IGNORED

Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged

HandHoldingHeathen

1 hour ago, HeartsAFundie said:

The only one of Trump's kids I actually feel sorry for is Barron.  He's a minor and didn't request to be brought into this mess. 

I doubt his father has much of anything to do with him anyway. Like I can't imagine Trump sitting down and helping Barron with homework or playing catch with him or watching a baseball game with him. Hell, he didn't even take Barron to the World Series game last year when it was in DC. 

• Upvote 15

my next door (married, lesbian couple) neighbors have a "GAYS FOR TR*MP" sign and there is a pink "Women for Tr*mp" flag further down the road and I get so angry. I do not fucking understand humans who don't want rights for themselves. 

I also get angry that all of the flags say "No More Bullshit"... like excuse me? he has been president for the last four years. Alllllllll this current bullshit, is your bullshit. If you don't like the current bullshit VOTE IT OUT. 

• Upvote 20
  • WTF 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

Apologies if this has already been posted and I missed it, but on tumblr someone linked to Jed's campaign information and when I searched his opponent I found the disparity in campaign donations very comforting. I can't find any polling of the race so this is the only measure I can think of to gauge how the campaigns are going. I've screenshotted Megan Godfrey's top donors also, and I thought it was interesting that she has two of the Walmart Waltons contributing to her campaign.

Okay I checked reddit to see if they had more information on Jed's campaign and someone had found a bunch of Duggars and Zach Bates in Jed's donors. I thought the info on their jobs was interesting/ does anybody have an idea of what James' "Self employed - heavy equipment" would entail? I looked through it myself and have found contributions from Austin, his brother in law Bobby, Stephen Wissman and Jim Bob, who only gave $300 lol. 

Edit: okay, I think I figured out how to put all the images in a spoiler. 

Spoiler

1851566736_jed1.PNG.579ea86a32302a19eff57b07e0173a39.PNG

1972365632_jed3.PNG.c78939b1aa9524918eab827521e587e2.PNG

6qxdxei5rws51.png.ef6f44f0484c6b6d547f94a2ec36a4e0.png

1685471635_jedaustin.png.397e6ae8de5c6bf3e96a84ea6d33c6dc.png

618896273_jedbobby.png.9df0638569ea3f727bcdb88f59bb8e32.png

395918245_jedwissman.png.db7e7b8e7a9482b6140f5252fd3f59d5.png1294102615_jedjimbob.png.c19e121259511ff8a9dadc31ca1fcbbc.png

Edited by wendy-sparkles
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 12

1 hour ago, wendy-sparkles said:

I thought the info on their jobs was interesting/ does anybody have an idea of what James' "Self employed - heavy equipment" would entail?

Heavy equipment usually refers to equipment like cranes, bulldozers, excavators, skid steers, etc. I think they've shown on the show some of the kids operating some of this machinery. It wouldn't be unusual for a family with a lot of real estate operations and a lot of land to have some of this equipment on hand, but I don't know if they have an actual heavy equipment business, where you could hire them to come excavate your land or pave your street, etc.

• Upvote 4

JB didn't need to give more than $300 under his own name... he likely paid the $500 for anyone  any man in the family who would agree to use their name for donations.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 15

On 10/13/2020 at 7:32 AM, ophelia said:

Wow. The mental gymnastics are kind of impressive. Yet I totally understand your anger.

So much mental gymnastics. They've been otherwise wonderful neighbors and I'm really trying not to write them off due to this... but support for him in 2020 is really just inexcusable. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

The in-state vs out-of-state  contributions for Megan and Jed are pretty telling.  Jed's are about 60% from in-state while Megan's are over 85%.

• Upvote 9

5 hours ago, mydoggoskeeper said:

The in-state vs out-of-state  contributions for Megan and Jed are pretty telling.  Jed's are about 60% from in-state while Megan's are over 85%.

That’s actually really impressive, because I know a lot of people even on FJ have said they’ve contributed (and yes, possibly they didn’t but given context seems likely).  So even with what felt like potential for a lot of out of state donations, she still had more in state.  Interesting. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I wonder if heavy equipment includes tow truck operator? Also, planes are pretty heavy. Could be a pilot.

Regardng donations from the Waltons, I think we finally hit a point where the people with money/power in the US are actually fed up with incompetent and ill prepared people in elected office. It’s like a small scale version of the Goldman Sachs statement from last week saying Biden would be better for the economy than Trump. The Waltons have more to lose from dysfunctional state government then they do from any minor changes in taxation or regulation than a Dem state representative would impose in Arkansas.  I also suspect they are supporting Godfrey because they know she will win, and they want to make an ally. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

43 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

Is Stephen Wissman already married? Coyld he be a Jana seeker?

He's unmarried and about 3.5 years younger. Take that as you will.

• Upvote 6

We've speculated about him since forever. He is quite handsome and seems to be hard working. But I think he is way to independent to suit JB's desires in potentital son-in-laws.

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, albireo said:

He's unmarried and about 3.5 years younger. Take that as you will.

3,5 years at Jana's age is quite different from 17-20 or 19-22, so who knows ?

• Upvote 4

On 10/14/2020 at 9:42 AM, Bobology said:

JB didn't need to give more than $300 under his own name... he likely paid the $500 for anyone  any man in the family who would agree to use their name for donations.

This is EXACTLY what I'm thinking. That $500 is not coming from Joseph/James/Ben/Jason's pocket. It's being channeled through them to Jed. I'm not convinced it's directly from JB himself: it's possibly from another source or a Duggar-controlled fund, but it's not coming from the boys' earnings. Not so sure about Austin's contribution. I'm a little surprised they're not making separate contributions under the girls' names (maybe they are but it's not listed here?) but hey, let patriarchy work for Godfrey for a change.

The $1000 from Zach Bates is also interesting. Does Zach really have that much to spare? Is he getting it from some random Bates source?

• Upvote 11

14 minutes ago, Jigsaw3 said:

This is EXACTLY what I'm thinking. That $500 is not coming from Joseph/James/Ben/Jason's pocket. It's being channeled through them to Jed. I'm not convinced it's directly from JB himself: it's possibly from another source or a Duggar-controlled fund, but it's not coming from the boys' earnings. Not so sure about Austin's contribution. I'm a little surprised they're not making separate contributions under the girls' names (maybe they are but it's not listed here?) but hey, let patriarchy work for Godfrey for a change.

The $1000 from Zach Bates is also interesting. Does Zach really have that much to spare? Is he getting it from some random Bates source?

Isn't that......illegal?

• Upvote 4

Well at least we know what Ben does, officially. He tutors the kids.

The Seewalds be screwed once this show ends; forever suckling on JB’s teat. I feel for their kids. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

20 hours ago, wendy-sparkles said:

Isn't that......illegal?

Only if you’re trying to get around a law that limits donations. Is there such a law in Arkansas? It also might not be technically illegal if it’s a shared family bank account, rather than JB handing over a check with “Jed’s campaign” in the subject line.

4 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Don't know if any of you saw this on Reddit or Tumblr but it seems Jed!2020 campaign could be at risk for collecting too much donation from one single donor

https://precious-and-neat-fundies.tumblr.com/post/632191807215828992/duggar-collects-three-times-the-limit-from

So others don’t have to click, the donor is Ross Little, a retired banker in Lafayette, Louisiana, who gave over $8000. Anyone know anything about him?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

with apologies to the person on reddit I stole this off ( I was looking to see if they had info on Ross Little) who was doorknocked on behalf of Jed. I'm pretty sure those are Wissmans.

0vptlxkhzot51.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic