IGNORED

Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged

HandHoldingHeathen

12 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I wonder who is voting for Jed.

I'm guessing their last name is Duggar or they've married a Duggar.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 25
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, ADoyle90815 said:

I'm guessing their last name is Duggar or they've married a Duggar.

I don’t even think any of them live in that district. Except maybe Jer since he lives with Jed. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

43.1% for a Republican in that area is pretty embarrassing.

Springdale has large Hispanic and Marshallese populations. Much more democratic than you'd think.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

So do the twins move back to the TTH now that they no longer need to live in that district?

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 29
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, love2scrap said:

Carver bowers just updated his instagram with a video. Looks like the duggars are hosting a massive election night party at their house wtf

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHKDNp7Jrdy/?igshid=1oq9esitkv9r3

WTF? One possible superspreader event follows another. Did anybody spot any other fundies we know? The video was too shaky for me. That always makes me sick.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

28 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

So do the twins move back to the TTH now that they no longer need to live in that district?

I imagine Jed has to give his landlord 30 days notice in the morning. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 22
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, ophelia said:

WTF? One possible superspreader event follows another. Did anybody spot any other fundies we know? The video was too shaky for me. That always makes me sick.

I saw Lauren Caldwell. And maybe Bob Ballinger? 

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

This is exactly what I said on Twitter. Now that the charade is over, they will have to pack up their little experimental house and move back home with mommy & daddy. Too bad, so sad. Pompous, arrogant ignorance is not a good quality in a child. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

I’m pretty sure Bert and Ernie will be courting soon, so they’ll stay where they are. Even Boob knows how forcing his adult sons to move back home looks.

• Upvote 9

I personally like to imagine that Jed and Jer are playing the long game, and running for office was just a ruse to be allowed to move out, and they'll have some excuse why they can't move back. (I know this is wishful thinking and Jed is actually an arrogant ass)

It's going to look real bad them moving back home tomorrow, which is why they won't tell or show us at all. At least they never got to experience having their own bedrooms, so the loss of privacy won't be so jarring l o l

• Upvote 10

Every time I see this thread, I misread it as "Jed is running for STEAK house".

Glad he didn't win. I hope he is suitably embarrassed enough not to try running again. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1

If we can say nothing else for trash-fire 2020 (at the time i'm writing this, the prez election isn't finalized) at least this asshole (jed) lost.   Decisively.  BEAT BY A WOMAN, and a Dem at that.  Take that fuckface.   Lets take a moment to really savor that.

Edit to add - for the benefit of anyone who comes across this later, and dosent read past pages, Jed didn't even beat a primary opponent.  He was the only R running in the primary for this race, so he was automatically passed along to the general.

Edited by The Mother Dust
  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 3
  • Love 4

I'm still concerned that he had so many votes. That means he actually had a chance and it scares me. He's very young now and will still be young in 4 years. I think he might try again ?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I’m sure he’ll try again- JB chose one of his younger sons so he could play the long game, get his face known in politics rather than just one of the J brothers and start building support among Republicans. If I were a Springdale republican voter I’d be pretty annoyed that my party thought a 21 year old with no public service who was parachuted into the area by his Daddy weeks before registration was worthy of my loyalty but then gun, penis, bible seems to be a powerful mandate. 

• Upvote 14

14 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

I'm still concerned that he had so many votes. That means he actually had a chance and it scares me. He's very young now and will still be young in 4 years. I think he might try again ?

Yeah I know.  And although prior to election night, in taking the long view I would still have put my money on Megan, I was nervous, because Arkansas.   But he DID lose.  And it is annoying that that many people thought he was a good choice.  But WAY MORE people thought Megan was.  Also consider, none of us knew who Megan was before this election.  (well, maybe a few fjers did, but I think most didnt.). But we all knew who jed was.  He had the advantage of many many years of tv celebrity and name recognition.  And even with all that he lost.  We should always be vigilant, but its ok to take a moment and celebrate a delicious victory.

• Upvote 14

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic