think it was just laziness on his part I think it may be he was overwhelmed by it, I also agree Jim Bob encouraged this because he wanted to have a son follow in his footsteps, if the abuse hadn't happened I suspect it would have been Josh he would have pushed for it, JD and Joe were more shy and Josiah was someone who had charisma and confidence but JB never seemed to like him that much so he was out. 

• Upvote 9

4 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Interesting that they were watching CNN instead of Fox (though it’s possible that Fox was on the big screen, which I couldn’t see clearly). Maybe they don’t have cable and CNN.com allowed streaming, but Fox didn’t.

Quoting myself because I might have figured this out. Their buddy Rick Santorum is a commentator on CNN.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

So will Bunk Bed Jed have to go back to ALERT for losing? Will he have to move home? I'm sorry for him--he's been used by Jim-Bob. I'm glad he lost though--if that makes sense. I do wonder what he'll be allowed to do now.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

and looks the least like josh.... just sayin.....

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

Hello my Us friends I'm glad to see that not only Jed! has loose (even if only by 700 votes, but I will take all I can) by it seems (?) that also his idol has lost. Do you think we will see deflection posts from the Duggar to hide for a while that the boys will have to go back home after the loss? Maybe a couple of pregnancy announce plus gender reveal from Kendra and the engagement announcement from Justin and Claire, at that point, it will be almost Christmas and there will also have been the birth of Jinger's baby with relative article, photos, etc 

Then it will be the new year and who will care anymore if Jed and Jer are home nobody (apart people with a brain and memory) will associate their being back at TTH with the loss in the election 

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 8

7 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Sounds like the majority were very happy with Megan Godfrey and didn't want change.  

I went on her website and she is more than qualified for the position.  More qualified than Jed!. 

Silly--Jed is the most qualified. He has a penis.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

w/o a Chrystal Ball did a report on Jed. She showed video from a party the Duggars had election night. She was surprised no one had on a mask.....

• Haha 8

Wasn't JB an extremely lazy politician once he was elected? Wonder if Jed was just taking a page out of his book too early.

• Upvote 8

10 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

From what I've heard Jed was kind of one issue politician. Maybe if he talked about road paving, etc, he would have had a better shot. 

Jeremiah has spent  more time at ALERT. Jed spent less time which seems to suggest he's more in-line with what his parents want. (They didn't need ALERT to mold him into the ideal son.) Jeremiah is a pilot and working on becoming realtor. (There was a post about this recently on social media.)

I think the boys/kids would do better if they at least had some sort of high diploma/equivalent. Either the GED or NEDP  or one of the others I can't remember.  I saw his graduation from "Duggar Academy'. As far as I know that's all he has. 

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic