IGNORED

Andrea Mills 3: Still Buying Junk Food

Coconut Flan

There has to be some sort of prayer closet infraction working here. Admitting to shit stirring and lying is damned obnoxious.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

58 minutes ago, Saywha? said:

Yeah.  And she’s so boring. Agree to ignore? Kind of a lame snooze fest with her/Tom. 

You mentioned in the other thread that you’re annoyed by people discussing Rachel.

It seems weird and controlling to me, the way you’re trying to direct the conversation. If people choose to talk about Rachel, it’s because they think it’s relevant/interesting to do so. You can take your own advice and “agree to ignore” the comments that bore you.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

What is going on in this thread?

The trolls sound like 12 - 15 year old girls to me, not adults.

I will say I've heard conservative millennials use the phrase "career woman" and 12 - 15 year olds of course pick up on phrases from their parents.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, raspberrymint said:

I will say I've heard conservative millennials use the phrase "career woman" and 12 - 15 year olds of course pick up on phrases from their parents.

Well, the troll admitted we were completely right, so...

But out of interest, in what context and what do they mean by it? Do they also call men with jobs “career men”? If not, why not?

That phrase just makes me think of Lori Alexander comment threads. *shudder*

• Upvote 10

They just mean women who work outside the home, with the implication that they aren't mothers, or at least aren't good mothers.  They definitely don't say "career men", because the message is that men can have families and careers both, and women can't.  We'll short-circuit and our kids will hate us, or something.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

14 minutes ago, Petronella said:

Well, the troll admitted we were completely right, so...

But out of interest, in what context and what do they mean by it? Do they also call men with jobs “career men”? If not, why not?

That phrase just makes me think of Lori Alexander comment threads. *shudder*

The troll phrases that jumped out at me were "living away in college" and the use of the word "chores".

It probably means nothing.  I've just never heard "living away in college".  It's usually "living away from home", "living in the dorms", "at college", "in school".  Something about it just sounded odd.

And I never called cleaning my apartment a chore.  Chores were what we did as kids.  As adults we call it housework.  Again, probably nothing.  

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, raspberrymint said:

They just mean women who work outside the home, with the implication that they aren't mothers, or at least aren't good mothers.  They definitely don't say "career men", because the message is that men can have families and careers both, and women can't.  We'll short-circuit and our kids will hate us, or something.

They sound like the fundies we talk about here.

Are they religious? Or are they secular and patriarchal? (I’ve not encountered that before!)

In any case, I stand by “career woman” being a phrase that is either used by an older generation neutrally, or by a younger generation derisively, as you describe above. It didn’t fit with a young woman, living on her own and working, which is how the troll described herself.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Petronella said:

They sound like the fundies we talk about here.

Are they religious? Or are they secular and patriarchal? (I’ve not encountered that before!)

In any case, I stand by “career woman” being a phrase that is either used by an older generation neutrally, or by a younger generation derisively, as you describe above. It didn’t fit with a young woman, living on her own and working, which is how the troll described herself.

Mostly religious.  A few tinfoil hat type atheists.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

57 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

There has to be some sort of prayer closet infraction working here. Admitting to shit stirring and lying is damned obnoxious.

Neither trolling or lying is against the rules here.  Painful, but not rule breaking.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 6

47 minutes ago, Petronella said:

You mentioned in the other thread that you’re annoyed by people discussing Rachel.

It seems weird and controlling to me, the way you’re trying to direct the conversation. If people choose to talk about Rachel, it’s because they think it’s relevant/interesting to do so. You can take your own advice and “agree to ignore” the comments that bore you.

I also didn’t say I was annoyed by the PEOPLE who talk about Rachel (quote me if I’m losing my marbles). Just that Rachel herself was annoying. 

47 minutes ago, Petronella said:

Irma goodness. It was a joke. Not trying to control anything. Geez. If it is her it’s just giving them fodor.... ‘twas all my point was. Yikers. 

Edited by Saywha?
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Saywha? said:

I also didn’t say I was annoyed by the PEOPLE who talk about Rachel (quote me if I’m losing my marbles). Just that Rachel herself was annoying. 

Irma goodness. It was a joke. Not trying to control anything. Geez. If it is her it’s just giving them fodor.... ‘twas all my point was. Yikers. 

“Talking about her is sort of a snooze fest.”

”Agree to ignore?”

That sounds to me like you are criticizing the conversation as boring, and asking people to not do it anymore.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

Just now, Petronella said:

“Talking about her is sort of a snooze fest.”

”Agree to ignore?”

That sounds to me like you are criticizing the conversation as boring, and asking people to not do it anymore.

Nope. Just cracking jokes about boring she is. And how she must love this. 

• Upvote 2
  • Move Along 1

1 hour ago, Saywha? said:

I think we can all agree she is boring.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

Neither trolling or lying is against the rules here. 

Admitted trolling should be against the rules, as trolling is disruptive and adds nothing to the discussion and actually deflects away from it. This is a topic for community discussion, just wanted to leave this here.

1 hour ago, Saywha? said:

Well, what did you mean by "Agree to ignore?" Words have meaning. This is trying to direct what others do on the board. There is no hive mind here, you ignore what you want to and others will do the same. 

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

31 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Admitted trolling should be against the rules, as trolling is disruptive and adds nothing to the discussion and actually deflects away from it. This is a topic for community discussion, just wanted to leave this here.

I started a topic in CD if members want to continue that discussion.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

Did you had the feeling that the troll could be one of the Mills older kids? For example Thomas or Judah. I wouldn't believe that it could be Asher… It sounds like it could have been one of them, for the many reasons that you guys have pointed out and for having their parents saying the term "career woman" to them… Maybe "Tommy" (Mr. Mills) asked them to come here and spy a bit and defend the family honour… maybe they did it for curiosity… maybe they did it just to please their father, and get more attention from him… who knows??? :sleuth:

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Tekas_76 said:

Did you had the feeling that the troll could be one of the Mills older kids? For example Thomas or Judah. I wouldn't believe that it could be Asher… It sounds like it could have been one of them, for the many reasons that you guys have pointed out and for having their parents saying the term "career woman" to them… Maybe "Tommy" (Mr. Mills) asked them to come here and spy a bit and defend the family honour… maybe they did it for curiosity… maybe they did it just to please their father, and get more attention from him… who knows??? :sleuth:

If Tom did have one of his boys do this it's a very despicable act. As little as I like about the man, this would be something even lower than the standard I currently hold for him.

I did consider the Reeves boy that is Thomas' friend teaming up with Thomas maybe. I can't see it being Thomas alone because as badly planned out it all was, I doubt Thomas would be able to think that up alone. But two teenage boys together could do it.
It's obvious Rachel is in contact with the Mill family as she's replied to Thomas's comments in earlier videos.
Someone may have come up with the concept to 'defend this 'compassionate' helper (aka stalker Rachel) and the family that somehow misunderstood.

As you say... who knows!!

• Upvote 1

Regarding Go Fund Me - is there a timeframe for accounts or can it be open indefinitely?  I know very little about how it all works.
It's currently a bit over $71K and it's two months since Andrea's passing.
For someone who constantly states that he doesn't NEED the $$$ but grifts anyway, it will be very interesting if and when he closes the account.  Getting so close to the holidays it would be awful of him to expect his youtube people to keep on giving despite the fact he keeps insisting that they want to.

• Upvote 10

37 minutes ago, under siege said:

Regarding Go Fund Me - is there a timeframe for accounts or can it be open indefinitely?  I know very little about how it all works.

No time limits:  https://www.gofundme.com/c/questions

Are there any deadlines or time limits?

No, never. With GoFundMe, there are no deadlines or time limits. Your campaign will remain live until you choose to turn off donations or remove the campaign altogether. Most organizers leave their campaigns active indefinitely to refer back to the kind comments and support they received.

... or to keep the funds people so want to give Tom dribbling in.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 3

I don't want to dictate any of the conversation but I think it's best to leave the topic of the troll alone, I think it was most likely a random Mills channel viewer and not a larger conspiracy lol. Hopefully Tom does something interesting soon so we have something better to talk about ?

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 9

1 hour ago, can'tstopwatching said:

Hopefully Tom does something interesting soon so we have something better to talk about.?

Or better yet, Tom turns off the camera, learns how to take care of his family in private, and we can all go read about the other wild and wacky weirdos on FJ! ? Or just post lots of cat pictures. ?

(I wouldn't tell anyone to stop watching, or stop discussing, but my fondest wish for many of these people we discuss is that they would change their ways. For instance, I always hope that the Russell threads will go dormant because he gets a good job, stops bad mouthing his daughter's mom on FB, and is a good part time parent to his daughter. Sadly, my wish has not come true. :sigh: )

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Or better yet, Tom turns off the camera, learns how to take care of his family in private, and we can all go read about the other wild and wacky weirdos on FJ! ? Or just post lots of cat pictures. ?

In my heart, I know this is the best possible outcome. Yet I sometimes google "gone dark" fundies hoping for updates.

Thank you for the reminder of what's really important!

Edited by Petronella
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 3

Well Tommy hasn't gone dark yet.  He just updated Facebook.  Public post.

It’s not looking like Youtube is going to get back to me until after the week long block is over, so the live bible study is officially moved to Thursday night at 8pm MST. Sorry about the trouble!

And Tom has scheduled it for 8 pm again.  After he said last week that it was an "accident" he scheduled Bible Study exactly at kiddy bed-time.  Asher is probably going to have to take responsibility for putting all the little ones to bed.  Again. 

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 4

48 minutes ago, Petronella said:

In my heart, I know this is the best possible outcome. Yet I sometimes google "gone dark" fundies hoping for updates.

Thank you for the reminder!

I'd miss hearing about some of them if they all went silent. In a few cases, I think I might really worry about the kids if their parents went dark. But with a lot of the other ones, I'd be thrilled if they shut up. (In particular Lori Alexander, who is a monster.)

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

When Andrea was dying, I really thought that the trauma of watching her go through it, would motivate Tom to roll up his sleeves and become the best parent to his kids. I thought he would want to honor her in that way. 
Naively I thought he really loved her and them, so he would do anything  to lessen their pain ( like grief counseling, re arrange overcrowded bedrooms, good nutritious meals, one on one time, etc) 

Instead, he just got high on how much money and attention from strangers he could get, keeps invalidating the grief his kids are dealing with, actively announced that he is not not looking for a wife ( thus looking) and above all doesn’t give a crap about what he is feeding his children. 
What a failure!

Think about it: “ My wife just died, my kids are motherless. What should be my priority???”?

” Oh, I know!! Bible study on YouTube !! I should devote all my non work time to it, because discussing this old book is what is crucial in these hardest of times “ ???

Grrr so devastating for the kids. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic