IGNORED

Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged

HandHoldingHeathen

He’s got an Instagram page and he announced today he is running for Arkansas State House....

Hoo boy.....

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, HandHoldingHeathen said:

He’s got an Instagram page and he announced today he is running for Arkansas State House....

Hoo boy.....

When is the election? 2020?

Never mind-just found this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/tv/jed-duggar-launches-conservative-political-career-arkansas-state-representative/amp/

I REALLY hope the Josh child molestation debacle has ruined all the political chances for all of  the rest of the family and Jed loses.

Edited by Pleiades_06
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, Pleiades_06 said:

I REALLY hope the Josh child molestation debacle has ruined all the political chances for all of  the rest of the family and Jed loses.

As much as I hope that I doubt it has, especially due to the fact that the republican in that district lost by like, 26 votes in the last election or something ridiculously small. I feel like a most republicans would be willing to overlook that scandal to avoid a democrat WOMAN being in charge. I mean at least he hasn't molested anyone that we know of. I know that's a really low bar but like, we need to remember they elected a president who's molested a number of women, including walking into the changing room of underage girls... sooooooo

• Upvote 15
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 2

Has the guy ever been employed by anyone other than JimBob?!?

The sense of entitlement is insane.

• Upvote 34
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Holy shit!  What the hell kind of qualifications does he have?

He’s a male Duggar. Need he any more? /s

• Upvote 22

While I think young people must be involved in politics and their point of view is very interesting and necessary, I consider 21 years old is too young to be a representative, unless she or he had been working for several years and living out of parents home. Even high qualified or brilliant people should wait until they have faced difficulties at work, have lived alone, have paid taxes, have had adult relationships (romantic or not)... 

In short, politics should LIVE widely the adult life they are suposed to legislate about. Yes, I know a lot of actual representatives seem to know nothing about real life, but they shouldn't be elected!

Anyway, Jes's a Duggar. Isolated, brainwashed, with a weak education and who cannot approach a girl without permission. Someone whose parents control his internet access, his bank account, his friends, his clothes. Who is not allowed to go to a secular college or to find a job by himself. Even for conservatives, it's a bad joke. Or should be.

• Upvote 28
  • Love 11

I think Jed is setting himself up for failure, he is only 20 and hasn't had a job outside working for his family and he hasn't had much life experience. While it's good he has ambition I just think if he wants to go into politics, maybe he should get a job working with a politian or in some local government capacity. 

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I think Jed is setting himself up for failure, he is only 20 and hasn't had a job outside working for his family and he hasn't had much life experience. While it's good he has ambition I just think if he wants to go into politics, maybe he should get a job working with a politian or in some local government capacity. 

I think he has worked on the campaign for Bob Ballinger - the latter’s wife was singing his praises on twitter until someone outed her as hardly a casual observer and she she did some quick deleting.

in an ideal (Duggar) world I’m sure he’d have had more formal preparation like Josh - but I doubt any jobs like that are coming forward. He has been popping up on some ‘Freedomist’ instagram with similarly youthful conservatives. 

It saddens me that people will vote for him because of the image of his family - his limited bio speak of protecting faith- he means people like him should be able to discriminate against people who aren’t like him & faith base programmes - he means his brand of Christian based programmes rejecting any proper science or research. There’s plenty to call him out on and there’ll be plenty more once he starts having to give details- but the youth thing is the least of it.

• Upvote 18
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

He doesn’t like to read. That’s the biggest problem. He doesn’t like any other religion than his own, has never had to pay rent, look for indurance, have a job interview....the list goes on and on.

• Upvote 19

Jed in the latest episode talking about Jason. "Well, he's STILL a little bit younger than me....." Does Jed understand that Jason will always be younger than him    ?    He certainly sounds intelligent enough to make policy decisions for the masses. ? 

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 26
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

@SPHASH her name is Megan Godfrey. Also a Christian. She has a masters degree in elementary education and worked as an ESL teacher and is currently the ELL co-director for a school district and pursuing a PhD.

meganforarkansas . Com

There is a nice editorial write up in  nwaonline.com called a race worth watching.

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 11
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

The Duggars have been rubbing shoulders with politicians and helping with some (generally unfortunate) campaigns for a long time.  I'm not saying Jed is qualified, but I believe the family connections would support Jed...especially if he's just a mouthpiece for JB.

I think the TV show would tend to help him.  I'm sure a lot of people would just associate him with that family who does a lot of projects and has a lot of babies vs. someone who's likely intent on taking a woman's right to choose away.

I wonder what Jed's views on child predators are.  Hope somebody asks him.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Jed's most recent ig picture looks like it was taken back when we would play office worker as kids. 

Edited by Kelsey
fixed an autocorrect
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Arkansas State Legislature Compensation:

http://www.ncsl.org/research/about-state-legislatures/2019-legislator-compensation.aspx

Arkansas . . . . . . $41,394 58  annual salary

+ .58/per mile  for travel.

+  Current per diem rate for legislators who live more than 50 miles from the capitol in Little Rock is $149. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Arkansas State Legislature Compensation:

http://www.ncsl.org/research/about-state-legislatures/2019-legislator-compensation.aspx

Arkansas . . . . . . $41,394 58  annual salary

+ .58/per mile  for travel.

+  Current per diem rate for legislators who live more than 50 miles from the capitol in Little Rock is $149. 

I wonder if Boob will make Jed turn his paychecks over to him as running roughshod over women, gays, and children is considered "ministry work" in Duggarworld.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

I wanted to say, "what on earth makes him think he's capable of representing a constituency in any state?" but of course you all have covered the bases for me..

• Upvote 10
  • Love 4

7 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I wanted to say, "what on earth makes him think he's capable of representing a constituency in any state?" but of course you all have covered the bases for me..

90% of it is having a penis, 10% is being a Divine Duggar

• Upvote 19
  • Love 3

12 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

Maybe he’ll hire me. 

Possibly. Do you have a penis?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 28
  • Love 3

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic