IGNORED

Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged

HandHoldingHeathen

6 hours ago, wendy-sparkles said:

with apologies to the person on reddit I stole this off ( I was looking to see if they had info on Ross Little) who was doorknocked on behalf of Jed. I'm pretty sure those are Wissmans.

0vptlxkhzot51.jpg

Yep. That’s a 14 year old Charissa Wissmann knocking maskless with her older brother Stephen. 

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Jed wanted to court one of the single Wissmann girls.

• Upvote 12

It's very interesting I think, the Wissmann involvement in Jed's campaign. While I would never have doubted that they knew each other, and went to eg. the same superspreader family camps, I don't feel like I've seen them with the Duggars much at all before now - but I don't follow the Wissmanns that much so I could be wrong about that. Stephen donated to Jed's campaign and doorknocking for them (in a different state?) is a fair amount of commitment I feel. Does anybody have good info on Stephen? Do we know if he has eg. political ambitions and Jed will be returning the favour next electing? Or obviously there's the perennial favourite, could he be courting Jana lol

• Upvote 8

45 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yep. That’s a 14 year old Charissa Wissmann knocking maskless with her older brother Stephen. 

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Jed wanted to court one of the single Wissmann girls.

Yeah there are a lot of them. Who do you think is most likely?

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Yeah there are a lot of them. Who do you think is most likely?

I figured Logan Smith was already chasing after one of them. But maybe they turned him down because his sister is pregnant out of wedlock by a Wilson. He might like Susannah. She’s the quietest one. I thought maybe Logan was after her because she’s into flying.

59 minutes ago, wendy-sparkles said:

It's very interesting I think, the Wissmann involvement in Jed's campaign. While I would never have doubted that they knew each other, and went to eg. the same superspreader family camps, I don't feel like I've seen them with the Duggars much at all before now - but I don't follow the Wissmanns that much so I could be wrong about that. Stephen donated to Jed's campaign and doorknocking for them (in a different state?) is a fair amount of commitment I feel. Does anybody have good info on Stephen? Do we know if he has eg. political ambitions and Jed will be returning the favour next electing? Or obviously there's the perennial favourite, could he be courting Jana lol

I haven’t seen Stephen give any indication that he’s going to run at some point. The most vocal son is Nate. He’s 18 and loves trump almost as much as trump loves himself. Which is a lot. And although Stephen is a little younger than Jana, I could see them meshing pretty well. So I guess anything’s possible.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Thank You 7

Those are Wissmanns. That’s Stephen and Charissa. There has been a lot of intertwining between the Wissmanns, Duggars, Bates, Bonts and Bowers lately. I know it’s all the Big Sandy crap, but those 5 families have been particularly interwoven, so , naturally, my mind immediately goes to potentials couples. (Sorry, guys, but for some reason, pairing these people together is weirdly fascinating to me). 

you could have Stephen Wissmann/ Jana Duggar, Elizabeth Wissmann/ Lawson Bates, there are also 4 more Wissmanns daughters of marrying age, 4-5 Duggar sons, 3 Bates boys, Charlie and Carver Bowers, Denver Bontrager, Johanna Duggar  (yes, I know she’s only 16 but I’m not putting anything past these guys)... so many possibilities. I feel like there’s going to be at least 3-4 matches between these families. The Bowers and Bonts are already intertwined. 

• Upvote 6

12 minutes ago, Oh_Dear! said:

Those are Wissmanns. That’s Stephen and Charissa. There has been a lot of intertwining between the Wissmanns, Duggars, Bates, Bonts and Bowers lately. I know it’s all the Big Sandy crap, but those 5 families have been particularly interwoven, so , naturally, my mind immediately goes to potentials couples. (Sorry, guys, but for some reason, pairing these people together is weirdly fascinating to me). 

you could have Stephen Wissmann/ Jana Duggar, Elizabeth Wissmann/ Lawson Bates, there are also 4 more Wissmanns daughters of marrying age, 4-5 Duggar sons, 3 Bates boys, Charlie and Carver Bowers, Denver Bontrager, Johanna Duggar  (yes, I know she’s only 16 but I’m not putting anything past these guys)... so many possibilities. I feel like there’s going to be at least 3-4 matches between these families. The Bowers and Bonts are already intertwined. 

Johanna just turned 15. I doubt she will end up with any of these boys.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Johanna just turned 15. I doubt she will end up with any of these boys.

Maybe. Maybe not. You never know. 

• Upvote 5

I think JB learned his lesson with Jill and will only marry his younger girls off to fundie families he knows are deep in the kool-aid. And it wouldn’t surprise me if he married Hannie off young (18/19) in order to lock her in before she gets the chance to rebel. 

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 4

jim Bob's probably updated his courting questionnaire to whatever is fundie speak for 'do you promise to never go against The Family?'. I think Hannie and Jenny are at a big risk of being married off very young. they seem unhappy, and they aren't needed by JB and Michelle for childcare. didn't Kelton express interest in Josie Bates when she was 14? *shudder*

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 8

I think all 4 of them are on the risk list.  Josie is nearly 11 and the most coddled of all the kids.  Miracle Josie could turn into wilful teenager who's the most used to getting her own way and needs marrying off.  Also a Josie wedding would get nearly as much publicity as a Jana wedding just because she's the youngest and the one who nearly make it (interposed with footage and pictures of her in the incubator).

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I think if they married off super young, it will also be because the show needs their weddings for content to air. This whole conversation is really sad and depressing. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

On 10/17/2020 at 12:03 PM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

So others don’t have to click, the donor is Ross Little, a retired banker in Lafayette, Louisiana, who gave over $8000. Anyone know anything about him?

Ross Little Jr of Lafayette seems to be a big player in the Louisiana GOP

https://ballotpedia.org/Ross_Little_Jr.

https://www.newlouisiana.org/battle-for-the-heart-of-lafayettes-republican-party/

https://www.c-span.org/person/?rosslittle

https://www.eenews.net/stories/1063712343

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 10

On 10/19/2020 at 5:41 PM, HereticHick said:

Probably part of ATI/IBLP

• Upvote 5

I had a look at his opponent’s social media and there is a reference to a mailshot Jed did whereby a photo of her was cropped and he referred to her as ‘radical princess ‘. He really is an entitled arse.

• Upvote 11
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I had a look at his opponent’s social media and there is a reference to a mailshot Jed did whereby a photo of her was cropped and he referred to her as ‘radical princess ‘. He really is an entitled arse.

To be fair, that mail flyer was produced by the state Republican Party, not the Duggars.  But it was stupid because it's a picture of her participating in a UofA tradition...in what way is that objectionable or damaging to her candidacy? They're grasping at straws.  I think it's a sign that she's favored to win (good!).

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

@Snarkasarus Rex ah, right. Does that mean Jed wouldn’t have known anything about it? I think a kid who was gifted a house, business and donations by his daddy shouldn’t really be endorsing someone being called a ‘princess’.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

@Snarkasarus Rex ah, right. Does that mean Jed wouldn’t have known anything about it? I think a kid who was gifted a house, business and donations by his daddy shouldn’t really be endorsing someone being called a ‘princess’.

He probably did know it was going out, but that doesn't mean he had anything to do with it.  Although I'm sure they were happy to see it get mailed out. I get crap all the time about my Dem incumbent that wasn't specifically endorsed by her challenger...joke's on them because I already voted.  It goes immediately into the recycle bin.  ?

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

To be fair, that mail flyer was produced by the state Republican Party, not the Duggars.

But I don't want to be fair with him/them. I want them to show their dumfoolery and then I want to read all the snark here.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

This is actually a non-story. The donor made separate, legal donations but they were lumped together for reporting purposes. It’s been fixed, but whoever  did the initial reporting was lazy.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 11

14 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

Here's to Jed! May today be the day he gets his ass handed to him. 

I agree, but please... there needs to be something for his 14th child to do! Maybe today can be the FIRST time he gets it handed to him.

Edited by Bobology
  • Upvote 7

If Jed wants to be a politician, would it look better if he announced an engagement as supposed to a courtship, as a Duggar-style supervised courting is unusual even for conservative Christians? That way he wouldn't have to say how he arrived at the engagement, just that he was engaged. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Even if JB marries the kids off young I have no doubt there will still be a couple who eventually say enough is enough and decide divorce is preferable to joining Anna in her martyr role. It may take years but there’s no way all 18, 19 of the Duggar children will have lifelong marriages. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic