IGNORED

Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged

HandHoldingHeathen

Well, Katey Nakatsu has been pinning wedding dresses (and shoes, and a ring and other wedding related items) on Pintrest. Perhaps all fundie girls do that? 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I think she’s the green shirt girl.

Oh she looks so much older than Justin. Rocking the cougar lol 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, xenobia said:

Well, Katey Nakatsu has been pinning wedding dresses (and shoes, and a ring and other wedding related items) on Pintrest. Perhaps all fundie girls do that? 

It's one of only 2 or 3 days that are about them in their entire lives (wedding, maybe the day they "accept Jesus", maybe the announcement of their first pregnancy).  I bet most of them do it.

• Upvote 10

• 1 month later...

If Jed is running for a big boy job like State Representative maybe he shouldn't advertise the info that he still shares a bedroom with his twin brother like they are five year olds.

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jeremiah-and-jedidiah-duggar-house-tour-see-home-on-counting-on/

Edited by SPHASH
Correction
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 15

They grew up one of 19 children having their childhood broadcast on tv. I think their perception of reality is highly skewed in so many ways . 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

17 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Do they perhaps not realize how odd that is to the general public?

They’re so out of touch that I don’t think they do. The Bert and Ernie references are probably lost on Boobchelle as well since it wasn’t on TV when they grew up. 

Also, why do two single guys need a ‘guest bedroom’ when their family lives 15 min down the road? It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that Jana stays there sometimes. They’ll eventually run out of hamburgers, ya know.

You’re not fooling anyone Duggars.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

These fundie kids say they want to lead So they run for political office at 21. I understand not going to college if it’s not for them, but it seems like joining the military before running for office would be a better Strategy for winning Especially as a republican. Is the reason they don’t join up because their homeschool “Duggar Academy” diploma means they can’t enlist? Is an actual HS certificate Or GED required to get in? And if that’s true, shouldn’t that also be required to be a State representative? 

• Upvote 8

41 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

They’re so out of touch that I don’t think they do. The Bert and Ernie references are probably lost on Boobchelle as well since it wasn’t on TV when they grew up. 

Also, why do two single guys need a ‘guest bedroom’ when their family lives 15 min down the road? It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that Jana stays there sometimes. They’ll eventually run out of hamburgers, ya know.

You’re not fooling anyone Duggars.

Sesame Street premiered in the fall of 1969 so it was around when JB and Michelle were growing up but maybe not when they were toddlers, depending on their age. Bert and Ernie have been part of Sesame Street from the beginning as have Cookie Monster, Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch, Grover and Kermit.  Betty Lou, Prairie Dawn and Roosevelt Franklin were some other Muppets on Sesame Street from the beginning.    Some of the human cast has been there this whole time too: Bob McGrath and Loretta Long who play Bob and Susan.  Gordon has been a character since the very first show, but has been played a several different actors.  Matt Robinson was the second actor to play Gordon and he also did the voice of Roosevelt Franklin.  Matt was also the father of Holly Robinson Peete.  Not all fans of Sesame Street in '69 were toddlers.  Some of us were high school frosh.

@BlessingsVonFundiePants, you'd think that military service would be attractive to Republican leaning kids, but if you actually look at the military service of people in office or for people running, they might be more likely to be Democrats.  Republicans may talk a good game about the military, but that's all that it is in many cases: talk.   Someone who wants to enlist does have to be a high school graduate and I'm not sure that a GED will suffice.  Officers have to be college grads unless they are warrant officers who start off as enlisted personnel.  

Edited by PennySycamore
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I don’t think they would join the military as it would mean taking orders from people who aren’t like them. As far as I can see, political office and gurning on TV are the only forms of paid employment they endorse.

John David likes to cosplay with a gun and a badge but I can’t see him ever becoming a proper police officer. Again, it would involve training, taking orders and not just turning up when he feels like it or for a magazine shoot.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

Derick is following Jeds competition on Instagram.  He is also following Jed so he may just be interested in what Megan is saying.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

It will be interesting to see which of them publicly endorse his campaign. Jinger has already posed in a Vote Jed hat, I’ve no doubt Anna will because she loves to ingratiate herself - I expect he’s hoping Josh will keep quiet. Although Derick has previously been pro Trump I don’t see him helping Jed, and by default JB.

• Upvote 8

If living at home means he wasn't eligible to run (wrong district) would the others  be able to vote for him?  Don't the Smuggars live on the TTH property as far as we know?

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

If living at home means he wasn't eligible to run (wrong district) would the others  be able to vote for him?  Don't the Smuggars live on the TTH property as far as we know?

I don’t know about the others, but yes, anyone living at the TTH can’t vote for Bert, er...Jed.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

On 7/24/2020 at 10:25 PM, BlessingsVonFundiePants said:

These fundie kids say they want to lead So they run for political office at 21. I understand not going to college if it’s not for them, but it seems like joining the military before running for office would be a better Strategy for winning Especially as a republican. Is the reason they don’t join up because their homeschool “Duggar Academy” diploma means they can’t enlist? Is an actual HS certificate Or GED required to get in? And if that’s true, shouldn’t that also be required to be a State representative? 

They went to ALERT. And work with MedicCorps (sp?) Can be a (volunteer) law enforcement officer. If you get an outfit, you can be a soldier too.

• Upvote 5

Trying to be objective--- any speculation on who is likely to win?  I looked for polling, and I guess this race is "too small" to get official polling.  A couple bits of hope for Megan....she did defeat a republican in the last election, though granted it was a by a small margin.   However, that was before this pandemic/George Floyd debacle....i've heard that available polling points to this administration's incompetence in handling these things as pulling down other republican politicians' approval ratings.  Would that effect trickle down to this more local race, do you think?

I also looked at the demographics of this area, and to my pleasant surprise, the hispanic population is the biggest.  I think that works in Megan's favor.  However Jed probably has larger name recognition thanks to years on reality tv.   What do you guys think.   

• Upvote 4

I honestly think it’s a tossup, although it shouldn’t be.

Jed is a white male with an R after his name. That alone will net him a significant portion of the vote. Is that enough to win? I don’t know. The sheer difference in their qualifications, campaigns and online presence does work against him (a lot).  However, a significant number of Megan’s constituents may or may not be eligible to vote, e.g., Marshallese immigrants by treaty have a legal right to live and work in the U.S., but this does not convey citizenship. 

Side note, the Marshallese people’s unique status in the U.S. is probably why that guy in AZ targeted Marshallese women in his adoption scam. 

• Upvote 12

• 3 weeks later...

is jed! even still running. his candidacy isn't even mentioned on his ig profile. its just so bizarre how lazy this all is.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, artdecades said:

is jed! even still running. his candidacy isn't even mentioned on his ig profile. its just so bizarre how lazy this all is.

They probably think Jed! is going to win by virtue of just being on the ballot.  Boob actually has experience as a political candidate, so I can’t see him allowing Jed! and Jer to do the absolute bare minimum unless they think that’s all that’s required. That would be a very Duggary thing to do.

Lord, grant me the confidence of a mediocre white man!

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 5

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2020 at 12:35 PM, artdecades said:

Yeah, can anyone from NWA comment on what kind of a campaign he’s running? His Instagram shows no recent activity related to campaigning. I’m curious why he would run and then seemingly put in very little effort. He could be canvassing and meeting with local political, business and religious groups every day and not be posting about it on social media. 

• Upvote 10

Don't be silly, @JDuggs! He's a man, therefore he should win the election against a woman by virtue of having a penis. He doesn't need to do anything else!

I was going to /s, but then I realised he probably does think people will believe him to be more qualified based on his sex. I would think JB would know better, but who knows how vain these people really are?

• Upvote 15

On 9/21/2020 at 5:32 AM, JDuggs said:

Yeah, can anyone from NWA comment on what kind of a campaign he’s running? His Instagram shows no recent activity related to campaigning. I’m curious why he would run and then seemingly put in very little effort. He could be canvassing and meeting with local political, business and religious groups every day and not be posting about it on social media. 

You’re surprised a Duggar is putting no effort into something? I’m not. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 9/20/2020 at 10:32 PM, JDuggs said:

Literally all I've seen or heard about it is big signs down the main road in Springdale. Even the really political people I know haven't mentioned him at all. A lot of focus is going towards a big number of BIPOC candidates for city council trying to make a dent in the massive Good Old Boy hold the white dudes have in the town

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

We are staying overnight in Fayetteville, coming into town from the south, we drove down a main thoroughfare, and there were vote for Jed Duggar signs all over the place. This led to me giving my esposo  a TED talk  about the Duggars and all things Duggarville! He now knows for certain that I am crazy-

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 12
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic