• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
mollysmom

Sugar affecting my moods?

mollysmom

This may be common knowledge to everyone else but this is a legit question. Is it possible that my mood is affected when I eat sugar? Unfortunately I'm a pretty moody person. (moody in that one minute I will be fine & literally the next minute I'm annoyed or crying then an hour later I can be happy & singing again....yeah...annoying for me and anyone around me haha) About 2 weeks ago I had my yearly physical with my Dr. & she said that my cholesterol was a little high and my blood sugar was a little high so she suggested I change my diet. So I did. Ever since then my mood has been pretty stable. Hardly any crying or irritablity. Last night I had a bag of pretzel m & m's and today I was irritable and crying. Maybe a fluke but I think I'm going to start keeping track of that in case sugar is causing my mood swings. Is that even possible or is this all in my head? 

mollysmom

So, I googled my question after I wrote it (oh well) and apparently sugar can definitely affect your mood!! I'm 42 years old & have been moody my whole life. How have I never known this???