IGNORED

Andrea Mills 3: Still Buying Junk Food

Coconut Flan

18 minutes ago, WhatAlife said:

When Andrea was dying, I really thought that the trauma of watching her go through it, would motivate Tom to roll up his sleeves and become the best parent to his kids

I know. I can only hope that there are better things to come, and that a few months isn't soon enough for him to make those big changes. I just find it hard to imagine him ever doing them even once he has a better hold on life as a single parent. But I hope we get to see things change for the kids.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, WhatAlife said:

would motivate Tom to roll up his sleeves and become the best parent to his kids. I thought he would want to honor her in that way. 
Naively I thought he really loved her and them, so he would do anything  to lessen their pain

I think one of the issues here is that Andrea was a shitty mom too. She was awful to her kids, so it wasn't like he watched her being this amazing mother who put her kids first and tried to help them live their best life. The kids had to conform to her whims. So by putting himself first, he is doing much of what Andrea did. He didn't get to watch Andrea be a good mother and encourage him to be a good father. He watched Andrea be a crappy mom, get praised for it on Youtube so he is continuing to be a shitty dad and he expects the praises to keep rolling in. 

I think he does really loves her and the kids. He seems to be coping by going to the internet to get praise for being a wonderful dad.  To the Mills parents real love seemed to be putting the parents first and her dying probably wouldn't change that. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 19
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

Why do you think A&T decided that huge amounts of sugar and carbs  (and butter) are perfectly okay for the children and themselves?  Is it in the Bible? I'm thinking Tom always liked lots of sweets, so Andrea decided to add that to their nutrition (ha) chart. 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I think one of the issues here is that Andrea was a shitty mom too. She was awful to her kids, so it wasn't like he watched her being this amazing mother who put her kids first and tried to help them live their best life. The kids had to conform to her whims. So by putting himself first, he is doing much of what Andrea did. He didn't get to watch Andrea be a good mother and encourage him to be a good father. He watched Andrea be a crappy mom, get praised for it on Youtube so he is continuing to be a shitty dad and he expects the praises to keep rolling in. 

You, my dear friend, are such an unrelenting troll!  If by speaking uncomfortable truths is being a troll.:laughing-jumpingpurple:

There have been times when I have observed the Mills Family debacle and have felt sorry for Tom.  A man married to an increasingly medically phobic, woo-woo to the max, foil-hatted, unrepentant child collector, and narcissistic mom of many like Andrea. 

I think Tom loved Andrea.  But she became weirder and weirder.  And he went along.  Folie a deux.

She bred children who (in her mind) were mere extensions of herself.  Children whose own interests and inclinations were irrelevant to her plan and dream.

I don't think it was the medical professionals who "emasculated" Tom.  Tom's main interest is (and always was) preaching garbage. He is not and never has been a stellar parent.  It was Andrea who drove the dysfunctional bus.   And Tom went along with it.

Tom never was terribly interested in the kids.  So why are we so surprised that Tom (AKA Peter Pan) is not interested in raising them now!

Tommy scheduling his latest Bible Study for kiddy bedtime is so predictable.  And so very Peter Pan.  

He completely disgusts me, even as I try to comprehend his limitations.

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 24
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I think he does really loves her and the kids. He seems to be coping by going to the internet to get praise for being a wonderful dad.  To the Mills parents real love seemed to be putting the parents first and her dying probably wouldn't change that. 

That’s an excellent point . He’s just doing more of the same really with the added increase of processed junk food... 

It is sad because there will be viewers watching him do it and saying “ if he is doing it, I can feed my kids like that too!”  Ugh ? 

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, Zenyatta said:

Why do you think A&T decided that huge amounts of sugar and carbs  (and butter) are perfectly okay for the children and themselves?  Is it in the Bible? I'm thinking Tom always liked lots of sweets, so Andrea decided to add that to their nutrition (ha) chart. 

This is one aspect in their life that definitely goes against the bible's teachings unless they have their own spin on what is written. They can't even say that they eat the bad stuff in moderation.  There's a lot in the bible about eating moderately and healthy. They must have been sleeping when certain verses were blasting from their audio bible :pb_wink:

An example...

Daniel 1:12-17 ESV “Test your servants for ten days; let us be given vegetables to eat and water to drink. Then let our appearance and the appearance of the youths who eat the king's food be observed by you, and deal with your servants according to what you see.” So he listened to them in this matter, and tested them for ten days. At the end of ten days, it was seen that they were better in appearance and fatter in flesh than all the youths who ate the king's food. So the steward took away their food and the wine they were to drink, and gave them vegetables. ...

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, under siege said:

This is one aspect in their life that definitely goes against the bible's teachings unless they have their own spin on what is written. They can't even say that they eat the bad stuff in moderation.  There's a lot in the bible about eating moderately and healthy. They must have been sleeping when certain verses were blasting from their audio bible :pb_wink:

An example...

Daniel 1:12-17 ESV “Test your servants for ten days; let us be given vegetables to eat and water to drink. Then let our appearance and the appearance of the youths who eat the king's food be observed by you, and deal with your servants according to what you see.” So he listened to them in this matter, and tested them for ten days. At the end of ten days, it was seen that they were better in appearance and fatter in flesh than all the youths who ate the king's food. So the steward took away their food and the wine they were to drink, and gave them vegetables. ...

This week’s bible study will include Tom telling his devoted followers in a scoffing tone that what everyone else thinks is “vegetables” in this verse is actually “Mountain Dew and poptarts” in the original Greek. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 25

1 hour ago, can'tstopwatching said:

This week’s bible study will include Tom telling his devoted followers in a scoffing tone that what everyone else thinks is “vegetables” in this verse is actually “Mountain Dew and poptarts” in the original Greek. 

Oooh, just like Gwen Shamblin and her Biblical Fritos! That would ... actually be a pretty horrible crossover of terrible ideas. Nobody ever mention WeighDown to Tom, please. 

Edited by Exchange Atheist
Typo
  • Upvote 6

12 hours ago, Zenyatta said:

My personal thoughts are that is what they liked to eat and so nothing that was said against it could be true. They hated scientists and experts on various subjects, so they had an easy way to claim the advice about healthy eating is fake. 

They do remind me of Gwen Shamblin. She loves diet coke and junk food, therefore that is the food God wants you to eat. 

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Exchange Atheist said:

Oooh, just like Gwen Shamblin and her Biblical Fritos! That would ... actually be a pretty horrible crossover of terrible ideas. Nobody ever mention WeighDown to Tom, please. 

However the troll said that Tom was getting "so skinny"... he is far away from being skinny, still has a big belly, due to all the candy and soft drinks with sugar and all that cheese and carbs he eats… skinny, not yet...

• Upvote 2

On 10/27/2019 at 10:59 PM, AliceInFundyland said:

We also have a sick goldfish and a clapping goldfish (my preferences). These refer to an infamous poster who claimed to have a $5000 constipated fish, among many other things.

We do now know that it's possible to have sick and constipated fish, but the legend remains.

They make 99% of us so happy.

When nonsense invades a thread some of us debate... I like a visual.

My daughter’s betta is constipated and it’s affecting his swim bladder. I think of FJ all the time and snicker a little. 

in other amusing anecdotes, sponsored search is clearly on to Tom. 

FFC6ADA6-E65F-41F1-9D40-B97FB25F03B8.thumb.jpeg.4d9928042238f8d4525a2717a9a7ddcd.jpeg

Edited by KnittingOwl
Adding spacing
  • Haha 13

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

My personal thoughts are that is what they liked to eat and so nothing that was said against it could be true. They hated scientists and experts on various subjects, so they had an easy way to claim the advice about healthy eating is fake. 

They do remind me of Gwen Shamblin. She loves diet coke and junk food, therefore that is the food God wants you to eat. 

Andrea often said she had studied nutrition extensively and she came to the conclusion that anything goes. For some time, way before Andrea's death, their family dinner night live videos showed them eating a tiny dab of some entree, then huge amounts of bread.  Never any vegetable or salad ever, not counting the tiny handful of dehydrated vegetables that Andrea sometimes added to a soup.

Also, the kids often ate next to nothing, which tells me they are not coming to the dinner table hungry.  With all those bins of hostess cake snacks and candy, I'm sure those kids snack all day long and are not hungry for dinner.

It was embarrassing to watch them diss the dinner train broccoli chicken casserole (which honestly looked like only cream of broccoli soup added, so not much broccoli at all) in favor of the pop tarts.  They had no problems eating those since that's what they are used to.

Their horrible eating habits, combined with no medical or dental care, makes me truely worried for those kids' well-being. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

Tom is getting some push-back, but not from where he expected.

He rescheduled Bible Study for Friday night because tomorrow is Halloween.  He got some negative comments and posted his defense of celebrating Halloween, game-playing and Magic video on Facebook.  That will lose him some of the more rabid Christian Fundie fans.   Satanic heresy!

He also live-streamed game night again on Facebook, but without the present opening.   He knows the youtubers really want to  see him opening all the loot they sent him. The man really has a problem with needing attention.

And if he can reschedule Bible Study from Thursday to Friday, then he can push it back to 9:00 pm so he can put the little kids to bed himself.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

The live facebook was more of the same. I didn't watch all of it but once again poor Hannah gets a bottle of milk and put to bed by Asher. It took him about 10 seconds to return to the table. No diaper change or pjs. Of course Tom made sure to tell Asher to close the door. Hannah was screaming and I decided not to watch anymore. I feel for the Mills kids. They need so much love and attention and seemingly get very little or none. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 14
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 1

I admit, I didn’t finish watching the above video defending Magic the gathering but oh boy if he doesn’t try to justify everything because BIBLE! 

And you can just feel his giddiness from being on camera again. 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, WhatAlife said:

I admit, I didn’t finish watching the above video defending Magic the gathering but oh boy if he doesn’t try to justify everything because BIBLE! 

And you can just feel his giddiness from being on camera again. 

I remembered watching this video already, or at least part of it. It' in his channel and it was recorded 3 years ago. Maybe Tom just posted it back again, but the video is the same. Anyway, he didn't do too much research to explain Xmas or Halloween origins...

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 10/29/2019 at 9:30 AM, can'tstopwatching said:

I don't want to dictate any of the conversation but I think it's best to leave the topic of the troll alone

But that it exactly what this type of comment does, try to dictate the conversation. People can talk about whatever they want, if you don't like the topic don't participate in the discussion. This is not a hive mind, it's quite the opposite. You are the second person wanting to do this in this thread. 

Guess who the first person was? Check the downvote, LOL.  What's going on in this thread?

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

You know, for a good bit after Mr Oy died, my kids ate a lot of pop tarts, granola bars, chips, snack cakes, etc.  Also pre cut fruit trays, veggie platters, cheese plates . . . 

We're coming up on nine months in Nov and we still don't eat regular sit down meals more than once or twice a week, but our food choices have settled down quite a bit.  I just went grocery shopping.  Twelve or so lbs of fruit.  Another 12 or so lbs of fresh vegetables.  Hummus, beans, rice, cheese, yogurt, eggs, milk, a little pasta, some bread . . . .  We like to put out a choice of produce, proteins, and carbs and fix our own plates from what's on offer.  I'll make salads and quick pickles, simple cooked dishes to go with, things that can hold as left overs for a couple days at a time.  I eat a lot of soup when the kids are at school, either pre made or from scratch.

For us, the reliance on boxed snack food type things was a coping mechanism for a few months, before finding a new normal that still involved the produce and vegetarian proteins we like.  And during those early months, when friends brought us meals, you'd better believe my kids immediately dropped the boxed snacks in favor of something made for us!  Tom and the kids behavior suggests they haven't eaten anything approaching a balanced diet in a very long time.  If Andrea was going for some sort of Weston Price type diet, she completely missed the part where he absolutely despised sugary, floury carbohydrate sources, railed against sugar, and heartily recommended vegetables and fermented vegetables in particular . . . . . I may have bought into that diet type for a few years . . . . some of what Andrea did sounds familiar.

Let's put it this way.  World Central Kitchen, an organization that sends chefs, equipment, and ingredients into disaster and refugee zones (and also relies on local produce, local recipes and local chefs and volunteers to do 90% of the work, WCK mainly does the organization and logistics) insists that every person they serve have access to fresh fruit and salads with every meal served.  If an organization that works in disaster zones thinks produce is that important, it's certainly important for a family growing up in the western US.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 9

10 hours ago, louannems said:

Also, the kids often ate next to nothing, which tells me they are not coming to the dinner table hungry.  With all those bins of hostess cake snacks and candy, I'm sure those kids snack all day long and are not hungry for dinner.

According to Andrea, all those Little Debbie snack cakes were put in a bin, and at 3pm every day, each child got to choose a snack from the bin. I don't know whether they were allowed to eat the snacks at any other time of the day.

• Upvote 2

At some point kids should crave something fresh like an apple or some carrots, no? 
   I know when I’m traveling sometimes and the diet isn’t the healthiest, I crave a juicy apple or some veggies. Eventually your body screams for it! 
It is hard to believe that her kids had enough self control to only eat one little Debbie type treat a day when they are constantly out in the open for them to grab. With a big family like that, it’s easy to swipe one and nobody would ever know exactly who had it.  “ It wasn’t me” is like a favorite phrase at our house when snacks go missing. 

Another subject I would want to touch on, but I’m not sure if it has been discussed, is Hannah’s development.  Even when Andrea was alive, Hannah seemed a little behind. Not crawling around and getting into stuff like you would expect from a 1 year old.  I was really worried about her not walking either but she seems to have mastered it, phew. 
Is it just me, or did others notice that she might be a few months ( about six?) behind babies her age.  

• Upvote 7

It’s great how biblical explanations can ruin everything-Halloween, junk food, health food, no technology, all technology, no sex, sex all the time...

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

@WhatAlife, I don’t know about Hannah, but a number of these families would qualify for services if their kids were in public school. Speech is a big one. A lot of the kids I hear on various fundies videos sound like they need speech therapy. Unfortunately they live such insulated lives they never get proper treatment. All that to say, there certainly could be some delays going on that could easily be helped, and yet they’ll never get the (FREE!!!) services they need because their parents are too prideful to admit they can’t provide everything their kids need to be the best version of themselves.  It’s maddening!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, Justme131 said:

Even if they are homeschooled, they can still utilize OT and speech.

Yes, this is absolutely true.

Many of them homeschool in order to isolate their kids as well as out of fear of the public schools, so it makes sense they don’t utilize resources they themselves decide they don’t need. It’s infuriating!

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic