IGNORED

Andy Savage starting a new church

Curious

I did a search and didn't see us talking about this yet.   http://thewartburgwatch.com/2019/10/28/andy-savage-who-molested-jules-woodson-is-starting-a-new-church-the-church-doesnt-need-him-churchtoo-metoo/

What is it with these disgraced pastors restarting like nothing horrible happened?

• Upvote 5
  • Angry 2

8 minutes ago, Curious said:

I did a search and didn't see us talking about this yet.   http://thewartburgwatch.com/2019/10/28/andy-savage-who-molested-jules-woodson-is-starting-a-new-church-the-church-doesnt-need-him-churchtoo-metoo/

What is it with these disgraced pastors restarting like nothing horrible happened?

Because they know some people will forgive him and stick up for him by saying, “we are all sinners.” And act like molesting is on the same level of sinning as eating an extra slice of pie on thanksgiving. 

• Upvote 11

Well, it's all they know.  And, ewwww, get a J. O. B. and actually work?  Like other people?  The people in their flock?  How degrading! 

Anyway, in their summary of Andy's sermon, TWW noted that Andy 

... claims he’s now free from caring about what *you* think.

Sounds so much like Spanky, right?  Like, Yeah, I fucked you over, I'm not sorry,  just get over it already.  I've moved on; what the hell's wrong with you? 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9

Interesting take on this in Bruce Gerencser's latest blog post at The Life and Times of Bruce Gerencser,  One Man's Journey From Eternity to Here.  Bruce is a former Independent Fundamentalist Baptist preacher man and now is an evolving secular humanist.  

What Andy Savage, Mark Driscoll, and Ted Haggard Have in Common

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

28 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@Howl,  I'd read Bruce's take on this yesterday.  I'm glad you posted it.

Bruce is a rather dear man.  I follow him on Facebook as well, so I get posts about Fundamentalist preachers hauled up on charges of various types of sex abuse and assault, as well as many pictures of his grandkids playing sports!  I still find myself fascinated that Bruce's wife Polly, who has IFB preachers in her immediate family, began having serious doubts about the Biblical inerrancy and the entire fundamentalist Christianity schtick in general at about the same time Bruce did, so it didn't imperil their marriage. 

• Upvote 1